Barnes & Noble Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,206 of over 1,206.0 interviews

Employee Referral5%
2.2
HardAverageEasy

Barnes & Noble

Application

I interviewed at Barnes & Noble

Interview

Group Interview, they asked a few of us random questions, didn't really care what anybody said, and hired literally everybody in the group interview except one person who showed 30 minutes late.

Interview Questions
  • What's a time you achieved something? What kind of books do you like reading?
    Answer Question

Barnes & Noble

Application

I interviewed at Barnes & Noble

Interview

I sat down with 2 people, and they went back and forth with questions for me to answer. They introduced themselves and told me about themselves before asking me to do the same. We all got along and even laughed during the interview.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if you were in the middle of an important project but a customer needed help?

Barnes & Noble

Application

I interviewed at Barnes & Noble

Interview

Not too difficult. The interviewer was very friendly, but I guess It probably depends on who interviews you. Overall it was a good experience for me and I don't have any regrets.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Barnes & Noble

Application

I interviewed at Barnes & Noble

Interview

It was quick and straightforward, questions weren't too hard, mainly were the simple things like my motivation and why I want to work here, etc. Not to mention the person had a calm and warm nature to them which also made it easier.

Barnes & Noble

Application

I interviewed at Barnes & Noble

Interview

Easy and friendly. Do not stress. You will be asked about what books you like, how you would organize shelves, and if you would be comfortable helping in the cafe.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Barnes & Noble

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble

Interview

The managers ask questions wanting to know how educated you are with different genres of books and also your previous experience in retail/ how you helped ease a conflict with customer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Barnes & Noble

Application

I interviewed at Barnes & Noble

Interview

Interview went well, first over the phone, second one in person. Friendly, warm experience. Ask questions. Be quick with your answers. They’ll ask what book you’re currently reading and for you to try to sell it to them, so prepare for that.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle a dispute between yourself and a coworker?

Barnes & Noble

Application

I interviewed at Barnes & Noble

Interview

Great! Fantastic! Wonderful! Top notch! Silly question. How many more words? Am I done yet? This is a intrusive process for creating an account on Glassdoor. Need more words. Still not happy.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Buffalo, NY) in May 2022

Interview

The interview process started off very standard (what's your background, what are your current reads, do you have any plans in the next 90 days etc.) Then questions got much more specific and scenario-based.

Interview Questions
  • Q: What would you do if there was an area that needed tidying but there was a customer that needed your help?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Myrtle Beach, SC) in May 2022

Interview

your asked questions that apply to your position and character as an employee. your arrive to the company dressed in casual business attire and are to go to the customer review asking for the manager to interview with

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,206 Interviews

Barnes & Noble Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Barnes & Noble as 73.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.19 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Part Time Book Seller and Bookseller rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Barista and Cafe Server roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Barnes & Noble takes an average of 12 days when considering 1,480 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Part Time Book Seller had the quickest hiring process (on average 10 days), whereas Cafe Server roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 12 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Barnes & Noble according to 1,480 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 38.96%