Barnes & Noble Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Barnes & Noble

1,005 Interview Reviews

2.2

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

It was a simple and short process. I got a phone call one day and they asked me for an in person interview where they asked about the books I liked and basic questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

I first talked to one of the managers over the phone. It was a pretty fast conversation, not super in-depth. We planned an in person interview. In person, the store manager interviewed me in the café. We talked about my past experience and why I wanted to work there. He asked me a few questions.

Bookseller/Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Highland Village, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Highland Village, TX).

Interview

I applied online and was called a couple months later. I was then given a brief phone interview, mainly asking why I wanted the job. This was followed by two, in-person interviews, where I answered scenario related questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you faced conflict with a coworker and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

Met in the cafe to discuss the job posting which was for a seasonal position. Mostly relaxed with discussions regarding availability, work history and book sales experience. They did let me know they had other interviews before and after me.

Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

I was asked a series of questions regarding customer service experience and what books I was currently reading. I was also asked how I would respond to certain situations with customers.

Bookseller Interview

Interview

It was a very low-stress environment, taking place within the B&N cafe located there. Both the store manager and one of the assistant managers were there, but they were both very receptive to questions, answers, and comments.

Interview Questions

• If I were a customer, how would you sell or recommend a book to me?   Answer Question

Accounting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

Interview was very professional, 3 step process beginning with HR then with the manager of the department and lastly with the Director. It all came down to here is where you can either grow and gain experience to whether use here and grow or go elsewhere and be knowledgeable and confident in what you do, you need to be up for the work. I took the job :)

Interview Questions

• What do you want out of this Job?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone interview a week later. Went in for an interview with 2 managers 4 days later. Managers were very nice and didn't make me feel nervous.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how you handled it   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Santa Clarita, CA).

Interview

It was a group interview with about 15 people. We sat in a circle and went around first talking about ourselves (brief introduction including work experience, education) and why we want to work at B&N. Then the interviewers said they wanted to know how good we were at selling since it's a big part of the job (upselling, specifically), so they asked us to go find a book in the stacks and we had to come back to the group to "sell" the book to them. Then they asked us to talk to the person next to us and learn about them so we could "sell them" to the interviewers (why they would be good for the job). Heavy emphasis on charisma and the ability to engage with people.

Then there was a brief Q&A period and we handed in our resumes and that was it. It was about 40 minutes in total and the atmosphere was pretty relaxed for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

Pretty brief. Applied. Got called like 3 days later. Had a mini phone interview then was asked to come in the following week. Interview was in a tiny room with manager and was about 30 minutes.