Barnes & Noble Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 10, 2018

2.2

Music Seller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Midland, MI).

Interview

I met with a Store Manager in the Cafe. I had one interview. It was pretty relaxed. The questions were pretty standard but I added the ones I recall best.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Applied online, was called to interview, didn't take long, everyone was professional. Was interviewed by 2 people, which I always think is a positive :) Was asked a variety of questions, some were behavioral but mostly straight-forward, availability, experience, why books, etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle customers who are not happy with their service?   Answer Question

Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

very brief. I applied online and got a response a day later. I was apart of a group interview with 3 other people. they asked each of us questions; mainly about what we would do in certain situations.

Interview Questions

• describe the difference between good customer service and great customer service   Answer Question

Cafe Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Seattle, WA).

Interview

It was pretty chill. I went in for two rounds and was eventually offered the job. The people that interviewed me weren't uptight or anything. Seemed pretty laidback since both the interviewers had bright colored hair or facial piercings. They were really nice, and i would have taken the job if i weren't offered the job at my current coffeeshop.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you stay up to date with?   1 Answer

Cashier/Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

Very brief interview with a manager after applying online. Met in the cafe and just went through my resume, they asked for references at the end, but to my knowledge they didn't actually contact them.

Interview Questions

• They asked why I wanted to work there, how I thought my past experience applied here.   Answer Question

Cafe Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

They called me for an interview about a week after I applied online. The process was brief and included nothing but a general overview of the job's responsibilities. I basically got the job the same day and started working a few days after interviewing.

Anonymous Employee in Jefferson City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Jefferson City, MO).

Interview

I received a call from an assistant store manager and went in to speak with her. It was a good experience. The general manager was out of town at the time, so I also spoke to another assistant manager.

Interview Questions

• Favorite authors and books? (It was over a decade ago, so I don't recall much.)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cortlandt Manor, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Cortlandt Manor, NY).

Interview

I handed in a resume and application at customer service. I got a call a few weeks later to come in for an in-person interview. The questions were pretty standard for a retail position. I had previous experience in retail. In another week or so, I got a call offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you've finished your assigned work?   1 Answer
    • What was the last book you read?   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online about a month ago. I received an email from HR requesting a phone interview. The interview lasted about 20 minutes with the basic 'tell me about your background' questions. No pressure and very conversational. Unfortunately I did not have the experience they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.   1 Answer

Temporary Bookseller Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I was called two days after applying. I went into the interview which was pretty quick. I was asked to send give permission for a background check. I was called within a couple of days for the job.