C.H. Robinson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

I was seated in a private conference room with the "Hiring Manager" and the Operations Manager. Throughout the process, the "Hiring Manager" (I found out later that was neither her title nor her job function) pitched questions that almost seemed forced. It was almost as if she was training for the role and the Operations Manager was constantly having to add to her statements or coax additional information out of her to make the interview questions clearer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have ever run into a difficult situation at work. What was it and how did you correct it?   Answer Question

Air Export Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Torrance, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

phone interview, and face to face. Know exports and you are in. answer LTL and FTL , air , ocean and rail questions. you will need to know how to dispatch and work with local carriers plus do alot of other things outside of the export scope. Run away from this place while you can and Do NOT interview HERE !!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They made an offer of 44000 USD but I declined and asked for 50k plus bonus plus another 10% raise if I met all the requirements of the 6 month review. They agreed and we signed an employee contract.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson in May 2013.

Interview

Two step process. The first step was an interview with three interviewers, the second was a half-day shadow.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, which I regret.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Submitted a resume online. Got an email from the recruiter the next day, who wished to schedule an initial phone screening interview. The interview went well, and the HR contact wanted me to take an online personality assessment test. After the test, I was scheduled for another phone interview, and then an on site interview where I met the branch manager and got a feel for the culture.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (San Francisco, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

Phone interview then face to face. Look for industry experience, but easy to overcome with any outside sales experience. Stress success in relationship sales and ability to work up decision maker process to C-Level. Each branch is independent and has their own P&L, so you have the ability to negotiate additional items based on your experience, like cell phone, tele-commute, signing bonus, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you when you have no industry experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Work from home 2 days a week, signing bonus.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

Phone Interview, Personality assessment, another phone interview, in office interview, was aksed to watch a video and write an email as to how I felt I would be a match for the company and how the company would be a match for me, another phone interview with two sales reps from office, lunch with sales rep

Interview Questions

Accepted job with another company

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

The interview process was conducted in short amount of time. They quickly reached a decision on my candidacy. They eventually wanted someone else with more industry experience; which wasn't listed in the description.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson in September 2012.

Interview

Telephone interview. Secondary interview with operations supervisor.

Negotiation

easy

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Tampa, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

The process starts out with an online application. After that, a brief phone interview (roughly 45 minutes) is conducted. Should you make it through this round, a series of other interviews are conducted.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Miami, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

20 minute phone interview with simple questions. Some had to do with challenges you have faced in past jobs and how you fixed them. Asked about relevant experience and skills. Also asked about bilingual status due to South American customers. Also this was for a Miami position.