C.H. Robinson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at C.H. Robinson

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN) in January 2020.

Interview

Three rounds of different interviews. One where I had to look at a website and identify the issues with it (no looking at the code or anything). The others were just talking. Felt like a poor assessment of technical skills.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

Phone Interview, 2 On site interviews. When I had my phone interview, I was informed that the salary range was $55k - $65k. On the last site interview, I was informed that the salary range was $40k - $60k. Definitely would not have wasted my time if I was given the proper information. All 3 interviews took within 2 weeks. After the last interview, I waited 1.5 months to be told I didn't get the job because my salary expectations were higher. C.H. Robinson does not invest in its employees! If you want to work at the company, the first question in the phone interview was, "What do you know about the company?" If you can't answer that, don't expect another interview!

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online, got an email saying they would like to schedule a phone interview. Schedules the phone interview and got asked to the fin al round on the found. Was a very professional straight up interview, with some very good questions and insight about the position.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Chicago, IL) in November 2019.

Interview

Hired on through a staffing company. First interview was on the phone w a recruiter and the second was at their office in Lincoln Park. After they get to know you it's mostly situational and what-if questions but that could have been because I don't have previous logistics experience.

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Dallas, TX) in November 2019.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone interview with the Headquarters office within a week. It was a standard interview, going through my background and giving more details on the actual role. After that, it progressed to a second phone interview with a representative at the office I was applying to, and was very similar to the first interview. An in-person interview was scheduled the next week, which included going over my background and then shadowing a current employee to see what the job is like.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard. It was done at my campus and the recruiter was very nice. It was a series of behavioral based questions, but still flowed like a conversation.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 things you want me or any recruiter to remember after meeting you?   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN) in October 2019.

Interview

Recuiter is all cool and hiring manager phone call was all good. For onsite, they took me to this casual room and started all nice friendly. Then some VP started asking questions he knew the answers to and wanted me to know how smart he was.

Not the type of place I would want to spend my time, ended the interview and walked out.

Best part is the recuiter contacted weeks later at a new company and wanted me to apply for a similar position. No Way Jose!

Stay away from CHR, they are all less then honest or trustworth.

Collen with a 'K'...

Interview Questions

• You do know Mod, right?   1 Answer
    • We get lots of really great things with no money, how will fit in?   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Atlanta, GA) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied online, and I was contacted by the recruiter by email within 2 days to set up a phone interview. During the phone interview, the recruiter did not know the commission plan offered for this sales role (she stated this sales role is base salary + commission). She wanted to know my salary expectations yet she did not have any explanation or details on the commission plan and how much the commission factored into the total compensation for this role. The recruiter then tried to explain about their "Excellent" benefit package and said that they offered 401K. I asked when the 401K would be vested? She did not know the meaning of the word vested and I had to explain to her what vesting means. She did not understand that some 401K plans are vested immediately and some plans are vested over years of service with the company, depending on the plan. She had no idea about this information or what the word vested meant, yet she was trying to tell me about their wonderful benefits. There was no company car or car allowance provided for a sales role which requires 50-75% travel over multiple states. This is completely unacceptable. I have worked in sales for other companies and most other companies either provide their sales people with a company car or provide a monthly car allowance/stipend to cover mileage, and expenses on the car. I declined proceeding further with the position as I was not willing to put excessive miles on my personal car for business travel without being properly re-imbursed. Clearly this company doesn't even know how to operate professionally or the benefits it is offering, or the recruiter doesn't know how to explain its benefits properly. I would not want to work for such an unprofessional, dis-organized company.

Transportation Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN) in October 2019.

Interview

Three rounds of one-on-ones with people in the department. Asked mostly about experience and finished with what experience I thought I would gain from working there. Very formal

Interview Questions

• How did you prepare for this interview?   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

1 phone call with the recruiter, 1 in person interview with the sales manager. Offered position within 2 days. Accepted for the experience and what I thought could be long term play. Fortune 200 company.