C.H. Robinson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Springfield, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was longer than expected, but I believe it was necessary because of what they're investing in you as an employee. I first went through a series of phone interviews. The first was simply a debriefing of who C.H. Robinson is and what the position entails. The second phone interview was much more intense. I spoke to the Senior Recruiter at C.H. Robinson and she made the decision on whether or not I advanced to the next interview. A week or so later, I was told that I got an invite to the branch that I applied to. During that interview, I sat down with the GM for a few hours and then shadowed other Sales Executives. Finally, I got called back and was asked to interview with their Manager of Sales. The whole process took about four weeks.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself to me?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

A few phone interviews followed up by an intensive half day shadow interview process where you also are given a pitch scenario. I would say it is key to show up very prepared with information on the company and be ready to think on your feet.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN) in December 2017.

Interview

It was straightforward I only did a phone "interview", nothing special but they literally spend half of the interview asking me questions I answered when I filled out the application. Waste of time and impersonal. I have had two friends who also interviewed for positions with their global team and they thought the same thing. Seems strange, but maybe recruiters never see your application? Nothing like the phone interviews I have had lately with other large companies in the area.

Internship Interview

Interview

The recruiter was incredibly nice and easy to talk to on the phone. He asks a lot of questions about past work experience, leadership experience and personality type questions. No technical questions were asked

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN).

Interview

The interview process was pretty odd - I wasn't asked a single coding question, just endless behavioral questions from a bunch of different people. My strongest point is my technical skill so I did not walk away feeling great about my chances (and did not receive an offer).

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2017.

Interview

The process took approximately one week. I sent in my application via LinkedIn and received an email from a recruiter that explained that my background and qualifications match what they are looking for. We set up a thirty minute phone interview that asked very basic questions: What are you looking for in a career? Why C.H. Robinson? Why Sales? Then she explained the role, compensation, and what training would be like. After the 30 minute phone interview, she set me up to meet with a sales manager at the Minneapolis location. The in-person interview was scheduled for 3 hours. It consisted of shadowing a carrier representative and the process involved with the position. This provided opportunities to see if I would like the job and ask questions that may be useful in making a decision. It followed with a 40 minute interview with a sales manager and then concluded with a 15 minute discussion with the General Manager. I received an offer 30 minutes later and was given a week to make a final decision. Overall, a very easy process if you can sell yourself.

Interview Questions

• When did you face a difficult challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Lisle, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

First had a phone interview on Monday. My recruiter was incredibly nice and helpful. At the end of the phone interview she scheduled me for an office interview right away on Wednesday, also gave me some tips. The office interview was also great, everyone was upbeat it was very laid back I think they asked me one question and it turned into a conversation from there. Got to job shadow for awhile which was really informative!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 rounds spaced out over the span of a month: 2 in-person interviews with the decisionmaker and senior influencer and 1 in-person meet & greet with the team you'll be working with.

The decisionmaker gained a reputation for being very difficult to deal with but I found him quite personable. The meet & greet portion of the interview was focused on introducing myself as an potential hire for the team and also served as a chance for me to meet them and ask additional questions regarding the company and scope of work.

Interview Questions

• Describe the methodology and process which you take in obtaining new business.   Answer Question

Global Forwarding Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Knoxville, TN) in October 2017.

Interview

They reached out to me and scheduled a phone interview. The interviewer was not clear with her questions but I also did not make it to the second interview. She seemed a little flighty and the interview was very short. She focused on my resume and asked me questions about my experience with customer service

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter, technical phone screen and interview on site. On the phone I was asked trivial questions about Javascript but the interview on site was heavily focused on hit-or-miss questions about Angular and REST APIs. Why have someone on site without getting an idea of the skills that are most important to you first? That's what phone screens are for. I thought it was a waste of time that could have been easily prevented.

Technical team seemed inexperienced conducting interviews and a couple of individuals in that team seemed to lack basic human skills. Interviewers in other teams were engaging and genuinely interested.

Interview Questions

• Difference between a service and a factory.
      Describe how REST APIs are issued and routed.
      What is your favorite algorithm to write.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

Applied and shortly after received an email from a recruiter. The recruiter set up a time for a phone interview (20-30 minutes). The phone interview was laid back with the intent to get to know you and went over the position.