C.H. Robinson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

C.H. Robinson Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2017

2.8

Global Export Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

It was very easy to get an interview and the interview itself was easy too. However, The interviewer was from a distant state from the location I applied to and we barely discussed my relevant qualifications; they seemed more interested in my high school summer job. The interviewer sent my information to two other "open positions" in two other locations (different from where this person was calling me from and from my original application office location), and told me they would be in touch. About a week later I get an email saying that they went with other candidates who better fit the position, this is fine and I can handle a rejection letter. However it is important to note the email specifically mentioned the original application position and location and neither of the other two that were discusses and where my information actually sent. After about another week with no feedback I sent a quick follow up email. Apparently the rejection was all encompassing for all three positions and locations. Again I can rejection, but this interviewer was extremely rude and unprofessional in the email. It was quick and short, but the thing that really got to me was the greeting. It said "Hey, (insert nickname for my full name here)". I have never met this person and only spoke with them for 15 minutes. The fact that they disrespected me and couldn't be bothered to write out my full and correct name and opted for such a personal alternative is mind-blowing and has left a bad taste in my mouth for this company. Also, anyone thinking of applying to any similar positions, no matter the location, they always have postings for it, which leaves high doubt that there was an actually job available to begin with.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Very easy process, started with phone interview then two in-person interviews that were longer (about 1.5-2 hours) because they gave me the opportunity to shadow an Account Manager in the office I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to take risk? Can you give an example of a time that you had to take risk?   Answer Question

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Was contacted to set up a phone interview. Recruiter jumped straight into my knowledge of the position and why I would be a fit for it. Proceeded to ask a few situational questions and was promptly given an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge in the workplace you had to overcome?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Not too terrible; was interviewed by 3 different people one of whom was the office manager. When I first arrived I sat for about 15 minutes and just observed the office. There was a lot going on.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Springfield, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was longer than expected, but I believe it was necessary because of what they're investing in you as an employee. I first went through a series of phone interviews. The first was simply a debriefing of who C.H. Robinson is and what the position entails. The second phone interview was much more intense. I spoke to the Senior Recruiter at C.H. Robinson and she made the decision on whether or not I advanced to the next interview. A week or so later, I was told that I got an invite to the branch that I applied to. During that interview, I sat down with the GM for a few hours and then shadowed other Sales Executives. Finally, I got called back and was asked to interview with their Manager of Sales. The whole process took about four weeks.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself to me?   1 Answer

Distribution Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

Kind of Antiquated. The process was not fluid like other interviews have been. Every question was read off of a card. The interviewers were also not as aligned as you would think. One was typing everything while the other asked questions.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied for a completely different position, recruiter contacted me about a more relevant one. After a phone screening within 24 hours, I had an interview scheduled. Proceeded to second round, but no offer.

Overall, turn around time and handling by the recruiter was extremely well done and professional. They even called to follow up on why I wasn't getting the offer (other candidate had slightly more technical skill). This company obviously takes extra care to make their HR division efficient and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when a project did not go the way you expected and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Entey Writer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson in March 2017.

Interview

It was very friendly and comfortable. The talent development manager interciewed me in person. No phone screening interview. The questions were easy to answer. She asked me why I consider leaving the current job.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Richardson, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was not to difficult, but you have to understand what they are really looking for. They seem to expect very specific answers. Overall, the interview was fine, but be prepared to hear back two weeks later instead of wishing 3 to 5 business days.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Tampa, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

The process starts out with an online application. After that, a brief phone interview (roughly 45 minutes) is conducted. Should you make it through this round, a series of other interviews are conducted.