C.H. Robinson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Springfield, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was longer than expected, but I believe it was necessary because of what they're investing in you as an employee. I first went through a series of phone interviews. The first was simply a debriefing of who C.H. Robinson is and what the position entails. The second phone interview was much more intense. I spoke to the Senior Recruiter at C.H. Robinson and she made the decision on whether or not I advanced to the next interview. A week or so later, I was told that I got an invite to the branch that I applied to. During that interview, I sat down with the GM for a few hours and then shadowed other Sales Executives. Finally, I got called back and was asked to interview with their Manager of Sales. The whole process took about four weeks.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself to me?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Chicago, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

I interviewed in Chicago, IL in February, 2018. The interview was very long - 3.5hrs, so prepare yourself for a long day of asking questions and also answering. It started from me getting to the location and checking in at the front - make sure you know the name of the person you are interviewing with. Then the HR person came to get me at exactly 1pm, we went to her office and she gave a presentation of the company and the sales position. After that I shadower customer and carrier side of sales. Make sure you prepare a lot of questions in advance, and what I did was wrote mine down so at least I have some ideas and then ask whatever else you want to know later. After 1hr of shadowing I interviewed with an HR manager and she asked typical behavioral questions and wrote down all of the answers. Once she finished asking me questions, she answered the questions that I had for her - AGAIN, ASK AWAY!!!! Afterwards the first HR representative took me to a small room where she gave me a sales role play scenario and I had 20 minutes to prepare. It is extremely easy, and it is plenty of time to prepare so don't stress about it. Then you do a sales pitch to the same HR person and one more Manager and they ask you a couple questions to end it, and also answer any questions that you have left. I thought it was an easy interview,but I haven't gotten a response from them yet.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the time that you had to work with someone in a group that you didn't like. How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I went in for a final round interview. 3.5 hours, fairly intensive but not too challenging. Everyone I met with was extremely friendly and helpful. I shadowed two different account managers, met with a couple of HR reps and had a final business role-playing simulation. It's challenging, but just have fun with it.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation in which you failed to meet customer expectations and how you responded.   Answer Question

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Plano, TX).

Interview

Phone interview to in-person interview regarding the demands of the position as well as what I have done in the past to prepare myself for the rigors of the job

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to adapt quickly and learn something new   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

1st phone call was about 45 minutes long. You could tell they were reading the interview questions right off the computer. I could hear them typing away at everything I spoke out loud. Overall they were basic interview questions.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

A few phone interviews followed up by an intensive half day shadow interview process where you also are given a pitch scenario. I would say it is key to show up very prepared with information on the company and be ready to think on your feet.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Chicago, IL) in December 2017.

Interview

I first applied online through my campus recruiting. I heard back within a week and set up a phone interview while I was still at school. This mainly was a screening with obvious questions like "why sales" or "why C.H. robinson." Overall, super easy- they just want to make sure you can hold a conversation. Although, I did not feel that I had a great connection with the interviewer, I ended my interview with the question "do you have any hestistations that would prevent you from hiring me" and I really think that sealed the deal because immediately after I asked the question she invited me to the in-house interview, where I received a confirmation email the next day.

The second and final round interview took place on site, and at first when you arrive the recruiter gives a professional presentation about the role and C.H. robinson which really helps you understand the company better. After, I went on a tour and was able to shadow both a carrier and sales rep for about 30 minutes each. Then there is formal interview with the same person who presented the presentation asking a lot of behavioral questions (but nothing too hard) and then theres a 2nd interview with the head recruiter and a sales manager where you had to do a sales pitch regarding a unrelated industry and then some just basic questions about you and your background, received an offer the next day.

My biggest advice would be to come with a lot of questions because they definitely are looking that you can hold a conversation since this is a sales job.

Interview Questions

• Why sales?
      Why C.H. Robinson?
      Tell me a time you worked in a group and one member did not preform as suppose to and how did you deal with that?   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN) in December 2017.

Interview

It was straightforward I only did a phone "interview", nothing special but they literally spend half of the interview asking me questions I answered when I filled out the application. Waste of time and impersonal. I have had two friends who also interviewed for positions with their global team and they thought the same thing. Seems strange, but maybe recruiters never see your application? Nothing like the phone interviews I have had lately with other large companies in the area.

Internship Interview

Interview

The recruiter was incredibly nice and easy to talk to on the phone. He asks a lot of questions about past work experience, leadership experience and personality type questions. No technical questions were asked

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2017.

Interview

The process took approximately one week. I sent in my application via LinkedIn and received an email from a recruiter that explained that my background and qualifications match what they are looking for. We set up a thirty minute phone interview that asked very basic questions: What are you looking for in a career? Why C.H. Robinson? Why Sales? Then she explained the role, compensation, and what training would be like. After the 30 minute phone interview, she set me up to meet with a sales manager at the Minneapolis location. The in-person interview was scheduled for 3 hours. It consisted of shadowing a carrier representative and the process involved with the position. This provided opportunities to see if I would like the job and ask questions that may be useful in making a decision. It followed with a 40 minute interview with a sales manager and then concluded with a 15 minute discussion with the General Manager. I received an offer 30 minutes later and was given a week to make a final decision. Overall, a very easy process if you can sell yourself.

Interview Questions

• When did you face a difficult challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN).

Interview

The interview process was pretty odd - I wasn't asked a single coding question, just endless behavioral questions from a bunch of different people. My strongest point is my technical skill so I did not walk away feeling great about my chances (and did not receive an offer).