CVS Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,850 Interview Reviews

2.1

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CVS Health (Chicago, IL) in March 2010.

Interview

I had a phone interview with 2 individuals. It took about an hour and both asked me behaviorial questions such as "Give me an example of a time when you had to meet a tight deadline".

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you had to work under a strict deadline.   Answer Question
    • Explain to me your management style.   Answer Question

Computer Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chemung, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Chemung, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

The Interview was standard, with the usual questions; where have you been, where do you see yourself in five years. Call backs are prompt, and the HR staff is friendly.

Interview Questions

• Is that a new suit? there were no hard questions, it is a relaxed atmosphere   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was needed the number they quoted was what i was looking for at the time.

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

The whole process was handled through the staffing agency. The agency contacted me and asked for my current resume and did a phone screen to review my qualifications. References were contacted. I did not interview with any management or staff at the actual company/work site.

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

Phone interview, then the hiring leader would decide if you would be able to have an in person interview. The phone interview was similar to a verbal job application, I was asked typical questions you would see in a written job application. Nice and cordial recruiter. Asked about my experience, pay, current pay, availability, work status, strengths, and why you would like to work at CVS.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. Be prepared to ask them questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mount Prospect, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health (Mount Prospect, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was with 2 supervisors, the process took about a half hour, very straightforward and direct questions. There were a lot of setbacks and the hiring process took weeks longer than expected

Anonymous Employee in Mount Prospect, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health (Mount Prospect, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, phone interview, in person interview, got hired through the company. A lot of people went through agencies, and CVS conducts a monthly hiring fair where you can be hired on spot.

Anonymous Employee in Mount Prospect, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Mount Prospect, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

Two phone interviews and one in person interview. In person interview was random and didn't have much to do with the job. The interviewer mostly talked about herself and seemed to have little interest in me. Overall, it was a very simple interview process. I was offered the position one hour after my interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you go to school for? Why do you think you would be a good fit for this organization? Previous job experience.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CVS Health in December 2014.

Interview

I actually didn't even need to interview, they said they were so in demand of people that they skipped my interview all together and hired me over the phone. I do have a lot of pharmacy experience but still. I should have taken this as a sign as to how desperate they are to really have bodies in the pharmacy.

Overnight Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CVS Health (Freeport, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

After applying online, I had gotten a call-back within about 3 days. I went in for my appointment for the interview and sat with the store manager at the time. I had asked about the overnight position and mentioned the price differential of it being for overnight. He then proceeded to act clueless about such a thing. I had to lowball myself in negotiations of pay rate because he told me he couldn't hire me at what I had originally put down. The rate I had asked for on my resume was $10.75.I had to agree to $8.75v to be hired. I also was told I would be placed in the day shifts until I got the feel of the store for 2 to 3 weeks. That turned into there never being a strictly night position. I was given whatever hours whenever. This was not told in the interview.

Interview Questions

• He had only asked about my pay rate and if I could go lower.   1 Answer

Overnight Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CVS Health (Temecula, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

I applied online one morning in November, and was contacted almost immediately for an interview. The interview process consisted of the store manager explaining what he needed, and asking me about my prior experience. Aside from that, I was given no actual interview questions. It seems he was desperate to get somebody on overnight. Once I was given the job offer, I was told I would have to go to a training facility an hour away, and spend six to eight hours there for orientation (though, it could have easily been done at the local CVS), which was the worst part of the hiring process because Upland, CA is a terrible place.

That's pretty much it. I wasn't given a drug test (I'm told they only drug test people who are being hired for a supervisor, management, or pharmacy position), so that sped things up considerably.

Negotiation

I was offered 50 cents more than I was making at my other job, so I saw no reason to attempt to negotiate.