Citi Java Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Java Developer Interview Questions

2.5

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

HR called me and set up an interview with project Director. So this Director called and asked me one question on what methods you override in java.lang.object class
I was not sure of the answer, I told I am not sure and he told the answer and also cleared that he was expecting a straight forward answer for that. He told clearly that he don't want to go ahead asking any more questions and finished the interview in just 5 minutes. I felt it as a fair deal. its okay to clear thoughts on the moment instead passing time with other questions.

Interview Questions

• what methods would you overwrite in java.lang.object class   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

They are desperate to hire people, their main concern is if you want to work for them. If you answer yes they make you feel like they don't respect you because of this.

Interview Questions

• Can the double checked locking fail on single processor system?   2 Answers

They are clearly a failing venture, it shows in so many ways. Total waste of time.

Anonymous Employee in Warren, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Warren, NJ) in January 2009.

Interview

1 HR round. 2 interviews with team members.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Pune (India)).

Interview

I have been referred by my friend. After two days they scheduled my interview, after interview their HR called me almost after 10 days and told me I cleared telephonic round and I have to give an online test along with that he took general information such as current CTC, expected CTC etc. It took another 10 days to schedule online test. Test was very simple, on the same day I got call from HR that I have cleared the test and I will have to go through few face to face rounds. After few days they called me and told me that my current CTC is already very high and they can't match up even my current CTC let alone my expected CTC. The whole process was such a waste of time. HR department should have clarity on companies paying ability before proceeding further.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through the company's website. A few days later I got an email with two lines of words from one HR guy. He asked me to give him a call him when I have time in the email. I called when I saw the email. Nobody answered and I left a voice mail with my cell phone number. Approximately the guy called me back one hour later. During the conversation, my home phone was ringing suddenly, and I excused for a second and held the phone so that I can answer the sudden phone call and told the unexpected caller to call me later. I quickly hung up the home phone in a few seconds and resumed back to the conversation with the guy from Citi. He seemed to be unhappy with this situation and quickly finish our conversation. This means I was declined so promptly.

Interview Questions

• A simple question with regard to my experience and that's it since it was a too short conversation.   Answer Question

Citi Response

May 31, 2016 – Global Recruitment VP

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your Technology Analyst interview experience with Citi Canada. We do conduct brief telephone interviews with all applicants prior to inviting them for... More