Citi Risk Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Risk Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2017

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

The whole interview process was nice and friendly. The recruiter was nice. But unfortunately I did not get the offer at the end. But it was still a good practice.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview starts from the HR with some general questions. Then, there are six 1:1 interviews with current VPs, quant associates, etc. They are super nice. The contents of the interviews differ from one interviewer to another. Some interviewers focus on technical questions while some focus on your background. The interview questions cover from algorithm, statistics, stochastic calculus to financial basics and option pricing.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

Relaxed, easy interview process. Mostly behavioral. Cared more about how smart you are / whether you can think quickly on your feet than whether you know a lot of finance/risk specifics.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Troy, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through college. it was a on campus interview. Recruiters are nice. The first interview consists of 2 parts, behavior part and technical part.Both takes 30 minutes. The technical questions are easy. You need to be familiar with probability theory and statistics.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

three round phone interview with technique questions related to stochastic calculus, stats, coding, asset pricing. be prepared with solving probability problem, correlation problem, eigen value and know your resume well.

Interview Questions

• what's the difference between brownian motion and random walk   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

With the Recruiter went over the resume and discussed how the experience matched with the position requirements. After first interview the hiring manager set up a phone interview, one week later I was meeting with the hiring manager and two people from his team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

On campus interview. One on one. Mostly behavioral (i.e. walk me through resume, why risk, why citi, etc.). Asked a brain teaser involving simple geometry mostly to test your abstract thinking skills. The interview was not bad at all and we were promised turnaround by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you clashed with a team member?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I did an on-campus interview and questions were all like behavior questions such as what was my strengths and weaknesses. I was also asked to answer some probability questions but they were not hard.

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Almost all fit questions. Asked about my past experiences. Why Citi? Why risk? Why they would choose me rather than other candidates? Talk about strength and weakness.

Nothing out of expectation.

They have a nice office site in TriBeCa. Really good view.

People are more approachable and friendly.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview process was pretty straightforward, all behavioral questions. They interviewed 12 people that day. It was rather disorganized, because they asked us to come at 7.45 am, yet my interview took place at 10.30. Interviewed on Friday, got an offer on Monday. Interview process was pretty straightforward, all behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions - Tell me about yourself, how did you prepare for the interview. etc   Answer Question