Convergys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2018
1,133 Interview Reviews

2.2

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Convergys.

Interview

Still in the application process. Been about a week. Just finished my video interview questions I should hear back sothing soon I hope. I really would like to work for this company

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Convergys (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

I applied at the beginning of May online and it took 3 weeks for someone to email me back. They forgot to send me the link to test my laptop to see if it is compatible to their system to work on. It took additional 2 weeks to here from someone to take the typing test again and also redo the testing on my laptop to make sure everything was fine. I am doing my phone interview tomorrow.

Tier I Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erlanger, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Convergys (Erlanger, KY) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied online on Tuesday and heard back from a recruiter on Thursday. I came in for an interview on Friday. When I got there I took a 12 question quiz testing my basic tech knowledge. I also took a typing test. I was then taken to the back to be interviewed.

The interviewer went over the job description in very great detail. He then ask me basic questions about my resume. He ask me questions about customer experience. We did a basic mock call. I was the agent trying to help the customer connect to wifi. You would have a time to look over the scenario and see what you need to ask the customer. He then took an iPhone out and ask me to see if wifi was connected, blue tooth, get to cloud storage, and cellular data.

He then offered me the position.

It went very quickly.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are the key elements of great customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Longview, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Convergys (Longview, TX).

Interview

The interview process is easy they hire just about anyone. You will take a typing test, answer a couple of questions and that is pretty much it.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Convergys (Lake Mary, FL) in May 2018.

Interview

I had to go through 2 interview, first was a test about my knowledge, next interview was a sit down interview with a manager. I was asked question about my prior knowledge with the Microsoft exchange server, i answer with the best of my ability.

Interview Questions

• What is the mail protocol used in exchange server   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Convergys (Jacksonville, NC) in April 2018.

Interview

Easy interview. Job offer directly after. Nice people They make you feel welcomed. No pervious customer service required. Simple questions. Didn’t make me feel pressured. Interviewed on Friday, started training on Monday.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you fixed a problem without calling the company.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Convergys (Miami, FL) in January 2018.

Interview

This was for a work at home CUSTOMER SERVICE/SALES position. I utilized Glassdoor prior to interviewing, and some of the questions I wasn't expecting since previous interviewer's didn't list them/weren't asked them.
    I included in my "interview questions", since they caught me off guard.

1) Fill out application online: go to convergys.com and fill out an application, then meet the computer requirements through downloading the computer test software.
    2) I was contacted by a recruiter to take a webcam interview, which I had never had to do before. The interview was just me answering questions that were pre-recorded, there wasn't a live person on the other end.
    3) I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone "pre-interview", which consisted of going over my resume, as well as if I'm able to work certain hours, etc. At the end we set up a time for the next day for an "official interview" where I'd be ask tech questions and behavioral questions.
    4) I had my official interview (which I will list the questions I was caught off guard by down below), and I was then offered the job at the end of the call. I was told I'd be sent a drug screen, and background check I'd need to complete. Then I'd be sent an official job offer, then I'd be sent requirements for a headset, USB flash drive, and monitor size. Then 2 days prior to training I'll receive the training class instructions.

Overall: A very, very thorough process for a work at home job. There are many hoops to jump through, but as long as you're not doing drugs, have no arrests, and have the required technical products, you'll be able to get the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you minimize a window?   1 Answer
    • What's the difference between a modem and a router?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to help someone troubleshoot something technically. (either at work, at home, etc.)   1 Answer
    • How many screens do you typically navigate?   Answer Question
    • How do you ensure each and every guest gets quality service?   1 Answer
    • An example of a time when you've dealt with an angry customer, and how you resolved it?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you didn't know the answer to something at your most recent job, what did you do?   1 Answer
    • Name the most difficult sale you've made in your career, and how did you close it/what did you do to close it?   1 Answer

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Convergys (Savannah, GA) in March 2018.

Interview

Terrible hiring process at Convergys. I applied on a Wednesday and got called the following day (Thursday). When I spoke with the recruiter, they went over my resumé and qualifications and gave some specifics about the position. We scheduled an in-person interview for the following Monday, and they said they would send an email confirmation. I never received it. The next day (Friday), while I was at work, the recruiter called and left an angry voicemail because I had "missed my interview" that morning. They called at 11:45am and said I had until noon to call back with a legitimate reason for not showing up, or my application would be withdrawn.

Needless to say, I called them back and made it clear that THEY made a scheduling error, failed to send a confirmation email, and that I had no interest in working for a company that screwed up their hiring process in such a way. I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my customer service experience, and what good customer service meant to me.   Answer Question

Csr1 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Convergys (Columbus, GA) in February 2018.

Interview

Take typing test, interview sign paper and do a background check and drug check. Pretty easy tbh they’ll hire anyone. All you have to do is look nice and speak well

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Convergys (Fremont, NE) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview was very straight forward. Just asked me Tell me about yourself at the beginning of the interview and went a bit deeper into what was on my resume. My skills and background.