Convergys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 9, 2018
1,173 Interview Reviews

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Convergys (Logan, UT) in September 2013.

Interview

Overall they ask general questions and they do a typing test 25wpm. They do troubleshooting test.

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Convergys (Greensboro, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

One interview. Just seemed like they were trying to fill training class.

Negotiation

It was non-negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Convergys (Tucson, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was standard, though the description was not what my job ended up including. A very informal interview. I later interviewed for other positions which included multiple stages and with any different people. That was a bit intense.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Convergys (Tampa, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Very easy, Didn't ask for diploma. Nice interviewer also the questions were very easy. Review the cabelas website if applying for the department.I was offered the job on the spot and took it. It was a good first real job with decent pay. I was later promoted to H&R Block.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to go above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer

Outbound Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hazelwood, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Convergys (Hazelwood, MO) in January 2010.

Interview

i arrive at the interview at 9:00 wait in the front for 30 minutes for a recruiter to walk me back. went to the back did a basic skills test fill out some waiver forms. decide to decline the position.

Phone Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Convergys (Logan, UT) in August 2010.

Interview

I submitted a resume online, they called me, they offered me the job, this place is easy. It consists of only one phone interview and then there is a test that they emailed me. The test I later learned is the make it or break it marker. However, with a little thought and some computerized thinking anyone can come up with the right answers. They are not difficult questions just like brain teaser type things. Be ready to be flexible with your schedule after you start. See the Negotiation phase for more details on that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, this doesn't happen here. Take it or leave it. Be ready to accept a schedule that is general like evening or morning. After you have been there and the semesters of the local University shift you will get a chance to make your first real choices on your employment and scheduling. Be ready to take it easy for about 4 months when you first start.

PHP Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Convergys (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Overall the interview was good. Standard technical questions. Everyone was professional. I have dealt with Convergys before and wanted to know their polices before stepping in the door, as almost ALL of my web development experience has been academic or freelance work. This would be a make or BREAK depending on the salary and freelancing issue.

They were coy about when I asked to see the company polices and while they seemed to like my portfolio, when I explained it was freelance work and asked how they felt about freelancing as it always is good to use to learn new things with.

That question went over like a fart in church. Obviously I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Basic PHP questions, Jquery howto's   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Convergys (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

Got an email from talent acquisition and set up an initial screen with them. After that you meet with some of the senior managers and go through your resume. If you are chosen to move on throughout the process, you then meet with the directors so that they can meet you. If you make it past the interviews with the senior managers then you basically have the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe your background and why you are a good fit for this position   Answer Question

Associate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Convergys (San Antonio, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted by recruiting and had a phone interview. I was living in another city at the time so I was contacted for second interview over the phone. Had to complete presentation of my own choosing. Typical job related questions post presentation.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position specifically?   1 Answer

Associate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Convergys (Wichita, KS).

Interview

I was already an employee and management is usually hired from within. I was required to give a 15 minute presentation about anything I wanted, as long as I was teaching something. Then there was a 15 min question/answer interview portion. There could be a couple of different ways the interview/presentation is done, as a one-on-one or with a panel of people, dependent on availability

Interview Questions

• The questions were very standard to any other interview I have been in   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my salary based on the base pay I was making at the time of the offer. I do, however, know others that were not able to negotiate based on the same. The others were promoted several years after I was.