Giant Eagle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Giant Eagle Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2018

2.1

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

I applied online. The manager called me for a brief phone interview and asked me to come in for a second in-person interview. They offered me the position right away and I got a follow-up call from HR soon after.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to do something you didn't want to do.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about how you handled an uncomfortable conversation with a customer.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Louisville, OH) in December 2017.

Interview

Interview process was easy. The first hiring manager was very nice and informative. The second interview was with the actual pharmacist. She was very nice, helpful, had a good repore with her. Amanda was very helpful in her information, very friendly every time I talked to her. The process was very smooth. The thing that took the longest was the background check.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to the store?   1 Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied. Next day received invite to interview. The next week I had a phone interview. Then a few days later an in person interview with the Pharmacy Manager. Both people I interviewed with were pleasant. The process was simple.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all what would you do or tell me about a time when?   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Columbus, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

I attended an open interview event. I was asked to sign in, then the recruiter walked me to her office where she asked me standard pre-employment questions like, "What is your availability?", "What position interests you?", "Have you ever been convicted of a felony?", "Do you consent to a background check and drug testing?".

Afterwards she left to get the supervisor for the overnight stock team and she asked me about 6 situational questions ("Tell me about a time when..."). They were incredibly easy. We talked about the position, hours I would be available and starting pay. Overall it was a good experience for me.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when you had a conflict between you and a coworker?

How would your past employers describe your personality?

Can you tell me about a time when you provided great customer service?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Twinsburg, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Twinsburg, OH).

Interview

I got an email from a recruiter to set up a interview. I went to the interview and it was with another store's 'co manager'. She asked me a ton of your usual interview questions. Unfortunately it was more like a drill session rather then a interview. It didn't feel like a conversation and the woman doing my interview had terrible eye contact. The interview lasted an hour. She told me "she thinks that HR will be in contact with me in the next few days". After a week of not hearing something, I emailed the recruiter. She said they had a few more interviews and we would be in contact.That was 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

I met with a store manager. It lasted about an hour. I took a tour of the facility. Met a couple of other managers. Learned about the daily routines an procedures.

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Somerset, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a long process. It took about a month from application to offer. The questions were fairly simple and the hiring manager was very easygoing and easy to talk to.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online since I have a decade of retail/customer service experience. On the phone interview, the recruiter said that I would be overqualified for the job and that he will send me additional positions in my area. He did not follow up and dodged my calls/voice mails. I ended up taking an offer at a rival company because they gave me the respect I deserve.

Interview Questions

• Just general questions about what would I do in the case of this obscure situation that will most likely never happen .   Answer Question

Corporate & Leadership Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Bedford, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

Interviewed over phone with Recruiting manager. Had an in person with two recruiting managers in the Bedford location. Reviewed my recruiting processes and my successes. The recruiting managers were very pleasant.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ravenna, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Ravenna, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Took about three days from submitting an application to receiving an offer. Preliminary phone interview followed by an in-person interview with the department team leader. Process was short, sweet, and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• A coworker asks you to do a task for them that you really do not want to do. How do you respond?   1 Answer