Giant Eagle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sign Up for FREE in seconds to unlock millions of salaries and reviews

Giant Eagle Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2018

2.1

1. Featured Interview

Pharmacy Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Louisville, OH) in December 2017.

Interview

Interview process was easy. The first hiring manager was very nice and informative. The second interview was with the actual pharmacist. She was very nice, helpful, had a good repore with her. Amanda was very helpful in her information, very friendly every time I talked to her. The process was very smooth. The thing that took the longest was the background check.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to the store?   1 Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Mifflin, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (West Mifflin, PA) in April 2018.

Interview

Was greeted and taken back to interview room. Filled out an availability sheet and then proceeded to answer questions the pharmacist had. Giant Eagle has prewritten questions that need to be asked. Questions were not very clear, and to be honest don't define your work ability and are some really don't make sense. Please consider revising these questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time everyone else caught on to something and you didn't.   1 Answer

Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

Was offered an interview after submitting my resume through a college career fair. Met with the owner, who was rude and condescending. Told me that programming was a "young-man's" game and instead pushed me into sales.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know why I wasn't at all interested in sales.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

Very short - summer position interview. Online set up and then a phone interview. Came into the office. Turned away since I wasn't going to be a full-time hire. Seems like a decent job set up otherwise....not good for short term.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

The process started with a phone interview. Very generic interview questions. After you passed this, there was a face to face interview. During this process, more specific questions were asked about yourself and questions about the job you would be doing.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Situational style questions: If you saw a child hanging out of the cart, what would you do?   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Rochester, PA) in January 2018.

Interview

I had to meet with the manager,at the store,to answer some personal questions for the job. I was hired on the spot at Big Lots. I didn't take the job,however,due to the shortened hours.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

I applied online. The manager called me for a brief phone interview and asked me to come in for a second in-person interview. They offered me the position right away and I got a follow-up call from HR soon after.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to do something you didn't want to do.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about how you handled an uncomfortable conversation with a customer.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied. Next day received invite to interview. The next week I had a phone interview. Then a few days later an in person interview with the Pharmacy Manager. Both people I interviewed with were pleasant. The process was simple.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all what would you do or tell me about a time when?   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Columbus, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

I attended an open interview event. I was asked to sign in, then the recruiter walked me to her office where she asked me standard pre-employment questions like, "What is your availability?", "What position interests you?", "Have you ever been convicted of a felony?", "Do you consent to a background check and drug testing?".

Afterwards she left to get the supervisor for the overnight stock team and she asked me about 6 situational questions ("Tell me about a time when..."). They were incredibly easy. We talked about the position, hours I would be available and starting pay. Overall it was a good experience for me.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when you had a conflict between you and a coworker?

How would your past employers describe your personality?

Can you tell me about a time when you provided great customer service?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Twinsburg, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Twinsburg, OH).

Interview

I got an email from a recruiter to set up a interview. I went to the interview and it was with another store's 'co manager'. She asked me a ton of your usual interview questions. Unfortunately it was more like a drill session rather then a interview. It didn't feel like a conversation and the woman doing my interview had terrible eye contact. The interview lasted an hour. She told me "she thinks that HR will be in contact with me in the next few days". After a week of not hearing something, I emailed the recruiter. She said they had a few more interviews and we would be in contact.That was 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything.