Giant Eagle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Grocery Stock Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hilliard, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Hilliard, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

If you apply online, you'll receive a call within a day or two to schedule a 1 on 1 interview. The whole interview is very relaxed and not much worry is involved with the process. Several questions involving the infamous "what would you do?" will be asked which you will have to answer on-the-fly. The questions aren't hard to answer at all, unless you're struggling with interpersonal skills.

Interview Questions

• If you see a child riding on an un-safe area (any part of the seat) of a shopping cart, what would you do? How would you behave?   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

After a recruiter telephone interview as well as a hiring manager telephone interview for a position at their corporate office in mid-July, 2014, it took a month to get a face-to-face interview scheduled - two weeks from that! Then, it was cancelled and rescheduled; then, a call was received to reschedule the same cancelled interview. Then, I never received the email to confirm the last rescheduled interview as promised. It was a nightmare to contact someone by telephone today to cancel the interview (tomorrow) - I accepted another job offer as I could not wait any longer for Giant Eagle. Way too many red flags. And the person who took my call never even apologized on behalf of the company. if this is any indication of how they treat their employees ------

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Asked questions during one of their "hiring events". They send you something via email and you fill out the papers online before you go to the event. Then you go, talk to one of the interviewers and they do or do not offer you a job right then and there. Then you get a start date and the first day, you spend in front of a lap top taking the training.

Interview Questions

Interview

It took about a month in all. 2 interviews and a math test. Lengthy but good process. Met in a store I would not work at with a leader I would not work for. Also I was never told where I will work.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

A very basic interview guide, followed by a store walk with the District leader and another Senior Store Leader. Tips for success, notice the little things, like people not being greeted during the interview and whether the hothold is full

Interview Questions

• When was a time you didn't get along with a coworker and how did you get over it?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Columbus, OH) in December 2018.

Interview

Hour long phone interview, hour long in-person interview, 3 hour assessment, 30 minute phone interview.

After going through all that, I never heard from them. They didn't respond to emails, and didn't return phone calls. Completely ghosted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work harder than you ever have before   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hartville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Hartville, OH).

Interview

Hiring process went fairly quickly between initial application and being hired. Interview was personable in a quiet office, typical questions were asked. (such as naming a weakness, naming a time I overcame a stressful situation, what to do if a customer were being rude to me, etc...). After the whole interview process I was asked if I'd like to come back in the next day to preform a (saliva) drug test and if I were to do well on the test, I would get hired. I passed and was hired. I started roughly 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What do you not like about your current job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Dublin, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

It was very relaxing and laid back. We just had a chat and just general discussion. She was very nice and later I meet the Hiring Manager. Overall very positive experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Asked general questions regarding background and previous positions held. Over all, an easy interview with manager and 2nd in charge of store. Toured the building and met several of the individuals that were employed there.

Stock Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle in December 2011.

Interview

There were 3 total interviews: The first was a group interview with a large amount of people, the second was a smaller group interview with fewer people, and the last was a very small group of people that they would end up hiring.

Anonymous Employee in Slippery Rock, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Slippery Rock, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

Easy interview, just want friendly hard working people. It's a smaller store and they do not get a lot of good workers so you just have to show you will treat costumer service in a high regard.