Giant Eagle Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 395 of over 395 interviews

2.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Giant Eagle

Giant Eagle

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle

Interview

Had multiple rounds of interviews, recruiter told me explicitly both verbally and in writing that I was 100% the chosen candidate and had the job. After a week of no written offer (but multiple promises of it’s arrival) they entirely ghosted me with no explanations. Beyond rude, disrespectful, and inconsiderate.

Interview Questions
  • Experience and background, as well as strategy and social questions
    1 Answer

Giant Eagle

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle

Interview

there was an initial screening phone call with recruiter, then an interview with the department manager. There were behavioral questions only as the position wasn't a technical one, so the questions weren't very unexpected.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Giant Eagle

Application

I interviewed at Giant Eagle

Interview

Pretty informal interview process. Met with the pharmacy manager and briefly went over my resume. Typical interview questions, like give me a time you handled conflict. Was basically hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Giant Eagle

Application

I interviewed at Giant Eagle

Interview

Sit down 1 on 1 with the manager, straight forward conversation about past experience and why I’m interested in the role - very easy line of questioning and laid back experience overall

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Giant Eagle

Application

I interviewed at Giant Eagle

Interview

A Normal interview process with manager. Seemed like they would take anyone. Don't know why this position is different than cashier stock or other departments. This was years ago so not sure what it is like now

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Giant Eagle

Application

I interviewed at Giant Eagle

Interview

After applying online, the first round of the interview was via phone and the second round was in person. It was overall an easy and smooth experience, especially for a high schooler applying for their first job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Giant Eagle

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle

Interview

There were multiple rounds, including an externally administered test that was a strengths based test. The people I met with were all nice and it was an overall good experience.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked a lot about past work experience in the subject matter and industry.

Giant Eagle

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle in Apr 2022

Interview

1) Fill out an application on their site, which was redirected from Indeed. 2) Got a call to set up a one and half hour interview with a supervisor. This is standard apparently, 1.5 hours for an hourly position is new to me. 3) Participated in a long video interview.

Interview Questions
  • There were only a few questions, and they were all after lengthy instances of being told how crappy phone CS work can be (paraphrasing), and being told all their requirements. The questions were just "Are you OK with this" sort of questions. 1) They require 100% availability. You find out Wednesday what your shifts are the following week. You can make no requests for these and they're rotating. I was told they can be morning, split, evening, just anything goes and zero consistency. There's rotating weekends, too. 2) If you need a day free for an appt. you can request it, but that's 30 days in advance, and she was very clear to say that it's just a request and there's no guarantees. 3) Everyone is required to do overtime, and there's been OT for two years straight, so it's just a constant. They automatically put your OT into your schedule you get. She said that it has been ranging from 2 on the low end to 8 on the high end, and for that, at least you can request lots of it if you want it, but you can't opt out. 4) This was early April. They were hiring 5 people, but since the process started, they lost more CSR's so they may hire more. 5) They require you to have the fastest internet, and a laptop, and cannot be a primary caregiver to anyone at home (since the rotating shift, how could anyone ever plan for daycare, etc.?). You also have to have reliable transportation because if your power went out or internet went out, you were required to leave your home to go to your closes Giant Eagle to sit there somewhere to work. Yes, for real. Zero providing of the computer/reimbursement for high speed, etc. 6) Pay was $16 per hour. 7) They very actively watch your performance and you get (I think) weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on your productivity. So, they twist the screws on the lowest level employees. 8) You are expected to give above and beyond service, BUT also, to enter data and to type during the call, never after the call, so you're ready immediately for the next call. This means, by necessity, you're NOT giving your full attention to customers, so aren't providing good service, but it's all part of the propaganda machine, I suppose.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA)

Interview

The interview was over the phone. I submitted an online application. I got a link to do a video interview. I then got an email to do a phone interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA)

Interview

Applied for a customer intelligence internship this summer. They asked personality questions plus some technical questions. Interviewers were nice. Did not hear back for about a month. Would recommend applying to this company again.

Interview Questions
  • What is the biggest difficulty you had to overcome?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 395 Interviews

Giant Eagle Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Giant Eagle as 64.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.12 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Front End Cashier and Pharmacy Technician rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Cashier and Stock Clerk roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Giant Eagle takes an average of 15 days when considering 417 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Cashier had the quickest hiring process (on average 7 days), whereas Pharmacy Technician roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 11 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Giant Eagle according to 417 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 23.30%