Giant Eagle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

1. Featured Interview

Grocery Stock Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hilliard, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Hilliard, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

If you apply online, you'll receive a call within a day or two to schedule a 1 on 1 interview. The whole interview is very relaxed and not much worry is involved with the process. Several questions involving the infamous "what would you do?" will be asked which you will have to answer on-the-fly. The questions aren't hard to answer at all, unless you're struggling with interpersonal skills.

Interview Questions

• If you see a child riding on an un-safe area (any part of the seat) of a shopping cart, what would you do? How would you behave?   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

After a recruiter telephone interview as well as a hiring manager telephone interview for a position at their corporate office in mid-July, 2014, it took a month to get a face-to-face interview scheduled - two weeks from that! Then, it was cancelled and rescheduled; then, a call was received to reschedule the same cancelled interview. Then, I never received the email to confirm the last rescheduled interview as promised. It was a nightmare to contact someone by telephone today to cancel the interview (tomorrow) - I accepted another job offer as I could not wait any longer for Giant Eagle. Way too many red flags. And the person who took my call never even apologized on behalf of the company. if this is any indication of how they treat their employees ------

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Asked questions during one of their "hiring events". They send you something via email and you fill out the papers online before you go to the event. Then you go, talk to one of the interviewers and they do or do not offer you a job right then and there. Then you get a start date and the first day, you spend in front of a lap top taking the training.

Interview Questions

Interview

It took about a month in all. 2 interviews and a math test. Lengthy but good process. Met in a store I would not work at with a leader I would not work for. Also I was never told where I will work.

Anonymous Employee in Hartville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Hartville, OH).

Interview

Hiring process went fairly quickly between initial application and being hired. Interview was personable in a quiet office, typical questions were asked. (such as naming a weakness, naming a time I overcame a stressful situation, what to do if a customer were being rude to me, etc...). After the whole interview process I was asked if I'd like to come back in the next day to preform a (saliva) drug test and if I were to do well on the test, I would get hired. I passed and was hired. I started roughly 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What do you not like about your current job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Dublin, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

It was very relaxing and laid back. We just had a chat and just general discussion. She was very nice and later I meet the Hiring Manager. Overall very positive experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Asked general questions regarding background and previous positions held. Over all, an easy interview with manager and 2nd in charge of store. Toured the building and met several of the individuals that were employed there.

Stock Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle in December 2011.

Interview

There were 3 total interviews: The first was a group interview with a large amount of people, the second was a smaller group interview with fewer people, and the last was a very small group of people that they would end up hiring.

Anonymous Employee in Slippery Rock, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Slippery Rock, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

Easy interview, just want friendly hard working people. It's a smaller store and they do not get a lot of good workers so you just have to show you will treat costumer service in a high regard.

Stock Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

Very laid back interview. Great position if you're looking for your first job. Very flexible around your schedule. Be prepared to work some weekends though. Must be hard working and self motivated and must be able to work with the public as you get many different people in the store.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to provide excellent customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2011.

Interview

I was called for a phone interview the day I applied and proceeded to schedule an in-person interview the next day. It was a very simple interview, they asked me about my ability to balance work and school commitments, along with my personal life, and I'd shown the ability to have done so in high school.

Interview Questions

• They asked about company loyalty.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, they offered a pay rate and I could either accept or decline. I chose to accept because I badly needed a part-time job at the time.