Hyatt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hyatt Interview Questions

Updated Nov 13, 2017

2.4

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

It was easy interview process. The management was very friendly, staff was nice as well. I had two interviews and was hired after the second interview. It was not complicated

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Interview was very easy. All of it was just talking about getting to know each other. They are very friendly and love their people. Very nice people. and depending on the time of day you may get lunch

Design Team Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

I applied online, a day later HR person contacted me as I was a perfect fit for the role. Their team then booked a phone interview with a hiring manager (VP level). The interview went well the HR person told me, as they wanted to fly me in for a live interview. They are a little disorganized as I haven't heard back from anyone for over a week. I then emailed them to ask as I had to plan beforehand if I were to travel there. They did respond and booked the trip.

I finally met the hiring manager in their HQ. I could sense the person immediately did not like me for who-knows-what reason, and that set the tone. They also suddenly brought in 2 other people to interview me at same time, when before they told me it would be only hiring manager. Couldn't they tell me who would be interviewing me as I could prepare better?

Lots of gotcha questions proceeded, about things the hiring manager knew well before my first interview, that had nothing to do with my skills or capacities. Lame to say the least. Why bother to bring me someone in for an interview if you're going to try to undermine them? I felt disrespected and badly treated and as if they didn't want to know what my real strong skills or personality were. I'd expect more from such a large company (I have worked in many large companies and never felt this way).

Interview Questions

• Why were you for 1-2 years in your 2 last jobs? (well duh, in my city that's how it goes, fast pace, unlike your smallish town) - weird, given that they already knew it by my resume and interview and not a question that could make them see my skills and what I'm about. Silly questions over and over... Such a waste of my time. I didn't believe when the person told me NOT to write things down... treating me like a child and not the senior position I was interviewing for. They clearly don't know how to evaluate people and have a pre notion of how the person should be like personality-wise. You can tell why their design is a little passé. They def need a little shake up in that team.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

It went really well. All pretty straight forward simple questions. Nothing was tricky. I would definitely recommend a hyatt internship if you want to see what the hotel is all about. I did rotational so I had a little bit of every department experience.

PBX Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and the entire process took about two to three weeks. I had an initial phone screen/interview with HR. They explained the position and pay, and asked general questions.

A few days later, I had an in person interview with the supervisor and manager of the department. The interview was pleasant and conversational. It felt as though they were trying to get to know me more as a person instead of asking situational questions.

After a week, HR called to offer me the role. The background check came back within two days, and they called me quickly thereafter to tell me my start date the following week.

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hyatt (Rochester, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Quick, informative. Asked a lot of questions about the personal life, also was interested in things I did at monroe cc because they have a culinary program there. Was in a public area with guests around so it made you feel comfortable and not as much pressure. Felt more like a meeting with you causal interview questions here or there.

Gallery Host Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

I applied online and received a call for an interview within a few days of submitting it. After notifying the front desk I was there, the manager had me wait in the lobby for 10-15 minutes (she was late). She then led me to a conference room for the interview. The process itself was extremely long and lasted about 45 minutes to an hour, much longer than I anticipated for the desired position. The interviewer was kind, but relentless with her questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized?   Answer Question
    • If you saw an employee breaking the rules, would you tell a supervisor?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle stress?   Answer Question
    • Say you are at the front desk with a long line of check-ins, an angry guest at the front of the line, and the phone is ringing. How would you handle this situation?   Answer Question
    • Why did you want this job?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave your last job?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Irvine, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

1 interview with HR, then another interview with GM. Great people, make me feel comfortable and welcomed throughout the process. They want to see if you have the right spirit & passion for hospitality

In-Room Dining Coordinator/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the Food and Beverage manager about two weeks later. He asked basic questions over the phone--why Hyatt, what my experience was--and then invited me to an in-person interview later that week. I went, talked to him, and he asked if I could stay for a second interview with the Operations Director and someone from HR. I said yes and met with them, who gave me more info about the position/hotel. I was then contacted by a recruiter the next day offering me the position. I ended up declining the offer because after the very informative conversations, I realized it wasn't what I wanted to do. My decision to decline had nothing to do with the quality of the brand nor the people I met with, whom were fantastic.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Hyatt?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • How would you make things right with an upset guest without giving them anything for free?   2 Answers
    • How do you handle working with people with all kinda of personalities?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Simple application followed by a panel and interviews by managers. Also have various questions in written form like personality test. Will have to pass background checks and drug test. you will meet with department heads and HR

Interview Questions

• What qualifies you to serve our guest, what kind of experience do you have. How would you handle troubled guest.   Answer Question