Hyatt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hyatt Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.4

Gallery Host Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

I applied online and received a call for an interview within a few days of submitting it. After notifying the front desk I was there, the manager had me wait in the lobby for 10-15 minutes (she was late). She then led me to a conference room for the interview. The process itself was extremely long and lasted about 45 minutes to an hour, much longer than I anticipated for the desired position. The interviewer was kind, but relentless with her questions.

In-Room Dining Coordinator/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the Food and Beverage manager about two weeks later. He asked basic questions over the phone--why Hyatt, what my experience was--and then invited me to an in-person interview later that week. I went, talked to him, and he asked if I could stay for a second interview with the Operations Director and someone from HR. I said yes and met with them, who gave me more info about the position/hotel. I was then contacted by a recruiter the next day offering me the position. I ended up declining the offer because after the very informative conversations, I realized it wasn't what I wanted to do. My decision to decline had nothing to do with the quality of the brand nor the people I met with, whom were fantastic.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Hyatt?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • How would you make things right with an upset guest without giving them anything for free?   2 Answers
    • How do you handle working with people with all kinda of personalities?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Irvine, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

1 interview with HR, then another interview with GM. Great people, make me feel comfortable and welcomed throughout the process. They want to see if you have the right spirit & passion for hospitality

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Simple application followed by a panel and interviews by managers. Also have various questions in written form like personality test. Will have to pass background checks and drug test. you will meet with department heads and HR

Interview Questions

• What qualifies you to serve our guest, what kind of experience do you have. How would you handle troubled guest.   Answer Question

Gallery Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Quick an easy. Barely was given an interview she mostly spoke of the position an I agreed to working it. Then the next day my background came in. I worked on the the 3 rd day from interview.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Washington, DC).

Interview

Very easy flowing, allowed for me to describe my previous job experience. There was first a brief phone interview, and an in-person interview where you talk to two managers.

Interview Questions

• What made you decide on working in the Hospitality industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hyatt (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

I once interviewed with a Hyatt Regency and nearly got the job but got turned down solely on my availability at the time. The HR coordinator explicitly called me and left a voicemail to reach out to her for future opportunities and she's interested in me but stopped working at Hyatt soon later and I saw all my future job applications to the hotel automatically shut down. No call backs when I was far beyond required skills. I think their job app. program automatically blocked me based off one turn-down from a job. Eventually I went to a Hyatt job fair for a new hotel they opened in my hometown and got a job offer a few weeks after.

Interview Questions

• How did you previously deal with stress and employee disagreements in the workplace?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any foreign language skills?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant to Sales/Catering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Cambridge, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

Very easy. Started with phone call from Dirextor of Sales looking for some background info. Then skype with Director of Sales and Assistsnt Director of Events. Basic questions: why do you want to work here? Open availability? The standard.

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint George, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Saint George, UT) in August 2017.

Interview

After the interview and few Emails I was thinking i get the just job. Then i have heard nothing for two weeks. I send a new email what's going on. I get a no reply mail we took a other person.

Interview Questions

• Why you would have this job as breakfast cook, with your experience your over qualifycated   1 Answer

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Portland, OR) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was given the option to take an online assessment. After the assessment was contacted by the GM for a face to face interview. Interview lasted over 2 hours meeting with GM and all department heads. Was called and had another meeting a week later and was offered to position. I accepted and was given a background check before being extended an offer letter. Was a good experience but was not expecting the first stage to last so long.

Interview Questions

• Why are you not pursing movement upwards in your own company?   Answer Question