Hyatt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2018

2.4

Housekeeping Manager Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2018.

Interview

GM very kind and understanding plus very thorough about position
    Explained in details the duties and responsibilities
    Discussed pay and expectations
    Days I can work and can't work
    Time of housekeepers
    Goals for department

CMT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Online application, FaceTime interview then offer. I waited about 3 weeks after applying before a recruiter reached out. You have a better chance if you are flexible on the location. Some relo offered if you live more than 50 miles from where you are placed.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Dallas, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

It was a great set up, got to meet the whole team and actually had a conversation with the hiring manager. Most of their questions centers on them understanding what I have done in the military and how it would relate to the role they needed

Interview Questions

• Tell me if a situation where you had to do something that was not so pleasant and how you handled it   Answer Question
    • Why does the military move you so often?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

It was easy interview process. The management was very friendly, staff was nice as well. I had two interviews and was hired after the second interview. It was not complicated

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Interview was very easy. All of it was just talking about getting to know each other. They are very friendly and love their people. Very nice people. and depending on the time of day you may get lunch

Gallery Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint George, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (Saint George, UT) in November 2017.

Interview

The Hiring Manager was completely bias and judgmental. The interview was awkward as his body language and tone made it obvious the first two minutes he disliked me. I arrived 10 min early, clean neat Professional dressed and good hygiene.

Interview Questions

• It must be terrible to be currently working in a one star hotel, how is that going?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2017.

Interview

Three step interview process. First there was a telephone interview, followed by an interview with the DOS, followed by another interview with the Hotel GM, ADOS, DORM, and HR. After a month long process, I received a follow up call from ADOS that they extended offer to another candidate. I was told that they were impressed by the high number of applications they received from so many qualified candidates.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Hyatt? Tell me about a situation where you were creative to win business? How do you prospect for business?   Answer Question

Design Team Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

I applied online, a day later HR person contacted me as I was a perfect fit for the role. Their team then booked a phone interview with a hiring manager (VP level). The interview went well the HR person told me, as they wanted to fly me in for a live interview. They are a little disorganized as I haven't heard back from anyone for over a week. I then emailed them to ask as I had to plan beforehand if I were to travel there. They did respond and booked the trip.

I finally met the hiring manager in their HQ. I could sense the person immediately did not like me for who-knows-what reason, and that set the tone. They also suddenly brought in 2 other people to interview me at same time, when before they told me it would be only hiring manager. Couldn't they tell me who would be interviewing me as I could prepare better?

Lots of gotcha questions proceeded, about things the hiring manager knew well before my first interview, that had nothing to do with my skills or capacities. Lame to say the least. Why bother to bring me someone in for an interview if you're going to try to undermine them? I felt disrespected and badly treated and as if they didn't want to know what my real strong skills or personality were. I'd expect more from such a large company (I have worked in many large companies and never felt this way).

Interview Questions

• Why were you for 1-2 years in your 2 last jobs? (well duh, in my city that's how it goes, fast pace, unlike your smallish town) - weird, given that they already knew it by my resume and interview and not a question that could make them see my skills and what I'm about. Silly questions over and over... Such a waste of my time. I didn't believe when the person told me NOT to write things down... treating me like a child and not the senior position I was interviewing for. They clearly don't know how to evaluate people and have a pre notion of how the person should be like personality-wise. You can tell why their design is a little passé. They def need a little shake up in that team.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

It went really well. All pretty straight forward simple questions. Nothing was tricky. I would definitely recommend a hyatt internship if you want to see what the hotel is all about. I did rotational so I had a little bit of every department experience.

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hyatt (Rochester, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Quick, informative. Asked a lot of questions about the personal life, also was interested in things I did at monroe cc because they have a culinary program there. Was in a public area with guests around so it made you feel comfortable and not as much pressure. Felt more like a meeting with you causal interview questions here or there.