Hyatt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 18, 2018

2.4

Remote Home Agent Guest Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyatt (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

I applied and took a skills and personality assessment. I interviewed about a week later with a recruiter with Hyatt over the phone. The questions were basic, almost remedial. The recruiter was strange, seemingly not listening or active in the call as if she was not listening perhaps. The recruiter did not seem interested in my answers. I felt as if I was talking to myself and that she was not listening. Being in the industry 16 years, I feel I have a lot to contribute. I was even a manager/recruiter and high volum sales lead until my dad became terminal and I changed careers. I am now a remote sales and technology agent.
    You do not act like this recruiter if you are seriously hiring. Very uninvolved as if she was just checking a box.
    Interviewer assured me she would email in a few days to a week with more information. Spoke as though I got the job. Never heard back.
    Super unprofessional!

Interview Questions

• What is customer service to you?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Interview

Process was smooth and efficient. I met with a well-rounded interview team who were genuinely nice and cared about the company. The organization seems to have a strong culture and there seem to be a lot of opportunities to do great work.

Interview Questions

• What do you think some of the most progressive companies are doing in this function?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Very long process - applied in January and applied to 2 other open internship opportunities during the spring as well. Heard back about the initial internship I applied for in mid-April, had two interviews (a one-way video interview and a phone interview). Everything went so positively and seemed to be moving forward, and then followed-up after not hearing anything after being told I would within a given time frame, and it turned out they went with the other applicant. I was pretty surprised how everything was handled considering Hyatt is a leader in the hospitality industry and they were not the least bit hospitable during the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why we should hire you and why you think you would be a good fit?   1 Answer

Gallery Host Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Walked in and picked up a paper copy of the application, and got an interview as soon as I turned it in. They have a drug screening immediately after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your free time?   1 Answer

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (Phila, PA) in May 2018.

Interview

I came in and sat and waited along with a few other people who were also applying for the same position. The hiring managers, which was about 3 of them, called us one by one; 1:1 interviews. When it was my turn, I spoke with one of the hiring managers and at the end of the interview, I was asked to sit back out in the waiting room. After about 10-15 mins, I was able to speak with a second manager. When that was finished I spoke with the third manager and it all went great.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

The interview process started with me sitting down with the banquet chef, who interviewed me for the restaurant line because he had previously been the chef de cuisine and his replacement had only recently gotten there. After a very positive interview with him, I was called back to interview with the new chef de cuisine, which also went very smoothly. In both cases, they asked me the standard questions about my training and experience, as well as questions about me personally (to gauge my personality and fit on their existing team, I would imagine). They were both very friendly and comfortable to talk with.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a window full of tickets, and more were still printing off the ticket machine?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hyatt (Grapevine, TX).

Interview

I was given 3 interviews on the same day,it was very short and sweet, they were a bit vague on how I did on the interview. I was offered the job about a week later, no drug test (if you're worried), background check takes about a week. Orientation is about a couple days after background check comes back.

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (Charlotte, NC) in April 2018.

Interview

It was great. The hiring manager was professional and nice. The general manager was also very professional. I got to meet all of the staff and they were all friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• What is my best drink I make?   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Burlingame, CA).

Interview

Process took about a month but comparing to other big companies it was fast enough. The interview itself was smooth you will be interviewed by two manager who will then decide if you are fit to be interviewed by the operations manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you went above and beyond for an guest   Answer Question

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (San Diego, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Signed up online and had an interview by the next week. First I interviewed with the Sous Chef then the Executive Chef one after the other on the same day.

Interview Questions

• What are 5 mother sauces?
      How do you make a marinara sauce?
      What is the temperature danger zone?   Answer Question