Hyatt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hyatt Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.5

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Phone interview then Skype interview. Then completely met with silence. Reached out to two different HR personnel who never got back to me. This seems to be common from reading other reviews. I find this very unprofessional.

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Never got a call back or an email to see if I got the job or not. Emailed and called back but never got a response so I just assumed I didnt get the job.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hyatt (New York, NY).

Interview

It was for OCR, so they set up open interviews. We submitted our resumes before we wanted an interview, and an interviewer took 2-3 min to look over the resumes before inviting you into the interview area. It was a standard interview after which they asked you to apply to their online system to start a file.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you dealt with a difficult customer and tell me how you responded   Answer Question

Food & Beverage Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hyatt (New York, NY).

Interview

I received a call asking me to apply and the process was very very quick and easy. Had to do a could of paperwork online and I was able to start right away.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crystal City, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyatt (Crystal City, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very easy and fast. Background check done in a couple of days. They communicated things well and it went very smoothly. The interviews happen 1 week apart and then the background check was done in a few days.

Interview Questions

• how do I treat people that I dont know   1 Answer

Gallery Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Boca Raton, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Brief questions about why I wanted the job and to know it's not just a front desk job and that it'd be something new to try and if I wanted to give it a shot.
    Took a while to start because of the tests needed.

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Hyatt reps came to my university and recruited a lot of college students for summer. I was interviewed and then later matched to a position they though would be a good fit for me.

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (Bellevue, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

They do multiple interviews for any given position. For Night Auditor, they want you to do interviews with four different people. The first person is just an HR person, and that's over the phone. The second is the Front Desk Assistant Manager, and that is in person. I was told that I would be contacted about the next interview within a week or so, and received a denial email later that day.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with hotel key card writers (RFID)?   Answer Question

Order Taker, Phones, Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied through their company website and a couple days later I got a email saying to come to the hotel. I came in for my first interview which took about 30-35 min because I met with 2 managers at different times. It went well, they were nice and welcoming very professional and explained the job thoroughly. I was not rushed at all either. After that they said they would keep in contact regardless if I got the job or not. After four days I received another email saying to come in to fill out paperwork.

Yes they do a background check and a drug test!!!

Assistant Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Clearwater Beach, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Hiring manager reached out via email. One interview with him, and a second interview with Assistant Director of Operations. Both interviews were one on one, second was a bit more difficult than the first.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1 to 5, what is your experience with managing many people?   1 Answer