Hyatt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.5

Gallery Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was an interesting interview. The first person I met with was so nice to me. They asked me about my education history and why I wanted to work there. He also asked me if I had a license to drive only because occasional drive guest in the transport van. The second lady met with was so sweet, she showed me the uniform and told me if I got the job she would be my direct manager. The final one I met with was the GM, he was very hyper active but nice about it. They asked me how much I could way and if I had issues working overnight and if I had issues driving guests around, it lasted about an hour and half

Interview Questions

• How much I could lift, how much I was making now, If I could drive, if I new how to make general cocktails, and if I could do an overnight once a week   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

I met with a recruiter at an on campus career fair. I was contacted for an interview, on campus the following day. I met with the same recruiter who interviewed me. A lot of the questions aren't typical interview questions, it feels like a conversation--but she still got the information she needed about you and who you are.

Sales Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Pretty basic interview with questions that determine if you really want to be within the sales field. They do not want to waste time on people, they want to help you grow! The interview was much like a casual chat. I first got a phone screening interview then scheduled for an in person interview, I met with 2 managers and 2 works (who you would be working along side with), I went back in 3 days later to meet with the director.

Assistant Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

The interview process was very professional. I first met with the other Assistant Manager, then I met with the F&B director the next morning. I finally closed out the interviews with the restaurant GM

Interview Questions

• What Drives me in a managerial role   1 Answer

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Phone interview then Skype interview. Then completely met with silence. Reached out to two different HR personnel who never got back to me. This seems to be common from reading other reviews. I find this very unprofessional.

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Never got a call back or an email to see if I got the job or not. Emailed and called back but never got a response so I just assumed I didnt get the job.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hyatt (New York, NY).

Interview

It was for OCR, so they set up open interviews. We submitted our resumes before we wanted an interview, and an interviewer took 2-3 min to look over the resumes before inviting you into the interview area. It was a standard interview after which they asked you to apply to their online system to start a file.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you dealt with a difficult customer and tell me how you responded   Answer Question

Food & Beverage Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hyatt (New York, NY).

Interview

I received a call asking me to apply and the process was very very quick and easy. Had to do a could of paperwork online and I was able to start right away.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crystal City, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyatt (Crystal City, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very easy and fast. Background check done in a couple of days. They communicated things well and it went very smoothly. The interviews happen 1 week apart and then the background check was done in a few days.

Interview Questions

• how do I treat people that I dont know   1 Answer

Gallery Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Boca Raton, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Brief questions about why I wanted the job and to know it's not just a front desk job and that it'd be something new to try and if I wanted to give it a shot.
    Took a while to start because of the tests needed.