Hyatt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hyatt Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Washington, DC).

Interview

Very easy flowing, allowed for me to describe my previous job experience. There was first a brief phone interview, and an in-person interview where you talk to two managers.

Interview Questions

• What made you decide on working in the Hospitality industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hyatt (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

I once interviewed with a Hyatt Regency and nearly got the job but got turned down solely on my availability at the time. The HR coordinator explicitly called me and left a voicemail to reach out to her for future opportunities and she's interested in me but stopped working at Hyatt soon later and I saw all my future job applications to the hotel automatically shut down. No call backs when I was far beyond required skills. I think their job app. program automatically blocked me based off one turn-down from a job. Eventually I went to a Hyatt job fair for a new hotel they opened in my hometown and got a job offer a few weeks after.

Interview Questions

• How did you previously deal with stress and employee disagreements in the workplace?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any foreign language skills?   Answer Question

Assistant Outlets Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview was a day long and I've been interviewed by everyone involved in the hiring process from Human Resources to the general manager of the hotel. Very professional and welcoming environment.

L&D Specialist Interview

Interview

Completed a phone screen. Was told there would be next steps and followup. Never heard back.

Interviewed by a would-be peer instead of a recruiter or supervisor. Experience felt unprofessional.

Night Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

I Went in for 2 interviews. The Second consisted of speaking with 3 different people. During the interviews everyone really seemed to talk about how much they love Hyatt. Read up on Hyatt !

Interview Questions

• Name 3 of your best qualities.   1 Answer

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

The interview was pretty straightforward, they went through my resume and availability. Asked about previous experience and why hospitality was something I was interested in and went into further questioning about my opinion on hospitality, what do I value most in my work atmosphere, etc,

Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Blacksburg, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

Owner of the property interviewed me because he has a background in marketing. Two GMs were supposed to attend but didn't. There were few behavioral-type questions, more practical questions/discussion such as "tell me about your qualifications."

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you would do starting out in this position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with Hyatt Regency in Milwaukee. The interview was very laid back and the questions were not all that difficult. If you prepare, you should be good. The interview was done in stages. I first met with the office manager. She passed me on to someone else who then passed me off to HR who then decided that I should meet the general manager. I did a lot of sitting and waiting and all together I was there for about two hours. I had thought that the interview was going great. The general manager told me that if you get to him, the decision is basically almost made. I was told that they pride themselves on making decisions fast and I would hear regardless. This was 8 days ago. I never heard anything since.
    I was very excited about the job but was unfortunately planning on declining due to the nonnegotiable hourly pay ($10.25/hr). But I'm still disappointed that they did not follow through and just left me hanging.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

I applied online and received an email for a follow-up assessment. Once that was completed, I received a phone call to schedule an interview not much soon after. I spoke with an extremely nice man who explained the job and asked me some clarifying questions as he went along such as "does this sound like something you'd be interested in doing" etc, After that he went over my resume with me, asked questions about my work experience, and asked why I wanted to work for Hyatt. We spent the next 15 minutes answering questions that I had. The whole interview in total lasted a little under 30 minutes. Right after, I got an email about paperwork (which I believe he sent too early but was my biggest clue I had gotten the job). About 2.5 weeks later I got a phone call saying they pushed back the training date and offered me the position.

My advice: do your research on the company! This way you are prepared with questions for the interviewer. Also, pay attention when they are speaking!! My interviewer mentioned key points that I picked up on and was able to ask questions about later. I'm now in training and love every minute of it :D

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Interview with HHRR at the lobby. Wasn't invited to an office or kitchen at least to see it. Then In the same place (lobby) with the Chef. Even when he show interest never invited me to the kitchen.

Interview Questions

• I can't believe that still, in 2017, interviewers ask the same stupid question. How do yo see yourself in 5 year.? Well, older. I'm 52. Please!. Don't make stupid question that only lead to two answers. One is bad and the other one worst. One is " in your possition" that's going to make you feel afraid and the other one is "running my own business, that going to make you feel that I'm going to leave you any moment. Please!   1 Answer