Hyatt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 22, 2018

2.4

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

The interview process started with me sitting down with the banquet chef, who interviewed me for the restaurant line because he had previously been the chef de cuisine and his replacement had only recently gotten there. After a very positive interview with him, I was called back to interview with the new chef de cuisine, which also went very smoothly. In both cases, they asked me the standard questions about my training and experience, as well as questions about me personally (to gauge my personality and fit on their existing team, I would imagine). They were both very friendly and comfortable to talk with.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a window full of tickets, and more were still printing off the ticket machine?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hyatt (Grapevine, TX).

Interview

I was given 3 interviews on the same day,it was very short and sweet, they were a bit vague on how I did on the interview. I was offered the job about a week later, no drug test (if you're worried), background check takes about a week. Orientation is about a couple days after background check comes back.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Burlingame, CA).

Interview

Process took about a month but comparing to other big companies it was fast enough. The interview itself was smooth you will be interviewed by two manager who will then decide if you are fit to be interviewed by the operations manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you went above and beyond for an guest   Answer Question

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (San Diego, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Signed up online and had an interview by the next week. First I interviewed with the Sous Chef then the Executive Chef one after the other on the same day.

Interview Questions

• What are 5 mother sauces?
      How do you make a marinara sauce?
      What is the temperature danger zone?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Seattle, WA) in March 2018.

Interview

2 interviews within same week, 3rd interview scheduled following week. It was a good experience. I met with 2 HR people for the first interview and they told me I would hear back early part of the following week. They actually called within an hour and a half to schedule the next interview with the managing director. This was scheduled 2 days later. Had to answer no below since I haven’t had the final interview yet but I expect an offer

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you overcame and how   1 Answer

Housekeeping Manager Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2018.

Interview

GM very kind and understanding plus very thorough about position
    Explained in details the duties and responsibilities
    Discussed pay and expectations
    Days I can work and can't work
    Time of housekeepers
    Goals for department

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hyatt (Chicago, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple and laid back. I talked to the recruiter at my college career fair and was contacted a few days later by an HR person to set up an interview. It was supposed to be a Skype interview but they had a problem accessing Skype so it turned into 2 phone interviews with 2 different people back to back.

CMT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Online application, FaceTime interview then offer. I waited about 3 weeks after applying before a recruiter reached out. You have a better chance if you are flexible on the location. Some relo offered if you live more than 50 miles from where you are placed.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Dallas, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

It was a great set up, got to meet the whole team and actually had a conversation with the hiring manager. Most of their questions centers on them understanding what I have done in the military and how it would relate to the role they needed

Interview Questions

• Tell me if a situation where you had to do something that was not so pleasant and how you handled it   Answer Question
    • Why does the military move you so often?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

It was easy interview process. The management was very friendly, staff was nice as well. I had two interviews and was hired after the second interview. It was not complicated