Hyatt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hyatt Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2018

2.4

Assistant Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

The interview process was very professional. I first met with the other Assistant Manager, then I met with the F&B director the next morning. I finally closed out the interviews with the restaurant GM

Interview Questions

• What Drives me in a managerial role   1 Answer

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Phone interview then Skype interview. Then completely met with silence. Reached out to two different HR personnel who never got back to me. This seems to be common from reading other reviews. I find this very unprofessional.

SPA Concierge Interview

Interview

they asked pretty basic questions and used the STAR criteria. I interviewed with a very friendly HR associate and she was an alum of where I go to school so it was very easy to relate to her. Good experience overall, and not at all intimidating.

Steward Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Washington, DC) in September 2012.

Interview

From the moment I was contacted to come in for my first interview, I realized that this was a different level of quality and service than I was used to. My interview was less anxious than anticipated and thoroughly satisfying after hearing that o was shifted to the next step. The interviewer was thorough for good reason. And I especially appreciate the communication put forth on his part in keeping me updated.

Interview Questions

• There was an incident o had wanted to keep discreet and the interviewer was courteous enough to make me aware that he was aware of the incident but reassured n
      Me that it would go no further than our conversation. That made me feel at peace.   Answer Question

Steward Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt in September 2013.

Interview

Interviewed by three different people. The first was from HR the second was a Chef the third was in the department I applied for.the HR person asked questions about myself to get to know who I was. Then it was Chef, he was very welcoming and also suggested other positions that my suit me. Thirdly was man in the department I applied for. The interview was good as well as the hiring process. They do call all the references you do list to make sure they're accurate.

Interview Questions

• Questions that were unexpected were the math questions, as well as the questions such as where do I live and how long did it take me to get to the Hyatt from my home.   Answer Question

Catering Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (San Antonio, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Degree really helps. Experience is key. They do most of the hiring from within for upper level level jobs so you need to start at the bottom to work up to the top.

Catering Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

I spoke to a woman from HR on the phone who asked me then to come in on a specified date and I ended up speaking to 5 different people.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about a time when you took up a leadership role in an unexpected position.   Answer Question

Catering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Key West, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyatt (Key West, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

Online application, phone interview, initial interview with HR Director, final interview with Director of Catering. Received job offer within 1 week after final interview.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me something about yourself that is not on your resume.
      - How will you deal with difficult clients who now have a new manager to work with?
      - Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and how was it resolved?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was little negotiation other than the start date. The salary, benefits, and job requirements were firm.

Catering Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lost Pines, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyatt (Lost Pines, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

3 step interview process - first interview was a stay-at-home web submission, followed by two face-to-face interviews (one group interview with your prospective teammates, final interview with Hotel GM). Web interview was NOT live -- 5 question interview, you were allowed two attempts per question and had the choice of submitting your preferred answer before submitting all 5 answers to HR.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember, BUT I do remember the first round web interview questions being slightly more challenging than the face-to-face interview. The questions were very creative.

Face-to-face meetings where more standard questions, "Why do you want to work here?/What do you know about us?" "What is your greatest strength/weakness" "How do you manage your day?" etc...   Answer Question

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Rochester, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

First interview was easy - had a restaurant supervisor ask the standard questions ( what do you like about serving, what shifts are you available, none too challenging). The department head came out and introduced himself to me briefly. when hired he and one other supervisor called to welcome me to the Hyatt team.

Interview Questions

• None really. I got the feeling the interviewer was new at it, didn't know what to ask. She did ask what I liked about being a server and how I handled customer complaints.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for my position, a standard hourly rate. Did accept my restrictions on the schedule (nights only, not available Wednesday)