Lockheed Martin Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lockheed Martin Engineering Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.5

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

Got a phone interview that lasted about half an hour... Basic tell me about yourself questions, the recruiter was easy to talk to. No technical questions, had me describe a time in a project where a group member was difficult to work with

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly streamlined, as I was interviewing for an entry-level job relatively late in Lockheed's hiring season. The interview consisted of one hiring event where managers from different teams reviewed your resume and interviewed you based on the affinity of your resume for their team. As such, you could interview for a position on a team that you did not apply for. Each manager had their own style of interviewing - from the typical STAR format to straight-forward questions about you as a person. The interview process was long - around 2-3 hours, depending on the number of candidates each manager had to talk to. Food and accommodations were provided, and the HR managers that set up the interview were great at welcoming candidates and engaging with them between interviews.

Interview Questions

• What type of career do you hope to have, and what do you want from that career?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Stratford, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through Society of Women Engineers. I was contacted by a recruiter for a screening interview at the conference and later brought on site for a full interview which included a tour and two interviews.

Interview Questions

• On scale of 1- 10, how are your writing skills. Tell me about yourself.... Nothing technical. Interviews were more conversational.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

I applied to Lockheed Martin online and about 2 months later finally got a call back. I talked to the engineering manager for a bit and he sent my resume over to HR afterwards. I then was asked to come in for facility tour and interview. It is an all day interview for the most part. I had 4 small interviews with different groups of people. Wasn't stressful at all, everyone was welcoming, and they were all behavioral questions and questions about my previous work experience. It takes a long time to go through the process.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

I had a phone interview for an entry level engineering position that was supposed to last 30 minutes... it ended up being about 45 minutes with my questions at the end. The manager was very nice which helped calm my nerves. Started off just by giving me a more detailed description of the job, the location, and day-to-day work that would be done. Next we went over my resume in more detail, and then I was asked a couple behavioral questions (STAR). I'm still waiting to hear back (it has been about a month).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a split second decision   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview because I was not in the area. Just spoke with HR and manager and talked about what my interests are, why I want to work at the company, one time I faced a challenge working with people, things about my resume, more details on job description, etc.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

I applied online and approached them at our career fair. I was scheduled for a "hiring event" sometime October 2015 in Fort Worth. They flew me down, rented me a car, gave us a hotel room, and reimbursed us for some expenses. If you plan your trip properly, you will have ample time to see the area if you choose.

During the morning of the event, they gave us a tour of the facility. There was also a Q/A session to learn more about the company.The actual interview consisted of basic STAR questions and questions regarding the content on your resume. Though many questions were based on leadership and your ability to work in a group. You are also given an opportunity to questions as in any good interviews.

My advise: Know your resume and be confident in your own personal/professional experiences. Practice STAR interviewing. And if you are interested/passionate about aeronautics, let it show. Overall it was a wonderful experience and I truly enjoyed being there. I received an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Why Lockheed Martin?   1 Answer
    • Concrete examples of leadership and your ability to work in a group (ex. conflict with teammates, motivating teammates, success and failures, etc.)   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Champaign, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

three interviews, one in person and two on the phone
    easy questions, just asked me about the content on my resume
    make sure you can talk about everything on your resume in-depth

Interview Questions

• Favorite classes, talk about something specific on my resume   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Telephone interview was with three people; two were respectful, one was not. The behavior of that particular one was hostile as he belittled my experience from the start. His needless combativeness and anger made me wonder whether he had devised a bias against me from the start? Gender? Who knows....but I must say that if he displayed this behavior in an interview, it must get worse on the job with him. Red flag, to say the least. I'm very disappointed in the tone of the interview, but understand that if one interviews enough, one will encounter bad behavior or downright personality disorders. One thing about small, stand-alone business units/contracts isolated from the corporate mothership is that the cultures can vary widely in those units and the importance of healthy dynamics cannot be understated. It is a risk one takes when being employed by such a small outfit, and I suspect that risk plays out in this case. Beware.

Interview Questions

• Would you review a drawing in model or paper space?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

had an On Site interview. Got a tour of the site then spoke to many managers each with a different interview. very good experience as a college student. They take very good care of their interviewees

Interview Questions

• strengths/ weaknesses. what projects have you worked on. why Lockheed   Answer Question