Find jobs for Program Manager

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

MongoDB Program Manager Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 7 of over 878 interviews

Applied online100%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

MongoDB

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB in Aug 2022

Interview

Experience with company - **BE WARNED** My recruiter did some big no-nos and is lucky I'm not someone to file a complaint, as her actions, and the fact that I never received an offer could have caused me to make a lot of legal noise... she asked me what my disability is, and also asked me what my former income was, both questions are SO illegal in the US and could be a HUGE lawsuit if I was that kind of person. She was a recruiter who hired in India, but had been helping with some recruiting efforts in the U.S. - she may not have known the laws, but that is a HUGE legal liability, and MongoDB should be fully training their Recruiters if they are going to have them dabbling in cross-country recruitment. I tried dancing around answering the disability question, thinking she would get the hint that she should not be asking nor was I comfortable answering. She did not take the hint - instead, then she proceeded to ask/drill probing questions until I finally gave in and told her my disability, which she then continued to ask more illegal questions about, probing into everything - I mean everything. SHE WOULD NOT LET ME NOT ANSWER THE QUESTION. I was actually surprised when I was put through the full interview loop as it felt like the recruiter was trying to find a way to disqualify me from the role through this questioning about my disability. I ended up going through all rounds of the interview process, and when time came to receive a decision, received NOTHING besides "we are waiting for the hiring manager's decision" emails. Aside from the recruiter, I absolutely loved the company, the interviewers, and thought this role was a slam-dunk given the in-interview feedback and value alignment. Once final rounds were completed, I sent my thank you emails, and was patient. followed up after 1 week to check in, received above mentioned email. I continued to be patient, however, another week passed. I was actively interviewing with other companies, but MongoDB was my top choice at the time, and I made this explicitly known in all of my interviews with them. Through my other interviews with other companies, I found myself expecting an offer with one of them 2 weeks after my interviews with MongoDB, so I gave MongoDB one final chance to provide me with a decision, as they were my top choice, and let them know that I was to receive another offer the next day. The recruiting coordinator said they have been trying to get a decision from the HM, and that she would check again. The following day, I had my other anticipated offer, accepted it, and emailed MongoDB to formally withdraw my application from consideration. The recruiting coordinator replied again stating that they still do not have a decision from the HM, despite their efforts, but understood and wished me luck. Interviews themselves - Somewhat easy - had one interview per week (5 total interviews including the recruiter screen) for roughly one month. Interviews were very conversational, and left me feeling comfortable taking MUCH lower pay for company values and culture. One of my interviews ended up being scheduled without seeking my availability, then rescheduled due to the interviewer not being available. Overall, the actual interviews were amazing, and I would have easily taken lower pay to join this company.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when... Describe a program that... Etc.
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MongoDB

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB in Jul 2022

Interview

The interview process was straightforward at first - meeting with the recruiter then the direct manager, but then after that I was left on read for over a week. I was finally contacted and told to "sit tight" while the team "figured it out". I waited a week, reached out to them again and have now officially been ghosted with zero responses and seeing the job being reposted on job boards. I had really high hopes and held MongoDB in high regards, but after this I will never look at them the same again. It's a shame that companies can get away with being so unprofessional these days.

Interview Questions
  • - What do you know about MongoDB? - Why do you want to work at MongoDB? Honestly, very easy and typical questions.
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about MongoDB