Nationwide Developer, IT Applications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nationwide Developer, IT Applications Interview Questions

2.2

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nationwide (Cleveland, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

hi everyone, they had visited our college in job fair and then they selected my resume for the position, couple of us who were selected were invited for the snack time right after job fair and then interview was scheduled very next day in the college itself. It was all about resume information, nothing extra.
I didn't hear from them yet.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nationwide

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nationwide (Des Moines, IA) in February 2015.

Interview

Got a Phone call from Recruiter and got scheduled for an interview with manager. The phone call was just to schedule interview. It was just a 1:1 interview with the manager for 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Few basic Questions like what was your biggest challenge at your previous employer etc ?
      Questions on Resume and previous projects?
      Any one impressive fact about nationwide you know?
      What object oriented programming languages do you know or comfortable with?
      Discussion on Agile Methodologies?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't Negotiate. Was offered a good pay.

IT Applications Development Interview

Interview

I applied online and got response with in a month(I do not remember correctly). I was asked to set up a time slot for the interview and I did it. I got interviewed by two people over the phone. The interview was mainly about discussing my resume and also they asked me various behavioral questions. The interviewer told me they will get back with in a week but it's almost three weeks and even the HR who set up the interview seems to have not heard back from those interviewers. I am still waiting hoping that they will get back to me. I feel that in a big company like these, these kinds of practices should not be encouraged because they can not keep candidates waiting for a long time after telling them that they will get back in some time.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions because most of those were behavioral questions.   Answer Question

IT Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

Applied through the Career Fair at OSU. Got the call on the same day and was scheduled for an interview on the following day. The interview was mostly informal, involved a mix of behavioural and technical questions, but nothing really too difficult. Spoke about my prior experience and how to overcome the most difficult situation faced in my professional experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a particularly difficult situation faced by you at work and how you managed to overcome it, if you did.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Intern- No negotiation.

Developer - IT Applications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

Got through College Recruitment fair. There was just one interview round on campus and it lasted close to an hour. It is good to impress them positively first with general positivity and then to demonstrate some technical abilities.The interviewers were very friendly and made you feel comfortable. The only flip side is that they take a really loooooong time to get back to you on the offer. Wish they would announce results a little sooner.

Interview Questions

• The interview was more focused on Behavior and less on tech. Tech Interview was very resume specific. Why did you use a particular technology over another for school projects. Describe one difficult experience with your previous employer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nationwide (Dublin, OH) in October 2012.

Interview

I recieved a call from an IT Applications manager and was asked to provide times that I would be available for an interview. I schedule a time that was appropriate for myself and the manager to meet. Upon arriving at the facility on the day of the interview I was taken to a conference room where I participated in a panel style interview with 4 other members of the team. I was asked behavioral and situational questions by the managers and technical questions by the developers. The behavioral and situational questions are just the generic, "What would you do in this situation" type questions. The technical questions involved writing some SQL statements and pseudo code.

Interview Questions

• I would say that some of the technical questions were the toughest for me as I did not properly prepare before the interview to answer them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation was quite extensive with a lot of back and forth between myself and the HR representative that I was assigned to. I ended up taking an offer slightly lower than I wanted due to the cost to the company to train me.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH) in May 2012.

Interview

Over the phone

Negotiation

I just accepted

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH) in May 2011.

Interview

I interviewed for an internship. The first person I interviewed with worked with the architecture department. The second person i interviewed with worked with applications development--this is where I accepted a position. Approximately two weeks later, I received a phone call from talent acquisition. I worked as a contractor and my paycheck was distributed by a company called Innosource. Innosource did a background check and a drug test.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite programming project in school?   1 Answer
    • How did you deal with people not doing their share of work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, negotiations, but the hourly rate was generous, compared to what other companies had offered, so I decided to take the job.

Developer, IT Applications Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nationwide in August 2009.

Interview

Very brief interview, asked me questions about my university experience. Gauging how bright and ambitious I was. Wanted to get an idea of how long I expected to work for the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes they gave me an opportunity to negotiate salary.