Nationwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Nationwide

2.7

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Nationwide (Mooresville, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

Short and not professional, promised advancement and training that was not provided. Overall short and too lax. Talked very inappropriate during the interview about different issues outside of the business.

Interview Questions

• What would your friends say were your biggest faults   1 Answer

Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

One phone interview followed by an in person interview. General interview questions were asked and a few scenario/sales and role play questions. Following the phone interview was the in person interview within a week or two and then an offer was made shortly after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nationwide (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2011.

Interview

VERY thorough interview with the owner of the branch, who actually was my insurance agent- lovely man. everything from "what would you do in this situation" hypatheticals to what have you done in your past that is most similair. why do you want to do this job? what makes you stand out- lasted about an hour and a half. a few days later i met with the regional director of nationwide sales. same run through with him and the branch guy. then i ha a half hour talk with the ladies in the office- more of a chat between us learning about the place. he very purposely didnt tell me about salary or $$ even though i asked- he was very vague. then he finally did at the end of the 2nd interview an dit was like 12000 and realistic numbers on commisions to total around 25k if you sold 150 polcies a year. very difficult. he kind of offered me the job an dtold me to think about it. i declined but still remain very friendly.

Interview Questions

• how have you ever tried to persuede someone to do something they didnt want to do?   3 Answers

$$

Interview

Pretty simple and straight forward and whole process was a little over a week. Initially submitted my resume and received a call from a recruiter who set up the interview. Went and interviewed with two managers of the Underwriting dept and it lasted about an hour. Received a call back within week and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• "Have you ever worked with someone who has a different learning style than you and if so how did you handle it?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nationwide (Richmond, VA).

Interview

The process consisted of one telephone interview and one in person interview. The in person interview involved 2 managers. They took turns asking questions and were very friendly. The entire process took about 30 days. Regardless of what level you start at, you are placed in a training class for at least 2 weeks. The company does a lot for employees and overall morale..

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of diversity and inclusion?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Raleigh, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

The company looks for associates that display different chacteristics. There will be situational questions that try to determine adaptability, open to diversity, decision making capabilities, etc.
    Nationwide looks to hire well rounded, positive thinking associates that can make critical decisions when necessary but also show they rely on their resources and that there is respect for those with differing opinions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you made a good decision. Also describe a time you made a bad decision. Explain the process you used in both.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nationwide (Sacramento, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Hiring process started with an email from a recruiter, a two page questionnaire was required in essay type format. Once received, recruiter scheduled a phone interview. Then a three panel interview. Waited almost two months, with no offer. Recruiter and interviewers were very professional and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you were not given much guidance and how did you react and what did you do?   1 Answer
    • How do you manage your time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nationwide (Atlanta, GA) in July 2008.

Interview

The hiring process was very simple and straight forward. It was very quick.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you have ever faced on the job and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nationwide (Dublin, OH) in January 2008.

Interview

met with manager and vp on campus, interview went well, questions were typical interview questions, then mainly just some friendly conversation about things other than work, salary was also discussed

Interview Questions

Negotiation

did not seem negotiable at the time

Commercial Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harleysville, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Harleysville, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Informative and beneficial to see how a corporation provides a work balance environment. They showed what the job would be like on a daily basis which was very helpful in the process for applying to the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in commercial underwriting?   1 Answer