Nationwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nationwide Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2017

2.8

IT Applications Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

The interview started about difficulties in working as a Team. It continued to situation handling, worst case scenarios. Asked for experience in Linux environment. A complete review of Resume, programming and scripting knowledge mentioned. Asked for any incident of doing programming for fun. Python experience and usage for any class or project. Time management as Grad Student and Hoddies.

Retirement Plan Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

Never heard from HR. Team lead requested interview for sr analyst position I applied for. Interview then moved into another position as retirement plan specialist. Interviewed consisted of 3 team leads and a team member. Confusing interview because HR and managers were never involved. Questions were immature and awkward. Withdrew from application.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you made a mistake and covered it up.   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I interviewed at Nationwide (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2017.

Interview

Was recruited at a national career fair. I was actually approached in the elevator and had a nice chat with a representative from nationwide. Met with her at the Nationwide career fair booth. She then introduce me to their recruiter and was schedule for an interview with internal audit director. Had a nice interview and then after an hour was offered a intern position with the company

Associate Underwriter Interview

Interview

Automated phone screen after application was submitted. Very difficult to convey your personality when you are basically waiting for the beep to begin recording. Asked for desired salary and I believe that weeds the most out from getting an interview regardless being negotiable.

Interview Questions

• Describe when you made a good decision and the steps you took to make this decision?   Answer Question

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Scottsdale, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job on Nationwide's website. I received an email from the recruiter to set up a phone interview. During the phone interview, the recruiter was friendly and straight forward about what she was looking for in a candidate. A few days later I received an email from a second recruiter to set up an in-office interview for the following week. For the interview I met with a supervisor and an underwriter to discuss the position. The interview lasted an hour and was very pleasant and conversational. When I left I had a very positive impression of the underwriting department at Nationwide. I received a rejection letter 2 weeks later but I know they were trying to find a person with the best skills and experience to fit the opening so I was able to take the rejection in stride. I will definitely be applying for more positions there in the future!

Interview Questions

• How did you first start working in the insurance field?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

Short and seemed as if I was being interviewed because of my race...meeting gov't quarterly quota. I didn't get the sense that there was an interest in moving along the interviewing process. My overall experience was not great...in fact it was awful and disappointing.

Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

One phone interview followed by an in person interview. General interview questions were asked and a few scenario/sales and role play questions. Following the phone interview was the in person interview within a week or two and then an offer was made shortly after.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

It was easy, everything were around the resume. They asked about my college projects and about courses I had taken in my masters. Also they asked about my previous experiences.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

the whole interview was easy and great, i feel like talking with an old friend rather than formal interview, and the interview location was just amazing, the best interview ever!

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lone Tree, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Lone Tree, CO).

Interview

I was interviewed by two people and they were both extremely friendly and easy going. They seemed down to earth and realistic. They brought me to the floor and let me sit in with someone to get an idea of what the job would be like.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were faced with a challenge, but able to overcome it?   Answer Question