Cover image for Nationwide

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Nationwide Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 802 of over 802 interviews

Employee Referral11%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Nationwide

Application

I interviewed at Nationwide

Interview

The process itself was great, the interviewer was discriminant and I knew I didn’t have the job the minute he spoke to me. I’m highly qualified, did very well throughout the interview…smiled, engaged, good knowledge of the company, he wasn’t impressed

Nationwide

Application

I interviewed at Nationwide

Interview

Submitted the profile, through a vendor and got the interview request after a week. 2 rounds of interviews. one with the hiring manager and the other with the team members.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself, Insurance exp, BA related questions
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Nationwide

Join the conversation on

Personal Investment Chatter

5m

works at

Deloitte

My financial advisor mentioned Nationwide Variable Universal Life Insurance Accumulator would be a good financial instrument as we are now in a higher tax bracket. This type of life insurance seems complicated and has some fees attached that stresses me out (although the return sounds better than other life insurance). Anyone have this plan or thoughts on VUL?!? Need advice.

42 Comments

Join the conversation on

Nationwide

Application

I interviewed at Nationwide

Interview

I met a recruiter at a career fair and then was emailed and invited to interview. Before I interviewed they gave me an Excel/technical skills assignment where I had to analyze a little bit of data and it was pretty easy- I used tableau. The interview was about 45 minutes and there were two ladies interviewing me. The beginning was presenting the assignment and the rest was all behavioral.

Interview Questions
  • What technical skills do you have? What skills are you looking to gain from this internship?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (New York, NY) in Oct 2022

Interview

The internship went pretty well, only one the recruiter asked me about my coding background and regular behavioral questions. There is one STAR type question so be prepared to answer that.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Nationwide

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide

Interview

Interview process took a few months. The interview are held with 2 different people from the hiring team. They ask you questions regarding experience and how you would react to certain scenarios. Overall the experience was good. I was able to learn about the position and its day to day.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Nationwide

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide

Interview

90 minute competency based interview, only round. Friendly interview and included review of some data to analyse live whilst interviewers watched on video call. Actually took weeks to provide feedback though which is slower than most places.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you have been working in a team and it did not go to plan

Nationwide

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide

Interview

30 minute of character and competency based questions followed by a 10 minute practical test of responding to a customer query, done online via webcam. This was done in front of 2 people the nationwide area manager and the location manager.

Interview Questions
  • How would you approach a customers query where you do not know the answer?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Nationwide (San Antonio, TX) in Sep 2022

Interview

Didn't get a chance to have my final interview because no one ever joined the Microsoft Teams meeting. The interview was scheduled for an hour and for an hour I waited like an idiot. Hoping someone would join and have an apology about their tardiness, but NOPE. Very disrespectful.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Nationwide

Application

I interviewed at Nationwide

Interview

Cut and dry interview process. Be your best self and be prepared to answer the usual interview questions. There’s more than one interview if you make it past the first “round”.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (New York, NY)

Interview

They contact you by Email 1st , don't be surprised if it's 3 weeks afteryou applied they are slow to respond. Then it's a screening by the recruiter. Then a video chat interview. Be warned they will low ball offers and not budge on salary. So whatever salary range the recruiter tells you its the lowest number . It's d ppisappointing

Interview Questions
  • tells us about a time when you received coaching from a manager that you did not agree with and how you handled it .
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 802 Interviews

Nationwide Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Nationwide as 67.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.76 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Claims Adjuster and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Claims Specialist and Customer Service Representative roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Nationwide takes an average of 23 days when considering 819 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Intern had the quickest hiring process (on average 11 days), whereas Insurance Agent roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 25 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Nationwide according to 819 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 17.59%