Nationwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nationwide Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.7

Interview

I was called by the claims manager after submitting my resume and interviewed with two current claims managers in that office about a week later. I did a brief phone interview before scheduling the actual interview. The in-person interview consisted of a brief tour of the office and about 45 minutes to an hour of questions and conversation.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of STAR questions where they want to know a specific situation, how you handled it and what was the outcome, be prepared to give concrete examples. Specific questions such as give an example of a time when you improved or changed a way of doing something in your previous job, what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

It was a combination of behavioral questions and knowledge based question. There was also a activity included in the interviewing. The hiring process was easy and very well organized. The people were helpful and a great working environment with people around always willing to help.

Outside Property Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Interviewed with them over six years ago. The interview has changed substantially since then as I only interviewed with one manager. Now its a group process. I wouldn't recommend working for this company.

MBA Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nationwide (New York, NY).

Interview

I submit resume through career fair. They give me interview right after I submitted. The interviewer is very nice and try to make you comfortable about their questions. All questions are small case questions, no walk through resume, no behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• how to calculate how many manholes there are in Manhattan?   1 Answer
    • How many degrees before hour and minute needle when it's 3:15.   1 Answer
    • why the manhole is round?   1 Answer

Nationwide IT Interrn Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Oxford, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Nationwide came to my university for a career expo. I spoke with a representative at the table, was asked to attend an on sight interview the next day, and was told I'd receive a call within a week.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to work alone or on a team?   Answer Question
    • If offered a job with us next summer, would you prefer to work on the same team, or on a new team that your previous team recommended for you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase, but the decision period was about two weeks long.

Claims Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbia, MD).

Interview

Two hiring managers interviewed me with a list of questions. Very customer center focused questions. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. Different scenarios I had to go into and what I would do.

Interview Questions

• If someone told you they were in a car accident what questions would you ask to determine who was at fault.   1 Answer

Senior IT Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH).

Interview

one interview meet at nationwide plaza, interview by 3 guys 2 Sr. Analyst and a specialist, got the job offer 3 day after the interview, started in a week after getting offer

Interview Questions

• How I would respond to executives asking for preferential treatment outside of policy.   1 Answer

Marketing Rotational Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nationwide (New York, NY).

Interview

I first scheduled through my university, but then Nationwide said they needed to reschedule with very short notice. They did not contact applicants to give them updates on the reschedule until they had finally determined a date, which was 2-3 weeks later. The interview was nothing out of the ordinary. I was not very impressed with my interactions with the company. As a whole they seemed very unprofessional.

Total Loss Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nationwide (New York, NY).

Interview

STAR Interview process, the managers interviewed all the adjusters. I had a recruiter contact me and after that I had the interview within a few days. The interview questions were based on my past experiences as well as how I would handle difficult customers.

Associate VIce President, Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Very slow. They post internally/externally simultaneously but usually stay internal. phone screening, 1:1, panel interviews with HR, business interview with leaders. Very long drawn out process. Slow to get feedback. Difficulty with peoples calendars and their ability to schedule time with you.