Nationwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nationwide Interview Questions

Updated Nov 13, 2017

2.8

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

You walk into a small room, sit facing the supervisors and begin. They asked great questions just make sure you reply with a well-rounded answer! If you get stumped just ask to move to the next question as you gather your thoughts.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to explain something to another individual that you weren't completely sure on?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

I was contacted to set up an interview in a timely manner compared to other companies. There was only one 45 minute interview with two interviewers. The interview was more character oriented than technical, so make sure to practice your standard questions and be positive and engaging.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

Two rounds, both technical; You have to solve a case they provide you. The first round, you write a one-page write-up, and second round, you have to present a presentation with the same case in front of a panel of five.

Interview Questions

• What is your plan after you graduate? Getting a Ph.D. or start working   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

Friendly and helpful. Interviewed through my campus and had a quick turnaround. They were easy to communicate with and very helpful with any questions! I would defiantly do your own research on the company before you go as they have several complex business units. Overall, great experience and I accepted the position. Great company and casual laid back atmosphere.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

I did not apply online but went to a Career Fair and went to their booth. Just behavioral interview at a Career Fair. I met with a recruiter and she went through my resume. Got an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe past technical projects and technical skills, talk about your resume.   Answer Question

Underwriting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Des Moines, IA).

Interview

Straightforward with STAR questions. No curveballs. The interviewers were very pleasant too and it was a good experience. Not too easy, not too hard. It was easy to apply and I felt that the process went quickly.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Ames, IA) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a pretty straight forward interview with mostly behavioral questions and questions about technical skills listed in the resume as to how I've learned and applied them in the past work experiences.

IT Applications Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

The interview started about difficulties in working as a Team. It continued to situation handling, worst case scenarios. Asked for experience in Linux environment. A complete review of Resume, programming and scripting knowledge mentioned. Asked for any incident of doing programming for fun. Python experience and usage for any class or project. Time management as Grad Student and Hoddies.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nationwide (Bowling Green, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview was for 30 min. There were two interviewers and one of them was a former intern. The questions were all behavioral like "tell me about yourself ". It was a good experience. I am waiting for their reply.

Network Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Referred by a previous employer for possible W-2 contracting positions. The recruiter called to get an idea of my skills and what I was looking for. Eventually, I was called about an Network Analyst position for a fortune 500 insurance company. I was invited to an interview in their Columbus office with a panel of employees that work for the insurance company. The questions were a mix of behavioral and technical.