Nationwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nationwide Interview Questions

Updated Jan 15, 2018

2.8

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

It was conducted in a professional manner and setting. Everybody I dealt with was courteous and helpful. I was able to ask questions and we talked openly. We decided it was not the right fit for me at this time. I was impressed with the company!

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

You walk into a small room, sit facing the supervisors and begin. They asked great questions just make sure you reply with a well-rounded answer! If you get stumped just ask to move to the next question as you gather your thoughts.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to explain something to another individual that you weren't completely sure on?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

I was contacted to set up an interview in a timely manner compared to other companies. There was only one 45 minute interview with two interviewers. The interview was more character oriented than technical, so make sure to practice your standard questions and be positive and engaging.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

Two rounds, both technical; You have to solve a case they provide you. The first round, you write a one-page write-up, and second round, you have to present a presentation with the same case in front of a panel of five.

Interview Questions

• What is your plan after you graduate? Getting a Ph.D. or start working   1 Answer

IBM BPM & SOA Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter from Nationwide and quickly scheduled an in person interview at their Columbus location for two days later. I was told three people would be interviewing me, but there were only 2.

The interviewers were looking for more integration skills and knowledge in the IBM BPM platform and IBM ESB, etc, as opposed to application development in the platform itself. I have more experience in the full stack application development as opposed to the integration side, and one interviewer made it apparent that they were looking for more skills on the integration side. I spent more time on how I added value to my current company and team in high level ways, who I was as a person, and my passion to learn new skills, but it was clear they were not interested in that. There was also a bit of a language barrier between one interviewer who was the team lead and myself.

The position was senior. I got a call a week later from another recruiter saying that they thought I was weak in the skills area, so they would consider me coming in as junior, and suggested a low salary at $60,000. I said that with my years of experience (4.5), I may take a different title, but the lowest I would go would be $65,000. This was very odd because I would have thought there would have been more discussion before getting to to this stage.

A day later I got an email saying I didn't get the job. I am assuming this is because of my salary cap, but there were a couple of other logistical factors, such being one semester from graduation, that also could have affected the result.

In general, the whole process seemed rushed and a little unorganized.

Media Design Specialist, IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

Interview

I worked with an HR to schedule a phone interview. Shortly after reviewing qualifications I received an email to set up an onsite panel interview. The interview team was courteous, and security was friendly. A few days passed and I received an email to set up a secondary interview with a manager/director. I had been traveling for my previous job and our schedules were very hard to line up but they were very flexible about waiting for my return. I met with the hiring manager and had a great connection. I was sent an offer one business day later. I have never had such a great and quick interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would you adapt to such a huge change from a small company to a larger corporation?   1 Answer

Finance MBA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

Arrived on a Wednesday night. Went to dinner with Nationwide employees. On Thursday I met with dozens of people at nationwide and had three interviews and a five minute formal presentation.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

Friendly and helpful. Interviewed through my campus and had a quick turnaround. They were easy to communicate with and very helpful with any questions! I would defiantly do your own research on the company before you go as they have several complex business units. Overall, great experience and I accepted the position. Great company and casual laid back atmosphere.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

I did not apply online but went to a Career Fair and went to their booth. Just behavioral interview at a Career Fair. I met with a recruiter and she went through my resume. Got an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe past technical projects and technical skills, talk about your resume.   Answer Question

Underwriting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Des Moines, IA).

Interview

Straightforward with STAR questions. No curveballs. The interviewers were very pleasant too and it was a good experience. Not too easy, not too hard. It was easy to apply and I felt that the process went quickly.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question