Pfizer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pfizer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 22, 2017

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

2 phone screens + onsite interview. All interviews were very similar in content, with a mix of data structures/algorithms questions in addition to machine learning/stats questions. Questions weren't specific to biotech/pharma which is what I had expected and prepared for.

Rotational Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

Career gallery, next day on campus interview. Fairly easy, but only 30 min. They don't tell you anything about the position in the initial interview. It is all STAR questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were balancing more than one deadline and how did you prioritize?   Answer Question

Interview

I applied online and the process took a few weeks. The first interview is through HireVue, where you are given multiple prompts. Each prompt consists of a 30 second preparation and a 3 minute answering period.

Summer Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

Was emailed by hiring manager to set-up WebEx phone call. Had one-time phone interview with the hiring manager. The next time I heard from them was an email offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• what is your level of expertise with technology and learning new technologies?   Answer Question

Professional Healthcare Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pfizer (Birmingham, AL) in October 2017.

Interview

Digital interview through HireVue. Know your stuff. Do the practice questions until you are comfortable looking at yourself via your webcam. Be prepared, be ready and stay calm. The practice questions are not on the actual interview although in a different form they are. They will ask why do you want to work for Pfizer, describe your current sales position, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why Pfizer and what can you bring to the company?   1 Answer
    • How did you embrace technology in your current position   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

One phone interview about a month after I filled out the application. Asked about my experience and why I wanted to work there. I was asked about certain items on my resume and about logistical things like dates and availability.

Rotational Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Kalamazoo, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

I was recruited through my university's career gallery event. There were interviews the day after the gallery. Those interviews were short personality interviews comprised of STAR questions. After that, there were interviews at the location of availability. More technical about the position and the fit of the candidate.

Interview Questions

• STAR Questions: "Tell me about a time when you had to convey a vision to a group of people" "Tell me about a time when you failed" "Tell me about a time when you stepped up to be successful in a project with others"   Answer Question

Professional Health Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pfizer (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a dialogue held between us about different behavioral questions and my background. He was very friendly and made me feel comfortable. I really enjoyed the conversation and I was very confident.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

It was a weird video interview. You were asked questions and given a three minute time limit while looking at yourself on the computer screen. You were not allowed to re-answer the questions or make corrections. Awful experience.

Interview Questions

• Why Pfizer?
      What is our mission statement?
      Tell us about a time you failed?
      Tell us about a time you succeeded?
      Why Pharma?   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Groton, CT).

Interview

First, a telephonic interview and then, after a month contacted by HR to schedule an onsite interview. The onsite interview included a presentation in the morning followed by a technical and behavioral interview. All of this with a selected number of people. You don't get to interact with the other members of the team which was very strange. I lost interest in the position as there was no culture. Also, they are not quick with the reimbursement process as it can take more than 4 months (very strange experience with a big pharma like Pfizer).