Pfizer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pfizer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2017

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

2 hours long. One panel for the first hour. Another panel for the second hour. It was intimidating at first, but then you get used to it. The first panel was mostly behavioral based questions. The second panel was mostly questions about technical experience.

Clinical Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

Panel Interview using standard behavioral questions. Questions were fair and gave me the opportunity to show the depth of my knowledge and help me better understand the expectations of the job and decide if it was a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were given negative feedback, how did you adapt?   Answer Question

MSL Interview

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter lasted 15-20 minutes. Basic introductory conversation and questions. Outlined overall recruitment process in detail. Second phone interview with manager to follow. If successful, third in-person interview to follow.

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

One informal chat with a data scientist following a phone screen from someone in CA. An in person interview with 4 people in 3 sections. One hour interview is technical interview: SQL, programming, machine learning and communication skills for nontechnical Audiences.

Interview Questions

• What is inner, left and outer join?   2 Answers
    • Comparing logistic regression and random forest.   1 Answer

Corporate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online waited for a month then got a skills questionnaire. Afterwards got an interview request by a recruiter and then a phone interview with a hiring manager. Hiring manager was pleasant related his experience with the company eloquently. I felt there overall experience was ok. The hiring manager was
    Very pleasant but the time between application and interview was very long. Also the questionnaire, interview request and email from the recruiter were generic. Didn't appreciate that considering the how long the process was

Interview Questions

• Speak to me specifically about your experience with mergers? What do you know about mergers at pfizers?. The questions get more specific so study who your hiring manager is beforehand   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

I applied in February and was contact in early March. I had two phone interviews for two positions within the company.

The first interviewer seemed extremely distracted and frustrated during the interview. She asked general personality questions, however the majority of the interview I asked her questions and went over my experience. When I asked her questions about the company and position she responded with rushed and vague answers as if she did not want to give an interview at all. Overall, it seemed like a candidate was already chosen for the position before I even called, and the interviewer was required to interview a certain number of candidates or something.

I had a great second interviewer who asked interview questions about my experience and gave detailed answers to my questions. The interview went well, was 15 minutes over the time slot, and the interviewer suggested the position would be a great fit for me and made sure I had his contact information. The interview took place on a Friday and I was informed that I was not selected the following Monday. This interview did not make sense to me and I believe final decisions were not made by the interviewer.

Overall, the interview process at Pfizer is extremely frustrating and seems to rely more on luck than work experience and your interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions relating to the job. Many questions were asked about experience with analyzing data.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

I applied online through Pfizer website, then 2 days later got an email for digital interview on HireVue. After a week later got an email from DM to set up phone interview. The DM probably has the worst communication skills ever. Glad I know beforehand so I do not have to deal with this DM.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY).

Interview

Multiple phone and in person interviews. The process was awful as there was never any time for questions and only focused on what I bring to the table and never switched to what they have to offer. Culture of the organization seemed to be highlighted in the interview - very structured, narrow focused, non collaborative organization with lots of politics.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at pfizer?   1 Answer

Associate Manufacturing Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pfizer (Cary, NC).

Interview

Asked a lot of behavioral questions and used secondary questions to try to ruffle your feathers heavily, to the point of rudeness. Asked several management questions for an entry level position, and many other irrelevant questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you allocated people from different departments to accomplish a task.   Answer Question

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The question were mainly based on your background and projects done. No Technical questions were asked. A background in health care analytics is a plus. Know your strengths well and focus on that