State Farm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2018
1,793 Interview Reviews

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (New York, NY).

Interview

After submitting applications I took an online battery of tests. After passing I was granted a phone interview a week later. It was a very quick and awesome process. The background check, drug test and all that takes about 2 weeks after being offered a position for it to be finalized.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you handled a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Auto ILR Claims Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Basic phone interview at first. Ask about past employment positions and what tasks performed. Next interview is on the phone with multiple candidates. Drug screen background check pending. Once completed job offer made.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Apply online then I received an assessment to take which was the basic assessment. They a phone interview. Was offered a position and just has to do drug and background check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Selling insurance is highly competitive. Be well prepared to push through rejection and put yourself out there. My boss was easygoing and told me what I can achieve if I put my mind to it and hustle.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Went through a phone interview with Hr, in-person HR interview and finally a third interview with a panel of 4 managers. Questions were all stock behavioral questions such as “tell me about a time when”

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were met with ambiguity in your job/role. How did you approach the challenges and work to resolve any issues.   1 Answer

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Richardson, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied 10/2017 and received an interview 12/2017. I received an offer 1/2018. The process was rather long as you can see, but I’m excited about the opportunity and I can’t wait to start. The start date is 2/2018.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in January 2018.

Interview

Very professional and friendly atmosphere, they offer me something to drink and walk around explaining the day to day process, and training you are paid for , totally went through all the pro and con of the so you know what you getting into.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

STAR Questions, Various tech questions, not many puzzles, straight forward. Java shop. If you know java, and brush up on typical interview questions you won't have any trouble with this interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when....
      Explain polymorphism to me
      Show me an example of inheritance.
      Draw a class diagram.
      Whats the difference between is-a and has-a relationship in Java.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Over the phone.... U know if you have the job when you get off the phone. Behavioral questions and they used the Star method.... Just remain upbeat and answer the questions clearly

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   4 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Pomona, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied once before in July & didn’t get the job at that time. I did lack a little confidence as I had t interviewed for a while. I was asked where I see myself long-term & short-term goals, how would I deal with rejection, tell me about yourself, are you good at posting AD’s online, experience, what’s my biggest weakness/strength. I knew I messed up on one question which was how would I deal with rejection.. anyway, i reapplied again December 2017 & this time around I was ready! She remembered me, asked for my availability, once again long/short-term goals, I took the assessment prior to the interview and said I scored above an 80 & was stronger on the marketing/sales side. She loved that. I made strong eye contact, had great sitting posture and every answer I gave was confident without stuttering. I have no prior sales or office job experience, therefore I had to make sure I was confident & eager to do everything the job entails. She said she loved my energy, that I’m bilingual & my availability worked with her. After everything she mentioned I’d be receiving an email for the background check & how much pay would be. Got hired on spot of course.

Interview Questions

• Asked how would I feel if I had to approach someone?   1 Answer
    • Short/long-term goals, strengths/weakness, how would people describe me, if she called my references what would they say about me.   Answer Question