State Farm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Farm Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2017
1,636 Interview Reviews

2.6

Interview

I applied through the website and was sent a non-disclosure email a few days later. After signing that, i was sent a pre-employment assessment test. (call simulation/typing test) it was pretty easy. I completed that on a Saturday and by Monday received an email saying I had competitive results. They emailed me again to set up a phone interview time and I was contacted at my exact interview time. It probably lasted about 45 minutes total. Pretty easy, STAR format. Just have examples of situations dealing with reliability, accountability, various themes. I got an offer at the end of the call. Confirmed start date and sent info for background and drug test. As soon as everything clears its official.

Insurance Agent Interview

Interview

State Farm is a great company to work for. The interview process was several months long. starts with a recruiter and ends after several meetings with other management. I would recommend the process

Interview Questions

• can you describe a time when you had to risk everything for a high reward   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

Brief but thorough, sort of frazzled interviewer but overall easy process. Read up on interviews and you will not have a hard time being through easily. Seems like a good deal

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

The interview was straightforward but not as exciting. I had two people interviewing me. The reason I think the interview was not exciting because my interviewers just read all the questions from the computer and took notes. No follow-up question was asked.

Interview Questions

• They asked many behavioral situational type of questions.   1 Answer

Centralize Administativ Spport Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

1st step Phone Interview- very relaxing (15-20 mins)
    The recruiter will make this process simply relaxing for you. No need to tense. They want you to be yourself and answer questions to your best ability. Be sure to study the background of State Farm. (You may be asked what do you know about the company).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why State Farm/ Why this position
      How did you adapt to certain situations   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm in July 2017.

Interview

Sent to another agent in another city for the interview because new brokers aren't allowed to do interviews alone. This was a throwaway interview that lasted 15 minutes with no STAR questions

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process went quickly and I was called back after 4 weeks from the start of me filling out an application. The process was not as hard and I was able to relax from the questions I read about from Glass Door.

Interview Questions

• What to do when I could not meet a deadline?   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at State Farm (Austin, TX).

Interview

Very Informal, very informative. The office was way to quite for me. I like more energy. Had nice people but felt very uncomfortable with the whole thing. It was a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

The Hiring interview process is not too bad, you get a phone interview and get hired if they like you on that call. So departments require in person interviews. They ask basic interview questions. If you interview in person you will more in likely interview with 2 managers from the department that you will work in.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Test, phone interview, face to face with hr, face to face with management. Test had logic problems. The interview questions are behavioral and follow the star method. There is also a drug screening. I remember the process took like a month to complete.