State Farm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Farm Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2018
1,828 Interview Reviews

2.6

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Responded to ad, phone interview which provided more insight on the job, sent link for 2 assessments. Math/Verbal and Sales/Leadership. Received email from agent with results followed by job offer. Excited to begin!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with an angry customer. How did you handle it amd what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Claims Associate Interview

Interview

Phone interview, general tell me about a time when questions. Hired over the phone. Standard drug test and background check. It was a fast and simple process overall. I would actually say it was the most seemless interviee and hiring process I’ve ever experienced

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

The interview was amazing and I walked away feeling like that was the place that I belong. I walked away wanting to make State Farm my career. Hopefully I will get the job and begin my career with State Farm.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Internet typing test with a phone interview a month later. Very quick phone interview, less than 10 minutes. Once they found out i had previous insurance experience i was offered the job.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Farm (Charlottesville, VA).

Interview

There were three managers and me and they each spent time asking questions. It was pretty typical. For those who are interviewing from college job fairs, there's also a group portion where they talk to you about all the benefits and what to expect in the process. I found HR to be pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to deal with something stressful on the job and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Claims Associate - Express Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Richardson, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

The overall process was a little long but worth it in the end. I applied 2/19/18 and received an email on 2/27/18 to take the pre employment assessments. On 03/01/2018 I received an email starring that I passed and was asked for dates and times I would be available for a phone interview. I did my phone interview on 03/02/18 and was offered a face to face interview for 04/05/18. I was asked behavioral questions and questions about my previous employment during the phone interview. On the day of the face to face interview four other candidates and myself were taken to a room with the training manager and an HR recruiter where we watched a video about the company and was asked if we had any questions before we started the interview. After that we were told who we would interview with and were walked into a room where the interview took place. I interviewed with 2 hiring managers and was asked 3 behavioral questions and did a role play. After the interview I asked them a couple of questions then was told I would know in 7 to 10 business days if I had the job or not. On 04/10/18 I received an offer by email and was given information about the background screen and drug test screen. I completed that and received my final offer on 04/19/18.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were held accountable   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you made a difficult decision without involving upper management.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to use resources you were not given to complete a task   Answer Question
    • During the role play I was the agent and one of the managers was the customer.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

The interview was short and the interviewers were friendly. It consisted of behavioral questions primarily. It lasted for around 30 minutes and I got the offer in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Didn’t really have much of an interview. I did my internship for college there and was hired as office help. Passed all my producer exams in matter of weeks and was promoted.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in April 2018.

Interview

sceening phoneShare your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process

Interview Questions

• do you require sponsorship ? Are you willing to relocate? What was your experience in java? How are you doing today? Tell about the company? What are your past work experiences? How did you hear about this position. When can you start working.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2018.

Interview

Easy process. Face to face interview. Interview lasted about 40 mins. Had to do background check. Whole process took two weeks. The owner was very thoughrough and explained the business and what they offer. I had previous experience with another insurance company so she liked me and basically gave was a go following background check. Background tooks 3 days. Have not got start date yet but will be discussing soon.