State Farm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Farm Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2017
1,639 Interview Reviews

2.6

Interview

I applied through the website and was sent a non-disclosure email a few days later. After signing that, i was sent a pre-employment assessment test. (call simulation/typing test) it was pretty easy. I completed that on a Saturday and by Monday received an email saying I had competitive results. They emailed me again to set up a phone interview time and I was contacted at my exact interview time. It probably lasted about 45 minutes total. Pretty easy, STAR format. Just have examples of situations dealing with reliability, accountability, various themes. I got an offer at the end of the call. Confirmed start date and sent info for background and drug test. As soon as everything clears its official.

Insurance Agent Interview

Interview

State Farm is a great company to work for. The interview process was several months long. starts with a recruiter and ends after several meetings with other management. I would recommend the process

Interview Questions

• can you describe a time when you had to risk everything for a high reward   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

Brief but thorough, sort of frazzled interviewer but overall easy process. Read up on interviews and you will not have a hard time being through easily. Seems like a good deal

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

The interview was straightforward but not as exciting. I had two people interviewing me. The reason I think the interview was not exciting because my interviewers just read all the questions from the computer and took notes. No follow-up question was asked.

Interview Questions

• They asked many behavioral situational type of questions.   1 Answer

Centralize Administativ Spport Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

1st step Phone Interview- very relaxing (15-20 mins)
    The recruiter will make this process simply relaxing for you. No need to tense. They want you to be yourself and answer questions to your best ability. Be sure to study the background of State Farm. (You may be asked what do you know about the company).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why State Farm/ Why this position
      How did you adapt to certain situations   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm in July 2017.

Interview

Sent to another agent in another city for the interview because new brokers aren't allowed to do interviews alone. This was a throwaway interview that lasted 15 minutes with no STAR questions

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tupelo, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Tupelo, MS) in July 2017.

Interview

Apply online, wait two weeks; take an online timed "test", wait two weeks; get a phone interview, wait two weeks.....come in the office for an interview, wait two weeks; see if you are PERFECT for THIS job.

Interview Questions

• WHY did you apply with an Insurance Comp? What do you expect from this job?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

I did all my assessments online, got a phone interview that went well and then I got a call to come in for a face to face interview. Didn't know what to expect but it went well. Hopefully I hear back from them soon.

Interview Questions

• If you had a deadline but knew you could not finish on time, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Claims Associate -ILR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Tacoma, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

I'm an ex-State Farm employee who has attempted re-hire on two separate occasions in the two years since I left. Both efforts have proven fruitless, but this most-recent interview was easily the more positive of the two. The recruiters I spoke with were very kind and informative. I felt that the interview itself went quite good, however I had my doubts considering both my prior interview experience with a rude recruiter and the fact that presently I live out of state. All State Farm job postings do mention the self-paid relocation bit - implying that they will hire out-of-state candidates. I have relocated for positions before, so this was something I was obviously aware of and wanting to do - I mentioned it to the interviewer. I was told to expect a call within two days. Today is the second day and it's now afternoon, so I'm calling this one dead in the water. It's unfortunate considering they are hiring inexperienced folks, which is great to give people opportunities, however I have claim handling experience and am perfectly qualified for the gig. I believe I will give up on attempting to get back there. I mean it's a great place to work, but it's ultimately just a call center job. I do data entry for a non-profit presently and I truly enjoy the work I do.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process went quickly and I was called back after 4 weeks from the start of me filling out an application. The process was not as hard and I was able to relax from the questions I read about from Glass Door.

Interview Questions

• What to do when I could not meet a deadline?   1 Answer