Teach for America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teach for America Interview Questions

Interviews at Teach for America

3.4

TFA Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

My interview experience with TFA was extremely positive. My interviewer was welcoming and sweet; I was so nervous going into the interview (especially since it was over Zoom), but she made me feel so comfortable and relaxed. The TFA website does a great job outlining exactly how you need to prepare for the interview, so I definitely suggest reading through their material beforehand. The interview started out with a 5-minute lesson plan, then some personal interview questions (situational and behavioral), a 10-minute role play conversation, and then you get to listen to your interviewer tell their story about joining TFA. Overall, the interview was a really positive experience and there were so many resources to help me prepare! There were tons of interview prep sessions via Zoom and my recruiting manager was always following-up throughout the application process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you faced in a previous role and explain how you overcame it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you struggled in a course.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Interview

There was first an in-person digital interview. I had to give a sample lesson. I wish I would have gone to an in person interview. Also, the mission is to spark change and I don't think my answer that I just want to teach was a good one.

Teacher Interview

Interview

Group project, 5 minute lesson to teach others in the group and personal interview. Everyone was very nice and supportive. I thought the interview went well but was not given the position.

Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

The Interview Process consisted of two parts. The first part was a group interview in which nine other applicants gave 5-minute lesson plans. The second part was an individual hour-long interview. Overall, the interview process was painless.

Teacher Interview

Interview

Interview process was long but very informative and supportive. They set you up with a recruiter, and offer online virtual seminar sessions that connect you to other applicants. I chose an on-site interview and it was smaller than I anticipated, there was only one other applicant present.

Interview Questions

• Out of all the things you were in involved with, which is experience are you most proud of?   Answer Question

Corps Member Interview

Interview

Long day, but great interviewers! Genuinely cared about my experience while interviewing and wanted to make us all feel comfortable. They were super willing to share their experiences as well.

Interview Questions

• TFA is a two year commitment. Do you feel like that is a commitment you can make and why?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

First there was a group interview where you say your most memorable experience in education, then you do your 5 minute sample lesson and listen to the others do their sample lessons, then you have an individual interview that lasts about 45 minutes to an hour.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my resume, why teach for America, why education, what you struggled with   1 Answer

Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teach for America in March 2020.

Interview

The interview starts with the 5-minute mini lesson, then my interviewer asked some questions, then the role-play scenario, I was asked if I would do anything differently about the role play, followed by more questions, and finally information about TFA.

Interview Questions

• How did you get involved in/were chosen for your given roles?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a conflict with a peer or supervisor? Was it resolved and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What’s the most challenging part of your roles?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever disagreed with a supervisor? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • How do you stay organized?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever missed a deadline?   Answer Question
    • Is there any reason you wouldn’t complete your 2-year commitment?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had many things due at the same time.   Answer Question
    • What is the most rewarding role that you have participated in?   Answer Question

Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

Taught a 5 minute lesson in front of the interview panel and other interviewees. Looked over a case and had a debrief conversation with interviewees. Then, had 30 minute conversation with recruiter and former corps member.

Interview Questions

• Under what circumstances (if any) would you leave the corps before the end of your 2 years?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teach for America in February 2020.

Interview

Extensive online application, followed by a phone interview. Long waiting process to be invited to a final interview, more online tasks, and a long waiting period to hear about an offer. No feedback.