Teach for America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teach for America Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2018

3.4

Corps Member Interview

Interview

Very lengthy and thorough. Many different forms of interview with multiple individuals. Interviewers valued reflection and persistence through the process. The amount of time required by the process causes many people to drop out before they finish applying. If you push through the process and dedicate the time it shows your dedication.

Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

I applied in mid-April online and instead of a phone screen or first round interview was sent an assignment around four weeks later in May. I completed it in time and even had my Development Consultant friend look it over- I spent several hours on it though the instructions mentioned that one should not spend over 1.5 hours.

I sent an email asking about future interviews and my status, and soon after- about a week later- got a generic email saying they pursued other candidates and thanking me. Fine.

Then, I emailed this manager asking if I could get some quick feedback on my assignment, to inform my approach for future development assignments in interviewing- which I've found to be fairly common. She agreed and said my assignment was "really thoughtful" and that we could talk on the phone the following morning.

The following afternoon I call her, and ask if she has a minute to discuss my assignment, she says yes. So I ask a couple of questions like, "What are you looking for in completion of the assignment?," "What did you think I could have done better in the assignment?" and "What did others do which was more competitive for this assignment?"

She gave me nothing. Like actually, nothing. She just repeated that it was "very thoughtful," but gave no actual specific positive or constructive feedback. So, I am not sure why she agreed to speak with me about it in the first place, since she apparently had no opinion she could share, even with it in front of her.

I did not schedule the call, so maybe she was caught off guard, but overall it was an uncomfortable interaction which suggested that the TFA process for selecting development candidates is either not thorough, not transparent, or both. I would hesitate to apply to a position in that department or with TFA again in the future because of this experience.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

Supplemental questions on application. If granted interview, you prepare a presentation, answer questions on a panel, and have a 1:1 interview. The presentation (teaching sample) was daunting, but also kind of fun. The interviewers were all really nice and had been TFA teachers.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time when you improved or made better an organization you were working with.   2 Answers

Corps Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teach for America (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

The process was long and it included a sample teach exercise. There was an online application, a phone interview, and a in person interview which consisted of one to one interview and group/panel discussions.

Office Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

The interview was very quick - not much of a conversation. I was just asked scripted questions -one after another. It felt very impersonal but that can be expected with a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Teach for America over other organizations?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

The interview was a huge commitment with sample teaching lesson plan, interview, and background presentation. They also expect minimum four essays. I could've been doing better things than wait for TFA's lackadaisical response.

Teacher Interview

Interview

First went through a phone interview. Prepared a sample of a 2 minute classroom lesson for a certain grade level. Then completed a group activity where observed our team skills. Then met in person for 1 hour interview.

Interview Questions

• Hypothetical scenarios that you could face in the classroom/school.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teach for America (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

Went over the agenda for the day. Then did a group interview, discussion, and personal interview. Interviewers were pleasant and easy going. The interview day was rather long (I began at 10AM and didn't finish until 4PM).

TFA Corps Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (College Station, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was several steps. First, you would submit the answers to a few short answer questions. Then during the interview, you had to do a teaching presentation, a group interview, and then an individual interview.

MTLD Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

Completed an online application for the role, was invited to complete 2 phone interview rounds with scenarios you had to role play. Final round was a video interview with the regional director.

Interview Questions

• You notice two CMs are disengaged during sessions and missed your last deadline - how would you approach the situation?   Answer Question