Teach for America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teach for America Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

3.4

TFA Corps Member Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

There was a team interaction part of interview (assess which two policies were better for the team and why), mock teaching and individual interview. The individual interview was pretty standard (biggest challenge and how you overcame it, what do you do when things don't meet your expectations, etc etc).

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest challenge and how did you overcome it?

Tell me about how you deal with disappointment.
      Answer Question

Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

Filled out an online application, waited to hear about second round interviews. The interview took place over the course of a full day, including a sample lesson, a group activity and an individual interview. TFA sends materials about the interview process and that was very accurate as to how the day went.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

The interview process was rigorous, but that is to be expected. There a multiple components to the process including data analysis, creating a plan to help make a teacher more effective and phone/in person interviews.

Recruitment Manager Interview

Interview

Someone from the organization reached out about RM role. 3 step process- initial application/essays- why do you want to do this, etc, then data analysis and video self, then in-person interview consisting of 1:1, data analysis, and a role play. Everyone is affirming, kind, and SUPER politically correct. Organization seeks to really emphasize core values/RM culture pillars.

Interview Questions

• How do you live out diversity?
      Tell about a time you had a ton to do and not enough time? How'd you stay organized/determine what to do?
      Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

First, they had everyone do a sample teaching lesson with the other interviewees participating as students, then a group discussion about an issue facing a school, and finally the interviewers talked about their Teach for America experiences. Then there was a short break before going in to the final personal interview.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you didn't get along with someone and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

I first filled out an application online and was directly invited to a final round interview. The final round was a long process, and consisted of multiple steps, but I received an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what skills you have that would make you a good teacher?   Answer Question

Manager, Teacher Leadership Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Teach for America (Tulsa, OK) in April 2017.

Interview

The process was similar to corps member application, focused on teaching ideology and coaching habits. Many questions were centered around how you would deal with a difficult corps member, and how you would encourage diversity amongst your team.

Potential Teacher Interview

Interview

I have applied to this job via internet for the last deadline of the year. I have been offered an interview and in the process I have to fill out an online application that takes time and dedication.

Interview Questions

• I asked if we get certified throughout our experience.   1 Answer

Corps Member Interview

Application

Interview

Once application is accepted, one must go though process of getting recommenders, filling out extra questions, and preparing a sample teaching lesson. The Interviewers provide a very supportive environment during the actual interview day. It begins with introductions, sample teaching, then group discussion, and then personal interviews.

Interview Questions

• Leadership roles and challenges faced during the leadership role.   Answer Question

TFA Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

Phone interview with basic questions; in-person interview with a group. Multiple activities including traditional interview and presentation of a lesson. At the end there was also a 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you organize your short term and long term projects/deadlines?   Answer Question