Teach for America Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,027 of over 1.0K interviews

3.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Teach for America

Teach for America

Application

I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

The interview process was very thorough. There were multiple interview rounds including case studies and role-play scenarios, as well as presenting a lesson plan. The interviews focused on your personal values, critical thinking skills, leadership capabilities, and commitment to the mission.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you drawn to the TFA mission?
    Answer Question

Teach for America

Application

I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

I gave a practice teach to a group of 10 other interviewees. There was a 30 minute one on one with a recruiter. It was all done on Skype. The practice teach was about 15 minutes and you also had to sit in on everyone else's.

Interview Questions
  • I don't remember the exact question but I think I answered it wrong since I said I just want to teach. It seems that they're looking more for policy change makers and people looking to change the system to make it more equitable.

Teach for America

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

Pretty standard interview aside from the sample lesson. I've heard that some interviewers try to make you feel uncomfortable but mind was nice and didn't really ask any tough questions. Might be different next year as things shift back to in-person.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Teach for America

Application

I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

There is a section of the interview where you present a lesson plan that you made, must be under five minutes and the other half is more Q&A . It lasts for about an hour and a half

Interview Questions
  • To create a lesson plan what diversity and equity looks like to you

Teach for America

Application

I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

took around an hour and a half, you had to prepare a lesson plan, a case study, and behavioral interview responses. then you could ask your own questions. the interviewer was really nice but you have to be super prepared because there's so many parts and the lesson plan and case study take a while to prep

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Teach for America

Application

I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

I was first asked to complete a video interview via spark hire. There were predetermined questions and unlimited time. The format was strange but not complicated to navigate. I was able to re-record my response.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Teach for America

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America in Apr 2021

Interview

The interview was online. (There are usually in person options but we are in a pandemic.) Before interview, they asked me to answer two pre-interview/short answer questions. For the interview, they asked me to read a case study and come up with a proposal about what I would do. For the interview, they also asked me to come up with a 5 minute lesson.

Interview Questions
  • -Can you tell me a little bit about yourself?
  • -TFA recognizes racial and economic inequities, how have you come to understand that?
  • -Follow up questions to lesson, ex. you find out only 20% of your class successfully learned lesson, what would you do?
  • -Tell us about a mistake you've made/time you have received feedback.
  • -Why does educational equity mean so much to you?
  • -There are lots of ways to make a change, why education?
  • -How will you try to make a change in classrooms?
  • -Follow up questions for case study, ex. a teacher disagrees with approach you would take and suggests x, y, z, how do you respond?

Teach for America

Application

I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

Virtual interview with brief 5 minute lesson, teacher action team proposal, Personal Interview questions, and question & answer session . Lasts about 90 minutes with standard interview being prominent portion.

Interview Questions
  • How did you come up with your proposal.

Teach for America

Application

I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

Everyone was very nice and helpful. The interview was relatively easy and my interviewer was so sweet. They truly want you to succeed and want to work with you so you can display your best qualities

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Teach for America

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

The interview process included an application, phone interview, individual and group Interviews. Each of these was an additional round in the process culminating to my offer. A lesson plan had to be planned and presented during the in person interview process in front of other applicants.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,027 Interviews