Cover image for WeWork

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

WeWork Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 30 of over 985 interviews

Other16%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

WeWork

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork

Interview

I was approached by a technical recruiter for an initial phone call, and then a 2 technical screenings, and onsite. The experience was smooth, they were professionals, straight forward and productive

Interview Questions
  • How to optimize a stack in the navigation controller with a lot of view controllers
    Answer Question

WeWork

Application

I interviewed at WeWork

Interview

Typical software engineer hire process, 1st HR call to get about interest and company overview. Then set up a phone interview which was a leetcode medium question. After that there was a onsite. One system design, one behavioral, three Leetcode easy, medium.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

What people are saying about WeWork

Join the conversation on

The Work-Life Bowl

1y

a

Product Manager

WSJ: WeWork CEO says employees who are least engaged are the ones who want to WFH, while those who are most engaged are the ones excited to come back to the office. WTF is this boomer BS? Jesus, hire adults who don't need to suck up to you at the water cooler in order to like their job. Can we please push back against this narrative? Many of us have worked very very hard this past year, with great productivity, and this is what we get to hear? 😡

2,952

243 Comments

Real Estate

1.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/real-estate-5/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=WeWork~661275
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about WeWork? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with WeWork employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

WeWork

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at WeWork

Interview

I got contacted by a recruiter through Hired while looking to relocate to the US requiring no visa sponsorship. Despite my Hired profile making it clear I'm working outside the US, the recruiter said she was "not sure if they can do international relocation during covid" even though "relocation would be at my own expense". I then received a generic rejection email. Might have dodged a bullet but can't help feeling disgusted by this borderline discriminatory experience.

Interview Questions
  • Typical recruiter phone screen .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in Jan 2020

Interview

phone screen through someone in recruitment, a interview will a hiring manager would have followed but I did not get past the initial screen phone screen through someone in recruitment, a interview will a hiring manager would have followed but I did not get past the initial screen phone screen through someone in recruitment, a interview will a hiring manager would have followed but I did not get past the initial screen

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

WeWork

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at WeWork

Interview

I wasn't abke to connect with the recruiter for 2-3 weeks. Red flag. Then I schedule an phone interview. Then the engineer I met talked about his project and asked behaviorial questions for 30 minutes. It seems they want a wework advocate. Unfortunately, I'm not passionate enough. Then the tech question is about 20 minutes. The result came in after a month. Lol. Can't imagine working there.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in Jun 2019

Interview

2 Rounds of interviews Round 0 Recruiter call Round 1 1-hour Phone Screening/Coding. Working with stacks. Round 2 4 hours onsite in New York. System design, behavioral design, coding. Was interviewed by 3 different panels. Round 3 They had me interview with another engineering manager since I did not fit well into the requirements on the original team.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

WeWork

Application

I interviewed at WeWork

Interview

The process is going amazing, everyone is so friendly and I met serval members of the team and they asked me questions about my future prospects and my goal and also some problems on technique questions

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

WeWork

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at WeWork in May 2019

Interview

Started off with a recruiter call .. then a standard coding interview, the hiring manager was good and professional. That proceeded with a take home project. After this, it became weird, they said they are to proceed to the on-site, they finalized on a day and then when they wanted to book the flights, all 3 recruiters completely disappeared for few weeks and still nothing. No response to emails. Completely unprofessional. If the req is no longer, Inform the candidate and dont ghost them. Its childish to just stop responding and thinking it will go away. Being a bay area with so many options for developers, I hope WeWork makes sure they get their recruiters to behave professionally if they want to hire good talent.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

WeWork

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeWork

Interview

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WeWork in January 2018. I the experience was overall very easy and positive. Asked about salary requirement range.

Interview Questions
  • What attracted me to WeWork? How did I find out about the role?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in Mar 2019

Interview

Applied online. Phone screen followed by a coding exercise and then on site interviews. Met with several technical staff for a mix of fit and technical interviews. Overall the process was fairly routine and everyone I met with was nice and professional. Technical aspects of the interview were on the easy side relative to true tech companies. It was clear WeWork really wanted to be seen as a strong tech company but it was also clear that it’s really mostly a real-estate arbitrage play trying to figure out how to stop losing money.

Interview Questions
  • Which of our values most inspire you?
4 people found this interview helpful