Technical Architect Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Technical Architect Interview Questions

Technical architects are responsible for the high level design of an IT project and directing the implementation of it for clients. Interview questions will focus on technical knowledge and skill as well as your ability to design large and complex systems. Employers want to see creative thinking and lots of previous IT experience.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Do you know the differences between tags and branches? When do you use which?

1 Answer

I typically use tags to mark important changes to code sets. Use Branches when different versions of code are in production at one time (or are being developed for release into production).

In a Unix environment what are the top 3-5 considerations for performance monitoring a Java application that has access to a local Oracle instance (located on the same server). Please be as specific as possible (i.e. commands, locations, etc.)

1 Answer

Explain the difference between a FUNCTION, PROCEDURE and PACKAGE.

1 Answer

How you inherit the properties of two classes (not interfaces) in a child Java class. Where as those two parent classes are not related and not of any inheritance relationship between them.

4 Answers

Where do you think you'd be five years from now.

1 Answer

Most of the interview questions were focused on getting more details related to my relevant experience. Additional questions were asked related to how I would handle certain situations.

1 Answer

What is the best way to aproach system downtime, when several servers or SAN systems are down?

1 Answer

Why is your solution better than others would think of

It was Basic Java Question

1 Answer

Which position I would be "happier" in. I have been a consultant for many years and have not thought about positions making me "happy."

110 of 127 Interview Questions