Caesars Entertainment Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Caesars Entertainment President and CEO Mark Frissora
Mark Frissora

Pros
  • Union paycheck, good benefits trough culinary (in 58 reviews)

• great benefits and good supervisors (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard to maintain healthy work life balance (in 38 reviews)

• Upper management not helping their managers they expect you to do what other department wish even if it is wrong or costs your department (in 44 reviews)

1. "Good opportunities for hard workers"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Atlantic City, NJ
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Atlantic City, NJ

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Professional Development
    - Growth Potential

Cons

- Competitive Compensation
    - Work Life Balance

2. "Great Place to Grow a Career"

Former Employee - Marketing in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Marketing in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Best company I am aware of to grow a career. A ton of senior executives started in junior roles and were consistently given opportunities to grow quickly. A place where your merit and ability matter than "juice." This company is the biggest hiring ground for other casino companies -- that should tell you something about the reputation Caesars and its employees have in the industry. The C Suite of Affinity, Penn & Pinnacle is basically all ex Caesars employees. Should tell you something about the pedigree there.

Cons

Other than nit picky stuff, none. Couldn't have asked for a better place to spend 12 years

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"A company good only if you are desperate"

Current Employee - Security Officer in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Only if you absolutely have to have a job and there is nothing else at the moment. Hiring policies are lax so fairly easy to get a job

Cons

They do not pay a living wage. The only people that can make it without having to have another job or 2 are those that can get tips. Company as a whole lacks communication and policies are followed on when wanting to single someone out. Policies are adhered to differently by shift and base on if your liked or fit into a clique.

Advice to Management

Deal with inadequate pay and adherence to policies

5. "Great experience"

Former Employee - Food and Beverage in Atlantic City, NJ
    Former Employee - Food and Beverage in Atlantic City, NJ

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Long-term investment in employee and possibility of career advancement

Cons

Management constantly changing and employees are affected

Advice to Management

Remember what it's like in the trenches

6. "capture marketing"

Current Employee - Marketing in North Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Marketing in North Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment part-time

Pros

good company, nice people, variety of jobs

Cons

hire from within is not correct, hire from outside first, low pay

Advice to Management

to many chiefs, management doesnt help to promote from within

"Decent Company to Work For."

Former Employee - Food Server in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Food Server in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Caesars Entertainment part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There's much opportunity to make advancement into different jobs while working at Harrah's Casino. Without a doubt this was also where I've made the most money in my career working as a Food Server.

Cons

This was an extremely demanding place to work because I found myself working every holiday imaginable and having almost no time to myself because I was stuck working so much. As a server inside their VIP I found myself struggling to simply get through school because I spent so much time working every week. This isn't a place to work if you intend to spend time with your family or friends during busy events or holidays because they need all the people they can get.

Advice to Management

Allow more flexibility when it comes to transferring because waiting 3 months in a position that you dislike doesn't give employees much incentive to stay with their company.

8. "Great Company to Work for."

Current Employee - Director in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Director in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Loyalty to their employees, Benefits, Compensation, Education advancement, reinvestment into their employees

Cons

Challenging rules and processes due to gaming regulations, Strong Unions, Very tenured employees

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and build loyalty by always doing the right thing.

"Accounting"

Current Employee - Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ample opportunity for growth, advancement and movement

Cons

You need to apply for promotions

Advice to Management

Change the promotion policy to award deserving, hard working employees

Caesars Entertainment Response

Apr 12, 2017 – Director of Corporate Human Resources

Thank you for your review and appreciate the feedback - We post promotions so that all team members have the chance to be considered but we'll take a look at it. We want to make our deserving team ... More

10. "Company review"

Former Employee - Contract Coordinator in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Contract Coordinator in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a whole the company is fine. Continuously changing and growing to make the company better and inviting to the customer. The CEO held regular all hands meetings for employees to keep them informed.

Cons

Didn't like how HR handled layoffs. There was no notice and escorted employees off premises.

"You can do better I promise"

Former Employee - Marketing in South Lake Tahoe, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in South Lake Tahoe, CA

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I honestly been thinking of what to write in the "pros" section for 5 minutes and can't think of anything to say.

Cons

Here is the brutal truth about working for caesars entertainment- it sucks the life out of you. You will be over worked and under paid in almost every position. Is that how you want to live your life? With a company that has no innovation and where most positions are a dead end job. Listen to me... there are a million companies out there that know how to treat employees and know how to recognize talent. This is not one of those companies. Do something that will inspire you and work at a place that gives you inspiration. Don't settle and work here because I promise you that you will end up feeling nothing but beaten down, over worked, and constantly question your decision working for this company. If you're like me and you want to give your all to a job, come up with creative ideas, and want to be part of a team then this is not the place for you. While I met some amazing people in this company I also realized that the overall company culture is dyspectic. What I'm trying to say is that there is so much more in life that you can accomplish then working here. Apply to that job you don't think you'll get, apply for a position you always wanted to try, apply for a position that makes a difference in the world! Everyone has talent even if you don't think you do and sadly caesars won't recognize it. So before you accept a position and go into this huge corporate organization... just think for a minute... is this really how you want to spend everyday? Surrounded by no one supporting you and in situations where you are set up to fail? Trust me on this- it feels terrible waking up everyday knowing you have to be somewhere you dont want to be and seeing everyone around you hating their job as well. I have worked in another corporate company before and it was nothing like caesaes. You can do better I promise. Reach for the stars and please please please don't settle here.

Advice to Management

Training in all departments will be a good start. Learning how to be a team and working together to solve problems would also be beneficial for a company as large as this one. Are you aware of the turn over rate? Does that not raise red flags for you? I have seen friends in this company treated so terribly. I have seen management throw their associates under the bus when it was management who made a mistake. I have witnessed supervisors leaving new employees with tasks they had no idea how to complete because they had a hair appointment. I had to contact a former employee for directions on how to work certain programs because neither the manager or supervisor were ever around to teach me anything. I have had my ideas shut down because the "old way" is the only way to complete things. So much made me shake my head in dismay as I watched what has happened working here to myself and others. I'm a learner and I love to learn, but if there is no one to guide me and teach me how is anyone supposed to learn? My advice- be more aware of who you are hiring in every position, train people more effectively- don't forget everyone has different learning styles, and lastly, recognize the individuals in this company who go above and beyond. I seen some absolutely amazing employees who have worked 15+ years and never received a promotion. Recognize their strengths and use that for the companies advantage as well. Don't lose them... you have some great people working here.

Showing 998 of 1,012 reviews