Capgemini Java Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017

2.9

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capgemini (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

A HR contacted me about a possible opportunity and I applied.It was hard. It involved three rounds.First was a general round from HR asking about my background and the technologies I am good at and questions like if I am willing to relocate. The day after, he set up a telephonic interview and they questioned me intensively on core java and web services. They also asked my previous work experience.The following week, they scheduled a skype interview.It was the toughest I faced so far. He asked me complex application based related questions and search algorithm.He asked me to share the screen and code related to collections concepts and constructors.He did ask me HR questions on how I manage a conflict in a team and what was my toughest experience so far. A week later the HR confirmed my position.

Interview Questions

• Type your name on Google and explain a code to count the number of times, your name is displayed on the page and on the URL.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capgemini

Java Developer Interview

Interview

In general, most of the interviewers were pushy and kept interrupting me. I believe there is also a slant toward hiring Indians as most of the people that work there are Indian. In short, I was rejected.

I have since moved on from this horrible experience and work for a company much larger. Ironically, the company I currently work for uses people from Capgemini as consultants.

Even stranger - I noticed, after several months, people kept mistakenly e-mailing me (with a Capgemini e-mail address) and confusing me with someone else at my current company. After several e-mails asking them to take me off their list, they kept on sending more e-mails. I looked up their LinkedIn profiles and noticed one of the guys doing this was one of my previous interviewers at Capgemini (!!!). I think that says quite a bit about Capgemini. Talk about irony.

Interview Questions

• Standard programming questions in the phone interview. You are then asked to do some really weird presentations totally unrelated to the position.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

Job seemed promising at first, when a recruiter contacted me asking if I was interested for a job. I am a new grad and they found me through my schools employer search. The first phone interview was with a recruiter (very very basic) just talked about my previous employers and history. Set up a technical phone interview in which one of the developers proceeded to ask me vague questions about object oriented programming. Once I screwed up my first question because I didn't know how to reply his tone changed and seemed very discouraging. So it just went down hill from there.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle working with a team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Capgemini (Dallas, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

hr round and then 2 technical rounds. mostly questions were asked in j2ee and Database.
    i took them 1 month to give away the confirmation, but they gave a positive response after the interview(3rd itself)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capgemini (San Antonio, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

It was a terrible experience! First a recruiter will call you and set up a skype interview in two weeks! Initially, the recruiter will scare you about tough and challenging interviews capgemini is famous for.. and exactly the same thing happens while interviewing... I come from biomedical field and pursuing masters in bioinformatics, however, I do have 2 to 3 years of experience in java support with TCS! Height of irrelevant interview questions::

What projects did you do in java during M.S. or B.S.? How its possible even to think of java wen I am studying bio.. OMG! expression on my face..even after reading my resume they could ask me this question..
    I was expecting about What is java? method overloading? method overriding? Write a simple code in java? and PL/SQL thing? .. which were relevant to work exp. on my resume!
    That man, never asked me what is on my resume...... Well he asked me like this ===>
    What is dynamic dispatch method? ( Its a C++ or C# terminology).. which in JAVA means dynamic polymorphism..? Why can't they ask straight forward if both means and work exactly the same way but in different environments or languages... Well that was it and I got caught off guard in first question itself...
    What is RMI? .... A JSP question... I have never worked in JSP at all..
    What are virtual methods? ....again polymorphism.. but these words you won't speak in java.. so beware and read thoroughly the ORACLE tutorials for JAVA.
    How would you make connection to database without using username and password? Passing password is not secure.. how to make a connection?
    If client provides you only with HTML pages and says retrieve records through HTML pages and make a DB connection? How will you do?
    Can main method be overridden? If not how to achieve overriding of it? Can static method be overridden? (easy question was happy :))
    How to achieve multiple inheritance in java using classes and not interfaces?
    Given subclass and super class.. Which constructor is invoked? what is output? Hierarchy of constructor?

DO NOT JUST MUG UP THE 110 JAVA interview questions you will find online..Better read at least 1 java book in detail and try to answer questions logically and not just vomit out everything you have mugged up like a parrot.. 2-3 days before of your interview...if you come from non-computer science background!!!
    Answer all questions strategically.. Because If they catch you in one of your questions..they will tear you apart and cross questions' you and confuse you..

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capgemini (Pune (India)).

Interview

They mailed me about JD after I've shown interest they took further process. Scheduled interview at evening 5. Mostly they asked about design patterns. Interviewer was quite calm and understandable. Overall good experience

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capgemini (Pune (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

I had interview for Capgemini a month ago. I cleared technical round and had a HR round, in which he asked about expected salary and notice period details. I was told that I will have client evaluation round. After a day, I got mail to send my updated CV. Now, Its been a month I did not receive any update from Capgemini. After multiple follow up mails as well, there is no response from them.

This kind of response is not expected from such a MNC. With such an experience, I would never prefer to go for Capgemini interview. That was only wastage of whole day, which I could have ultilised productively.

Java Developer Interview

Interview

Please don't attend Capgemini Bangalore drives or interviews. It's just a fake drive.

Done with two technical rounds and mentioned that I selected after one week they mentioned you will get manager call. After two days again said you are not short listed. Done with so many people. Please don't attend bangalore drive go for any other location drive.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capgemini (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

Unmanaged process. Cleared first round at 10 and kept waiting till 3 for 2nd round and at the end they said we are not getting your profile.
    Interview questions. Basically depends on the interviewer you get. Some focus on basics boasting your confidence while few had a very nad attitude.

Interview Questions

• Core Java String collections(map).
      Spring inversion of control
      Different ways to create an object   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capgemini in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager contacted me via phone and asked all general information before setting a f2f interview with a technical manager. It is a traditional approach. I didn't have chance to go further so I don't know what is the next step.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer just asked basic questions about Java and related technologies.   Answer Question