J.P. Morgan Risk Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Risk Manager Interview Questions

Updated Dec 18, 2016

Risk Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2015.

Interview

phone interview - interviewer was using very standard method
One interviewer was someone I knew slightly at another company
Overall not impressed felt it was likely that they were pressured to give to internal candidates and I was just filling a time sheet for them

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

First round interview - 30 minutes interview with one Associate and 30 minutes with hiring manager. Second round interview - 30 minutes with hiring manager 's manager. 30 minutes with a VP. All through phone.Finally, senior recruiter called to ask a few more question within 30 minutes and discuss compensation and use this as a report summary to present to the hiring team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not yet happpen

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Some of the interviewers knew me from a previous job. Met several people for 30 minutes each. 3 week process from first interview to offer. I also know others at jpmc and got a positive view on the working culture.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not overly tough.

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)).

Interview

3 different steps with senior people to understand commitment and alignment: first one with a middle manager regarding general check of background and previous experience, second one more related to tasks performed and alignment with position with a senior person and third one commitment to the job offered with the head of the team. Average 1 hour per interview. Ad hoc questions to address analytical mindset and sales approach.

Interview Questions

• Could you please describe me three different approaches you had in your previous experience that will make you a good risk manager?   Answer Question
    • Are you available to move abroad after a certain period?   Answer Question
    • Tell me your approach to deal with different complex stakeholders   Answer Question
    • How do you cope with really stressful and difficult situations?   Answer Question

Risks Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in February 2008.

Interview

Four interviews spread over two months. Nothing unusual in the process, standard questions etc. After the last interview I heard nothing for several weeks and thought they weren't interested but then got phone call with offer. Communication during this period could have been better as I almost accepted a different role thinking I hadn't got this one.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unusual.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told them what I was looking for and they agreed. No negotiation.