J.P. Morgan Risk Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Risk Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2017

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Risk Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2015.

Interview

phone interview - interviewer was using very standard method
One interviewer was someone I knew slightly at another company
Overall not impressed felt it was likely that they were pressured to give to internal candidates and I was just filling a time sheet for them

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

First round interview - 30 minutes interview with one Associate and 30 minutes with hiring manager. Second round interview - 30 minutes with hiring manager 's manager. 30 minutes with a VP. All through phone.Finally, senior recruiter called to ask a few more question within 30 minutes and discuss compensation and use this as a report summary to present to the hiring team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not yet happpen

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Some of the interviewers knew me from a previous job. Met several people for 30 minutes each. 3 week process from first interview to offer. I also know others at jpmc and got a positive view on the working culture.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not overly tough.

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through employee referral and after couple of weeks, my first half hour telephonic round was scheduled in March 2017. Interview panel was good. Interview questions were related to my prior work experience and they were decent. Panel explained the Job requirement properly and allowed me to explain my work experience as well.

Though my past experience was inline to the requirement but I lost it because of over confidence, fatigue due to sleep less night and work, which got scheduled on that same day, on short notice and kept me on my toes. My mind got simply numb and nonoperational during the interview. :)
    But this shock helped me, forced me to start the studies and helped me to clear one of the biggest domain certification.

I applied again and application simply got rejected. :)

Suggestions: Always request to reschedule the interview if you are not comfortable.

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)).

Interview

3 different steps with senior people to understand commitment and alignment: first one with a middle manager regarding general check of background and previous experience, second one more related to tasks performed and alignment with position with a senior person and third one commitment to the job offered with the head of the team. Average 1 hour per interview. Ad hoc questions to address analytical mindset and sales approach.

Interview Questions

• Could you please describe me three different approaches you had in your previous experience that will make you a good risk manager?   Answer Question
    • Are you available to move abroad after a certain period?   Answer Question
    • Tell me your approach to deal with different complex stakeholders   Answer Question
    • How do you cope with really stressful and difficult situations?   Answer Question

Risks Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in February 2008.

Interview

Four interviews spread over two months. Nothing unusual in the process, standard questions etc. After the last interview I heard nothing for several weeks and thought they weren't interested but then got phone call with offer. Communication during this period could have been better as I almost accepted a different role thinking I hadn't got this one.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unusual.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told them what I was looking for and they agreed. No negotiation.