J.P. Morgan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Commercial Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

There is a two panel interview. It includes the branch manager, and the assistant manager. They ask a series of prescript-ed questions about past history, previous work scenarios, and similarities in past jobs with the current role being sought. After the questions and a review of the resume, the potential employee is taken on a tour of the branch.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were straight forward and not difficult.   3 Answers

Negotiation

Figures were thrown out, and an offer was made, and I accepted.

Computer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in January 2012.

Interview

2 interviews with 2 different people, a lot of questions about previous work, and projects previously done. Nice interviewers though and very helpful when stammering or nervous. didn't get an offer though maybe next time. Just prepare for the interview and all will be better and youll probaby get an offer

thanks

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2013.

Interview

Got the news from this company from campus job fair. I sumbitted the resume and then have a 20 minutes talk with the inteviewer, he asked me some questions about my degree (I have a ECE degree, not CS) and my academic record, and finally, some questions about basic math and programming. Received the call from their HR department about two weeks later, then have a three round onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose Chase band as your career's starting point? Do you know what we are doing? As a upon graduate student, this kind of questions really baffles me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiatable

Corporate Responsibility Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied this job on the company website and they replied after 2 weeks. We scheduled a phone interview, but it was weird that the interviewer was an intern either. We talk about job responsibility and my qualities. But most of the time was I asking questions - guess that's why I didn't make it to the next step.

Interview Questions

• what's your past experience that can be applied to this job?   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in September 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was extremely quick for this particular project. I only had 1 technical phone interview with 3 of their employees (VP, Mgr and BA) who were focused on programming techniques only.

Interview Questions

• This was one company where there were none of those nebulous questions asked. Only very specific questions concentrated on one area of technical expertise.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Working with a consulting firm, their was no negotiation. They had an upper limit and that's what was offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied for the job online and about a month later I got a call from an individual within the department who asked a bit about my background and the call ended with her asking me to come in for the interview. I went in and interviewed with 2 people at the same time. The process was seamless and nothing out of the ordinary happened. I didn't hear back for over a month and I finally got the email letting me know that I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any, they spoke and I listened. They asked about my previous experience and asked where I saw my career heading and what my goals were.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Was contacted by HR to schedule an interview with the hiring manager. Met with the hiring manager for a 1-1 interview. The manager was pleasant and professional and asked standard interview questions. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. Was subsequently contacted for 2nd and 3rd interviews to meet with staff paralegals and the Director respectively. The interviews went well.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that is directly related to this position?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Daytona Beach, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Will be called to set up interview. Interviewed in office . Straight forward questions . Lasts about 30mins , gives your tour of job. Will meet up with 3 interview participants and fill out a written portion

Paralegal I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

I submitted on online resume and then had a phone interview and 7 in-person interviews of 45 minutes to an hour each, which were broken into three rounds (three visits to their offices). There was over a month between each round and after the third round before I heard any feedback, then I got a weird form-letter rejection which appeared designed for someone who had merely submitted a resume. Not impressed by that.

Interview Questions

• "What do you know about our internal culture?"   1 Answer

Per Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Edison, NJ) in June 2007.

Interview

Initial contact was from HR rep in a 15 minute call going over resume and job description. Next was an joint interview with branch manager and another manager. Discussed career paths, job duites and functions, expectations (theirs and mine) as well as opportunities for advancement.After that was a callback from HR rep and negotiations on salary began after I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit in our organization?   1 Answer
    • What has been your biggest challenge in your career so far?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered high end of salary range by HR rep after 2nd interview. I countered with my strongest traits and with my comparable salary level at that time. They were unaware that I was previously a 1099 worker w/o benefits bu tthey eventually paid me the highest salary in the range, along with full benefits, vacation, etc.