KPMG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Boston, MA).

Interview

2 back to back 30 minute interviews, one with a manager and one with a partner. It was fairly easy as far as Big 4 interviews go. They really just want someone who can hold a conversation. It was pretty relaxed

Contract Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG in January 2017.

Interview

The first recruiter initially contacted me within 3-4 days after applying and set up a phone interview. Interview went well, disorganized communication amongst recruiters regarding next steps. The job was transferred to a different recruiter and despite follow up with disorganized with answers and next steps.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Montvale, NJ) in January 2012.

Interview

Was contacted by the recruiter and asked to set up an initial phone screen. The phone screen consisted on some basic OOPs and SQL concepts. The recruiter set up a technical 1:1 phone interview. Was contacted a week later saying that they wanted me to come by their Montvale, NJ office for two 1:3 panel interviews. The first interview was okay with some basic and some advanced ASP.NET and SQL Server and general Computer Science questions. The second interview was much more technically challenging. The questions ranged from general Computer Science concepts to very specific ASP.NET architecture.

I knew from the second interview that I had slim chances of getting through. Was told a couple of weeks later by the recruiter (by phone) that they're going with some other candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe the architecture of your ASP.NET application? Why is a DAL required?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between stack and heap? What if I initialize an object within the scope of a function?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Atlanta, GA) in November 2010.

Interview

First round was a phone interview and it went well

Got office visit, most of KPMG associates were friendly and nice. Only problem - I did not like the team that I was interviewing for.There was a partner presentation followed by 3 interviews (manager/sr Manager/Associate)

I was highly disinterested in the process because of the negative vibes and treatment by the team. Did not care at all - going into this office visit I had offers from 2 other bigger+better big4s

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Very organized and well planned interview process. More of personality fit and value driven selection process. Be confident and sell yourself well. Very friendly and candid interviewers so do not ruin your chances with nervousness!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or leave it! some lucky passenger is always ready to grab the opportunity

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

The interview began with an email from HR, followed by an phone interview and eventually I was brought into the office for two 1 on 1 interviews with partners of the firm. I was given very positive feedback from the interviewers via HR. The interviews went well, however the responsiblities of the role had changed since I had applied to the job. The process was rather quick, and KPMG tried to meet my needs and make it as quick as they could.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in August 2008.

Interview

Met the HR recruiting team at the campus career fair and was called back for a second round of interviews on campus. The second of round of interviews consists of talking to HR and a manger from your prospective group. The third round of interviews is on site at the KPMG office and is a formality - don't screw up and you have a job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation was allowed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with KPMG for an Associate position in their dispute advisory group. The process was very unprofessional and I was constantly left without any callback or answer from KPMG. I initially had a phone interview with an HR Director that went well, so another phone interview was set up with a Managing Director. I never got a phone call at the specified time. I called the HR Director and she told me that the Managing Director had forgotten about me and was on a business trip. She says that she will reschedule. A MONTH later she calls me and sets up an in-person interview with 2 individuals and a lunch. The in person interview goes great. A week later, I email all 4 people I met with and not one returned my email. The HR Director didn't return my voicemail, either. It is 7 months after that interview now and I have yet to hear from anyone KPMG. This is a premier accounting firm?

Interview Questions

• What would your coworkers say is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Initially contacted by a recruiter after a friend submitted my resume to HR. Had an hour long interview. Contacted the next day to set up an onsite interview. The onsite consisted of two 1:1's both behavioral in nature (Describe a time when...). One was with a partner, which was slightly stressful. Definitely more difficult than the phone interview but not the worst thing I have ever been through. Was contacted about a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you when were on a high stress project, what did you struggle with and what did you excel in?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you had to demonstrate leadership to motivate a group to perform a task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in April 2008.

Interview

very friendly, personality oriented, and very encouraging. Went through my resume, told me i was doing great (in terms of getting MBA), as well as supported my plan to get CPA license.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

set salary, coming out of college

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Columbus, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

Being from a small school where Big 4 accounting firms do not actively recruit at, I had to be proactive and contact KPMG through my own channels of emailing the HR director and sending my resume to the MOP. Once I was accepted for an interview, KPMG paid for my milage to come and interview in the office. I met one on one with 3 Managers, spending about 30 minutes with each one. Once that round of interviewing was over, I got another call about 2 weeks later to come in and interview again. This interview was very similiar to the last round, except this time I met with Senior Managers. After the interview I recieved a call about a week later stating they were offering me a job. They gave me one week to accept or decline.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me what your biggest weakness is.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was relitively straight forward. The company sent you an offer letter and if you had other offers on the table you could try to negiotate your compensation up. Compensation was well above any of the other offers I had recieved, so I personally accepted my contract as is.