KPMG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Boston, MA).

Interview

2 back to back 30 minute interviews, one with a manager and one with a partner. It was fairly easy as far as Big 4 interviews go. They really just want someone who can hold a conversation. It was pretty relaxed

Contract Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG in January 2017.

Interview

The first recruiter initially contacted me within 3-4 days after applying and set up a phone interview. Interview went well, disorganized communication amongst recruiters regarding next steps. The job was transferred to a different recruiter and despite follow up with disorganized with answers and next steps.

Contract Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

After applying online, a highly tenured KPMG recruiter reached out to me and requested my thoughts on the position requirements. After providing him with an addendum, he requested
    the initial phone screen, Coordinating the time was a challenge, as he proposed a couple of days/times and then was non-responsive even after the first day that he listed had elapsed! Complicating matters was the fact that I received an out of office message from him 12 hours after every response, which was odd. He finally responded (via email) after I left him a voice mail, and the initial phone screen was conducted.

When I asked about next steps during our call, the recruiter indicated that I'd be speaking with "lots of people" before a hiring decision was made; however, I never heard from him again, nor did I receive any rejection correspondence. About four weeks later I sent him a quick follow-up email and he indicated that he'd "been tracking our roles and nothing appropriate has arisen to date," which made it seem as though he'd forgotten about our discussion altogether.

A closer look at the interviewer's LI profile revealed that he was specialized in Inclusion & Diversity, so the though occurred to me that the interview might've only occurred because I'm a disabled individual, which I indicated on my application. Obviously I can't prove this, but the ensuing radio silence and his pithy response to my update request was suspicious enough for me.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

There were a lot of different steps to the interview process and many people that I had to go through. I also didn't have much of an idea of the actual position that I was applying for until I got my formal offer.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

There was a telephone screen and information call before they get back to you. If they like you, they will set up a telephone interview which contains a case. Thy then evaluate and set up a time for you to come into the office and do two in-person interviews, one with a case and another behavioral. They then evaluate and extend offers. Overall, a very pleasing and efficient experience.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Sacramento, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

I had a couple phone calls and then was flown our for a final round interview with four directors and one partner. Once I had a final interview with the company, they reached out 2 weeks later to offer me the Associate role. Following the offer, I spent a 1 week in negotiations with the recruiting lead, and finally started the role an additional 3 weeks following that time period.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were confronted with a problem while leading a team? Mostly behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I went back and forth with their national recruiter while negotiating salary and signing bonus.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Pre-interview followed by on campus interview and super day at office. I applied through my university and got an email saying I have an interview. Very professional and got to see the office. They offered everyone to stay at a 5 star hotel and good food.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

My friend referral me this position, after I submitted the application,I have a phone interview with manager, manager was nice, and another phone interview from the team member, she also very nice. They ask me if I can work as intern other than full time.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Everyone is nice and the conversation is relaxing. I was asked by several tech questions and most parts are about my past experience, previous projects, etc...the nyc office locates on park ave and has a nice view.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by a follow up phone interview followed by super day. The process was easy and well orchestrated by recruiting teams and HR. Ensuring that I knew each aspect of the processes within their recruitment spectrum.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Great internment. Asked tough but pertinent questions to the position, though no technical accounting questions. You meet directly with the directors you would be working with so it's a great way to get a feel for the fun and intelligent people you will be working for and with. There is definitely a lot of interaction with partners in the group and you are able to be proactive and take on a lot of responsibility. The group encourages you to work hard and be vocal about what you want in your career and does their best to usher you in that direction.

Interview Questions

• What was an instance where you had to work under great pressure? How did you deal with it?   Answer Question