Kohl's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,828 Interview Reviews

2.1

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email invitation to interview. The interview was very straightforward. I had two interviews back to back, and was given a worksheet to fill out my availability. The next evening I received my offer letter and forms in an email. I accepted and another week later I received an email for a link to choose an orientation date.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Kohl's?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Upland, CA

Interview

It was a group interview with me and two other people. It was fairly quick, it only took about 30 mins. The questions were easy and the manger was very friendly.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a email to set up a interview. Went in and was asked basic questions and was told to wait for a offer letter through email in the next 3-5 days

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

The process is super easy, asked me a few questions about my previous job. Then went over what a beauty advisor does went over pay and filled out my availability

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I found the interview process to be fairly quick and simple. The interview took place at the store and I was hired on the same day immediately following the interview.

POS Interview

Interview

Very easy interview. Did not ask any hard questions. Was an enjoyable and easy going interview. Very informal and casual. Heard back within the next three days of whether i got the job or not, and they notify by email.

Interview Questions

• asked about customer service experience   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Group interview with very easy questions about providing customer service. The group interview lasted about half an hour and they also provided a quick tour of the store. Some behavioral questions included. Heard back one or two days later by phone and accepted the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you helped provide a great customer experience.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I applied online. I was emailed to set up an interview time. It was a group interview, but we didn't answer any questions. Just filled out paperwork of our availability. Then the hiring manager took us aside and confirmed with us one on one about our availability and went over the pay rate we would be hired at. A few days later I got an email with some more forms to fill out involving background check and drug test consent forms. I never heard back from them after sending in the forms.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to work on Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Franklin, IN) in December 2017.

Interview

I was exactly on time. But then I was kept waiting until two other potential new hires arrived for a group interview. It was FIFTEEN MINUTES before the manager started the interview. Before it started, a different manager approached me and started to sell me a credit card. What? She knew I was there for an interview but kept shoving the credit card down my throat. What a turn off! I wasn't interested, I politely let her know, but she kept pushing it.

Only one of the other two people bothered to show up for the interview. I decided to be honest: I did not want to work nights and I didn't mind Saturday and the occasional Sunday. The manager stated that she had morning openings. I didn't think it was a big deal--I was applying for part-time work.

Even though I nailed the interview, I guess she didn't like that I would prefer not to work in the middle of the night when they are open 24 hours before Christmas. TWENTY FOUR HOURS. Who the heck needs to shop at Kohl's in the middle of the night?

No one.

From being bombarded with credit card info to the wait before the interview to being told they could use someone with my hours and then apparently NOT needing morning people (I have great past experience), I would not recommend applying here. If this is the way they treat someone applying, what do they do to people who actually work there?!?!

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite part of working in retail?   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menomonee Falls, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Menomonee Falls, WI).

Interview

Multiple group Interviews with managers and directors. Process went fairly quickly and the response was within a week as to the next steps. It was a little intimidating going to the corporate offices as there are over 4500 people there, but the entire process went smoothly.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I applied online then got an email to set up an interview. It was a quick group interview with two other people including me. The interviewer asked about two questions each and we were asked to introduce ourselves at the beginning of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult situation.   Answer Question