Kohl's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,608 Interview Reviews

2.1

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email invitation to interview. The interview was very straightforward. I had two interviews back to back, and was given a worksheet to fill out my availability. The next evening I received my offer letter and forms in an email. I accepted and another week later I received an email for a link to choose an orientation date.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Kohl's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Interview

Applied online received email for interview 2 days later, went in the next week. The man was very nice, but made it seem like I got the job even though I didnt.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at kohl's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Beaumont, TX).

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple. I was contacted a few days after applying and interviewed with Assistant Store Manager . I was asked questions about work background, availability, and ability to perform job functions. I was hired the next day. Started the following week.

Interview Questions

• Am I available to perform the duties required for position?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a email to set up a interview. Went in and was asked basic questions and was told to wait for a offer letter through email in the next 3-5 days

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

It was a group interview with two other applicants. We each got a turn to answer the question. The interviewer picked the order so nobody had to answer first every time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email within a few days to schedule an interview. I scheduled my interview online, and arrived about a little less than 10 minutes early (the email prompts you to arrive 5 minutes early).

Manager came right out, was friendly, and the interview was one on one.

It was a very traditional interview, just Q&A without too much in-between conversation. The questions he was asking were off of a sheet, and he was writing down all of my responses, so there was a bit of awkwardness in the silence after each question while he wrote, but as long as you smile, relax, and be yourself it isn't too bad.

I asked about the pay and when I would expect to hear back, and he said a few days, but it took a week before receiving an email saying that I was offered a position.

Area Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Albany, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Chose interview time via online form. Email said to go to customer service to check in, no actual CS desk. Could not find offices (they were in hall with bathroom). First impression: Store messy. Told position I applied for was filled, offered PT sales :/

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when something went very wrong on the job and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pueblo, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Pueblo, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I got a request to interview 2 days after I applied. I waited in the employee lounge for the interviewer, she was about 15 minutes late. The manager was pleasant and the interview was relaxed. I received an offer within 24 hours after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a situation where multiple customers were asking for your assistance   Answer Question
    • Can you handle a fast paced environment?   Answer Question
    • Describe a high pressure situation where you were asked to assist multiple people in a fast pace   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

The made me travel for one hour 20 minutes to get to them then when I got there they had me standing up outside for like 20 minuets the manager come and ask if I wanted to sit inside I said yes anyway he was the one who was to interview me but instead he’s there eating then put some lady who is not a manager to interview and she did asked no questions really all she asked is where I worked before that’s it while I was in the room with her manager and other employees were outside keep a lot of noise they were so disorganized my interview was 1:30 pm them called me in until 2:00pm

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2017.

Interview

Very good ask mostly standard questions, upbeat and professional. Has a series of questions to ask and may put you in positions where they are in higher need of. Will definitely need to be confident in your your interview

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Riverside, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (North Riverside, IL).

Interview

I filled out the application on line got a call within a week, and then went in for the interview with about 20 other people , about 4 of us got hired