Kohl's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,003 Interview Reviews

2.1

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email invitation to interview. The interview was very straightforward. I had two interviews back to back, and was given a worksheet to fill out my availability. The next evening I received my offer letter and forms in an email. I accepted and another week later I received an email for a link to choose an orientation date.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Kohl's?   3 Answers

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

After the application, they responded the next day to set up an interview. Very easy interview and was offered the position right there on the spot. They were very basic questions in the interview and was interviewed by one of the supervisors.

Merchandising Interview

Interview

For second round, they took us on a "tour" of Milwaukee. Basically we went on a bus while it drove around and we were expected to know what we were passing based on a list they gave us. There was no instruction on what we were passing, even though one of those places was where we would live if we got the internship. I would've liked a little heads up into what I would be signing up for. After a dinner with some of the employees, we returned to the hotel. The next day we had the interview and a tour of the building.

Anonymous Employee in Glendora, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Glendora, CA).

Interview

I applied online for a seasonal position. A week later went in for a group interview. A couple days later I accepted the offer and went in for a group training process.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle multiple customers at once?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

friendly - met with a hiring manager who was very professional and polite. The work environment seems very collegial and open to diversity. I applied online and then was asked a range of questions by the manager. None of the questions were out of the box or inappropriate. The whole process took about an hour and then I was offered a job on the spot

Interview Questions

• typical - where do you see yourself in ten years   1 Answer

Point of Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (South Burlington, VT) in May 2018.

Interview

They have an interview with you that takes approximately 30 min, they will ask you some simple questions and then email you within a week with a job offer or to let you know that you haven’t been chosen for the job.

Anonymous Employee in Walton, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Walton, KY) in May 2018.

Interview

The hiring manager wanted to make the interview process more of a conversation. This made me fell completely comfortable and feel like she wanted to get to know who I was as a potential employee. Over all she was happy with my responses and communicated that to me, which made me feel my potential for the position was going to exceed expectations.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manger asked about my Availability. Also if I was seeking a career rather then a short term position, of my interest were to grow in the company. Also the hiring manager asked about my views on how I felt about employees missing shifts   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate, Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got an email invitation to interview a couple of days later. I interviewed the following week. The manager was very friendly and the interview was very conversational and quick. They obviously want to hire good workers, but they also want to know that you're personable.

Interview Questions

• When you are given multiple tasks, do you usually start with the easy tasks or difficult tasks first?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

It was a group interview so it wasn't as nerve wrecking but overall the interview itself was good. The surroundings and vibes of the store were chill. Basic interview question. Background check no drug test for me it was a seasonal not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Sales Associate WMJM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Lakeland, FL).

Interview

I applied to be a cashier but based on my experience I was switched to Sales Associate. I was interviewed by the manager of the WMJM dept. Was offered the position. Background check can take a while and received my orientation date via email.

Interview Questions

• When did you go above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate, Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Riverside, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied at 3 am on a Friday and received an email that I had gotten and interview within the same day. It was all so fast. I did the interview and everything went well. Despite feeling like I was gonna get the job, I didn’t.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Kohl’s?   Answer Question
    • If you were in the middle of helping a customer, and another customer asks for help, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question