Kohl's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email invitation to interview. The interview was very straightforward. I had two interviews back to back, and was given a worksheet to fill out my availability. The next evening I received my offer letter and forms in an email. I accepted and another week later I received an email for a link to choose an orientation date.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Kohl's?   7 Answers

Part Time Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Missouri City, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Missouri City, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I waited 35 minutes from the appointed time of my interview before I was met by the manager. While waiting, I saw him enter and exit the restroom and also cruise the floor without ever stopping in to let me know he would be with me shortly.

Interview Questions

• How did I see my work performance and work ethic in relation to coworkers at my current position - was I a better employee than most of my coworkers and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none, other than I negotiated to work two ten hour shift each Saturday and Sunday, and that I would need two weekends off in a row each quarter to accommodate my schedule with my full time employer.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Orlando, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I walked to the back of the store where the employee lounge is located. I asked the customer service lady where the interview was and she told me to wait there. The assistant store manager came out to greet me and we went to her office. She asked a few of the normal questions and since I'm a student (college town) she asked about school and how my schedule would be affected. After the interview, she said she was going to go talk to the store manager. I could hear her talking about me and less than a minute later I was ushered into his office. He was much more relaxed and talked more about personal matters than interview questions. He must have liked my answers because I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer that became agitated and started yelling at you?   1 Answer

POA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Akron, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

I was the only one who showed up. They asked me how I would sell a kids book. The manager was very friendly and I had no problem talking to them.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable asking people to sign up for credit cards?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

simple interview. how do you handle certain situations and how do you deal with them. You cant really fail this interview to be honest. simple and easy. Pay wont be all that tho. simple cashier shift.

Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Bowie, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

Process took about 2 weeks. Applied online and had an in-person interview at the store. Was asked about previous work experience as well as communication skills. The interview concluded with filling out on-boarding forms.

Interview Questions

• will you be willing to coerce customers into applying for Kohl's credit cards?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Millbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Millbury, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

One-on-one interview
    Took 20-30 minutes
    Simple, calm, and easy
    Asked a lot about credits
    Relatively fast for a retail store
    Apply online and have an in store interview
    Generally nice about the interview
    Quite easy

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about availability, how I would deal with customers, and asked a lot about if I was comfortable to get credits or not. They care a lot (too much) about credit, so be prepared to be pushed on that.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kohl's (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied in store, was called in for a quick interview before being hired. Easy process, filled out form and was contacted by phone to set up an interview in the store.

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Ames, IA) in January 2013.

Interview

Kohl's was opening a new store in my town. I learned about the job via snagajob.com and applied. The application included a quiz with scenarios regarding interactions with customers. My interview began with filling out paper work. Then, I was called into a group interview with approximately 15 interviewees and 2 interviewers. A couple of days after the interview I received a call offering me the position and starting pay.

Interview Questions

• What have your previous experiences taught you about customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview is usually in a group setting. Straight to the point questions. Interviewer is more so concerned with hours of availability and work experience. Great entry level job for high schoolers.

Interview Questions

• What are your hours of availability?   1 Answer
    • What is a valid reason for missing work?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any experience in customer service?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Mount Prospect, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Mount Prospect, IL).

Interview

The hiring process was very easy and short. I got a call back for an interview the day after i applied. And got offered a position with in five minutes. The orientation was right away as well 3 days later and started working right away. Although they agreed to give me a floor position during the interview they through me on the register anyway because i had a "good smile". They also did not really train me, when i started or when they threw me in jewelry with a bunch of diamonds.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with convincing people to open up charge cards on the front line?   1 Answer