Nordstrom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018
3,051 Interview Reviews

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

First I was set up for a phone interview than an in person interview with human resources and then with the manager of the department or departments. The manager interview can take place a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you did not meet your sales quota for the week?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Met an assistant manager of the department for lunch in the Nordstrom cafe. We had a conversation discussing my interests in sales, shoes, and life outside of work. It was a relatively easy going interview and my interviewer was someone I ended up learning a lot from in my time at the company

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Nordstrom?   2 Answers

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Easy interview, basically what you would expect from any interview. Your manager interviews you and hires you. After interviewing you are taken on a tour and then my manager offered me the job that day.

Retail Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The process was very simple. I applied online, I received an email to have a face to face interview with them with set dates to choose from, two weeks later I went into a room with several department managers and a week later was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to take leadership and the outcome.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I applied online (for kids apparel and shoes). I got an e-mail the next day saying to make an appointment online for a phone interview. Once I set it, I got a call on the day I set it, and it lasted about 10-15 minutes. Fairly easy. Then, the woman on the phone set me up for an in-person interview. I went and was interviewed by the manager. She asked lots of interview questions, and then brought me to the floor of where I would be working to show me around. There, she asked me questions as if she was a customer and I picked out an outfit for her. The interview ended after that and I got a call back about a week later saying that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond for someone/a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Applied online, was contacted quickly to set up a phone pre-screen. Scheduled phone call for the next day, which revolved around availability, preference for a department and scheduling the in-person interview, which followed shortly. The atmosphere in the interview was very nice, and I felt welcomed by all employees. It started out with a general introduction about myself, why I would be qualified for the position and then some case questions about how I would react in a certain retail setting. Afterwards, some selling drills followed. I was given a scenario on what kind of customer would be coming in, and then had to play out the sales conversation and pull items I would offer to the customer. It was the longest interview I had ever had for a retail job, but we also received a lot of information about the company, their values and this specific store while we were there, which was nice.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you did not reach your sales target?   Answer Question

Salesperson Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Interview was fine until they kept trying to get me to say something to make me look bad...they wanted me to talk about a time I failed. Who wants to sound like a loser? All my stories have a positive spin to them, where I had a problem, but fixed it, overcame obstacles, etc. and they weren't satisfied with that, asking repeatedly for more negative stories - it got awkward, like nothing I said would please them.
    - I didn't hear back from them for 3+ weeks after interview. I figured that's why I didn't get the job. Eventually, after many calls and thank you notes trying to chase them down, I managed to get the offer. But I was ready to take a different job at that point, almost didn't say yes.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Arcadia, CA).

Interview

She offer me a job and want me to work woman work out apparel department. That Department is very slow how you going to make money with commissions . I declined an offer . Bewear when u applied ask them first what Department u have available?

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

My first and only interview was with the senior recruiter. At the end of the interview she said she would schedule my interview with the hiring managers for the next week. Weeks passed by, even 2 months but I did not hear from her even after repeated emails and phone calls.
    As a senior recruiter its your duty to inform the applicants of the status. Rejection is not as bad as waiting endlessly for someone to respond.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were about my previous work experiences   1 Answer

Retail Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (New York, NY).

Interview

It was straight forward, but have to sell clothes. You pick something out on the floor and have to make sure they like it along with selling it! Fun, but hard at the same time. Have an idea ahead of time.