Nordstrom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017
2,902 Interview Reviews

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Met an assistant manager of the department for lunch in the Nordstrom cafe. We had a conversation discussing my interests in sales, shoes, and life outside of work. It was a relatively easy going interview and my interviewer was someone I ended up learning a lot from in my time at the company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

First I was set up for a phone interview than an in person interview with human resources and then with the manager of the department or departments. The manager interview can take place a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you did not meet your sales quota for the week?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Beachwood, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Beachwood, OH).

Interview

I got a and did a brief three question interview on the phone. I was told i qualified for an in person . I got an email with my time and location. Many people were there. I was interviewed by the assistant manager for the women's dept. It went well. She was friendly and informative. I got called a week later as promised and I got thejob.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict with a .customer and how did you resolvr it?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Brief interview with an HR person from the location where they asked situational and behavioural questions on dealing with customers. Asked questions like would you sell me this item and convincing customers to buy the item.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I had four interviews total. One brief one on the phone, then a week later I met with a hiring manager for about half an hour, a few days later I met with the cosmetics department manager for an hour and my final interview was with the account manager and counter manager for the brand I applied for. I very much enjoyed the conversations I had with these people and I walked away from each one feeling better than when I walked in. They were very prompt about setting up and executing the interviews. The only negative part of the interview process for me was how prolonged it was. All in all, I spent about 2 and a half hours being interviewed. I appreciate thoroughness, and that was really the only complaint I had about the process.

Visual Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I first had a phone interview, we talked for about 20 minutes and it was basically her describing the job. She then asked if I would like to schedule an in person interview. I went in a few weeks later for the in person and it was a panel of 3 people(2 VM Managers and the district visual director) I was also with 3 other interviewees. The interview wasn't bad, pretty simple questions and having 3 other people gave each of us time to think of a good answer. After that they have you wait in a room where they then call each in one by one. During this they will either thank you for your interview and you will hear back(means you didn't get it, most likely) or they will tell you that you are going to the second round. The second round they give you a trend board and you have to go to a department and select 3 outfits that reflect the trends given. You only have 20 minutes. They will then take a photo and review it. They don't review it with you but this is just to see if you can style outfits. That is basically the whole interview and all together it took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite designers?   1 Answer
    • What do you think Visual Merchandising is about?   1 Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

Application.. Over the phone interview.. Assessment... Virtual Interview.. I got to the third virtual interview and I read online that basically if you make it that far you have the job. That wasn't the case for me :( Not sure where I went wrong in the virtual interview but I didn't think it was fair for the simple fact that the interviewer could see me and I couldn't see her. She said her connection was slow all day. *shrugs* I'll try again next time.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions, what do you know about the company.. pay attention to the assessment (multitasking),   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied on their website, few days later they sent me an email to make an appointment for a phone interview..
    the interview took 10 minutes, very easy and she liked me so make an appointment to meet in person.. so I am waiting for the day

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied online, got a phone interview, then an in person interview with the manager of the department I applied to. Everyone was super nice! The training was extensive which was super nice since all the new hires were prepared their first day.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL).

Interview

When first applying you go through online and take a very long personality quiz but once you are in the company almost everything is word of mouth and recommendations.

Interview Questions

• Name one way you've gone above and beyond for a client   1 Answer