Nordstrom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2018
3,159 Interview Reviews

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

First I was set up for a phone interview than an in person interview with human resources and then with the manager of the department or departments. The manager interview can take place a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you did not meet your sales quota for the week?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Interviewed with the Manager of the department I had applied for. He was polite and friendly and it was a very standard interview. No trick questions or anything like that--just trying to get a feel for your interpersonal skills and ability to problem solve

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Phone interview by HR, took about 30 minutes. General behavior questions, then asked if I know coding in python, statistical data analysis, tableau, and if I have any industry-related project experience.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Centennial, CO) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied for a sales associate position online and someone from HR called me a few days later for a phone screen. She asked me if I could come in for an in-person interview on 4/12/18 at 2 pm. I arrived for the interview 15 minutes early and followed their instructions and waited by the customer elevator outside of HR on the 3rd floor. 2 pm rolls around and no one showed up to meet me. 10 minutes later on of their associates walked by and I asked her for assistance so she went to the office and let them know I was there. 20 more minutes roll by so I called the phone number in my confirmation email and got a voicemail. I left a message stating I was waiting by the elevator, per their instructions, and no one ever bothered to come out. I ended up leaving at 2:45 pm. I have never been do disrespected or humiliated by any other company during the interview process. How unprofessional can you get?? I responded to their interview confirmation email what had happened and that i deserved an explanation as to why they wasted my time and NO ONE has ever bothered to reach out or respond to me.

Accessories Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

After I applied on their website, I got a reply from them within a couple hours requesting a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty short, maybe lasting 10 minutes or less. It was a simple interview. I was just briefly asked about my experience and availability. They moved me on to the in person interview in that same call. The in person interview happened 4 days later. They were super nice to me, all the employees were welcoming and encouraging. I originally applied for the Bobbi Brown Cosmetics Artistry position, but the cosmetics manager was very transparent with me and said there were only 11 hours per week available for that position, and the other cosmetics departments were management positions. She told me that she could see me working there, so she asked me if I would be interested in any other departments, and I requested accessories. The accessories manager was very nice and walked me through the accessories department and explained the position to me, and then had me to a sales drill. She had me pick an item of my choice to sell to her, and also have me try to overcome an objection. After a few more questions, she asked me if I would like to work there, and hired me on the spot. Overall, it was a good interview experience and I legitimately am excited to begin working here just based off of how friendly everyone was.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about Nordstrom?   Answer Question
    • What kind of challenge did you receive in the past that you worked as a team with to achieve and exceed your goal?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Nordstrom?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Pretty easy interview for seasonal holiday work. Group interview with typical scenario questions. Lasted maybe an hour/hour and a half. Accepted the offer afterwards & was brought on after the holidays full time.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Applied online, was contacted quickly to set up a phone pre-screen. Scheduled phone call for the next day, which revolved around availability, preference for a department and scheduling the in-person interview, which followed shortly. The atmosphere in the interview was very nice, and I felt welcomed by all employees. It started out with a general introduction about myself, why I would be qualified for the position and then some case questions about how I would react in a certain retail setting. Afterwards, some selling drills followed. I was given a scenario on what kind of customer would be coming in, and then had to play out the sales conversation and pull items I would offer to the customer. It was the longest interview I had ever had for a retail job, but we also received a lot of information about the company, their values and this specific store while we were there, which was nice.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you did not reach your sales target?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy. I applied online and received an email the next day to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was quick (10 mins or so) and relaxed. During the phone interview I was scheduled for an in person interview that was set up for the following week.

Retail Management Internhsip Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (King of Prussia, PA) in April 2018.

Interview

I first went in for an interview where the i was asked a bunch of behavior questions and then took to the selling floor to sell an item to the woman i was interviewing. I was asked back for a group interview but I have not gone yet

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

-Quick
    -Easy
    -Immediate response time
    Overall, you apply online. After that, within days, you get a call from their HR personal, in the beginning they were incredibly nice and easy to work with. Towards the end of the application process-they didn't seem to give good enough feedback as to why I didn't get the job.