Nordstrom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,690 Interview Reviews

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. You basically have a phone interview with HR, who then brings you in to meet them, the department manager and maybe the store manager. I was hired on the spot, so it went pretty smooth.

HQ - Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I applied online and a phone screen was arranged. I believe it was your typical recruiter phone screen with information about Nordstrom as as well as information about my past experience.

I believe I was then arranged to have a phone screen with my potential supervisor. They had more technical questions regarding tools, data, more exact questions about experience, and scenario-based questions. The usual.

I was then invited in for a series of 4 or 5 interviews, each lasting about 45 minutes to 1 hour or so, if I recall correctly.

It was fine, basically they repeated questions from the phone screen with my potential supervisor but with switched up answers more centered on the particular employee I was talking with and I got more specific with my potential supervisor regarding particular questions and we dove a bit deeper.

In general, I wasn't very impressed with most of the team there. Maybe it was just a culture thing or a Seattle Freeze thing. I dunno. I left with a bad taste in my mouth and wasn't really hoping to get the job towards the end.

Interview Questions

• What's an example of a campaign that went astray? How did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

BP Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

A quick phone interview was the first step in the interview process from HR in Seattle. The woman interviewing me was very friendly and knowledgable about the company. Very relaxed feel.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you handled a difficult situation a customer   Answer Question

Interview

I applied for the position and received a call from the HR department for the specific store I applied to. We set up a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was about 15 minutes long. I then got a second interview with the department manager face-to-face. A day after the interview the manager called and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• what is your customer service experience   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I was recommended for the job by other leaders in the company. HR reached out to me from my sales role and connected me with the department manager with the open assistant role. Interviewed over the phone briefly, then in person. I was offered the job a few days later.

Management Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Burlington, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

There were 5 managers at a table who interviewed me. They were all extremely friendly and nice and assured me whenever I stumbled or wasn't sure about how to answer a question that I was doing great and rephrased for me. It was a great experience for me!

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you set a goal and didn't reach it?   Answer Question

Retail Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was interviewed by two people they were extremely nice and enjoyed looking through my work and discussing my current job. They would start by asking one question that seemed simple to answer and then dig deeper which made the next couple of question a little more difficult. All in all a great experience

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

The interview process was very friendly and easy. I was interviewed by the department manager and she was awesome! I interviewed for a position as a cashier and she offered me a job as a salesperson instead, and I accepted.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter. Didn't talk with her till one month later. Phone interviewed by manager and a couple of devs. On the phone interview, the manager didn't talk much and devs were asking some tech questions. At the end, the manager hinted that unfortunately he was looking for a senior engineer who can guide and lead. I thought I'd just move on. However, later on I was scheduled for an on-site interview for a few rounds. After lunch, a senior engineer interviewed me with a list of questions even without a copy of my resume, and he said it should be a stress free interview. (What does that mean? ) A couple of engineers didn't have a copy of my resume at all. After each round, the manager huddled with the interviewers in a separate room. At the end of the day, the recruiter and the manager came in and asked if I had any questions. After a few minutes, the manager shook my hand and said thanks for coming in. I left right away with the recruiter. I felt I must have been interviewed as a filler. It happened before with other employers from what I heard.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom in March 2017.

Interview

Most of the questions were pretty general for an interview process things about how you would deal when it's slow how you would keep customers , if I ever had experience leading a team, the only question that I would say kind of stumped me was they asked what I could teach them and I wanted to be diplomatic about it but that was kind of a tough question most of the other questions were just general one negative thing was that the lady that called me and said would meet with me sent me to someone else so I didn't get to meet the person I thought I was going to interview with, and then when they called to tell me they hired a different candidate that was a better fit for the company it was neither of those ladies, so I thought that was that was a bit cowardly on their part, I'm a beautiful woman I have the credentials I have the demeanor and I felt rocked the interview but I may not be a good fit for them because I am a worldly woman I have World travels and I have experience with many cultures and many languages I speak many languages, so perhaps I was intimidating I think a 20 year old that's hiring me when I'm in my fifties is a bit silly, just my feminine intuition and my two cents for what it's worth. Another thing is that this particular Nordstrom is in the middle of a transition the lady that I was supposed to meet with didn't meet with me and then they said she was transferring out of Cosmetics into jewelry so I think they're going through a whole big transition right now and it's a bit unorganized, with that being said they were kind and respectful and appropriate.