Oracle Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (Bedford, MA).

Interview

Talked to a recruiter, never heard from them again. Thought it went well, she asked me what year I graduated college which was 1989..that was the end of it...illegal question to boot!!

Interview Questions

• Basic Qualifications which I had all of them.

What year did you graduate college..do you remember? Yes that is exactly how it was asked

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

2 Technical Rounds
    1managerial
    1Director Round
    If you clear Technical its almost Done
    Prepare well on all DB topics but it will be completely dependent on the team who is recruiting you

They will cover almost all internals of the Architecture

Interview Questions

• Mostly on all the DB topics they cover
      Everything technical
      If you clear Technical its almost Done

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Initially a phone screen by recruiter then a phone interview. I had 4 1 to 1 interviews onsite. 3 technical round and 1 behavioral. Not very tough. At the end of the process I talked with the hiring manager and he says the work is in a complete different language than which I was interested. I had already stated my interest and this was dissapointing

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Seattle, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

I submit via Linkedin. After taking to recruiter, I had phone screen. It's all about basic questions and some coding exercise. Then I did onsite after two weeks. Interviewed with 5 people from different groups. All nice people. Each 1:1 took an hour. Fundamental algorithms/coding questions. Design question is quite open.

Interview Questions

• Questions on BST, Scheduling, String operations and system design.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone call with hiring manager. 1 Phone interview and later 4 rounds of 1 hour each onsite. Interview questions a mixed bag of Data Structures , Algorithms and Behavioral. Asked questions from previous experiences from the CV.

Interview Questions

• Travelling Salesman problem , Discussion of trees / Graphs and their implementation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oracle (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

the interview process took three phone interviews. The first one is from the hiring manager, who asked about a few distributed system question. The second and the third ones are all from engineers. The hiring manager asks high level questions, the engineers asks very details coding. Overall the process is professional, but my background is not fit their requirements

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Submitted through internal referral. Target school+high GPA (3.9+). Direct onsite interview. Before the interview, recruiter provides some teams to select and rank. On the onsite interview, talked to different managers in different teams. All questions are simple and standard. Got an offer the second business day.

The recruiter is very responsible and efficient. The overall experience is very positive.

Interview Questions

Got a few offer with higher compensation and better match to my background.

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Oracle (Foster City, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Company was acquired, the transition was extremely smooth aside from large turn over of original employees and upper management of old company was overhauled. But that was to be expected.

Interview Questions

• They asked if people were comfortable with their company being acquired, sent multiple resources out to our company to ensure everyone was satisfied with the transition.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

The hiring process was smooth, 1 phone interview with hiring manager, followed by three phonic interview with multiple people across the globe and then on-site interview. Most of the interview was focused around my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Took 2 weeks +. first had a phone screen with the Senior Project Manager. IT was strait fwd and std java questions. Called for inperson interview. Lasted for 4.5 hrs. Meet more than 7 people of the team. Most of them went well except one lady. she seemed to be rude and interrupted almost every time. Very annoying.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all java related:
      1) static in java
      6) collection related questions. Problem related to hashmap
      7) sql queries on outer join and inner join
      8) rest web service problem
      9) tic tac toe problem
      thats most of them i remember.