Oracle Principal Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle Principal Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Jose, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for the Job through Online. The recruiter scheduled a Telephonic interview which lasted for nearly 1 hour. By next week they called for in-person interview. There were total 4 1:1 interviews each 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Basic Java Script questions.
    - Use strict
    - Javascript objects
    - Jquery noconflict
    - Jquery event bubling
    Answer Question
    Answer Question
  • SOA Related questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The first question was graph's k coloring, which was difficult and didn't prepare for it. Answered using recursive to solve and asked the interviewer a few questions to clarify the problem. Tried but didn't complete the solution.

Interview Questions

• Giving m color, find whether it can coloring the graph with n vertex.   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Had an initial phone interview and then an on sight interview with about 5 people. Questions were typical of a big software company, analytical problems, design problems, and general exploration of skills.

Interview Questions

• Implement a phone book that works with minimal memory and allows fast lookup.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Simple, I gave them a number that was 25% higher than what I made at my current company and they agreed.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

It was an internal promotion. Interview was informal. Eligibility was based on results of performance review. It had to be at least a 4, preferably a 5 on the overall rating scale (out of 5).

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Get a chance to directly contact the hiring manager and then a telephone interview. The telephone interview is a combination of technical and HR questions. Next one day onsite interview -- all are technical questions and describing past projects.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Follow regular process (phone screening by manager, face2face interview with senior engineers and director). They asked questions mostly in the resume, the outcome was good, got hire after 1 week

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle in October 2013.

Interview

There wasn't a technical interview. If you got to that interview and you are not completely socially inept, you have a job. It was very easy. Too easy. It wasn't until seeing the type of job I'm doing that I understand why. There really is no need to be smart, this is just a day job, nothing more.

Negotiation

No negotiation, base pay for all new college hires

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

It was a college recruit. I flew to the headquarters for the only round of interview.
    A day long interview with 5 different groups, a mix of technical and behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

I had 2 phone interview. 1st with my Manager about my expertise, skills etc. Second was with a peer and totally Java fundamentals. The onsite interview was 3-4 hours. Totally techinal and involved coding and real time software problem solving.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA) in July 2008.

Interview

Couple of phone interviews. And then called in for Personal interviews, with 4 memmers from Team/Group, and the Manager. Questions are related from process to technical like, Java, Unix, Oracle etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is not much negotiation.