Oracle Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2017

57 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Got contacted by a friend who told me Oracle was looking into hiring employees with Semantic Web background. Got a phone screen, after that, I got a panel interview using Cisco WebEx. After the process I got an offer.
The panel reviewed all questions about Semantic Web, which were conceptual, but all coding problems required big-o explanations and the advantages and disadvantages against the naive approach.

Interview Questions

• Function to valid a perfect square.   1 Answer
  • Function to convert to convert integers to Roman numerals.
    XLIII -> 43   1 Answer
  • Bit Rotation function.   1 Answer
  • Find the shortest path from the entrance of a binary maze to the given location. Return the size of the shortest path or -1 if there is no path.   1 Answer
  • Implement Cipher and Decipher using Cesar Cipher.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I had submitted my resume in one of the Career fair. I was later contacted by the HR to submit resume and within a couple of weeks got response from different teams. I was then asked for dates to fly to the head quarters and had interviews with 5 different teams. Most of the interviews started with HR questions and then moved to programming questions. The programming questions were mostly based on dynamic programming and recursion. The interviews were scheduled over 2 days. The HR contacted me in 2 weeks with the offer. The entire process was well organised.

Interview Questions

• Find all the subsets from a given set of numbers that summed to a particular value including repetitions   Answer Question
    • Find the length of the maximal subtree for a given tree such that the child nodes were one greater than the parent node   Answer Question
    • How would sort an array of size 10 gb using a system with only 1 gb of memory   Answer Question
    • Find kth element from the end of a linked list   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

On campus recruitment. 3 onsite interviews with different teams. Largely behavioral with a bit of technical discussion for 1 team. Flew out to redwood city office and also boston office. Was provided comfortable hotel stay and transportation as well.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

A series of 30 minute interviews across the organization. Questions about skill set, difficult issues faced in prior roles and how they were resolved and product issues and how to satisfy customers where escalations had occurred.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge in key areas for the job responsibility   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

The recruiter was very friendly and called me and flew me out to California without a first round interview. Beforehand I had to look at a list of different managers and their projects who were interested in my resume. I had to send back a list of managers who i would want to work with. When I got to California, I spent about ~1 hour with each manager and had to rank them in order of preference. The interviews ranged from mostly fit/personal questions and some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between the final and the static keyword in java?   Answer Question

Wasn't too excited about the project.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

discuss my done projects
    how to sort big data

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Tysons Corner, VA) in December 2012.

Interview

They phone screen first asking general questions about what you're interested in, hobbies etc. They explain the job role. Then they invite you into the office and ask a few technical questions or 'what would you do in this situation' type stuff. Sometimes they say things that aren't technically accurate on purpose to see if you call them out. A little bit of whiteboard code writing and diagramming.

Interview Questions

• After giving me a laptop, they gave me a half hour or so to create a simple web app that hooks up to an ESPN data feed of baseball stats. They asked me to make an ajax call that reads, displays and sorts the results.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

difficulty of interview is deponed on the group you chose, in terms of mine, interview questions are easier comparing with other company

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

5 interviews with diff teams. Describe projects - qs like tail recursion, linked list, dynamic memory allocator, C , Java etc. Flew me in and paid for hotel and food. 2 day stay. Sent a limo or i had the option to rent a car and they will pay for it. Interview was easy and i was interviewing at ex Sun Microsystems branch so i am not sure if this applies to standard Oracle.

Interview Questions

• What is the diff between tail recursion and normal recursion and more similar qs.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in November 2008.

Interview

Was contacted directly via email that Oracle wanted to interview me on-site. They claimed they found my CV through the school's database. They were very generous and hospitable throughout the stay: they flew me in on a Wednesday evening, had a rental car waiting, and put me to sleep in a nice hotel. Thursday was interviews all day long, one after the other (6 total, each about 1 - 1.5 hours long). Many consisted of IQ questions (puzzle solving), but there were also personality tests and skills tests. Specifically, they grilled me on Java knowledge (keywords, syntax, and example problems). The interviews were all independent of each other: each interview was really a smaller group within Oracle that wanted to interview me their own way. They let me stay in SF all of Friday, and I flew home on Saturday morning.

Interview Questions

• Tricky Java syntax questions (miscellaneous).   Answer Question
    • 5 horses on a 5-lane track. You have 5 horses and you want to rank the top three. All you have available to you is a track and the ability to tell perfectly in which order the horses crossed the finish line. How many races are necessary in order to rank the top three horses?   3 Answers

Decided to stay at school and finish a Masters.