Oracle Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2017

64 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Got contacted by a friend who told me Oracle was looking into hiring employees with Semantic Web background. Got a phone screen, after that, I got a panel interview using Cisco WebEx. After the process I got an offer.
The panel reviewed all questions about Semantic Web, which were conceptual, but all coding problems required big-o explanations and the advantages and disadvantages against the naive approach.

Interview Questions

• Function to valid a perfect square.   1 Answer
  • Function to convert to convert integers to Roman numerals.
    XLIII -> 43   1 Answer
  • Bit Rotation function.   1 Answer
  • Find the shortest path from the entrance of a binary maze to the given location. Return the size of the shortest path or -1 if there is no path.   1 Answer
  • Implement Cipher and Decipher using Cesar Cipher.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I had submitted my resume in one of the Career fair. I was later contacted by the HR to submit resume and within a couple of weeks got response from different teams. I was then asked for dates to fly to the head quarters and had interviews with 5 different teams. Most of the interviews started with HR questions and then moved to programming questions. The programming questions were mostly based on dynamic programming and recursion. The interviews were scheduled over 2 days. The HR contacted me in 2 weeks with the offer. The entire process was well organised.

Interview Questions

• Find all the subsets from a given set of numbers that summed to a particular value including repetitions   Answer Question
    • Find the length of the maximal subtree for a given tree such that the child nodes were one greater than the parent node   Answer Question
    • How would sort an array of size 10 gb using a system with only 1 gb of memory   Answer Question
    • Find kth element from the end of a linked list   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

On campus recruitment. 3 onsite interviews with different teams. Largely behavioral with a bit of technical discussion for 1 team. Flew out to redwood city office and also boston office. Was provided comfortable hotel stay and transportation as well.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Submit my resume thru college career fair, after 1 month, got contacted by HR, selected a few team to interview with. After interviews, HR gave back the feedbacks from different teams. After priortized your selection of team, the first matched team will be your destination.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

A series of 30 minute interviews across the organization. Questions about skill set, difficult issues faced in prior roles and how they were resolved and product issues and how to satisfy customers where escalations had occurred.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge in key areas for the job responsibility   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

The recruiter was very friendly and called me and flew me out to California without a first round interview. Beforehand I had to look at a list of different managers and their projects who were interested in my resume. I had to send back a list of managers who i would want to work with. When I got to California, I spent about ~1 hour with each manager and had to rank them in order of preference. The interviews ranged from mostly fit/personal questions and some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between the final and the static keyword in java?   Answer Question

Wasn't too excited about the project.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

discuss my done projects
    how to sort big data

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2013.

Interview

The people brought me to a room with the person who was going to interview me and she was really nice and they asked knowledge on topics and how well in interact with others.

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Tysons Corner, VA) in December 2012.

Interview

They phone screen first asking general questions about what you're interested in, hobbies etc. They explain the job role. Then they invite you into the office and ask a few technical questions or 'what would you do in this situation' type stuff. Sometimes they say things that aren't technically accurate on purpose to see if you call them out. A little bit of whiteboard code writing and diagramming.

Interview Questions

• After giving me a laptop, they gave me a half hour or so to create a simple web app that hooks up to an ESPN data feed of baseball stats. They asked me to make an ajax call that reads, displays and sorts the results.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

difficulty of interview is deponed on the group you chose, in terms of mine, interview questions are easier comparing with other company