Oracle Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Oracle

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Seattle, WA) in November 2018.

Interview

I was referred for the position and a manager contacted me directly. The initial briefing round went really well. Very friendly and I was briefed on the team, the technologies and the next round. The next round was technical, the interviewer was very helpful, gave a clear problem statement and answered all my queries. I was then told that I would get a call for the next round and I never did. I mailed them a week later and I received a reply 3 weeks after that, asking me to contact the university hire recruiter without giving me a POC. I was royally ghosted after that. The manager and the technical interviewer were very nice, but the entire process is NOT worth it.

Interview Questions

• Spiral matrix (circular matrix) with a dry-run with their input followed by an explanation of how the code works and its efficiency.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

This position is with Oracle Flash Storage team. The entire process has been very pleasant. Started off with a casual phone conversation with the director and a senior engineer of the team. The onsite interviews had 4 rounds. First two rounds were technical. Simple algorithm questions and resume stuff. The best part of the interview was it was very casual and the interviewers were super friendly.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Got contacted by a friend who told me Oracle was looking into hiring employees with Semantic Web background. Got a phone screen, after that, I got a panel interview using Cisco WebEx. After the process I got an offer.
    The panel reviewed all questions about Semantic Web, which were conceptual, but all coding problems required big-o explanations and the advantages and disadvantages against the naive approach.

Interview Questions

• Function to valid a perfect square.   1 Answer
    • Function to convert to convert integers to Roman numerals.
      XLIII -> 43   1 Answer
    • Bit Rotation function.   1 Answer
    • Find the shortest path from the entrance of a binary maze to the given location. Return the size of the shortest path or -1 if there is no path.   1 Answer
    • Implement Cipher and Decipher using Cesar Cipher.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I had submitted my resume in one of the Career fair. I was later contacted by the HR to submit resume and within a couple of weeks got response from different teams. I was then asked for dates to fly to the head quarters and had interviews with 5 different teams. Most of the interviews started with HR questions and then moved to programming questions. The programming questions were mostly based on dynamic programming and recursion. The interviews were scheduled over 2 days. The HR contacted me in 2 weeks with the offer. The entire process was well organised.

Interview Questions

• Find all the subsets from a given set of numbers that summed to a particular value including repetitions   Answer Question
    • Find the length of the maximal subtree for a given tree such that the child nodes were one greater than the parent node   Answer Question
    • How would sort an array of size 10 gb using a system with only 1 gb of memory   Answer Question
    • Find kth element from the end of a linked list   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

On campus recruitment. 3 onsite interviews with different teams. Largely behavioral with a bit of technical discussion for 1 team. Flew out to redwood city office and also boston office. Was provided comfortable hotel stay and transportation as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Cupertino, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I emailed a manager for Internal transfer. He replied back and set up a Phone interview with one of the Principal engineers. But eventually had 2 phone interviews.
    The first interview was with the manager and second with the principal engineer.

I had to schedule interview 2-3 times because the Principal engineer couldn't come up with a time. Also, one time, we set up a time but the engineer never called. We had to setup again.

Apart from that, overall a positive experience. Will apply again after some months.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a node in O(n), Successor of a node in BST, MultiThreading and concurrency, Some basic MapReduce questions   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Submit my resume thru college career fair, after 1 month, got contacted by HR, selected a few team to interview with. After interviews, HR gave back the feedbacks from different teams. After priortized your selection of team, the first matched team will be your destination.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

3 interview round process 1) telephonic 2) skype call 3) face to face onsite and about the technical question related to your last and recent projects and small coding round seesion of atleat 4 hours at onsite with an manager

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

A series of 30 minute interviews across the organization. Questions about skill set, difficult issues faced in prior roles and how they were resolved and product issues and how to satisfy customers where escalations had occurred.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge in key areas for the job responsibility   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

The recruiter was very friendly and called me and flew me out to California without a first round interview. Beforehand I had to look at a list of different managers and their projects who were interested in my resume. I had to send back a list of managers who i would want to work with. When I got to California, I spent about ~1 hour with each manager and had to rank them in order of preference. The interviews ranged from mostly fit/personal questions and some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between the final and the static keyword in java?   Answer Question

Wasn't too excited about the project.