Oracle Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA).

Interview

On campus career fair, then on site meetings with each team. The interviews were not technical, just talk about yourself and find out what work the team has to do.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your project at your most recent internship.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was directly called onsite because of a referral. I had 3 interviews with 3 different teams, in 2 different campuses. Overall the questions weren't too hard but I could have prepared more. In the morning I had a meeting with HR. Typically I'm guessing you would have a phone interview but I bypassed this because I was referred.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The process was highly disorganized. The recruiter gave me a set of teams to select from and initially told me that there would be an onsite interview. Later, she set up phone interviews with the teams. One of the interviewer asked for a programming interview but my recruiter didn't arrange for that despite my repeated emails. I was then dropped from consideration on that team which I wasn't told about until I had to send them repeated emails. Finally they asked me to fly to headquarters and interview two teams. On site, one of the team interview was pretty easy. It was with the manager and he wanted to know more about me and almost offered me a job on that team. The second team had about five rounds of interviews all technical. After the interview they asked me to send team preferences and within 2 hours, they sent me a reject. I asked them what happened to the "almost offer" and was met with radio silence! There was no feedback and nothing after a harrowing process they put me through.

Interview Questions

• It was pretty much everything about the resume and general programming interview questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oracle in June 2016.

Interview

The group is about performance of database and complier. The manage interviews me on phone. All questions are about projects and skills. He expects candidates with system-level technical skills, which I don't have.

Interview Questions

• Q: Do you know how to test MYSQL's performance.
      Q: Do you know shell scripting?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was entirely from my projects on the resume and a few basic computer architecture concepts. I was asked Cache coherence, branch predictors, memory consistency and Out of Order Tomasulo Algorithm. 7 rounds of 1 hour each. 10 am to 5 pm. Just one interviewer asked puzzles. All other rounds were technical.

Interview Questions

• Different types of caches.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Applied through career fair, had a phone screen with some technical questions. It wasn't too difficult, just what you would expect from a technical phone screen. Oracle was very nice and on top of things, but I do feel like the entire interview process was rushed.

Interview Questions

• Basic resume/about you questions, some tech questions (recursion, parsing)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle in March 2016.

Interview

The program manager is being very friendly. Actually the job is about the CPU architecture for their processor but the title is sw engineer. He talked a lot about the things his group is doing and what Oracle is aiming at. There are no technical questions, which is weird. But he did ask about the projects I have done and things on the resume. The offer is very competitive but unfortunately compared to NVIDIA, Oracle is not the place I want to go.

Interview Questions

• They ask me about the project I have done on the resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

At the college career fair, I talked to people from this company and gave them my resume. After few days, I got an e-mail from a recruiting manager and we scheduled the on-site interview. During the scheduling for the interview, everyone from the company I talked to was so nice. Also the interviewers were so nice too.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

The process was quite smooth. Got call from recruiter after meeting them in career fair. Scheduled first interview (technical - 2 simple coding questions). Second round was with director who asked design questions and talked about the project they are working on. The director was speaking very nicely and explaining me all the details and giving hints whenever I get stuck somewhere.

Overall a descent experience.

Perks in the offer are good! ;)

Interview Questions

• printing elements in sorted order of a row sorted matrix.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Champaign, IL).

Interview

Pretty standard - on-campus interview, followed by in person interview with three engineers. Final interview with the VP of engineering. Each of the in-person interviews involved coding a solution to a given problem in about 30 minutes. The coding was done in private - that is, the interviewee was left alone to solve the problem without the interviewer being present. The problems were all very typical computer science problems. Knowledge of data structures and algorithms was the focus. There were no brain-teaser/gotcha type questions in any of the interviews. Culture fit was also, I believe, a component - questions about hobbies, etc.

Interview Questions

• Implement a string sorting algorithm in C without the use of any standard library calls.   1 Answer