Oracle Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Software Engineer

Create your profile to get personalized information

Oracle Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Oracle

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Denver, CO) in January 2010.

Interview

Phone Interview. Then 2 day weekend location interview with 20+ applicants. Flew to Denver. One on one with managers. Technical interview. Group interview. Behavioral, personality, technical.xx xx xx xx xx

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary, hiring bonus & relocation covered

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

phone which takes 1 hour, then called to do an onsite interview, there are 5 or 6, I don't really remember, overall the interview experience is good, questions been asked are all quite easy

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no gegotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

contacted by recruiter, had a quick chat over phone with hr about starting time and interests. hr sent me a list of 8 groups to rank, then they scheduled interview with 4 groups, two of which are in boston area. the interviews are mostly non technical, and vary a lot from group to group. groups in boston are more technical. everyone is very friendly. asked many behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Got an email from the recruiter (had submitted the resume during the career fair). HR provided a list of groups out of which we can select any number depending on our interest. Interviewed with 4 groups (1 hour 30 min each) back-to-back and got an offer from one of the managers on that day itself. That turned out to be best possible scenario since I wanted to work with that group right from the day I had chosen the group as one of my potential interests. Questions involved identifying bugs in a code, deep OS questions, white-board coding. Rigorous but delightful.

Negotiation

I got a more than expected offer and did not wish to negotiate on that considering the potential growth in the team.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Interview was easy. Basic expected questions on data structures linked lists pointers stacks queues etc. Convert a string to an integer. What is difference between strcpy and strncpy? How do you reverse a linked list?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mineola, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Mineola, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Got a call from Oracle about a position I applied for in Mineola, NY at their Fatwire division. She set up a phone interview a couple of days later.

Interview Questions

• The questions where very low level JAVA language questions. Questions like what is the Super class of all classes in JAVA. How does the class loader work. What are the different drivers in JDBC (he did want to know about JAVA JDBC Connectors so I do not know what he was referring to). The questions where mostly like this. Things that I never heard anyone else ask before on a JAVA interview.   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Good organization, the interview process was fun and talked with interesting people. The people were responsive on my emails and stayed engaged throughout the process. A little slow on the offer for fresh out of college people.

other opportunities

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle (Burlington, MA) in September 2010.

Interview

meetings with managers and developers, get introduced to the projects, discuss my own experience, talk to multiple groups in the same day, have lunch together, questions about personality, no technical questions, people are all very nice

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

College hire process can vary from student to student. I have heard of students having a technical phone screen but my process was 20 minute HR screen --> Group Ranking from groups interested in hiring me --> HQ group interviews. The group interviews can vary from pure behavioral, white board coding, take home coding tests, and or a mixture of everything. Mine was more on the behavioral side so it was easier possibly.

That hardest part is actually getting the first round interview. Oracle only hires from some 15 colleges from around the country (with some exceptions) and weigh GPA and work experience (internships / coops) higher than many would expect hence the interview process maybe very easy for many.

Interview Questions

• A great white board question I remember was "Find the second largest element in a Binary Search Tree"   3 Answers

Negotiation

Oracle exceeded my salary range - no negotiation was necessary. They also ended up giving an extra 5k bonus when I started on top of what was in my offer packet.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Campus Interview and Onsite. Group members will talk with you when you have onsite interview. After a month, decision will be emailed to you. And HR will contact you about it.