Oracle Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2017

230 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

general cs question, not difficult, some fundamental
something like recursive algorithm, stack
some brain teaser
some behavior question and so forth

if your major in CS , I guess it should be fine for youl.

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oracle (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for front end role. I was asked to provide the system design mainly focused on backend and application clustering. I answered them and I was thinking there may be more questions with it related to front end coding after this. But then there comes questions to write middleware/backend code.
    Even though this role was for front end position, I was not asked a single question about any of the front end technologies. Whole discussion was completely irrelevant with the role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

in phone interview. was asked algorithm questions such as string substring. binary tree traverse. also technique questions such as concurrent read/write. how to make improvement.
    Also previous working experience, what is the scale of the project, how many years, ever mentor any other people. so on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oracle (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

phone interview for technical questions, which was provided a online editor, the question is about LRU, least recent used cache, which is quite frequent asked across the tech companies. The interviewer is very polite, communication is really good, there were a few minutes left, he talked about the project a little bit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied through college and recieved a reply that I matched with a couple of teams. One of the teams was the Cloud and Silicon Team. I had one phone interview with two interviewers on the other side (one PM and one engineer). They asked me details about my projects and discussed multithreading/concurrency problems.

The second interviewer was based in Texas. He called me up and jumped on directly to a system design question where I had to design a banking transaction system that has services in New York, Tokyo and Bangalore. Each of them has a database at the location that only the server at the same location can access. Somehow, all the data in the three databases in always replicated. He wanted me to build a system somehow that would solve concurrency issues when a request from one user was recieved at all three servers at the same time.

Now, he placed a few constraints.
    1. The servers cannot forward requests to each other.
    2. They cannot access (or lock) each other's databases.
    3. We cannot add more servers.
    4. We are not allowed any global timestamp.

Basically, he added constraints as I gave the solution. When I had no answer left, he blurted something like "Nowadays, graduates have no idea about building systems". Then he moved on and said "Do you have any questions?". I responded "Sir, could you tell me the answer to the same question?".

Obviously, the guy had no answer. I'm glad I am not a part of his team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Broomfield, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

Thw interview prcoess was very staight forward. I was invited to an onsite interview where first a manager asked me about my basic experiance. Next two engineers interviewed me about technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Whats your favorite sorting algorithm; how do you implement it?   Answer Question
    • In java what would be the best struct to use to store numbers if the application in multithreaded.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was reached out to by the hiring manager. Soon after we scheduled a phone interview that lasted about an hour. During that phone interview I was asked a lot of questions about myself and my technical skills. I was also asked general questions about why I wanted to work at Oracle, etc. Following the phone interview, an onsite interview was scheduled.

Interview Questions

• there was a technical project that needed to be implemented onsite   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

I met them through my school career fair. I was offered an interview right away and scheduled it a couple of months out. My class schedule had changed though so I had to reschedule and my recruiter just never got back to me about a new date even though they agreed to reschedule and said it wasn't a problem (I gave several week's notice). Super unprofessional.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Oracle in April 2017.

Interview

This review is about the Oracle Bare Metal Group. Interviewer was very rude with unprofessional behavior over phone. I was asked one question on graphs for the initial phone screen. Interviewer stopped me in the middle and behaved very rudely because i was taking time to analyze my logic.
    Interviewer bragged about top engineers from facebook, google etc in his team and if he hires me then i will end up struggling. I was rejected over phone itself.

I don't recommend people to interview with bare metal group because of their unprofessional attitude.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Techical - specific to job requirements. Questions ask are highly technical and gauges your skills if you are appropriate for the job. Also I was laid off from the same company but they called me to place me into a similar position which is weird.