Oracle Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2017

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

I met them through my school career fair. I was offered an interview right away and scheduled it a couple of months out. My class schedule had changed though so I had to reschedule and my recruiter just never got back to me about a new date even though they agreed to reschedule and said it wasn't a problem (I gave several week's notice). Super unprofessional.

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Oracle in April 2017.

Interview

This review is about the Oracle Bare Metal Group. Interviewer was very rude with unprofessional behavior over phone. I was asked one question on graphs for the initial phone screen. Interviewer stopped me in the middle and behaved very rudely because i was taking time to analyze my logic.
    Interviewer bragged about top engineers from facebook, google etc in his team and if he hires me then i will end up struggling. I was rejected over phone itself.

I don't recommend people to interview with bare metal group because of their unprofessional attitude.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Techical - specific to job requirements. Questions ask are highly technical and gauges your skills if you are appropriate for the job. Also I was laid off from the same company but they called me to place me into a similar position which is weird.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Phone screen followed by onsite. The onsite had one manager and 5 technical people on the team. Lots of behavioral questions and coding. The manager had no business asking coding questions (he was non-technical), but did anyway.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA).

Interview

On campus career fair, then on site meetings with each team. The interviews were not technical, just talk about yourself and find out what work the team has to do.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your project at your most recent internship.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was directly called onsite because of a referral. I had 3 interviews with 3 different teams, in 2 different campuses. Overall the questions weren't too hard but I could have prepared more. In the morning I had a meeting with HR. Typically I'm guessing you would have a phone interview but I bypassed this because I was referred.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The process was highly disorganized. The recruiter gave me a set of teams to select from and initially told me that there would be an onsite interview. Later, she set up phone interviews with the teams. One of the interviewer asked for a programming interview but my recruiter didn't arrange for that despite my repeated emails. I was then dropped from consideration on that team which I wasn't told about until I had to send them repeated emails. Finally they asked me to fly to headquarters and interview two teams. On site, one of the team interview was pretty easy. It was with the manager and he wanted to know more about me and almost offered me a job on that team. The second team had about five rounds of interviews all technical. After the interview they asked me to send team preferences and within 2 hours, they sent me a reject. I asked them what happened to the "almost offer" and was met with radio silence! There was no feedback and nothing after a harrowing process they put me through.

Interview Questions

• It was pretty much everything about the resume and general programming interview questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oracle in June 2016.

Interview

The group is about performance of database and complier. The manage interviews me on phone. All questions are about projects and skills. He expects candidates with system-level technical skills, which I don't have.

Interview Questions

• Q: Do you know how to test MYSQL's performance.
      Q: Do you know shell scripting?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was entirely from my projects on the resume and a few basic computer architecture concepts. I was asked Cache coherence, branch predictors, memory consistency and Out of Order Tomasulo Algorithm. 7 rounds of 1 hour each. 10 am to 5 pm. Just one interviewer asked puzzles. All other rounds were technical.

Interview Questions

• Different types of caches.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Applied through career fair, had a phone screen with some technical questions. It wasn't too difficult, just what you would expect from a technical phone screen. Oracle was very nice and on top of things, but I do feel like the entire interview process was rushed.

Interview Questions

• Basic resume/about you questions, some tech questions (recursion, parsing)   Answer Question