Walgreens Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2018
2,566 Interview Reviews

2.3

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Very good. Got a call to do interview. Hired within a week and working right away. The store manager and asst both sit in on the interview. Took about 30 minutes.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

It lasted about 45 minutes ask my previous experience from my jobs just to make sure I was a perfect match he told me he was intrested and that I will receive a email for background and drug test haven't received email yet but It was a Friday so maybe I will receive it sometime next week reason why they say when you do receive the email you have to do drug test within 24 hours of receiving email for drug test

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time an employee came to work in a bad mood and was upsetting the guess how would you approach and how will you handle the situation   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Bloomington, MN).

Interview

The interview was fine first they had me take a test via a computer, mind you I was not in private I was out in front of customers and other employee's. The employees were friendly but they stared at me with confusion I was wondering if I was the only one who had to do my interview like this. Mind you I was dressed to the nines sitting at a raggedy computer taking a questionnaire full of obvious questions. After I finished I was then pulled into a room, a private room this time where I noticed they had three computers. I easily could've used one of those but whatever. A lot of the questions were basic interview questions they ask everyone. I got the job right there.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walgreens in June 2018.

Interview

I applied on a Wednesday night and was called for an interview that Friday. I went in for the interview the next day and it went very smoothly and the manager was very friendly. He told me that they would have their decision the following Monday or tuesday. They called me on that Monday and told me I got the job.

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Got called by an assistant store manager to interview, which I found odd. Interview was done by assistant store manager and store manager while the pharmacy district manager eavesdropped and worked on her computer in the corner.

Interview Questions

• Nothing about my background or experience.
      All behavioral questions that came from a sheet. Most had nothing to do with being a pharmacist. I was asked about industry trends, keeping up with competitors, how have I “innovatively” coached someone. I walked out of there having no idea what the heck had just happened.   Answer Question

Walgreens Response

Jun 4, 2018 – HR

Hi - we are sorry this was your experience and are disappointed in this interview process. We'd like to follow up - if you have more information to share, please contact us at... More

Digital Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Disappointing and possibly discriminatory, one of the most unprofessional interviews I’ve ever had. 2 phone , one in person required to interview next day which was hard to schedule on short notice. When I got there, interview went well. When the hiring manager got there she cut me off mid-sentence to tell me I was “over-qualified.” Didn’t occur to me until I told someone else about it, that it sounded like age-based discrimation. I’m in my 30s and everyone I met with seemed to be on their 20s. Still not sure, but I’ll never apply to Walgreens again.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if sales were increasing but profit is still down?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pascagoula, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Pascagoula, MS) in February 2018.

Interview

This is probably the strangest interview I ever had. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and I immediately felt like I was on trial about the degree that I got. Over the course of the interview I got asked around 20 questions or so. I felt kinda like she didn't know what she was doing. She explained that they had a new hiring system and that I would receive additional emails telling me when my interview was when we spoke on the phone before my first interview. She said she would let me know if I got the job the same day I interviewed. Instead she called about an hour later and told me I needed to resubmit my application, so I did. The following Monday I received an email at 5 pm telling me that I had an interview scheduled for 4 pm, so by the time I got the email I was a hour late and also I was interviewing for another job. Before receiving that email I never received a phone call from her to schedule my second interview. I also wondered what she could possibly ask me after the first interview since she had asked me pretty much everything.

Interview Questions

• If a customer is looking for a particular cleaning product nearby you while you were stocking how would you help?   2 Answers
    • How would you help a customer at Walgreen's?   2 Answers
    • How do you get over having a conflict with a co-worker?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about one time you went above and beyond to help a customer.   2 Answers
    • We deal with sick people...people that have cancer, moms that have sick kids at home and sick adults in bad moods how would you deal with that?   3 Answers

CSA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

The process was really swift and and the questions were all situational based. I did have to do a background and drug test but the results for those come back really quick.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Completed an application and went in to do assessment. Man who met with me was nice, but they just put me in a back room with a computer and told me to log in then left. I had no direction on what to do after and never got a call back.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

If you can string a sentence together and PASS A DRUG TEST then you'll be able to get a job here. Apparently, the drug testing portion is difficult and complicated to some people, but you literally just pee in a cup. Not hard if you haven't been using.

From application to interview to being offered a position was probably about three weeks. The store I applied to was understaffed (which I later found out was due to atrocious management).

Interview Questions

• When have you experienced a set back?   1 Answer