Whole Foods Market Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Specialty Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Charleston, SC) in July 2017.

Interview

It was in the conference room among a panel of 3 members of the team discussing the position and wondering if I can handle the joking nature of that specific team.

Interview Questions

• Where I will see myself in a few years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Portland, OR).

Interview

Applied online and received a call a few days later. They asked a few questions over the phone and then wanted to set up a time for in interview in person the next day. It was super relaxed and straightforward, they were really nice and offered me a full time position on the spot even though I applied for part time.

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Paramus, NJ).

Interview

After applying online, I received a call to come in for an interview. The day of the interview I signed in and received a name tag and discovered it was a group interview. They started off by doing a presentation and telling us about the company. Then we each individually went up and introduced ourselves. After, they split us up into groups and had to act out 2 scenarios involving customer situations.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an unsatisfied customer?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Panel interview with due diligence work required, along with presentation. First you go through a phone interview. Next you are sent an email regarding the next stage which is a panel interview mixed with counterparts, leadership from other departments, and sometimes store team members. You're given a project to complete and expected to speak with everyone on your panel, as well as, spend time in stores leading up to the interview. Response on whether you receive job is pretty quick for a company of this size (within a day or two)

Specialty Foods Interview

Interview

Two interviews, the first as part of job fair setting, the second with a manager in the department I wanted to work in. They got back to me quickly via email to schedule the second interview when I was offered the job. The follow up included formal a job offer that was emailed, along with a meeting with HR and a background check.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work at Whole Foods; asked me to describe a situation where customer was difficult and explain how I handled that.   Answer Question

Customer Service Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pompano Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Pompano Beach, FL).

Interview

I applied online, two days later I got a call to set up an interview. She asked me on the phone to tell her about myself, then asked if I wanted to come in the next day to interview. I came in the next day about 15min early as I do all my interviews. They were still interviewing someone when I got in, but after about a 10min wait, they called me over to their conference area. There were two employees there who had worked there for almost 10 years each. They only asked me 5 questions and did not smile at me throughout the entire conversation. They seemed very disinterested in getting to know more about me. Its like they had already filled the positon and interviewed me because they had to. Very snooty and stuck up vibes. It's never good when you can already tell someone doesn't like you after just shaking your hand! At the end they told me they had more interviews over the weekend and I would hear back after that with an answer. Well, 2 hours later I got an email saying sorry but thanks for applying! I wish I had interviewed with the woman who I spoke with on the phone that set up the interview, she was sooo sweet and awesome. The two people that interviewed me had no emotion and probably wanted someone who has worked at a store for 10 years like they have.

Interview Questions

• What retailers to you have good customer service?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Whole Foods?   Answer Question

Grocery Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I typically did three interviews the first one was a group interview. The other two was individual interviews.Both went very well and I got hired on the spot . They told me I would receive a background check right after my last individual interview and I had three days to do it but I didn’t receive it after the 72 hour period so I had to call HR and HR sent an email to my store manager and then the manager sent me an email c onfirming my employment but no background check so I called and she said I had to do an in store background check which is fine with me cuz I have a clean record but if this same situation happen when three days past and no background check was sent to you after the interview just call HR and they will work it out their very understand.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years   1 Answer
    • What is your experience?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Applied on-line, and was called pretty promptly for an interview. It was pretty low-key. One of the less stressful interviews I've had. Not very long. I met with one of the 2 team leaders. They got back to me within a few days and made me an offer. He told me a few things that helped me to understand the job better. They are mainly concerned about availability. They weed through a lot of people after they are hired. Mainly because they have a very strict time and attendance policy, a lot of people get fired over that.

Interview Questions

• They ask you if you know the core values, and how those values match yours.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

It was a straight forward process. I received a call which was a brief phone interview they then schedule an interview from there. It was a a relaxing atmosphere. They really want to make sure you have a friendly and enthusiastic personality.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply for Whole Foods?   1 Answer

Bakery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY).

Interview

Two interviews. Both very friendly. Would definitely know the core values and which ones resonate the most with you and why Whole Foods is a company you WANT to work for.

Front End Cashier Interview

Interview

First interview asked general questions, then immediately had another interview after the first one with store manager and was offered a position. They make you feel comfortable they were very down- to - earth and it was a piece of cake.