Whole Foods Market Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Specialty Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Charleston, SC) in July 2017.

Interview

It was in the conference room among a panel of 3 members of the team discussing the position and wondering if I can handle the joking nature of that specific team.

Interview Questions

• Where I will see myself in a few years?   1 Answer

Specialty Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Akron, OH).

Interview

Strange group interview in which we did some group work and discussion. Second round was two interviews with the first being one-on-one and the second with two people interviewing. I thought things went well until I was told they would pay me $11.50 an hour. My face must have shown my shock at such a miserable compensation package.

It seems like a good place to work if you are young and OK with poor pay while you gain experience. If you have financial commitments and professional experience, I can't imagine why anyone would go to work for them.

Their interview process was a pleasant experience, overall, but I wish they had been forthcoming about their poor pay from the beginning, or I would not have wasted my time and theirs.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Very Quick interview lasted about 20 minutes if that.
    2 separate Interviews both 2 people panels
    1st interview was with two Associate Team Leaders (ATL)
    2nd with was with the Team Leader (TL ) and another Associate Team Leader
    Very casual setting, it was on the patio
    Had no prior experience in this field

Interview Questions

• Name a time you've helped satisfy a difficult customer ?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

It was on spot interview. Nice people and food at the interview as well. The hiring people were very friendly and they asked about the availability, plans on how long I want to work for the company.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Akron, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

First I applied online and than I got a phone call 24 hours later from a recruiting lady. Set up first interview. Went to a hotel, huge meeting room with 60 or so people. Watched movies, talked, did group team challenges (mystery box) and while you participated for 2 hours, the hiring drones walk around and check and write down everything. Than two days later, got an email saying come back for a 2nd interview. Went back to the same place, and got called back in one on one with a manager. Asked common questions. Was told I passed on to the 3rd and last interview, go back and wait. Than, went to sit back with the team leader of the dept I was going into, and before I sat down, he said my availability of 12 hours (7 am-7 pm) was not enough, and all my passion, education, and retail and food exp. of 15 years meant nothing, because I wouldn't work until 10-11 pm closing. (medical reason I told them) but they didn't care I come with resume, references, (they even said references don't matter). Was told the next step in two days would be a background check, but I shouldn't expect that email, and in two days, I received a generic denial letter saying they went with other candidates. Funny, 3 days later, they reposted hiring applications because they didn't hire enough!

Interview Questions

• "Why would you want to work here?"   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

I was called to schedule an in person interview with the produce department manager. After several days I received word that I would have a follow up interview with the Assistant Store Team Leader.

Interview Questions

• They described a situation on the sales floor where (1) water from an ice table was overflowing and leaking out on the floor, (2) a display in the front of the department is completely "blown" and needs to be refilled and (3) a phone is ringing in our department. How would I proceed prioritizing tasks and why?   Answer Question

Customer Service Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Atlanta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then called the store to inquire about it and then received a call a couple of days later to come in for an interview. They do a little phone screen before the interview but it's pretty straight forward, after that they set up an in person interview. My first out of three interviews was with one manager and one supervisor who directly work with the front end cashiers and customer service. It was just normal questions like what you expect from the company, why WFM and just past situations and how you handled them. They had me come back the next day for my second interview with one of the general managers and another supervisor I believe, the questions were a lot more in depth and they really want to know a lot about you and how you handle/react to different situations. After that I interviewed with another manager I'm not sure what department she was in but she seemed high up. The third interview was very quick out of all the others one did just basically summarized everything and told me how the final interview process would be. After that they came back with an offer and I signed the paperwork and now just wait for them to gather more information about me and do my background check. Overall, the this is the most lengthy and extensive interview process I have ever done for an entry level position but the pay is good and so are the benefits for a PT position. The interviews lasted about 1-2 and half hours so be prepared.

Baker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Buffalo, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Brand new store opening and they are hiring ALOT of people. The HR lady called me and asked some basic questions like my availability, hours I would like, area I would like to work in, etc. After that she asked me to choose a day and time to come to group interview session.

The interview was held at another building since the store is still being built. There was 60 of use total and they divided us in half and the 30 of us went in a separate room where the store manager introduced himself and a couple of department managers. He talked about the store and described all of the positions and what the store would have( tap room). All of the managers and the HR lady came to a table and asked everyone what position they applied for and a little about ourselves as they were taking notes. We then had a group activity were each table had a scenario and we as a group had to figure out the best way to handle it. Once that was finished, the store manager called out some people's numbers and those people didn't make it to the 2nd interview and the rest of us immediately scheduled are next one.

When I came in for my 2nd interview, I met the bakery manager and she wanted me to tell her about myself, she went over my resume and liked that I worked at a bakery in a grocery setting and loved to bake. She went over the different positions in the bakery and asked me which do I prefer and asked if an early shift was ok. She offered the job on the spot and I accepted! I signed a few papers and she took me to another room where I signed a form for a background check and when to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • A customer comes to you asking about gluten free. You tell him and he cuts you off saying you're wrong and he was told different by someone else. What do you do?   Answer Question
    • Is starting work at 3 or 4am ok?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colleyville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Colleyville, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

A phone call is made, firstly, in which the hiring manager asks about yourself and what your schedule looks like. Afterward they generally ask for a face to face interview, where I met with the face from the phone call. If those questions where answered satisfactory you will meet with the head manager of the store, and hopefully get a job offer.

Market Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Glendale, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

Was contacted through my personal email regarding the position, asking if I'd like to come in for an interview. I asked about the position further (schedules, pay, outlook, etc.). Two days later I was sent an email from their main outlet thanking me for my time during the interview I never received and that they've "decided to move forward with another candidate". This was a complete joke...

Specialty Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Detroit, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a very easy hiring process! I applied online and got called for an interview after like a week and a half. I interviewed with two team members from the department and one of them was the shift leader. It was laid back and comfortable with your basic interview questions like "why whole foods?" and "what can you bring to the team?" and i left feeling pretty good, told me id get a call the next day. I get home and get another call asking me to come in to peak to a store team leader and was offered the job same day after talking to her.