Whole Foods Market Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Specialty Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Charleston, SC) in July 2017.

Interview

It was in the conference room among a panel of 3 members of the team discussing the position and wondering if I can handle the joking nature of that specific team.

Interview Questions

• Where I will see myself in a few years?   4 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Glendale, CA).

Interview

I applied online and was invited to a corporate office in Glendale for a job fair. Even though I had a scheduled time slot, and I was there 15 minutes early, I waited over an hour an a half before I got called in for my interview. When I asked why, I was told that they called people in based on department, and I was waiting so long because a lot of people were waiting to interview specifically for the cashier position. They told me if I had picked a different position to interview for, I would have been called in much earlier. Would have been good to know upfront, but as I had already waited so long, I stuck it out. After my first interview (which took maybe 10 minutes tops), I had to wait for a second interview with a manager. Probably about another half an hour waiting for that. And after that interview, where I was officially hired, I had to wait another half an hour to fill out paperwork. So about two and a half hours waiting around for about 20 minutes worth of interviewing. Why even bother having us sign up for a time. Also, this was a two day job fair, and my interview was (scheduled for) only a few hours into the first day, but by the time I got to the interview, they told me all the full time positions had already been filled. I expected all interviewees to have an equal shot, but if I had known that this would be the case, I would have signed up for the earliest spot on the first day. I feel bad for the people on the second day, they probably didn't have many positions left at all. Overall, it was a kind of frustrating day and not a super auspicious start to working with the company, but the people working the job fair were all really nice and the manager seemed really nice, so I'm hopeful it's not indicative of working with the company in general, just a poorly organized job fair.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your idea of a "safe workplace" and how you can work to make a workplace safer.   Answer Question

Store Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Lancaster, PA).

Interview

New store opening. Applied online, got an email a week later asking to answer some questions online like: what's great customer service to you, explain a time you received great customer service, why you want to work there, something you're proud of from your last job.

Then a week later I got an email to come in to do a group interview. You had to sign up online and there were about 60 people signed up for each group session. It was scheduled to last 90 minutes. Only about 35 people showed up and they give you a name tag with a table number. You sit at one of the tables with about 6 people . There was someone giving a PowerPoint presentation and about 6 managers from other stores around the room. Everyone was really nice and it was pretty fun. During the presentation she discussed stuff about the companies and sometimes would ask some questions. Be sure to participate. Next we did our first activity which was just writing on a post it note one skill we have and our favorite food. Then we had to walk around and talk to the other candidates about what we wrote. This only lasted about 5 minutes while about managers walked around an observed. Then we all sat back down and went around the room just quickly saying our name, the skill we wrote, and the position we desire. Next she continued with the presentation and we then did our second activity. Each table received a bag full of random food products. As a group we were to come up with a some meals using all the ingredients while the managers again observed. Pretty simple, just make sure you participate and stuff. Lastly at the end one manager would sit at each table and ask a question like what does great customer service mean to you and each person would take a turn answering. It was very simple and relaxed. After all of that is over they say they'll email you to let you know if you'll move on to the 1 on 1 interview.

So about 4 hours after the group interview I received an email to go to the second interview the next day. The interview starts with meeting one or two managers from another store. They were great listeners and made me feel comfortable. It was just like having a conversation. They ask you the typical questions like: tell me about yourself, a time you received great customer service, how you've dealt with difficult customers, working in a team, two weaknesses. Really any of the question you can see on Glassdoor. Then I guess if you did well, you had to wait to meet with another manager. This is one that would be managing the store you're applying for. This was pretty much the same but some questions felt more about how you work in a team and stuff. Then when he was done asking questions he gave me an offer for $12 and I accepted.

Service Experience Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

General questions at the start. Afterward, a very specific subset of questions, which seemed more tailored to someone already working for the company. The 30 minute phone interview was unscheduled, thus I was caught off guard and not as prepared as I could have been. The person on the phone did not introduce himself appropriately, so I have no idea who I actually spoke with. He was also a little short, and snarky, during the conversation.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what items are on the catering menu?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

call back was quick got interviewed in the store with three people or more. they hired me on the spot and had my background check ready. i had a very good experience.

Anonymous Employee in Woodmere, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Woodmere, OH).

Interview

Applied online and was called within a few days. Had a phone interview. I got called in for an in person interview. I was offered to position a day later.

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

First session was a group interview with 4-5 other people, we were given scenarios to see how we work as a group and our problem solving skills, second session was a one on one interview (if you got selected from group interview).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Whole Foods Market?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY).

Interview

It was super quick and fast. They asked me a couple personality questions and what if questions, the basics. It took kind of a long time I thought I wasn’t going to get it but then they randomly called back and asked me to come in for a different position than what I applied for. They were super nice and patient.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

2 interviews total, first one was a group, about 40 people. Split us up into groups and did some brainstorming activities. Know how to speak well and articulate your thoughts and you’ve got it. Second one was also a lot of people, but they saw each person one by one in a panel process, so two interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Questions like, talk about your last job, what’s the thing you dislike most about customer service, how would you handle an angry customer. Why do you want to work here (mention that it’s a great company and also has opportunities and room for advancement which you see in your future, they’ll love that). Overall pretty easy. Be polite, keep it real at the same time. Retail can be a nightmare and they know that. Talk about the best ways to make a great day out of it for both you and all your customers.   Answer Question

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

I got a phone call for an interview and got asked about my previous employment history. I then was told in to come in for an in person interview. I was asked the same questions and passed the second interview. and was able to get a third interview with the hiring manager for that section.

Whole Body Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Fairly casual setting during hiring event for the opening of a new store. Interviewed by a three person panel. Discussed scheduling needs for joining the team. They were hiring on the spot. I also interviewed with the customer service team and a team leader.