Whole Foods Market Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Specialty Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Charleston, SC) in July 2017.

Interview

It was in the conference room among a panel of 3 members of the team discussing the position and wondering if I can handle the joking nature of that specific team.

Interview Questions

• Where I will see myself in a few years?   2 Answers

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

First session was a group interview with 4-5 other people, we were given scenarios to see how we work as a group and our problem solving skills, second session was a one on one interview (if you got selected from group interview).

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Interview

Two-part, informal, asked you questions, asked you why WF, asked you about if you like food, etc. Usually just two parts, I had three. Very straight-forward, people I interviewed with seemed nice but they lied to me about the availability of positions. Learned during my employment that the position I wanted was available but that they told me otherwise so I would fill a position that was more advantageous for Store Leadership.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Whole Foods?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Real easy. One interview over the phone, one in person. Basic retail interview. Just wanted to make sure I was of sound mind and was willing to work holiday hours.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online, got emailed a few days later with the scheduled group interview time and date. I had to reply back to confirm I was attending.

The interview was not what I expected. I got there early and signed in at the customer service desk before being directed to go upstairs and wait by the salad bar for the interviewer to come get me. No one came after a few minutes so I went back downstairs to ask what happened. I was told to wait a little longer because the interviewer wanted to see if more people would show up. I saw another guy also waiting for the interviewer so I wondered if I was just being hypersensitive. It was like a half hour later that someone from customer service came to us and stated we weren't going to be interviewed and have to reapply.

I was confused by what he meant so he took me back downstairs to talk to his manager. But then it was seen on the sign in sheet that I hadn't been tardy (because when I signed in, I had to write down the time too) so I had to wait for a one on one interview.

The first interview was not so bad. Despite feeling nervous, I tried hard to answer the questions. It helped that the interviewer was friendly and nice. I even made her laugh a few times with my humor. Overall it was very casual. I didn't know there would possibly be a second interview after the first one. I guess I did well because she went to see if her manager was available to interview me.

What I was not expecting was that she would stay in the room as her manager grilled me with in-depth questions. I was nervous about being observed by more than one person and I admit I let my discomfort over this get the best of me, which is why I feel I flunked the second interview. I was both nervous and unprepared for some of the things he asked me so my answers were a bit all over the place.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Whole Foods?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer
    • What would your supervisor at your current job say about you?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with a long checkout line on a busy day?   Answer Question
    • Why are you leaving your current job?   Answer Question

Cashier Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Very easy and personable. They sit down and talk with you in the eating area of the store and ask questions pertaining to your previous work, why you want to join Whole Foods, etc.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

I arrived for my interview and when the person interviewing me came he gave me a sheet to fill out basic questions. He came back a few minutes later and spoke with me about WF and the position. He liked me and went to go see if the person that was responsible for doing the second interview would be willing to do mine the same day. She did and it was a easy process. She said that if chosen i’d receive a call within 2 days. I got a call 2 hours later.

Interview Questions

• What was my favorite thing about WF?   1 Answer

Admin Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

It took almost a month before a recruiter contacted me by email and wanted me to do a quick phone interview the same day but it was so last minute. Therefore, I had to reschedule it another day. I conducted a quick phone interview than over a week later. I received an email again that I passed that round and I would be provided details for the next steps. Once again, they contacted me last minute and wanted to conduct a quick phone interview over Skype the same day. I should have known this was a red flag because the recruiter insisted that i had to use Skype despite the fact it was a phone interview that only supposed to be 15 minutes. I didn't understand why a regular phone interview would be quicker unless, they had to see your appearance first, before they hired which seemed to be the case since they refused a regular phone interview. Afterwards, I was scheduled for a Skype interview for a certain time. The interviewer didn't contact me on time instead, I was left a voice message over 20 minutes after my scheduled interview that the person was off site and they wanted me to contact them back as soon as I was free. I thought the whole process was very unprofessional and I called the recruiter back a couple of times and only got the voicemail. I explained in the voicemail that our scheduled time was missed and if she can rearrange another time. Unfortunately, a few hours later after no response to my voice messages and no contact from email than I received an email that I was no longer in consideration for the positions which I thought was unfair. I didn't understand what I did wrong when the scheduled time was was missed due to a fault on their end and I was punished for it. Overall, it ended up being a waste of time since it seemed they were just in a rush and didn't want to take the time to get to kno their candidates.

Cake Decorator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Applied through their website. I had a brief phone screen with the hiring manager and was invited for an in person interview with the hiring manager and the assistant store team leader.

Interview Questions

• Many questions centered around customer service and juggling multiple things at once.   Answer Question

Market/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerville, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Somerville, NJ) in January 2018.

Interview

Before I go into the process, the group interview was wonderful the employees who were are mentors for the group thing was caring and I wish them the best they made it a welcoming setting.

Now to the awful part. Long and tedious, it was for a new Whole Foods that was suppose to open. The lady that interviewed me and went over my availability was not interesting and bland...it was stressful and unorganized. It was suppose to be a 1 on 1 (which i over prepared for) interview but it was just a bunch of I guess "whole food" employees just going over the application you filled out with the other "employees" tending to other potential candidates. Their were two people (i'm gonna assume higher ups) just staring me down and the other applicants, but i can tell they're were eyeing me down and it was very unprofessional and intimidating. Back to the person who reviewed my application I could already tell they had problems with my availability and she made that known, she made me discouraged to do Market and recommended me to Customer Service. Looking at the Market team schedules I can tell you won't have a life balance, which is why i'm trying to leave my current job. The whole thing rubbed me the wrong way and I left not caring if I got pushed forward for another interview. Disgusting and I would never waste my time applying for this company again. "A family setting" my foot, more like a dysfunctional broken family. Also, the lady was really pressuring me to leave my job and I don't know if she didn't comprehend well enough but I told her a dozen or more times I would and she thought I wanted a FT position WHICH i told her I did not, again a bunch of times. She needs to be fired for her idiocy of not hearing. I don't know why this company thinks it's good to have 3+ interviews for a retail job, this is why the 1,200 applicants who applied more than half didn't show up.

All i'm gonna say is I wish this company the best because other companies are catching up with their organic section and at a cheaper more affordable price.

Interview Questions

• I see that you have "Tuesday and Wednesday" marked not available is their a reason?   1 Answer

Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in January 2018.

Interview

Applied for position in either the end of Sept. or beginning of Oct. recruiter reached out to me in the beginning of December. We had an initial phone screen and was told that I would be contacted at the beginning of the next week for a call with the hiring Manager. After one month of no contact, I reached out to the recruiter in January to see how the process was going. The recruiter responded back after a week. After a few more weeks of back and forth with scheduling issues, I had a phone interview with the hiring Manager in the middle of January. After one week, I had a call with a team member at the end of January. Final communication was received in early February 2018.

During this process, I felt as though my time was not valued or respected. The hiring Manager called me from her car in a parking garage where I could hear every other word of what she was saying. She didn’t sound prepared to take notes for what I was saying. The hiring Manager focused the majority of our short time on what my favorite items are to purchase from WFs and what location I shop at. The team member also called me from her car in traffic. Team member did not seem prepared for the call as she wasn’t familiar with my work history. The team member also did not seem to be in a position to take notes. I took time off from work in both instances so that I could ensure I was in an appropriate place to take the calls.

I also felt ghosted/ left in the dark as to what was going on, by the recruiter. It’s rude to not respond to interested applicants, especially after a reasonable period of time. One of the red flags for me during my conversations with this individual was the frequent communication at 12AM during the week. To me it says, I work crazy hours (because that’s life here at WFs) and you’re the last priority on my list.