Deloitte Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 25, 2017
7,737 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

Alliance Manager Interview

Interview

Challenging. The Firm is serious about it's people so they look for culture fit in addition to intelligence and experience. I took the business case very seriously and wrote about what I would bring to the Firm.

Interview Questions

• Write a business case on why to hire you   2 Answers

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online (I currently work in this field for a competitor) for a consultant position within the Human Capital Practice: Organization, Transformation & Talent Group. Within a week a I heard from a recruiter, who setup a phone interview.

Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers.

A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. I really appreciated that Deloitte made the effort to get someone from this office, as it is not in one of their major cities

Technical Phone Interview: Asked me about my experiences within change management consulting. He would ask me to explain things in more detail, and drill down into my examples. Advice is to again be confident, have lots of examples of the work you have done on hand, and be able to frame your examples (size of team/project, budget, what you did, results, etc).

A few days later I was invited to in-person interviews. Deloitte flew me out on a Thursday night, and back Friday afternoon. The format was 1 case and 2 behavioral. To prep, I walked through Deloitte's case prep online, made sure I had solid experiences to share for about 5 different types of questions, and had a good "story" to tell about why Deloitte and why I wanted to switch.

Case: Very straightforward. I was given the paper with the case on it. Focus was on an ERP implementation. I took my time to organize an initial response and explained how I setup/grouped the info (Strategy, opportunities, challenges). The interviewer walked me through the case, asking questions and followup questions. Key advice is to link everything back to the strategy, bring in ideas not in the case, and be able to come up with how "your" services will add value (+profit or -cost) to the company.

Behavioral: 2 separate interviews. Very similar. Be able to have solid examples that show a variety of experiences. Be personable, that is what consulting is about. Be able to show results and value from your past experiences.

Afterwards I followed up with emails. Heard back the following Tuesday via a phone call. Took about 2 weeks to work out the offer before I accepted. Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and professional. Very impressed overall.

Negotiation

I countered the salary (which was already at the top of the Glassdoor range) and they met me in the middle. Always negotiate. One email that took 10 mins to craft pocketed me a decent sum. Also, don't sound too eager when you are offered, and take your time before writing the counter offer.

Deloitte Response

Mar 20, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Thank you so much for offering such a helpful and detailed review!

Technology Risk Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

All behavioral interview questions. Very casual, friendly, personable interviewers. Pre-interview dinner the night before to help you get to know some of your interviewers in a casual setting. Be prepared to answer any and all questions about your resume and past experiences.

Compliance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

It interview went very well. The people were very friendly and were not intimidating. It was more like a conversation and made me feel very comfortable. The whole process took about 4 weeks. The questions were not too hard, and they really wanted to make sure that the position would be filled by a person who really blended well with all the other co-workers. The people there seemed to be on the same page.

Risk and Financial Advisory Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Behavioral and fit questions. 1st round was 2 30 min questions. Good experience, very nice people. Advisory is not the same as consulting, so just be aware of that fact. It sounds like a good job, though. 80% travel as a first year

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to change/pivot out of nowhere   Answer Question

Pioneer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Lincoln, NE).

Interview

I applied through the university career services and went through an on-campus interview. Then I was selected to a second-round interview in their office. The on-campus interview is easy and basically going over your resume, and the second-round is with two partners and all about personality and fit.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Two rounds interview. On campus interview first with a pre-interview dinner, then would invite you to the office if you secede in the first round. Vary laid back and all the question are behavior question.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Iowa City, IA).

Interview

first 30 minutes with manager. second 30 minutes with partner in different room. Partner didn't ask too much questions only normal chat. The process is very simple and straightforward. The process is simple why you need 30 words. can not understand

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

The hiring process was fast and efficient. After meeting a recruiter on campus, I had a networking event and interview during that same week. The interview consisted of half behavioral questions and half case study. It would have been a great experience, but I found out I was interviewing for a weekend headquarter event and not an internship *during* my interview. No emails nor conversations made me question that I was applying for the internship.

Tax Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Campus interview. There was a pre night networking event. A lot of alumni and interviewer came. Talked to one of the manager. The conversation went well. But the manager controlled the conversation all the time.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Had one phone screen followed by in person interview at Rosslyn location with 3 employees. Very effective process although the last interviewer was delayed but no one alerted me so was unsure if it was being cancelled or not. Still went well and she was insightful although a bit hurried to finish within 10 minutes.