Deloitte Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017
7,529 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

Alliance Manager Interview

Interview

Challenging. The Firm is serious about it's people so they look for culture fit in addition to intelligence and experience. I took the business case very seriously and wrote about what I would bring to the Firm.

Interview Questions

• Write a business case on why to hire you   2 Answers

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online (I currently work in this field for a competitor) for a consultant position within the Human Capital Practice: Organization, Transformation & Talent Group. Within a week a I heard from a recruiter, who setup a phone interview.

Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers.

A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. I really appreciated that Deloitte made the effort to get someone from this office, as it is not in one of their major cities

Technical Phone Interview: Asked me about my experiences within change management consulting. He would ask me to explain things in more detail, and drill down into my examples. Advice is to again be confident, have lots of examples of the work you have done on hand, and be able to frame your examples (size of team/project, budget, what you did, results, etc).

A few days later I was invited to in-person interviews. Deloitte flew me out on a Thursday night, and back Friday afternoon. The format was 1 case and 2 behavioral. To prep, I walked through Deloitte's case prep online, made sure I had solid experiences to share for about 5 different types of questions, and had a good "story" to tell about why Deloitte and why I wanted to switch.

Case: Very straightforward. I was given the paper with the case on it. Focus was on an ERP implementation. I took my time to organize an initial response and explained how I setup/grouped the info (Strategy, opportunities, challenges). The interviewer walked me through the case, asking questions and followup questions. Key advice is to link everything back to the strategy, bring in ideas not in the case, and be able to come up with how "your" services will add value (+profit or -cost) to the company.

Behavioral: 2 separate interviews. Very similar. Be able to have solid examples that show a variety of experiences. Be personable, that is what consulting is about. Be able to show results and value from your past experiences.

Afterwards I followed up with emails. Heard back the following Tuesday via a phone call. Took about 2 weeks to work out the offer before I accepted. Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and professional. Very impressed overall.

Negotiation

I countered the salary (which was already at the top of the Glassdoor range) and they met me in the middle. Always negotiate. One email that took 10 mins to craft pocketed me a decent sum. Also, don't sound too eager when you are offered, and take your time before writing the counter offer.

Deloitte Response

Mar 20, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Thank you so much for offering such a helpful and detailed review!

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Had one phone screen followed by in person interview at Rosslyn location with 3 employees. Very effective process although the last interviewer was delayed but no one alerted me so was unsure if it was being cancelled or not. Still went well and she was insightful although a bit hurried to finish within 10 minutes.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

They were fairly casual about the hiring process, but when asked a question the hiring manager seemed inflexible. Specifically, I asked them about why I was only being considered for what would equate to a lateral move when there were other positions I was qualified to be considered. They drove ahead with offering me a lateral move. I declined.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you handle situations where you are stressed?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I had two 30 minute interviews on campus. Then had a "Superday" in the Chicago office with two more interviews. All very behavioral and laid back. Nothing technical or case-based.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced a challenge. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

First was a chat, then a behavioral interview, then an in office interview, and a happy hour. I think that the happy hour might have been the most important part of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one time you falied   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Standard process through school. Make sure to attend the events sponsored by the company and make your name known to the recruiter. 2 round process with interviews at school and then in the office with a total of 4 people (director or above).

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions. Not a whole lot of technical questions because college graduates typically don't have exposure to this field beforehand. I applied through our college job portal, participated in a Deloitte on campus networking event, went through the a campus interview round then an additional interview at the Boston office. Received an offer afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What profession would you choose if you could do anything   Answer Question

Tax Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Campus interview. There was a pre night networking event. A lot of alumni and interviewer came. Talked to one of the manager. The conversation went well. But the manager controlled the conversation all the time.

Salesforce Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted on LinkedIn which began a phone conversation that went really well. This had me passed to another recruiter who eventually had me speak to an individual that also went really well.

This is where the process totally fell apart: I hadn't heard anything from the second recruiter for weeks and finally when I reached out, was told it went well and that they wanted to schedule an in person interview. So I selected a date to attend one of their interview days and was told that I'd be contacted about traveling to setup flights and hotels.

That email never came. I emailed inquiring when I would receive this information and never got an answer. I called this recruiter and he never called back. 5 emails, 2 phone calls. Zero.

So the day comes where I'm supposed to interviewing and naturally, I'm not there. I get a phone call about the interview and explain the situation and it's rescheduled.

Come the day before the next interview, my flight is cancelled and I contact the recruiters to where we decide that since I'm about a 5.5 hour drive, I could just get a rental and be reimbursed. So far, okay.

So after my 5.5 hour drive goes to 9.5 hours because of the weather that cancelled my flight, I get in and get ready for my next day.

My next day, the first interview was absolutely lovely, engaging, great to speak with and very smart. The second interviewer asked questions that he gave patently wrong answers to. The third interviewer was just rude and kept talking over me.

All in all, I was elated that the process was over.

Interview Questions

• "Given a company with units A and B, and sub-units within each, how can one hide select records in B from A but allow access to certain records?"   1 Answer

Project Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Super friendly! Started off with phone interview from recruiter in India about 30 minutes asking basic questions. Then, a 30 minute phone interview with the local recruiter same kind of questions . Step 3 was a phone interview with a project controller that asked more technical questions. Lastly, I went on site for 3 interviews for about 3 hours

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your Excell skills?   1 Answer