Deloitte Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2018
8,623 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

Alliance Manager Interview

Interview

Challenging. The Firm is serious about it's people so they look for culture fit in addition to intelligence and experience. I took the business case very seriously and wrote about what I would bring to the Firm.

Interview Questions

• Write a business case on why to hire you   2 Answers

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online (I currently work in this field for a competitor) for a consultant position within the Human Capital Practice: Organization, Transformation & Talent Group. Within a week a I heard from a recruiter, who setup a phone interview.

Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers.

A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. I really appreciated that Deloitte made the effort to get someone from this office, as it is not in one of their major cities

Technical Phone Interview: Asked me about my experiences within change management consulting. He would ask me to explain things in more detail, and drill down into my examples. Advice is to again be confident, have lots of examples of the work you have done on hand, and be able to frame your examples (size of team/project, budget, what you did, results, etc).

A few days later I was invited to in-person interviews. Deloitte flew me out on a Thursday night, and back Friday afternoon. The format was 1 case and 2 behavioral. To prep, I walked through Deloitte's case prep online, made sure I had solid experiences to share for about 5 different types of questions, and had a good "story" to tell about why Deloitte and why I wanted to switch.

Case: Very straightforward. I was given the paper with the case on it. Focus was on an ERP implementation. I took my time to organize an initial response and explained how I setup/grouped the info (Strategy, opportunities, challenges). The interviewer walked me through the case, asking questions and followup questions. Key advice is to link everything back to the strategy, bring in ideas not in the case, and be able to come up with how "your" services will add value (+profit or -cost) to the company.

Behavioral: 2 separate interviews. Very similar. Be able to have solid examples that show a variety of experiences. Be personable, that is what consulting is about. Be able to show results and value from your past experiences.

Afterwards I followed up with emails. Heard back the following Tuesday via a phone call. Took about 2 weeks to work out the offer before I accepted. Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and professional. Very impressed overall.

Negotiation

I countered the salary (which was already at the top of the Glassdoor range) and they met me in the middle. Always negotiate. One email that took 10 mins to craft pocketed me a decent sum. Also, don't sound too eager when you are offered, and take your time before writing the counter offer.

Deloitte Response

Mar 20, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Thank you so much for offering such a helpful and detailed review!

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in November 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for the Business Technology Analyst position at Deloitte in November 2017. The interview was a 30-min case study with a manager via HireVue. The interviewer dictates the case study fast, so make sure to take down as many notes as possible. The questions were SDLC based.

Interview Questions

• If a highly influential client asks you to do the current state analysis of a system, which is outside the scope of the project and you must keep the client happy. What would you do?   Answer Question

SAP BW Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Nashville, TN).

Interview

It was telephonic interview first. Then They called in for In person interview. In person interview 2 person panel teams interviewed 1 hour each team. 2 Such interviews. Then Lunch with the hiring manager. After Lunch 2 more such interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe Political Situation in your previous team How did you handle it   Answer Question
    • Describe How would you overcome conflicts with your teammate   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

First interview was On-Campus. Second round was Video. Campus interviewer was a Managing Director/Partner. There were 2 back-to-back video interviews. 1st interviewer was a MD/P; 2nd one was a Manager.

Human Capital Interview

Interview

Half behavioral half of the interview was a case. It is about 30 min each. Different interviewers asking questions. They both tried to be really friendly and encouraged you speak about yourself . I liked their honesty and friendliness

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

The first round was a tech case interview followed by a behavioral interview. Both interviewers were very nice people and the experience overall was very positive. The tech case was similar to the ones I had practiced on the Deloitte website. The behavioral interview felt more like a discussion and the interviewer was very easy to talk to.

I was selected for the second round interview which was an hour long tech case. You are shown a 10-minute video and you have the next 20 minutes to come up with a deliverable to address the problem described in the video. Once you are done, you present your deliverable to the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever faced conflict while working in a team setting? How did you manage the situation?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

- It was one 30 minute case and one 30 minute behavioral. The case was pretty straightforward and easy to master. The person who interviewed me was super professional and interesting. I was very shocked by the behavioral interview. She was very inappropriately dressed and made lots of inappropriate comments (for example 1: I should have had XYZ experience that you had instead or 2: I have these XYZ clients I strongly dislike 3. Let me remind you of how I went to a highly ranked school and you didn't (without saying it exactly like that but bragging with mentions of the brand). I have found that half the people I meet at Deloitte are amazing people that I admire. I have found the other half were like my 2nd interviewer - someone with an axe to grind and rather impulsive and unprofessional.

Intern Interview

Interview

Quick interview because it was a part time job. The interviewer asked a few questions on the resume and she was then my mentor. She was very nice and helpful.

Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

One month or so of recruiting events followed by 2 rounds of behavioral interview on campus to obtain internship. One round of informal interview and one round of question heavy behavioral interview and resume review.

Project Controller Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied for the consultant role. Spoke to the recruiter over the phone and then had a technical screening/ interview over the phone that ended up being more behavioral. Not much small talk but of course we ready at the end to ask questions of your own to the interviewer. I found out within the day that I was moving on to the next round.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of what our group does?   1 Answer
    • A time you created efficiency in your current role?   1 Answer
    • A time you went above and beyond?   1 Answer
    • Why do you think you'd be good for this role?   1 Answer
    • Time you had to create a budget?   1 Answer
    • Which excel functions do you commonly use and how do they make your work more efficient?   1 Answer
    • Do you work with our global teams?   1 Answer