Deloitte Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 18, 2017
8,204 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

Alliance Manager Interview

Interview

Challenging. The Firm is serious about it's people so they look for culture fit in addition to intelligence and experience. I took the business case very seriously and wrote about what I would bring to the Firm.

Interview Questions

• Write a business case on why to hire you   2 Answers

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online (I currently work in this field for a competitor) for a consultant position within the Human Capital Practice: Organization, Transformation & Talent Group. Within a week a I heard from a recruiter, who setup a phone interview.

Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers.

A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. I really appreciated that Deloitte made the effort to get someone from this office, as it is not in one of their major cities

Technical Phone Interview: Asked me about my experiences within change management consulting. He would ask me to explain things in more detail, and drill down into my examples. Advice is to again be confident, have lots of examples of the work you have done on hand, and be able to frame your examples (size of team/project, budget, what you did, results, etc).

A few days later I was invited to in-person interviews. Deloitte flew me out on a Thursday night, and back Friday afternoon. The format was 1 case and 2 behavioral. To prep, I walked through Deloitte's case prep online, made sure I had solid experiences to share for about 5 different types of questions, and had a good "story" to tell about why Deloitte and why I wanted to switch.

Case: Very straightforward. I was given the paper with the case on it. Focus was on an ERP implementation. I took my time to organize an initial response and explained how I setup/grouped the info (Strategy, opportunities, challenges). The interviewer walked me through the case, asking questions and followup questions. Key advice is to link everything back to the strategy, bring in ideas not in the case, and be able to come up with how "your" services will add value (+profit or -cost) to the company.

Behavioral: 2 separate interviews. Very similar. Be able to have solid examples that show a variety of experiences. Be personable, that is what consulting is about. Be able to show results and value from your past experiences.

Afterwards I followed up with emails. Heard back the following Tuesday via a phone call. Took about 2 weeks to work out the offer before I accepted. Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and professional. Very impressed overall.

Negotiation

I countered the salary (which was already at the top of the Glassdoor range) and they met me in the middle. Always negotiate. One email that took 10 mins to craft pocketed me a decent sum. Also, don't sound too eager when you are offered, and take your time before writing the counter offer.

Deloitte Response

Mar 20, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Thank you so much for offering such a helpful and detailed review!

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a pre-talk with the recruiters. Then I had two phone interviews with managers and two back-to-back onsite interviews with directors. One of the directors was really not professional. He spent the first 10 minutes talking about my visa issue (H1B, OPT etc.) He was really surprised when he heard that I can work. When I showed him my portfolio, he laughed and asked if you Chinese really like gathering together because my teammates in one of the projects were all Asian. I told him that the programming course was very demanding and only 10 students chose that. Then he asked me how I can approve that I get involved in American life. These two questions made me feel uncomfortable.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I completed first round of case and behavioral interview with a data sheet review prior to the case, and then final round was a group case and one individual case. There was a very fast turn around with notifications either the night after the interview or the next day. Really enjoyed all the people I interacted with and the case opportunities

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deliver a difficult message   1 Answer

Interview

Interview consisted of a case study and behavioral interview for the first round. Second round was a longer case study component. Sample case studies on Deloitte's website were helpful in preparing for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to make a difficult decision at work.   Answer Question

Technology Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Round one interview was basic behavioral and technical requests on databases, object-oriented designs, past projects. Round two was 30min behavioral, 30min technical, during which they ask about familiarity with certain pertinent technologies.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY).

Interview

Two phone/sky interviews with senior managers and then an in-office interview with partners. Questions were mainly based on fit and not too many technical questions. Overall good experience and seems like an awesome firm.

Technology Analyst Interview

Interview

Campus recruiter emailed me and gave me several options but ended up getting me in touch with another recruiter in a different state. It was a good experience. Always check your email and get back to them fast.

Interview Questions

• Explain time where you solved a hard problem with a team   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Career fair at a university. First round was on campus, second round was a video conference. Mostly behavioral and situational questions, very conversational. Everyone that I interacted with was very professional and the process was smooth and transparent.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to meet a difficult deadline.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Summer Scholar Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Case Interview with data preparation for 30 minutes beforehand. It was stated that the data was provided simply for you to familiarize yourself with, this meant analysis was required and conclusions needed to be drawn before you reached the case interview so you could present them when asked.

M&A Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed with Deloitte in their NYC office with manager and senior manager. The experience was very good. The interview was mainly a combination of behavioral and conversational questions. And I had 2 internviews with 30 minutes each associated with an office tour after the interviews.