Deloitte Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2018
9,204 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

Alliance Manager Interview

Interview

Challenging. The Firm is serious about it's people so they look for culture fit in addition to intelligence and experience. I took the business case very seriously and wrote about what I would bring to the Firm.

Interview Questions

• Write a business case on why to hire you   2 Answers

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online (I currently work in this field for a competitor) for a consultant position within the Human Capital Practice: Organization, Transformation & Talent Group. Within a week a I heard from a recruiter, who setup a phone interview.

Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers.

A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. I really appreciated that Deloitte made the effort to get someone from this office, as it is not in one of their major cities

Technical Phone Interview: Asked me about my experiences within change management consulting. He would ask me to explain things in more detail, and drill down into my examples. Advice is to again be confident, have lots of examples of the work you have done on hand, and be able to frame your examples (size of team/project, budget, what you did, results, etc).

A few days later I was invited to in-person interviews. Deloitte flew me out on a Thursday night, and back Friday afternoon. The format was 1 case and 2 behavioral. To prep, I walked through Deloitte's case prep online, made sure I had solid experiences to share for about 5 different types of questions, and had a good "story" to tell about why Deloitte and why I wanted to switch.

Case: Very straightforward. I was given the paper with the case on it. Focus was on an ERP implementation. I took my time to organize an initial response and explained how I setup/grouped the info (Strategy, opportunities, challenges). The interviewer walked me through the case, asking questions and followup questions. Key advice is to link everything back to the strategy, bring in ideas not in the case, and be able to come up with how "your" services will add value (+profit or -cost) to the company.

Behavioral: 2 separate interviews. Very similar. Be able to have solid examples that show a variety of experiences. Be personable, that is what consulting is about. Be able to show results and value from your past experiences.

Afterwards I followed up with emails. Heard back the following Tuesday via a phone call. Took about 2 weeks to work out the offer before I accepted. Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and professional. Very impressed overall.

Negotiation

I countered the salary (which was already at the top of the Glassdoor range) and they met me in the middle. Always negotiate. One email that took 10 mins to craft pocketed me a decent sum. Also, don't sound too eager when you are offered, and take your time before writing the counter offer.

Deloitte Response

Mar 20, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Thank you so much for offering such a helpful and detailed review!

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in November 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for the Business Technology Analyst position at Deloitte in November 2017. The interview was a 30-min case study with a manager via HireVue. The interviewer dictates the case study fast, so make sure to take down as many notes as possible. The questions were SDLC based.

Interview Questions

• If a highly influential client asks you to do the current state analysis of a system, which is outside the scope of the project and you must keep the client happy. What would you do?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

The process was about a month long. After submitting the application, I was invited to the first interview. The interview was behavioral and case based. After the first interview, they invite you to the second interview in their office. The second interview is with a partner.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

Deloitte like most consulting firms have a problem with recruiting experienced talent. The peer interviews with younger inexperienced managers often kills your chance to even make it in for an in person interview. No matter how nice the “peer” may seem, they see you as a threat and are not interested in you working with them side by side. I ask myself if these interviews are audited ? If deliotte cares. Take a look at the person being interviewed and he interviewer and Weigh their qualifications. Did disqualifying them make sense? Or perhaps just like young talent with less experience. Either way I can say this was not a good experience and I am not interested in applying again.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you were able to communicate with clients in the past?   Answer Question
    • Can you explain what a firewall, cookie, more technical questions.   Answer Question

Tax Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I was a campus hire with various levels of interview rounds with respect to communication skills, subject related test, logical tests and analytical tests and Human Resource rounds and final round with the partner

Interview Questions

• Questions were mainly based on subject matter i.e. basics of Accounting, Logical and Analytical tests and future goals, back ground and past experience if any and about person experiences on any projects working in groups.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

It was easy and very effective interview with a good mix of panel. They were more interested in if I will fit the culture and whether I have to right attitude to succeed and make company a success,

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Very structured interview with great panel, overall 3 rounds of interview, the panelists tested the breadth and depth of HR Transformation skills through objective and subjective questions. 2 telephonic rounds and 1 face to face interview

Executive Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in June 2018.

Interview

Process went well. I did a Hirevue interview and i was contacted a few days later for a face to face interview with the recruiting manager. I practiced for a few days and when it came time for the interview i thought i did poorly because i stumbled on a few words and questions. I was shocked when i received an email for another interview.

Senior DevOps Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Lake Mary, FL) in June 2018.

Interview

I had initial phone screen with recruiter followed by 3 technical video interview than 1 managerial interview. total process took 6+ weeks and still waiting for feedback, even after all interviews went very well.

Its very funny they have scheduled back to interviews in every 3-4 days gap and giving feedback regularly . After that suddenly no communication and recruiter said he is also waiting for feedback after last round. It shows highly unprofessional way of recruiting especially such a big organization, whatever is the result should share with candidate. Also when recruiter and manager sitting in next office and still waiting for feedback for more than 3+weeks shows huge communication gap among team members.

Interview Questions

• Question around different DevOps and azure topics such as auto scaling, DSC in azure, Chef, Queues, Different Data sources in azure and scenario based technical questions.   Answer Question

Advanced Analytics Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Some easy programming assignment and technical conversations that I sailed through.

The behavioral process was horrible. I was barraged with a series of stupid questions and felt bad about myself afterwards because I am too much of an intellectual to ever be a consultant. There are a lot of talented and smart people and I have nothing against the process or interviewer but my IQ is 50 points too high which leaves me at a terrible disadvantage.