Deloitte Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 21, 2018
8,951 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

Alliance Manager Interview

Interview

Challenging. The Firm is serious about it's people so they look for culture fit in addition to intelligence and experience. I took the business case very seriously and wrote about what I would bring to the Firm.

Interview Questions

• Write a business case on why to hire you   2 Answers

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online (I currently work in this field for a competitor) for a consultant position within the Human Capital Practice: Organization, Transformation & Talent Group. Within a week a I heard from a recruiter, who setup a phone interview.

Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers.

A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. I really appreciated that Deloitte made the effort to get someone from this office, as it is not in one of their major cities

Technical Phone Interview: Asked me about my experiences within change management consulting. He would ask me to explain things in more detail, and drill down into my examples. Advice is to again be confident, have lots of examples of the work you have done on hand, and be able to frame your examples (size of team/project, budget, what you did, results, etc).

A few days later I was invited to in-person interviews. Deloitte flew me out on a Thursday night, and back Friday afternoon. The format was 1 case and 2 behavioral. To prep, I walked through Deloitte's case prep online, made sure I had solid experiences to share for about 5 different types of questions, and had a good "story" to tell about why Deloitte and why I wanted to switch.

Case: Very straightforward. I was given the paper with the case on it. Focus was on an ERP implementation. I took my time to organize an initial response and explained how I setup/grouped the info (Strategy, opportunities, challenges). The interviewer walked me through the case, asking questions and followup questions. Key advice is to link everything back to the strategy, bring in ideas not in the case, and be able to come up with how "your" services will add value (+profit or -cost) to the company.

Behavioral: 2 separate interviews. Very similar. Be able to have solid examples that show a variety of experiences. Be personable, that is what consulting is about. Be able to show results and value from your past experiences.

Afterwards I followed up with emails. Heard back the following Tuesday via a phone call. Took about 2 weeks to work out the offer before I accepted. Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and professional. Very impressed overall.

Negotiation

I countered the salary (which was already at the top of the Glassdoor range) and they met me in the middle. Always negotiate. One email that took 10 mins to craft pocketed me a decent sum. Also, don't sound too eager when you are offered, and take your time before writing the counter offer.

Deloitte Response

Mar 20, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Thank you so much for offering such a helpful and detailed review!

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in November 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for the Business Technology Analyst position at Deloitte in November 2017. The interview was a 30-min case study with a manager via HireVue. The interviewer dictates the case study fast, so make sure to take down as many notes as possible. The questions were SDLC based.

Interview Questions

• If a highly influential client asks you to do the current state analysis of a system, which is outside the scope of the project and you must keep the client happy. What would you do?   1 Answer

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY).

Interview

The recruiters most of the time they are not reachable. The panel doesnt know what they are looking for in a candidate. The interview will take months to complete. You might have to visit the office multiple times. Its like walking in a path blindfolded. The interview will feel like you have cracked it. But the selection is based on total luck and the interviewers mood. Its very unfortunate that such a reputable company and no one knows what they are looking for in a candidate

Executive Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Fast, efficient, and pretty easy! I applied for the position and a week later was contacted to complete their online interview. The online interview consisted of about 10 video questions that were for the most part nothing to sweat over. The day after I completed the digital interview I was asked to do an in person interview onsite with 2 managers. The interview was mostly informative and only lasted about 30 mins. I was given an offer letter the next day! I was very pleased with how fast the process went and how involved the recruiter was. Such a great experience!

Interview Questions

• How many calendars have you managed in Outlook? What is your experience with Outlook?   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Interview

One on-campus interview and one in-house. Before the on-campus, there were several recruiting events where you could network with professionals and recruiters. In-house interview was consisted of office tour and interviews.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Durham, NC).

Interview

I interviewed at school. The process was short. 2 weeks. It was fun. They went through your resume and asked your behavioural questions. Then I figured out that they just wanted you to be a powerpoint maker. I didnt like it. So I declined.

Learning and Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Seattle, WA) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied via the company website with no internal referral. I received an automated email saying that I was selected to do the first-round interview and that the interview would be conducted via HireVue -- a recorded video interview. I had to download an app and set up a mini studio (good lighting, blank wall behind me, quiet) in my house and prop up my iPad. There's a way to practice a bit before the actual recording begins. I was told it would be 10 questions, with no more than 3 minutes alloted per question, for a total of 35 minutes.

Once the recording starts, you can't stop it or rerecord. The first few questions were video questions, but then, out of the blue, I had a series of three different untimed essay questions pop up (4,000 character maximum) that I had to write on the spot. Fortunately, my iPad had a wireless bluetooth keyboard, since trying to tap out several essays on a phone would have been nearly impossible. After writing the essays, there were more video questions as well as some multiple-choice ones (essentially asking if you would need a work visa and other HR questions).

The entire process took me almost 3 hours, not the 35 minutes I had planned for. It was truly awful. I checked, and it turns out that the video is screened by AI, and only those that make it past the robot/software get viewed by human eyes. Within hours of submitting my video interview, I received notification that I wasn't being moved on to the next round.

Interview Questions

• How has your experience prepared you for this position?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you used an innovative approach to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Interview

basic questions, nothing crazy. there is nothing to see here - you should be fine if you just relax and dont be stupid. they need you more than you need them.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Cedar City, UT) in April 2018.

Interview

I was sick the day of the actual interview, they allowed me to reschedule but do it online. Interesting experience, not a big fan of online interviews, but I also hate being sick

Pioneer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Diego, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied through my school's career sight. First round of interviews was on campus, and second round of interviews was at the Deloitte San Diego office. The recruiters and interviewers were all very nice and made the process a lot easier and less stressful than I thought it would be.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to problem solve.   1 Answer