Deloitte Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017
7,709 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

Alliance Manager Interview

Interview

Challenging. The Firm is serious about it's people so they look for culture fit in addition to intelligence and experience. I took the business case very seriously and wrote about what I would bring to the Firm.

Interview Questions

• Write a business case on why to hire you   2 Answers

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online (I currently work in this field for a competitor) for a consultant position within the Human Capital Practice: Organization, Transformation & Talent Group. Within a week a I heard from a recruiter, who setup a phone interview.

Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers.

A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. I really appreciated that Deloitte made the effort to get someone from this office, as it is not in one of their major cities

Technical Phone Interview: Asked me about my experiences within change management consulting. He would ask me to explain things in more detail, and drill down into my examples. Advice is to again be confident, have lots of examples of the work you have done on hand, and be able to frame your examples (size of team/project, budget, what you did, results, etc).

A few days later I was invited to in-person interviews. Deloitte flew me out on a Thursday night, and back Friday afternoon. The format was 1 case and 2 behavioral. To prep, I walked through Deloitte's case prep online, made sure I had solid experiences to share for about 5 different types of questions, and had a good "story" to tell about why Deloitte and why I wanted to switch.

Case: Very straightforward. I was given the paper with the case on it. Focus was on an ERP implementation. I took my time to organize an initial response and explained how I setup/grouped the info (Strategy, opportunities, challenges). The interviewer walked me through the case, asking questions and followup questions. Key advice is to link everything back to the strategy, bring in ideas not in the case, and be able to come up with how "your" services will add value (+profit or -cost) to the company.

Behavioral: 2 separate interviews. Very similar. Be able to have solid examples that show a variety of experiences. Be personable, that is what consulting is about. Be able to show results and value from your past experiences.

Afterwards I followed up with emails. Heard back the following Tuesday via a phone call. Took about 2 weeks to work out the offer before I accepted. Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and professional. Very impressed overall.

Negotiation

I countered the salary (which was already at the top of the Glassdoor range) and they met me in the middle. Always negotiate. One email that took 10 mins to craft pocketed me a decent sum. Also, don't sound too eager when you are offered, and take your time before writing the counter offer.

Deloitte Response

Mar 20, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Thank you so much for offering such a helpful and detailed review!

Risk and Financial Advisory Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Behavioral and fit questions. 1st round was 2 30 min questions. Good experience, very nice people. Advisory is not the same as consulting, so just be aware of that fact. It sounds like a good job, though. 80% travel as a first year

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to change/pivot out of nowhere   Answer Question

Pioneer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Lincoln, NE).

Interview

I applied through the university career services and went through an on-campus interview. Then I was selected to a second-round interview in their office. The on-campus interview is easy and basically going over your resume, and the second-round is with two partners and all about personality and fit.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Two rounds interview. On campus interview first with a pre-interview dinner, then would invite you to the office if you secede in the first round. Vary laid back and all the question are behavior question.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Iowa City, IA).

Interview

first 30 minutes with manager. second 30 minutes with partner in different room. Partner didn't ask too much questions only normal chat. The process is very simple and straightforward. The process is simple why you need 30 words. can not understand

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

The hiring process was fast and efficient. After meeting a recruiter on campus, I had a networking event and interview during that same week. The interview consisted of half behavioral questions and half case study. It would have been a great experience, but I found out I was interviewing for a weekend headquarter event and not an internship *during* my interview. No emails nor conversations made me question that I was applying for the internship.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Had one phone screen followed by in person interview at Rosslyn location with 3 employees. Very effective process although the last interviewer was delayed but no one alerted me so was unsure if it was being cancelled or not. Still went well and she was insightful although a bit hurried to finish within 10 minutes.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied on the website and received an interview request 2 days after applying. Job posting said "Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience" so I applied with extensive experience(over 10 years) and no degree. Recruiter reviewed both my resume and LinkedIn profile(I have LinkedIn Premium so I can see who reviews my profile). and reached out to schedule a phone interview. Then about 20 minutes before the interview canceled for lack of degree. It's very misleading for a company to post that they'll accept experience over degree if that's not the case. Also, these things should be confirmed prior to scheduling interviews.

Tax Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Campus interview. There was a pre night networking event. A lot of alumni and interviewer came. Talked to one of the manager. The conversation went well. But the manager controlled the conversation all the time.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

They were fairly casual about the hiring process, but when asked a question the hiring manager seemed inflexible. Specifically, I asked them about why I was only being considered for what would equate to a lateral move when there were other positions I was qualified to be considered. They drove ahead with offering me a lateral move. I declined.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you handle situations where you are stressed?   1 Answer