Deloitte Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017
6,799 Interview Reviews

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online (I currently work in this field for a competitor) for a consultant position within the Human Capital Practice: Organization, Transformation & Talent Group. Within a week a I heard from a recruiter, who setup a phone interview.

Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers.

A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. I really appreciated that Deloitte made the effort to get someone from this office, as it is not in one of their major cities

Technical Phone Interview: Asked me about my experiences within change management consulting. He would ask me to explain things in more detail, and drill down into my examples. Advice is to again be confident, have lots of examples of the work you have done on hand, and be able to frame your examples (size of team/project, budget, what you did, results, etc).

A few days later I was invited to in-person interviews. Deloitte flew me out on a Thursday night, and back Friday afternoon. The format was 1 case and 2 behavioral. To prep, I walked through Deloitte's case prep online, made sure I had solid experiences to share for about 5 different types of questions, and had a good "story" to tell about why Deloitte and why I wanted to switch.

Case: Very straightforward. I was given the paper with the case on it. Focus was on an ERP implementation. I took my time to organize an initial response and explained how I setup/grouped the info (Strategy, opportunities, challenges). The interviewer walked me through the case, asking questions and followup questions. Key advice is to link everything back to the strategy, bring in ideas not in the case, and be able to come up with how "your" services will add value (+profit or -cost) to the company.

Behavioral: 2 separate interviews. Very similar. Be able to have solid examples that show a variety of experiences. Be personable, that is what consulting is about. Be able to show results and value from your past experiences.

Afterwards I followed up with emails. Heard back the following Tuesday via a phone call. Took about 2 weeks to work out the offer before I accepted. Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and professional. Very impressed overall.

Negotiation

I countered the salary (which was already at the top of the Glassdoor range) and they met me in the middle. Always negotiate. One email that took 10 mins to craft pocketed me a decent sum. Also, don't sound too eager when you are offered, and take your time before writing the counter offer.

Deloitte Response

Mar 20, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Thank you so much for offering such a helpful and detailed review!

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Richmond, VA).

Interview

I first had to do a digital interview, which was weird. That consisted of me sitting in front of a computer, dressed like I was going to an in person interview, and answering questions to my built in computer camera. The question pop up on the screen and then they record your response - you get 3 minutes for each response, but you don't have to take that long. The questions were pretty basic, but there were 8 (!) of them, which was more than I expected. I thought I did terribly, but I did get a call for an in person interview. That was with the head of office services and head of administrative services. Again, very typical questions - why do you want to work at Deloitte, what's your biggest strength and weakness, how would you deal with certain situations, etc. I then went in for an interview with the executives the role supported. I had 3 30 minute interviews, and those were totally different. I guess they just want to see your personality, but they hardly asked any questions - I felt like it was more up to me to guide the conversation. It was alright, just very different. SO make sure you have questions prepared to ask! And make sure you know a little bit about the company too. Oh, and you do have to take a Microsoft skills assessment as well as a proofreading assessment. The only one I had a difficult time with was the Outlook test because my current company doesn't use Outlook so I am way out of practice - but I still passed.

Interview Questions

• What has been one of the most challenging situations you've faced professionally?   1 Answer

Campus Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Applied on my University's career page, which then led to me being contacted by a recruiter. I had 3 more additional Skype interviews. Pretty straight forward questions about how I handle myself under situations of stress and chaos.

Interview Questions

• What is a criticism that you received and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Applied online through my campus online recruiting website. It was stereotypical interview which took place on campus. I was contacted a couple of weeks later in which I was informed that I would not be receiving a second round interview.

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY).

Interview

First you interview on campus with two people. If they like you then you make it to the next round at the location. Blitz weekend where they fly you from your school to the desired location. There are networking events where you meet employees, case studies (1 individual, 1 group), and personal interviews. You will interview with a minimum of one Partner. From what I have heard, you need to be approved by at least one Partner/Senior Manager during the interview process

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Consulting?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time where a project was not going to plan and how you were able to correct that situation.   Answer Question
    • Describe your experience with (resume item) "Study Abroad," "Internship," etc...   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Durham, NC).

Interview

It was quick and simple. If you haven't networked in the company, the interviews are useless. You need to have spoken to each and every person you can access on LinkedIn to get a good review. Overall the process was simple.

Interview Questions

• Q. What does risk mean to you?   1 Answer

BTA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

1st round (on campus): behavioral + case
    2nd round (Deloitte): BTA case analysis
    The case interview is very different from other consulting firm, so make sure you not only understand the model of how to answer the questions, but in detail why and how.

Interview Questions

• BTA case: if you have two weeks to go to Mexico to integrate the systems. How would you schedule the meetings, who will you talk to, and why?   Answer Question

Cyber Risk Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte in February 2017.

Interview

3 - 30 minute back to back interviews. 2 behavioral, 1 technical (but the technical turned out to be more behavioral). The recruiter called me on a Friday, I got scheduled for an interview the following Thursday, and was extended an offer the following day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself; Why Deloitte?; Walk me through your resume; What questions do you have for me (this was very important - the recruiter stressed the need to have questions ready)?   Answer Question

Project Controller Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I went through three rounds of interviews. The first was a phone interview with HR, the second was a phone interview with a manager, and the third was a three part in-person interview that consisted of a technical component, fit part, and case.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you think this job is. Why the switch to this? Where do you see yourself in the future?How do you do a pivot table? In case interview-how to optimize cost efficiency.   Answer Question

Federal S&O Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Charlottesville, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Recruited on campus. Received email regarding interview around a week after submitting application. Offered a lot of workshops for case interview help and networking opportunity before the interview. You hear back your result few hours after the interview.