Deloitte Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017
7,415 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

Alliance Manager Interview

Interview

Challenging. The Firm is serious about it's people so they look for culture fit in addition to intelligence and experience. I took the business case very seriously and wrote about what I would bring to the Firm.

Interview Questions

• Write a business case on why to hire you   2 Answers

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online (I currently work in this field for a competitor) for a consultant position within the Human Capital Practice: Organization, Transformation & Talent Group. Within a week a I heard from a recruiter, who setup a phone interview.

Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers.

A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. I really appreciated that Deloitte made the effort to get someone from this office, as it is not in one of their major cities

Technical Phone Interview: Asked me about my experiences within change management consulting. He would ask me to explain things in more detail, and drill down into my examples. Advice is to again be confident, have lots of examples of the work you have done on hand, and be able to frame your examples (size of team/project, budget, what you did, results, etc).

A few days later I was invited to in-person interviews. Deloitte flew me out on a Thursday night, and back Friday afternoon. The format was 1 case and 2 behavioral. To prep, I walked through Deloitte's case prep online, made sure I had solid experiences to share for about 5 different types of questions, and had a good "story" to tell about why Deloitte and why I wanted to switch.

Case: Very straightforward. I was given the paper with the case on it. Focus was on an ERP implementation. I took my time to organize an initial response and explained how I setup/grouped the info (Strategy, opportunities, challenges). The interviewer walked me through the case, asking questions and followup questions. Key advice is to link everything back to the strategy, bring in ideas not in the case, and be able to come up with how "your" services will add value (+profit or -cost) to the company.

Behavioral: 2 separate interviews. Very similar. Be able to have solid examples that show a variety of experiences. Be personable, that is what consulting is about. Be able to show results and value from your past experiences.

Afterwards I followed up with emails. Heard back the following Tuesday via a phone call. Took about 2 weeks to work out the offer before I accepted. Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and professional. Very impressed overall.

Negotiation

I countered the salary (which was already at the top of the Glassdoor range) and they met me in the middle. Always negotiate. One email that took 10 mins to craft pocketed me a decent sum. Also, don't sound too eager when you are offered, and take your time before writing the counter offer.

Deloitte Response

Mar 20, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Thank you so much for offering such a helpful and detailed review!

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

They were fairly casual about the hiring process, but when asked a question the hiring manager seemed inflexible. Specifically, I asked them about why I was only being considered for what would equate to a lateral move when there were other positions I was qualified to be considered. They drove ahead with offering me a lateral move. I declined.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you handle situations where you are stressed?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

1 HR interview followed by 1 Skype interview. There were 2 interviewers and they asked me a few valuation approaches and 3 case interviews. The result was pretty quick and I was informed of the result within days. I was asked to take another listening skills test that I thought was pretty useful since most of work involved talking to onshore clients.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

fast. One Phone interview and in person interview. The in person interview has 2 aspects. technical and character. fast. One Phone interview and in person interview. The in person interview has 2 aspects. technical and character.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to Deloitte? I was fresh out of college. Asked me about difficult situation at college.   Answer Question

DNLC Participant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

one campus interview, conversational and behavioral questions. two interviews at office and meeting with recruiters and new hires. there was an office tour. final interviews were with a partner and then one lower level employee

Full Stack Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Was contacted by an internal recruiter within a few days of submitting my application. The initial call was about 30 minutes long, and very informative about Deloitte in general and the particular vertical I applied to.

Follow up call less than a week later, this time a basic technical screen consisting of a brief conversation, followed by several short interactive coding problems.

Third call was a few days later with the hiring manager, and very conversational in nature; seemed like a quick litmus test for cultural fit.

Brought in for on-site about a week later, which was only about 3 hours long and a comfortable mixture of technical questions and conversation about my background and experience.

At every point along the way I was treated with dignity and respect, offered water to drink and periodic short breaks to break up the flow of people. I was informed about next steps at the conclusion of each stage, and was kept abreast of my status by the internal recruiter who was working with me the whole way. All told, a very refreshing change from the usual slog.

Interview Questions

• How has your experience with technology informed your problem solving skills?   Answer Question

Pioneer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY).

Interview

Some interviews are virtual, which means you record yourself responding to a question on the screen. Some interviews are traditional, in person at the office or online via skype. I was able to apply for 2 office locations.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Much more like a conversation than an interview. I had four interviews total, which seemed a little excessive at the time. But the people showed a lot of interest in me personally and professionally, which was refreshing compared to other Big 4 firms.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX).

Interview

Overall the campus hire interviews really focus on soft skills. There will be technical questions down the line and a simulation type exercise but I would not overthink it because they really focus on problem solving as opposed to current knowledge bank.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Campus hire - 2 back to back interviews on campus - behavioral and case. 2nd round - office interview.
    Group case, individual case, and behavioral.
    Not expected to have previous consulting experience - looking for interest, drive, etc.
    Group case - not as intimidating as expected. Everyone was collaborative (although that was just my experience)

Interview Questions

• Why this specific area of consulting (human capital, rewards).   Answer Question