EY Interview Questions | Glassdoor

6,245 Interview Reviews

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online through my university job site, was emailed a few days later on a Friday inviting me to submit a video interview by Sunday at 5PM. They would flash a question on the screen for 30seconds and you had 3 minutes to respond with 10 tries at each question. Was contacted a week later to be invited for a face to face OCI.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   2 Answers
    • Time you had to work with a group member who took a different approach than you   Answer Question
    • One skill you have yet to talk about in this interview   Answer Question
    • A time you had to have a difficult conversation with a coworker   Answer Question

Risk Advisory Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Two Interviews - 30 minute behavioral and 30 minute case. The behavioral interview was traditional, most of the questions were basic and personality/experience oriented. The case portion was relatively simple - identifying red flags in an organization that was described.

Interview Questions

• Why EY? Why Advisory? What are the differences between Advisory and Consulting?   Answer Question

Financial Advisory Manager Interview

Interview

Submit an application online, HR phone screened within a week, didn't hear anything from her for a week, I sent her a follow up email, no response, tried another follow up email in week 2 after initial phone, she responded and scheduled a phone screen with inline manager, another week later, she told me that manager is on 2 week vacation, waited for 2 weeks, I was told on that phone interview day that manager is not available, but she got me another manager to talk at the same time.
    That conversation went well, but I didn't hear anything from HR for almost 2 weeks, sent another follow up email, HR told me to prepare to fly to NY office for on site (super Friday). 3 days before super Friday, she told me interviewers couldn't make it and moved me to the following Friday.

I fly to NY the night before after work around 7PM, flight was delayed and didn't take off until past 10PM, it happened that HR said me an email at 9:40PM that night before interview to notify me some schedule change and also notify me that 2 of 3 interviewers couldn't meet me on site. I was really tired as I arrived at the hotel around 1AM so I didn't even read that email.
    So I was in their NYC office way much earlier than my
    scheduled time, only realized about the last minute change.

Anyway, my greeter took me up regardless and dozing off in their office for sometimes before finally meeting with the only person, who happened to be the peer of the position. Then supposed to talk to 2 person over the phone and I cannot believe EY office phone is NOT working!!!!! (My interviewer helped me dial multiple times and he gave up on helpless phone) So I have to use my cell phone but reception was really bad in the super densed area like Time Square office :-(

After on site, again never hear anything from HR, send a follow up email, HR said don't know about the result, then never heard back on my 2nd follow up email.

I submit the expenses for reimbursement, and I was told i should get a prepaid Visa card within 18-21 business days, well, still waiting for that....

The whole interview process is just so messy, and it lasts 9+ weeks, and yet I still haven't get any results... I get it that consultant's world are less predictable and you have to be more flexible, but I don't think this justified their messy process, I don't feel being respected of my time during the process. And also, it makes me wonder that if EY's administration is in such a messy manner, why would Company paid hefty $$$ to hire their services??!! I am so disappointed!

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Hiring process was straightforward. I applied through my university's job posting site and met a few representatives at the career fair. First round interview was easy and second round was slightly more challenging. Both were strategy cases.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Video interview - They had you pre record answers via interview. There were a lot of technical difficulties and because it wasn't a conversation, it was difficult to really show your personality via the video interview.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Seattle, WA).

Interview

3 interviews spread out over 3 weeks. Each progressively more technical than the previous. Mainly questions about different security use cases and implementations that I had experience with. The first two lasted about 45 min the last one was over Skype and lasted just under two hours.

Interview Questions

• What are some cyber security use cases you have implemented in the past.   Answer Question

CTM Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EY (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

EY hosted on-campus interviews after my school's career fair. If they enjoyed you during the on-campus interview, you were invited to fly to the on-site location and go through a final round interview.
    On-campus interview: Two interviewers; 40 minutes; Impromptu ; asked questions regarding resume and scenario like questions
    Final round interview: Three 40 minute interviews with one interviewer each; Impromptu; asked questions about resume, what i do in my free time, team environments, and emphasized on EY culture

Timeline:
    *Talked with recruiters at college career fair
    *3 days letter received email about on-campus interview
    *On-campus interview 2 days later
    *6 business days later received email about final round invite that would be hosted in 4 days
    *From final interview; 1 month to hear back

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Very relaxed! Mostly behavioral questions. There are no trick questions and manager was very friendly. There’s an on campus interview then an office interview. They already know you are smart and are capable of doing the job by reading your resume, therefore they just want to see if they like you as a person and if they would enjoy working with you

Transfer Pricing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied for the job online. A phone interview took place after I received an email of interest, which turned out to be an enjoyable conversation. This was followed with an in-person interview a few weeks later. The interview took place at the LA office with a TP partner. Straight forward interview with a focus on determining of I would be a good fit with the team.

Advisory Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter. Then a technical phone screen. After, I cleared the phone screen, had 3 30 min interviews on Skype. 1 technical with senior manager and 2 behavioral with another senior manager and director. Interviewers were quite friendly. Mostly look for cultural fit.Process was slow but recruiter was extremely friendly and helpful and kept me in loop.