EY Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2018
6,586 Interview Reviews

2.9

Risk Advisory Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Two Interviews - 30 minute behavioral and 30 minute case. The behavioral interview was traditional, most of the questions were basic and personality/experience oriented. The case portion was relatively simple - identifying red flags in an organization that was described.

Interview Questions

• Why EY? Why Advisory? What are the differences between Advisory and Consulting?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online through my university job site, was emailed a few days later on a Friday inviting me to submit a video interview by Sunday at 5PM. They would flash a question on the screen for 30seconds and you had 3 minutes to respond with 10 tries at each question. Was contacted a week later to be invited for a face to face OCI.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   3 Answers
    • Time you had to work with a group member who took a different approach than you   Answer Question
    • One skill you have yet to talk about in this interview   Answer Question
    • A time you had to have a difficult conversation with a coworker   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

The first round interview was on campus. It was one to one. I was asked to solve 3 math and statistics problems like calculating MLE and linear regression diagnostics. Then the second round was at the NY office. You will first be asked to take a writing test and had 4 one to one interview. No behavior questions and all about math, coding and statistics.

Interview Questions

• How to solve a time series with a trend?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

first round was technical. Simple technical questions based on my IT experience. That went on for 30 minutes. Post that I had an HR round for 20 minutes. All questions were basic hr questions like why EY, why should we hire you etc.

Records Management Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I was invited to do a digital interview, which I'd never heard of before. Basically a question would be presented, you get 30 seconds to prepare an answer, then 3 minutes to answer while it records. You get one re-do. There were 7 questions, one multiple choice asking what you wanted for salary.

Interview Questions

• Why EY?   1 Answer
    • How does your education and experience qualify you for the position?   1 Answer
    • What do you like most about your current job?   1 Answer

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

This was a pre-recorded video interview. It consisted of 5 questions in which you had up to 3 minutes to respond. I was able to record at most 3 attempts for each of the questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Applied online through my University, and then received an email from a regional recruiter to set up an in person interview. Shortly after the first interview I heard back from my recruiter to set up another in person interview onsite.

The onsite interview included meeting with a small amount of other applicants, viewing the location, and a set of 3 interviews. The interviews consisted of 2 behavioral interviews and 1 case study. Basic preparation and a well thought out process will be very helpful.

Assurance Associate Interview

Interview

Start by introducing himself - tell me about yourself question - question about leadership and teamwork experience - end with asking him questions. This is the second interview, an on campus one.

Senior Consultant - Advisory Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Phone Screening with a HR Recruiter followed by three phone calls with professionals in industry. Received confirmation for a fourth phone interview which was then missed with no outreach and followed up with a phone call at 5:30 PM on a Friday that an offer had been made to another candidate. HR Rep also asked what three individuals I had interviewed with and then told me they had not received feedback from one. Whole process was fairly frustrating and the experience reflected fairly negatively on a firm that purports its people are most valued.

Interview Questions

• Walk through your resume? Where do you see ____ industry going in the next 10 years?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through my school's job portal. Then I had a phone interview with a manager. After that, I was invited back for an onsite interview. This consisted of two behavioral interviews, one technical interview and one computer test on my knowledge.

Interview Questions

• The interview consisted of many behavioral questions. They asked me a bit of my knowledge about real estate, but a lot of it was seeing whether I would be a good fit for the company or not.   Answer Question