EY Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 20, 2017
6,048 Interview Reviews

2.9

Financial Advisory Manager Interview

Interview

Submit an application online, HR phone screened within a week, didn't hear anything from her for a week, I sent her a follow up email, no response, tried another follow up email in week 2 after initial phone, she responded and scheduled a phone screen with inline manager, another week later, she told me that manager is on 2 week vacation, waited for 2 weeks, I was told on that phone interview day that manager is not available, but she got me another manager to talk at the same time.
    That conversation went well, but I didn't hear anything from HR for almost 2 weeks, sent another follow up email, HR told me to prepare to fly to NY office for on site (super Friday). 3 days before super Friday, she told me interviewers couldn't make it and moved me to the following Friday.

I fly to NY the night before after work around 7PM, flight was delayed and didn't take off until past 10PM, it happened that HR said me an email at 9:40PM that night before interview to notify me some schedule change and also notify me that 2 of 3 interviewers couldn't meet me on site. I was really tired as I arrived at the hotel around 1AM so I didn't even read that email.
    So I was in their NYC office way much earlier than my
    scheduled time, only realized about the last minute change.

Anyway, my greeter took me up regardless and dozing off in their office for sometimes before finally meeting with the only person, who happened to be the peer of the position. Then supposed to talk to 2 person over the phone and I cannot believe EY office phone is NOT working!!!!! (My interviewer helped me dial multiple times and he gave up on helpless phone) So I have to use my cell phone but reception was really bad in the super densed area like Time Square office :-(

After on site, again never hear anything from HR, send a follow up email, HR said don't know about the result, then never heard back on my 2nd follow up email.

I submit the expenses for reimbursement, and I was told i should get a prepaid Visa card within 18-21 business days, well, still waiting for that....

The whole interview process is just so messy, and it lasts 9+ weeks, and yet I still haven't get any results... I get it that consultant's world are less predictable and you have to be more flexible, but I don't think this justified their messy process, I don't feel being respected of my time during the process. And also, it makes me wonder that if EY's administration is in such a messy manner, why would Company paid hefty $$$ to hire their services??!! I am so disappointed!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online through my university job site, was emailed a few days later on a Friday inviting me to submit a video interview by Sunday at 5PM. They would flash a question on the screen for 30seconds and you had 3 minutes to respond with 10 tries at each question. Was contacted a week later to be invited for a face to face OCI.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Time you had to work with a group member who took a different approach than you   Answer Question
    • One skill you have yet to talk about in this interview   Answer Question
    • A time you had to have a difficult conversation with a coworker   Answer Question

Risk Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Digital interview - allowed you to rewatch and rerecord your answers. Took about 40 minutes total but varies depending on how many times you record your responses. On campus interview after then they invite you to one of their offices.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions...tell me about a time you and a coworker had different styles   Answer Question

TAP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Interviewed at Dallas TX. Reimburse the hotels , food and can. Conversational Great experience. Make all the questions inside the conversation. The case question is different from the traditional MBB case. Almost no calculation involved.

Interview Questions

• Leadership, teamwork, apply one knowledge to another field   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I applied on my school's career website and ended up making it to the first round of interviews. The first round consisted of a series of questions you must answer while recording yourself, I believe there were 5 questions and you had multiple attempts at each question. In my opinion, this is an awful way to see if a candidate is qualified for the position or if they fit the company's culture. I found out a few days later that I made the next round which was an on campus interview. I met with 2 tax employees and they asked about my classes and some behavioral questions. This ultimately was the last round of interviews . It took HR two and a half weeks to get back to me about whether I would receive an offer or not and received an automated email.

Interview Questions

• If you have made honor roll so many times, why is your GPA not very high?   Answer Question

Risk Advisory Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Two Interviews - 30 minute behavioral and 30 minute case. The behavioral interview was traditional, most of the questions were basic and personality/experience oriented. The case portion was relatively simple - identifying red flags in an organization that was described.

Interview Questions

• Why EY? Why Advisory? What are the differences between Advisory and Consulting?   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Standard interview questions - all behavioral and very formal. I did not like the interview process/interviewer. I unfortunately am filling this out to access the Glass door website because they forced me to.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Around an hour for the first round interview. Started with general questions about me and my background in school, then dove into asking questions about my resume and experience. Was hard to tell if it went well or not since it flowed like a casual conversation dotted with a few prompts.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had trouble with a group mate and how you resolved it.   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Interview

One 30 minute interview and the recruiter was very nice. Mostly focus on telling stories and asking questions on the resume. The questions are mostly behavior with general questions like why do you want to apply to this position.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process consisted of one phone interview and a super day made up of 3 back to back interviews at headquarters. The process was quick and lasted a few weeks.