EY Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017
5,833 Interview Reviews

2.9

Financial Advisory Manager Interview

Interview

Submit an application online, HR phone screened within a week, didn't hear anything from her for a week, I sent her a follow up email, no response, tried another follow up email in week 2 after initial phone, she responded and scheduled a phone screen with inline manager, another week later, she told me that manager is on 2 week vacation, waited for 2 weeks, I was told on that phone interview day that manager is not available, but she got me another manager to talk at the same time.
    That conversation went well, but I didn't hear anything from HR for almost 2 weeks, sent another follow up email, HR told me to prepare to fly to NY office for on site (super Friday). 3 days before super Friday, she told me interviewers couldn't make it and moved me to the following Friday.

I fly to NY the night before after work around 7PM, flight was delayed and didn't take off until past 10PM, it happened that HR said me an email at 9:40PM that night before interview to notify me some schedule change and also notify me that 2 of 3 interviewers couldn't meet me on site. I was really tired as I arrived at the hotel around 1AM so I didn't even read that email.
    So I was in their NYC office way much earlier than my
    scheduled time, only realized about the last minute change.

Anyway, my greeter took me up regardless and dozing off in their office for sometimes before finally meeting with the only person, who happened to be the peer of the position. Then supposed to talk to 2 person over the phone and I cannot believe EY office phone is NOT working!!!!! (My interviewer helped me dial multiple times and he gave up on helpless phone) So I have to use my cell phone but reception was really bad in the super densed area like Time Square office :-(

After on site, again never hear anything from HR, send a follow up email, HR said don't know about the result, then never heard back on my 2nd follow up email.

I submit the expenses for reimbursement, and I was told i should get a prepaid Visa card within 18-21 business days, well, still waiting for that....

The whole interview process is just so messy, and it lasts 9+ weeks, and yet I still haven't get any results... I get it that consultant's world are less predictable and you have to be more flexible, but I don't think this justified their messy process, I don't feel being respected of my time during the process. And also, it makes me wonder that if EY's administration is in such a messy manner, why would Company paid hefty $$$ to hire their services??!! I am so disappointed!

FSO Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn followed by a short 10 min phone conversation around what the role was. About 2-3 weeks later received an email checking my availability for a particular date. Once we reached a mutually agreeable date, was scheduled to fly down to New York for interviews. Interview day was pretty casual. They made me feel comfortable and it was more conversational rather than a what you might typically expect out of an interview, mostly around my resume with a few product based experience related questions. A total of 5 interviews with 2 managers, a senior manager, an executive director, and a partner. I was made to sit in one room and the interviewers took turns to come in on a scheduled basis. Was contacted a week later and told that I will be extended an offer

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I applied through on campus recruiting, was notified within a week that I had an interview. The interview was recording my answers and submitting at the end when I felt the way I answered was adequate. A very pleasant experience overall

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to tell someone difficult news.   Answer Question

Structured Finance Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Very fair and structured interview process with multiple rounds of interviews (managers and partners). Question were mostly about resume and past experience. Not very technical. The interview involved a case study.

FSO Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Applied through university careers website. Had an on campus interview with simple questions about myself. Then went to the office for 3 back to back interviews: 2 behavioral and 1 case interview.

FSO BAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through school, interviewed with an alumni, very nice people. First round all behavioral and easy chat. Invited to online writing, did not pass. I suppose if you do pass, you will be invited to mega day or something like that at their office.

Sfaff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

A group interview and a partner's one on one interview. The group interview included a case study and one one one interview with a senior manager. and the partner is a very nice person and it takes around 25 minutes.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

normal behavior questions, meet team people (around four people) one by one, talk to them with some behavior questions answer, asked them about their work, and ask questions about the position

People Advisory Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL).

Interview

EY PAS did not recruit at my campus, so my first round was a behavioral phone interview. Second round, I was interviewed by 3 different more senior EY PAS employees and all were behavioral interviews.

Risk Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed overall. I had a campus interview, a phone interview with a partner and then an office interview which comprised of a case study and lunch. I was worried about the case interview but it was very easy to pick out what the company was doing wrong and right. They give you an office tour and make you feel very comfortable. They just want to get to know who you are so be confident and be yourself and you will be fine!