EY Interview Questions | Glassdoor

7,497 Interview Reviews

2.8

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

4 hours of GMAT questions. I was prepared for this but I thought it was a bit too much for an Internship that is very low paid. I dont know if anyone bothered to check my answers, but they let me know that I passed. After that the HR contacted me and asked to wait until some Partner is in town. Since I already had a job, I didnt bother her anymore, nor she ever got back at me. Very unprofessional.

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Interviewed first with a person from HR who specialized in my area of expertise. I was very impress with her deep knowledge of the technical aspect of the job and willingness for transparency. Next interview was with a team on site in Chicago. Again very personable with deep knowledge of the role

Consulting Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at EY in September 2008.

Interview

Headhunter contact me to see if I was interested in working for Oil & Gas practice in Saudi Arabia. I agreed to consider the possibility. I was introduced to E&Y, and I had 4 or 5 phone interviews with mostly partners spread throughout a period of about 6 weeks. The process concluded with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe me in detail a difficult situation that you have recently faced in consulting; particularly one that you were unable to overcome or which resulted in imperfect results.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in Saudi Arabia?   Answer Question

Salary represented about 40% of my previous salary in the USA; home allowance was insufficient to live in a comparable compound house to the one I have in the USA. Number of holidays was very good, but the travel home allowance was not even enough to pay for a round trip coach class ticket to the USA per year. Job expectations prevented me from living in Bahrain, and expected me to work not only during the week, but also most weekends.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL) in April 2018.

Interview

The process dragged on for over a month. I was told that the hiring manager needed Windows people the most so the focus would be on them. Then I was told to be ready for an in person interview (already had 3 phone interviews) and was told to schedule my flight and hotel. A day later I was told the manager could not meet with me on that date due to an important outage. No follow up after that. So this told me the manager could care less about the position I was trying to fill. If he felt this poorly at that time it did not bode well for what would happen later. Its a shame. I really wanted to work for EY.

Interview Questions

• Q: What was you exeperience before in this role?   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Submitted my application and heard back in a week. I did an initial phone call before being asked to office for an in-person interview. The woman on the phone was in HR and while she knew the manager's preference was not overly familiar with job specifics. The phone call was pretty standard and nothing surprising was asked. Pretty much they were just checking that you were alive and could speak coherently about your experience.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer wanted to know experiences that set me apart from other applicants.   Answer Question

Performance Improvement Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Received a call through E&Y's corporate recruiter and talked over the phone for 10 minutes. Then I was scheduled on call with a senior manager. One week later based on the positive feedback I was invited to 5 Times Square to meet with 2 other managers and the practice leader (partner level). The interview were pretty easy since no tough technical questions were involved.

Interview Questions

• What are your major responsibilities on your current job?   Answer Question
    • Analyze the profitability of a commercial insurance company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much space for negotiation for this level.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

the interview process began with an on campus interview, followed by an interview in the office. all the interviewees were subdivided and taken to interview with two managers (one at a time)

Interview Questions

• a time when you faced a team challenge and how you handled it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Got a call, great people to talk to, excellent conversation. Good questions and gave supporting replies. They are Excited to hear what you have to say and very interested in your future plans. One of very few companies that really focuses on you rather than numbers. Core values of EY are the best. They encourage leadership and hard work. Dont stress when talking to them, really casual conversation.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

I met with 15 people including other associates, managers, principals, and vice presidents for thirty to sixty minute long interviews. I interviewed over three visits to the office and also had a phone interview prior to being invited to the office for the in person interviews. The interviews consisted of solving business cases, personality testing, and conversations where the interviewer got to know me better, The cases focused on real life examples of problems that I would encounter on the job.

Associate Interview

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interviews, Manager, Senior Manager and 2 Partners. Questions are very easy, particularly fit questions to make sure you are interested in doing transfer pricing. The partners are very nice and encouraging and want you to succeed but are interested in determining that you are keen and want to be a part of Transfer Pricing.