Kroger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,777 Interview Reviews

1.8

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and after a week heard back from the nurse that was going to interview me by email, then had a personal one on one with her. Very lax interview, with question centering around customer services and patient care.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with telling a customer no?   2 Answers

Over Night Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Interview was scheduled for 11 a.m. and I arrived at 10:45 a.m. I waited almost 30 minutes before the store manager brought me into his office. I was asked very basic questions such pertaining to my retail experience, availability, and anything that'll prevent me from not arriving to work if I was to be hired.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell me this pen?   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

It was a group interview with a lady from HR. She asked standard interview questions then put us in groups of 2 or 3 and gave us a product. We had to describe where would place it in the store for best visibility and why.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a customer happy.   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kroger (Oak Ridge, TN) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied online, received phone call to come in for interview and testing. Was offered position after testing and interview, completed on-site drug screening. Had to wait for background check and drug screening to come back in order to start training.

Interview Questions

• Asked average questions about handling conflict issues in previously held positions and jobs.   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kroger (Portland, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

I am already an insider here but have applied for numerous jobs. I had four, yes 4 interviews for this particular job. I was fairly confident I had it, I was supposed to hear about their decision when they returned from an overseas buying trip, but I got a generic letter in the mail a couple days later saying thanks but no thanks. I was appaled given I have worked here 20 years and they can’t set two minutes aside to tell me in person somehow, or even keep their word about making the decision. End of story, I will not try again.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I interviewed at Kroger (Louisville, KY) in March 2012.

Interview

It is a 2-3 interview process with a test online

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your supervisory skills and how they relate to this potetial   Answer Question

Negotiation

I looked at my future needs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg Township, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Hamburg Township, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

I had to fill out an online application and aptitude test before showing up to the walk in interview. When I arrived I had to redo both. They could not find it in there system.

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Wichita, KS) in November 2013.

Interview

Lots of Behavioral questions. Got a phone interview then 2 weeks later a panel interview with district manager, hr coordinator and talent manager. Lasted an hour and a half. 2 weeks later got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a bad customer experience and how you handled it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

3 person panel style interview. All questions were behaviorally based and the questions asked were rotated evenly between each of the three individuals conducting the interview. The process took around 45 minutes, and very few questions involved company numerical or procedures. The individuals conducting the interview made the surroundings feel comfortable, and it wasn't intimidating. Overall the atmosphere was good.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to reprimand an employee   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating the pay. It was discussed before the interview took place.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Nashville, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

3 interviews. Phone call screen (interview #1). Meeting at Corp office (interview #2). Meeting at the DO (interview #3).

I was please that everyone I dealt with was very professional and friendly. Every single person was down to earth and took the ease off of a nerve-wrecking situation. I was told some of there professional backgrounds as well. It's always nice to hear something about the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions...(not as scary as some other places I have interviewed, in fact, Krogers questions were not scary at all.   1 Answer
    • Something similar to..."Give and example when a project went downhill that you were in charge of, but had delegated the task to someone else. How would did you take accountability for your actions and what did you do to correct the situation?"   1 Answer