Kroger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,521 Interview Reviews

1.8

1. Featured Interview

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger in November 2014.

Interview

I was a relatively quick interview process. I applied online. A few days later received a phone call with a time to show up for an interview. Upon arriving I met with a manager and HR and were asked general behavioral type questions. I did well and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped a customer and they left satisfied.   3 Answers

Customer Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Kroger (West Valley City, UT).

Interview

Applied through Elwood Staffing and interview with Elwood. One interview and was offered the job. They mostly asked behavioral questions. Typical call center questions. Easy process and typing test.

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

phone interview first, then scheduled face to face.
    “There was nothing about my last job that I hated, but I guess there were some things I liked less than others. My previous role involved working as a sales rep for a marketing company where a day to day mission would be to go from door to door businesses and try to sell our products, which was AT&t. While I do love to travel and interact with people this particular job was exhausting as I quickly discovered I’m not a salesman type. I’m happy to see that this role involves a lot less sales and more of looking out for the benefit of mankind.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kroger (Denton, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Easy, went in for a job fair, got hired on the spot, also did a oral drug test on the spot, expecting a call next week to start. Really easy, did a group interview. You had to have applied online first to participate in the job fair.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Mount Vernon, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview started on time and was very laid back and relaxing. They asked great questions about you as a person and how Kroger fits into your life goals. They have the ability to hire on the spot and to move forward in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What was the best experience you ever had with Customer Service? (To answer an "Ever" question is difficult on the spot.)   1 Answer

Apparel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kroger (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

I walked into Kroger for a job fair was hired during a job fair on the spot. They had everything ready to go and sent you in for immediate interviews. It was very fast efficient.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on past experience. They didn't ask any of those questions about what if and your goal in 5 years.   1 Answer

Deli/Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hebron, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Hebron, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Did Online application and then was contacted by the third Party Hiring Firm. Was asked in to store for a face to face interview within a couple days. Very relaxed with easy questions.

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Interview

Only one interview, had the front end manager and HR manager present. Not very hard questions at all, because I had no prior experience and no one else did. Right after the interview there was a mouth swab for a drug test, if that's a concern.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation?   2 Answers

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Had to do a phone interview which lead to an in store interview within a few days was hired and started training process which was mostly computer based then led to job shadowing

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olive Branch, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Olive Branch, MS).

Interview

I applied and two days later I was called in for an interview. I went in and interviewed with one of the managers. We immediately got along, and the interview went great.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you over the other applicants? What can you bring?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Interview

They ask you questions based on your behaviors - past innovation experience, teamwork, leadership, etc. There are some technical questions but the main focus is behavioral. Overall I liked the approach but it did feel a bit odd to not speak very much about the actual job.

Interview Questions

• Q: What's a weakness of yours and how have you learned from it   Answer Question