Kroger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,628 Interview Reviews

1.8

1. Featured Interview

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger in November 2014.

Interview

I was a relatively quick interview process. I applied online. A few days later received a phone call with a time to show up for an interview. Upon arriving I met with a manager and HR and were asked general behavioral type questions. I did well and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped a customer and they left satisfied.   6 Answers

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Very easy interview. Applied online through an employee referral and was quickly contacted by telephone for a pre-screening. The screening consisted of general customer service related questions. I was then scheduled for an in-store interview and was asked about my previous work and more basic customer service related questions. I was offered the job on the spot and required to do an oral swab drug screen. Once the results came back I was scheduled to begin work within the following days,

Deli Clerk Interview

Interview

I applied online. The process took a week and a half and then I had the interview 4 days later. The interview wasn’t good. I came on time. The manager was really unprofessional. He couldn’t even find my application. I tried to give the best interview I could.

Junior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kroger (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2018.

Interview

From the time I applied to when I received a phone interview, it was about 2 months. The phone interview was pretty standard. They went over my background and experiences, asked about my experience in analyzing data (i.e. what tools I used, the amount I processed, etc.), and it felt very conversational.

I was brought in for an in-person interview 2 1/2 weeks later, which consisted of two parts. First was a behavioral interview, which had approximately 5 questions in BAR (background, action, result) format. Then 2-3 personal questions (what do you like to do for fun, what have you recently done for personal and professional development, etc.) The second part of the interview was a technical review. They give you an Excel spreadsheet with sales data and you are asked to analyze it in order to answer structured questions, as well as a longer free-form data manipulation question. It’s A LOT of data, and I didn’t get through all of it. My interviewers said not many people get through all the data. They just want to see what thought process you were following and if you know how to use Excel formulas.

I was offered the job and my start date was about 3 weeks from then. However, I was offered the job right before Christmas, so this delayed things a bit. The interview was pretty standard, and the reason I thought it wasn’t too bad was because I worked in a data analyst role for 4 years prior to applying for this position.

Interview Questions

• Can you name a time when you were asked to perform job duties that were outside of your job description.   Answer Question
    • Can you name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer or manager?   Answer Question

Store Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Lol. Where to start. I'm currently a GM with another major retailer, I've been a GM for 5 years. I was recruiter by roundys (owned by Kroger now). It took 4 emails to recruiter Bridgette Miller to finally get an interview set up. She told me I'd hear back within a few days. That was 3 weeks ago. I sent 2 follow up emails and an email to the hr director. Still nothing. After THEY recruited me?

My current company location is closing, which is what caused me to start looking. I currently have 3 offers from :Shopko, Dicks and Target to be a GM. So it's not like I interviewed bad or didn't have qualifications. The communication is absolutely terrible from kroger. If Bridgette is recruiting you, good luck getting a response.

Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

interviewed with the district manager after the store manager, then met with the hr rep in roanoke, interview was fairly simple, lnew alot about the company, got hired shortly after the interview.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kroger (Laurel, MS).

Interview

I got the call within a week. Interview was wonderful. He asked a few basic questions and I got the job. I started a few days later about 3 days.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

very relaxing. Make sure you do your homework. No worries if you have a plan you will do well. One of the easier interviews I have been apart of.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Conroe, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

The HR representative was very friendly and polite. When she did the oral drug test, she was very gentle. I was immediately offered a job. It was a very comfortable interview, which made me much less nervous.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingsport, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Kingsport, TN) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Took 2 days for phone interview. 2 more for in person interview. Very simple questions, interviewer was extremely nice. I was hired on spot, 2 days after went in for a drug test. Was told I would start training process in a few days as long as drug test came back okay. No background check was done.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a customer and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milford, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Milford, OH) in December 2017.

Interview

I participated in a phone interview and after about a 10 minute phone call was asked to come in person for an interview. Interview was in the back of the store in the HR persons office and was very easy and quick. I got the job on the spot after a few questions, signing a couple forms and a drug test.