Morgan Stanley Java Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Morgan Stanley Java Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Morgan Stanley

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

They gave me onsite opportunity after reviewed my resume. So I went there, there are 3 rounds of interviews, from 10am to 2pm. by 2 senior engineers and a manager. I followed up for twice in 1 month, silent reject I guess.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

phone interview plus onsite, phone interview is very basic, which is about basic knowledge about java. And in onsite, there are 3 people in total, ask coding and something about OOD. Not very difficult. The people are very nice and they will help you to solve questions if you cannot give a solution directly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

I got in the process for experienced position via Agent. i submitted cv and got a date for first screening interview round in Morgan Stanley Tokyo.

That round went well. They just asked basic question about what i do and past experience.

I got rejection after 1 week.

Just one request to company : if you are shortlisting someone for position, atleast have a technical interview to know how they are stronger in skills.

Interview Questions

• Some basic puzzle like burning rope from two ends. and questions on past experience ( not detailed )   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

I got a call through a consultancy and went to their campus on a Saturday. It was a drive for around 35-40 candidates.

1. Written Exam (45 mins)
    There were 10 code snippets based MCQs totally based on java. They were easy and can be easily answered if you are attempting after few days of preparation.
    There were also 2 programs and 2 SQL based questions.
    But they were strict about time i.e. 45 minutes which is less.

2. F2F Discussion (Normal Java Round)
    This discussion was totally based on Java.
    All the common topics like immutability, interface, Abstract class, singleton pattern, multithreading, collections were covered.

3. F2F Discussion (Design Round)
    I was asked to create a design for a problem statement by the interviewer. The main things that were targeted were Multithreading, choice of datastructures and the controller logic like polling etc.

4. Telephonic Discusssion (NY)
    I had a discussion with their on-site developer. We discussed about java and basics of multithreading and then a bit about sql. BTW only two candidates made till this round.

They informed me that i ll have a telephonic round with MD in coming days and then managerial and hr rounds..

5. Then after one week i had a discussion with MD (NY). Discussion was about aspirations and job requirement.

6. After continuously following up for 2 weeks , they set up a F2F managerial discussion(pro-fit round) with Senior VP. Discussion was high level technical and about salary expectation.

7. Telephonic HR discussion on salary expectation.

After these rounds, HR asked me to wait for couple of days so that they can come up with a number.

They didn't call back despite of many follow up calls and mails.
    Finally HR told me that the position has gone on-hold. :(

So i would suggest others to don't wait too much or put all your hopes on it.

Interview Questions

• wap to find a number in circular rotated array in less than O(n)   1 Answer
    • wap to reverse a string using recursion   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in September 2018.

Interview

I applied online through their website and received an email in a few weeks to provide an availability to initial phone call with an engineer.
    30 mins phone call was totally technical. No need of any laptop or internet connection but be ready to answer some indepth technical question and discuss algorithm for a program.

After a successful phone call, I was invited for an onsite interview at New York location.
    5 rounds of technical interviews with different team memebers and hiring manager. All the questions were not exteremly difficult and interviewers were good too.

After finishing 5 rounds of an interview, I think I did well and had a chance to talk with a director. Everything went well but then did not hear back from them. Followed up 3 times but no response from anyone at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Questions

• Phone Screen:
      Check if two elements in an array equal to a sum or not?   1 Answer
    • Onsite #1:
      Fibonacci, recursively and iteratively, Tradeoff and complexities for both solution   1 Answer
    • Onsite #2:
      Return max difference between two elements in an array   1 Answer
    • Onsite #3
      Sqrt of a number within a range of tolerance   1 Answer
    • Onsite #4
      Generate all anagrams of a string   1 Answer
    • Onsite #5
      System Design question to process multiple feeds and an API to serve various queries   Answer Question
    • Onsite#6
      Return all characters from a string which appeared more than once   1 Answer
    • Onsite #7
      Remove duplicates from a sorted array with O(1) space   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and arranged a telephonic technical interview. But I never heard back from them about the interview or anything else, even though I sent many update emails.

Interview Questions

• How HashMap works in Java?   2 Answers
    • What is dependency injection?   Answer Question
    • Login to the problem : Count the occurrences of numbers in an array   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in August 2019.

Interview

Extremely disorganized and frustrating. One of the worst interviews I have given till date. The interviewer was extremely rude and reluctant to even accept the correct answers. The interview line-up was completely different from the given schedule. I only had 2 interviews onsite instead of 5. They absolutely do not respect the candidate's time and efforts.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on Java collections, multithreading, design patterns   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview had 3 parts: Phone, Personal (Technical) and a final round, where I spoke to 3 team leaders, who found my previous interview results interresting. During the phone interview, I was asked core java questions, the personal-technical round was really long (~4 hours), and I was interviewed by 3 groups (Java, SQL and HR/manager). The goal of the last round was to get to know the team leaders, and figure out, in which team would I fit.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2014.

Interview

I conduct the interview last week, although the questions are not too hard, but I wasn't be able to answer all questions as I was very busy in preparing my midterms.

Interview Questions

• database: describe the 1NF, 2NF and 3NF.   2 Answers

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)).

Interview

After I succeed the HR and the technical phone interviews I got invited to Assessment Center at MS headquarters in Budapest. The first part was a group exercise, me and the other candidates had to decide which technical solution would we choose in order solve one specific problem. In this part the most important thing was to cooperate with the others, and also make a decision as fast as possible. No technical expertise was required in that part.
    The second part was an HR interview, they mostly asked questions they already had asked during the phone interview.
    The last part was a technical interview, and this was the most difficult. As I'm just finishing my first course in java, I could not answer most of these questions, as they were very deep and specific.
    Although the interview was tough, the whole process was very well organised, and also the interviewers were super-friendly and they helped me a lot. The best work interview experience in my life!

Interview Questions

• Why String class is specific in Java?
      Compare threads behavior in single processor-multiple core and multiple processor-single core systems?
      Compare StringBuffer and StringReader!
      And one tricky logical exercise.   Answer Question