Morgan Stanley Java Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Java Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Morgan Stanley

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

They gave me onsite opportunity after reviewed my resume. So I went there, there are 3 rounds of interviews, from 10am to 2pm. by 2 senior engineers and a manager. I followed up for twice in 1 month, silent reject I guess.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

phone interview plus onsite, phone interview is very basic, which is about basic knowledge about java. And in onsite, there are 3 people in total, ask coding and something about OOD. Not very difficult. The people are very nice and they will help you to solve questions if you cannot give a solution directly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

I got in the process for experienced position via Agent. i submitted cv and got a date for first screening interview round in Morgan Stanley Tokyo.

That round went well. They just asked basic question about what i do and past experience.

I got rejection after 1 week.

Just one request to company : if you are shortlisting someone for position, atleast have a technical interview to know how they are stronger in skills.

Interview Questions

• Some basic puzzle like burning rope from two ends. and questions on past experience ( not detailed )   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

I got a call through a consultancy and went to their campus on a Saturday. It was a drive for around 35-40 candidates.

1. Written Exam (45 mins)
    There were 10 code snippets based MCQs totally based on java. They were easy and can be easily answered if you are attempting after few days of preparation.
    There were also 2 programs and 2 SQL based questions.
    But they were strict about time i.e. 45 minutes which is less.

2. F2F Discussion (Normal Java Round)
    This discussion was totally based on Java.
    All the common topics like immutability, interface, Abstract class, singleton pattern, multithreading, collections were covered.

3. F2F Discussion (Design Round)
    I was asked to create a design for a problem statement by the interviewer. The main things that were targeted were Multithreading, choice of datastructures and the controller logic like polling etc.

4. Telephonic Discusssion (NY)
    I had a discussion with their on-site developer. We discussed about java and basics of multithreading and then a bit about sql. BTW only two candidates made till this round.

They informed me that i ll have a telephonic round with MD in coming days and then managerial and hr rounds..

5. Then after one week i had a discussion with MD (NY). Discussion was about aspirations and job requirement.

6. After continuously following up for 2 weeks , they set up a F2F managerial discussion(pro-fit round) with Senior VP. Discussion was high level technical and about salary expectation.

7. Telephonic HR discussion on salary expectation.

After these rounds, HR asked me to wait for couple of days so that they can come up with a number.

They didn't call back despite of many follow up calls and mails.
    Finally HR told me that the position has gone on-hold. :(

So i would suggest others to don't wait too much or put all your hopes on it.

Interview Questions

• wap to find a number in circular rotated array in less than O(n)   1 Answer
    • wap to reverse a string using recursion   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in September 2018.

Interview

I applied online through their website and received an email in a few weeks to provide an availability to initial phone call with an engineer.
    30 mins phone call was totally technical. No need of any laptop or internet connection but be ready to answer some indepth technical question and discuss algorithm for a program.

After a successful phone call, I was invited for an onsite interview at New York location.
    5 rounds of technical interviews with different team memebers and hiring manager. All the questions were not exteremly difficult and interviewers were good too.

After finishing 5 rounds of an interview, I think I did well and had a chance to talk with a director. Everything went well but then did not hear back from them. Followed up 3 times but no response from anyone at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Questions

• Phone Screen:
      Check if two elements in an array equal to a sum or not?   1 Answer
    • Onsite #1:
      Fibonacci, recursively and iteratively, Tradeoff and complexities for both solution   1 Answer
    • Onsite #2:
      Return max difference between two elements in an array   1 Answer
    • Onsite #3
      Sqrt of a number within a range of tolerance   1 Answer
    • Onsite #4
      Generate all anagrams of a string   1 Answer
    • Onsite #5
      System Design question to process multiple feeds and an API to serve various queries   Answer Question
    • Onsite#6
      Return all characters from a string which appeared more than once   1 Answer
    • Onsite #7
      Remove duplicates from a sorted array with O(1) space   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and arranged a telephonic technical interview. But I never heard back from them about the interview or anything else, even though I sent many update emails.

Interview Questions

• How HashMap works in Java?   2 Answers
    • What is dependency injection?   Answer Question
    • Login to the problem : Count the occurrences of numbers in an array   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in August 2019.

Interview

Extremely disorganized and frustrating. One of the worst interviews I have given till date. The interviewer was extremely rude and reluctant to even accept the correct answers. The interview line-up was completely different from the given schedule. I only had 2 interviews onsite instead of 5. They absolutely do not respect the candidate's time and efforts.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on Java collections, multithreading, design patterns   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in August 2011.

Interview

I have finished the interview call this evening and last 20 mins.
    I don't know how he will judge on me, I have present my best and answered most the questions.

Qs:
    Briefly self-introduction;
    Talk more about the projects' structure and related technology;
    What is the difference between JDK 1.5 and JDK 1.4;
    What is the HashCode and Equal method;
    Talk about the database;
    What is index, the advantage and disadvantage;
    Why you leave current company?

In fact I didn't see much interest on me from him during the interview. The English communication is fluent, but the question is really not questions, like some more understanding about what did I do and How. I did my best and am looking forward good news. =D

That's all. Wish it helps.

Interview Questions

• Talk about hashcode() and equals()   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by Morgan Stanley directly for a face to face interview in November 2016. It was scheduled in the morning and I reached there on time. There were not many people and everything was so systematic that I was really impressed.

I had 2+ years of experience.

First Round- The interviewer didn't ask me anything about my work, projects, etc. He told me that we are looking for people who are really strong in coding in Java language and gave me some questions. I was not able to answer any of them properly. He was not looking for the exact code but he just wanted the logic to solve the problem.

Interview Questions

• An excel sheet has different rows and columns. For example, for column A, row number is 0. For column Z, row number is 25. After column Z, it again starts like AA, AB, AC...Write program to get the column name based on a number. The method should take any number and return the column name corresponding to that.   1 Answer
    • Write a program to get an int value as argument and return it as string. For example, if I give the number 3456 as int, it should return the same number 3456 but as an object of String. You cannot use Java API methods.   3 Answers
    • You have an array of int with different numbers. You have to sort it in a way that the all the even numbers should come in the starting and odd numbers in the end. You cannot use a temp array or extra array in your solution.   3 Answers

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in July 2013.

Interview

A manager asked some question on Java, SQL, Perl, and Linux