Nokia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nokia Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in PO, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nokia (PO, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

It was ok but am hoping i will be call for the next stage .The manager also asked me about my current Visa status and the expiring date. I was also asked if am married

Interview Questions

• - Tell us about Nokia
      - Handover
      -IPS, Firewall
      -OSPF
      -SPT
      -2G
      -3G
      -LTE
      - Describe the architecture of 3G AND LTE
      -What is the difference between 3G AND LTE
      - Why is 2G still in use
      -i was sent a Zip file to explain things about ETRAN AND TRAN
      -Why do you want to work in Nokia
      -Can you work alone or in a team
      -Deeply explanations of Handover
      - What are your salary expectations
      -i was also asked some mathematics questions   Answer Question

Technical Configuration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nokia (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

4 interviews (first contact, technical senior, manager and HR)
    2 months process
    The last interview was on Nokia facilities and the HR team was polite and friendly. They explain all doubts and clarify all the expectations .

Interview Questions

• Tell us your weakness and how you think we can help you to improve on that?   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nokia in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online on Indeed. The director talked to me over the phone for about 20 minutes. After a month I got the email saying that they had found the right people.

Technical Writer Interview

Interview

First you need to pass a written test , followed by a technical interview with the hiring manager. They are organized. The application process took two weeks overall and I am happy to be hired.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

The recruiter for the position contacted me for a quick chat on my experiences and to describe the role to me. She shared her notes with the manager, who then set up another phone call with me to talk more about the job and my experience. The process was pretty quick, from the initial contact to a time the offer was made was approximately 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Technical Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nokia (Calabasas, CA).

Interview

1-hour meeting with the eventual manager and her assistant in a large board room. Fairly relaxed and was very conversational. Since the lead was through a staffing agency that pre-screens people before submissions I felt this was more of a conversation to gauge my personality. Her dept was small so personality mattered.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about computer technical skills and attitude regarding graphic details. Some questions regarding work style and personal management style.   1 Answer

Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nokia (Plano, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview came out of the blue two months after applying. It was a well structured interview, they have a clear set of attributes that want in a candidate.

C++ Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Nokia (New York, NY).

Interview

There was an introduction describing the project, it's goals and working environment.
    After that there was the technical part that consisted of basic questions regarding OOP in C++ and STL. There were also lower level questions related to C++ standards rationales or details related to CPU architecture and some pitfalls. There were no questions chcking the way of thinking, algorythmic or analytical skills, orientation in design patterns and OOP practices. Nothing about modern good programming methodologies/practices as well.
    At the end there was a time for interviewee questions that were answered with details and engagement. It appears they do want to apply recommended pracices (for example TDD, pair programming) but don't have people with such experience.

Interview Questions

• What data structure would you use for 2 million integers that would be inserted and the beginning and then searched many times.   1 Answer

ENB Summer Verification Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

First interview was a short phone interview regarding interests and questions about my resume/experiences. Second interview was over skype, with mostly behavioral/project questions and a few simple technical ones. Overall very relaxed and pleasant experience, no negotiation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to make a decision given limited information.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia in January 2017.

Interview

First I got a programming challenge in an email which I was supposed to submit within 2 hours from when I got the email. After submitting the challenge response, I got another round schedule in an email in about one and a half week.

In the second round(which was telephonic), I went through mu resume. Then I was asked explanation and assumptions of the code I submitted in the earlier round. I then was asked about my previous industrial experience and challenges I faced during that.

After the telephonic round, I was waiting for about two months for the response. Right after two exact months, I got the offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to count the occurrences of words in a file, and return the list of word - count pair in an order (1. descending by count, 2. ascending by word)   1 Answer