Nokia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nokia Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

The recruiter for the position contacted me for a quick chat on my experiences and to describe the role to me. She shared her notes with the manager, who then set up another phone call with me to talk more about the job and my experience. The process was pretty quick, from the initial contact to a time the offer was made was approximately 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Technical Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nokia (Calabasas, CA).

Interview

1-hour meeting with the eventual manager and her assistant in a large board room. Fairly relaxed and was very conversational. Since the lead was through a staffing agency that pre-screens people before submissions I felt this was more of a conversation to gauge my personality. Her dept was small so personality mattered.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about computer technical skills and attitude regarding graphic details. Some questions regarding work style and personal management style.   1 Answer

C++ Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Nokia (New York, NY).

Interview

There was an introduction describing the project, it's goals and working environment.
    After that there was the technical part that consisted of basic questions regarding OOP in C++ and STL. There were also lower level questions related to C++ standards rationales or details related to CPU architecture and some pitfalls. There were no questions chcking the way of thinking, algorythmic or analytical skills, orientation in design patterns and OOP practices. Nothing about modern good programming methodologies/practices as well.
    At the end there was a time for interviewee questions that were answered with details and engagement. It appears they do want to apply recommended pracices (for example TDD, pair programming) but don't have people with such experience.

Interview Questions

• What data structure would you use for 2 million integers that would be inserted and the beginning and then searched many times.   1 Answer

ENB Summer Verification Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

First interview was a short phone interview regarding interests and questions about my resume/experiences. Second interview was over skype, with mostly behavioral/project questions and a few simple technical ones. Overall very relaxed and pleasant experience, no negotiation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to make a decision given limited information.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia in January 2017.

Interview

First I got a programming challenge in an email which I was supposed to submit within 2 hours from when I got the email. After submitting the challenge response, I got another round schedule in an email in about one and a half week.

In the second round(which was telephonic), I went through mu resume. Then I was asked explanation and assumptions of the code I submitted in the earlier round. I then was asked about my previous industrial experience and challenges I faced during that.

After the telephonic round, I was waiting for about two months for the response. Right after two exact months, I got the offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to count the occurrences of words in a file, and return the list of word - count pair in an order (1. descending by count, 2. ascending by word)   1 Answer

Interview

4 rounds of interviews with team member, manager, manager's manager. Phonecall and face to face. Professional and friendly people. Questions are asked with an emphasis to check whether you fit Nokia Values and culture.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural Interview Process + Job related   2 Answers

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

1. Phone Screening with HR manager
    2. On-Site interview with 5 other people, including two staffs, Accounting Manager, Director of Finance and HR Manager.
    3. It took a month to see the result. Unfortunately, I didn't get the offer, but it was a great experience overall. Everyone at the site was very professional and treated me so well. Nokia definitely seemed to be a great place to work for.

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nokia (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Was told by both the external and internal recruiter that I was "perfect" for this job. Had a great interview with the hiring manager, and was subsequently ghosted on by the internal recruiter....only to find out the position had been filled. I had to send two emails to the internal recruiter, two emails + a voicemail to the external recruiter in order to get an answer.

Technical Lead Interview

Interview

First I had phone interview via cell phone and after that I had f2f interview in Nokia office. Several engineers from different teams tested me and then head of devices interviewed me.

Project Sourcing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

Very short, only one phone interview with the direct manager. I had applied online a couple weeks earlier and got an email from an HR recruiter asking to set up an interview.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume and tell me the highlights in the time span of a couple minutes   1 Answer