Northwestern Mutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,166 Interview Reviews

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Oak Brook, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Long and Lengthy but great people and comfortable interview process. Took about 4 interviews with different people and personality quiz. Very relaxed, if you be yourself you are fine they have a great culture and do a lot for you to succeed.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to get to no more about me as a person on an individual basis. Asked about what I do outside of work for fun. Why I want to work for Nothwestern Mutual, and talk about my background and experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation they have a contract as it is commission only and pay very well if you are able to produce.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Absolutely horrible, scam. No one tells you specifics, beat around the bush and then first day ask you to call 40 of your friends/family. Would not recommend to anyone, ever

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to be a financial planner? Cold call, cold call, cold call, complete waste of time   Answer Question

Financial Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Northwestern Mutual came onto our campus to recruit. The position is somewhat misleading as they strongly express that there is no need to contact friends and family, but in essence, the interview process involves you reaching out to family and/or friends.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Basic Interview Questions during the interview process. Questions were more behavior rather than technical. I was asked what the biggest strengths I had were and if I was personable. This job requires a lot of personal interaction so if that is not your cup of tea I would recommend against it.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Great interview! Really care about pairing the write candidate for the right job. Company wants to see that you care about giving back to the community and want to grow yourself professionally.

Interview Questions

• Who is the most influential person in your life.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Boston, MA).

Interview

Pretty causal and laid back, nothing specifically finance related. Just a conversation about yourself and what your goals are. Not hard to make it past the initial interview round. They want to make sure you know what the internship entails and how financial planning works.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

First step in the interview process was a call with one of the representatives from North Western. They Ask what you know about the company and why you are interested.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

There were supposed to be three interviews. The first was by phone which was basically just a screening process. I rocked it but wound up turning down the offer for another interview due to the fact that this position is not for me. The use these interns to sell insurance to their families and friends. They never come out and directly say this unless you ask about it. This may be for some people but I didn't want to damage relationships but trying to push insurance on those I care about.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your family.
      Tell me about yourself.
      Walk me through your resume.
      What are you most proud of?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Multiple interviews involving a personality profile test and meeting the Managing Director and Managing Partner of area office. It's all about how you might fit in with the company and how personally driven you are

Director of Recruiting and Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oyster Bay, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Oyster Bay, NY).

Interview

Was contacted by the head of the Farmingdale office on LinkedIn. Had an initial phone interview which went well and then was invited back to an in person interview which I felt also went well. Was there for an hour, and then was showed around the office. Was told I would be contacted by the end of the day to set up the third interview- didn’t get contacted. Sent my thank you email from a random lady and didn’t hear back. Two days later I get sent a GENERIC email from the lady that was supposed to schedule my third interview saying they chose someone with more experience!! How freakin rude is that! I guess it’s ok that it didn’t work out because I didn’t realize how inconsiderate the employees are of other people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about you that’s not on your resume   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

First I received a text message from the recruiter, then a LinkedIn connection request, then we set up an informational interview, and then another interview, and lastly a survey that was to be completed, and the process ended with a job proposal.

Interview Questions

• They asked about life goals and where I would like to see myself in 5 years and what kind of life would I have at that point in time   Answer Question