Northwestern Mutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,322 Interview Reviews

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Oak Brook, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Long and Lengthy but great people and comfortable interview process. Took about 4 interviews with different people and personality quiz. Very relaxed, if you be yourself you are fine they have a great culture and do a lot for you to succeed.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to get to no more about me as a person on an individual basis. Asked about what I do outside of work for fun. Why I want to work for Nothwestern Mutual, and talk about my background and experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation they have a contract as it is commission only and pay very well if you are able to produce.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Asked me questions about myself, than gave me "homework" to get numbers of my friends and family for them to cold call. They wanted me to have me each 10 names and numbers, and then of those 10, have them name 3 names and numbers I should contact.

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

First interview: Good, get to know you first. Then ask questions about your personality and your personal achievements. Second interview to be more about the position and how you would handle situations.

Interview Questions

• What was a moment where you had to overcome an obstacle in your life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Washington, DC).

Interview

Not bad at all, it was just like having a normal conversation with someone you are getting to know. just be ready to talk about yourself and have some questions to ask

Interview Questions

• most difficult is always tell me about yourself. I hate that question if you are not prepared because it is very easy to jump from one random fact to another so be ready for that   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

A lot of promises not fulfilled. Multi-stage. Promises of 6 figures and constant guidance. Once I began and was licensed, I was forgotten about. Priority was given to females because there are so few. I'd say 10 to 1.

Internship Interview

Interview

Interview was extremely friendly, truly an easy process, however I couldn't help but feel I was getting sold to the whole time. The position was more of a Financial/Insurance rep. than something in a true Finance field. 100% commission, and using your own network make it difficult to really last.

Interview Questions

• How would your Father/Best friend/boss/Baseball Coach of your university (I used to work in athletics) describe you.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Phone Interviews, were conversational and more about learning about the internship process. Nothing was surprising or out of the ordinary. However, they never followed through after the second interview.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Morristown, NJ) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process went well and the staff was very energetic and friendly. It wasn't your basic interview that consists of boring questions. The interviewer was laid back but very knowledgeable about her craft.

Interview Questions

• How many people were in my network?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2018.

Interview

The recruiter was very kind and flexible. I really enjoy this company and all it has to offer. It was first a phone interview, then a video interview, and finally an in persona interview. It was a long process but worth it.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your free time?   1 Answer

Itern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Tallahassee, FL) in February 2018.

Interview

I met an employer at the career fair and sent them over my resume and got a in person interview that day. It was laid back and the interview included two other interns. We all took turns answering the questions and then she gave a quick powerpoint presentation of what the company does. After she asked us all back for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this internship with northwestern mutual?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel 1-10 about this internship? (after presentation is given)   Answer Question

Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2018.

Interview

The process took a little over a month to complete. Upon applying, I had a 30 minute phone call with HR discussing my resume and background. The position I originally applied for did not work with my availability or experience, but they saw potential and forwarded my information onto the development team. A week later I had an interview with the tech lead of the department where we discussed past projects and motivations. Two weeks later I was invited for an onsite interview in the Milwaukee office. During the onsite, I had four different interviews. I talked with the team I would be working with, the tech lead, a senior developer, and the director of development. I then had lunch with the team and was given a tour of the building. Two days later, I received a call with a verbal offer.

Interview Questions

• Hypothetical Question: Let's say you are a developer and write a piece of code, but the project manager says to do it differently and won't take no for an answer. How do you respond?   1 Answer
    • What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question
    • What is better? A hack-y solution that doesn't completely make sense, but is efficient or well-documented/commented code that is slightly less efficient?   1 Answer