Northwestern Mutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,023 Interview Reviews

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Oak Brook, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Long and Lengthy but great people and comfortable interview process. Took about 4 interviews with different people and personality quiz. Very relaxed, if you be yourself you are fine they have a great culture and do a lot for you to succeed.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to get to no more about me as a person on an individual basis. Asked about what I do outside of work for fun. Why I want to work for Nothwestern Mutual, and talk about my background and experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation they have a contract as it is commission only and pay very well if you are able to produce.

Financial Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Very swift and professional. I was interviewed three times. All three times were in person. One was with another person but most were very personal. For the third interview you must prepare some recommendations. Good for seeing if you will do well at the job.

Anonymous Employee in Dakota Dunes, SD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Dakota Dunes, SD).

Interview

I signed up through school job fair. It was simple process where I had to create a powerpoint on myself. People were extremely nice. Seemed as if they just wanted more people to come on, not if I was qualified.

Interview Questions

Interview

Standard interview. Asked why I was interested in NML and a few basic questions about my interest in this field. All in all, had three separate interviews before offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good candidate for this type of profession?   Answer Question

Campus Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

I had one thirty minute interview over the phone and then an in person interview a couple days later. They were very nice and the process was super easy.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

It was a three interview process. The first is informational about the company, the second is about you, and the third is to accept the offer. After offer acceptance you must train for certifications to be contracted

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Manchester, NH).

Interview

Was reached out to for a phone interview which was set up. The phone interview will decide if you get to come in for a face to face. The face to face interview was more of a job overview than interview.

Financial Advisor Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied through college website. Was contacted by the recruiter and interviewed at the Park Ave office in New York City. The interview was straightforward with scenario based question. Very laid back. The advisor was very nice and the interview was not very long

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Recruiter called me after we had representatives on campus. We schedule a Skype interview that lasted for about half an hour. No difficult questions, mostly behavioral and questions about how I handled challenges in the past. A few days after, they emailed me for a second on-site interview. After finding out this was mostly a sales internship, I withdrew from the candidacy.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

The interview was one hour long and very detailed. The whole process was very relaxed and conversational. I was able to clearly understand the role and what would be expected of me.

Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT

Interview

I walked in the day before the training started - they had recruited people for months prior to this. If you have a good background they'll take you. If you don't, they'll take you anyway because there's such a high turnover in this company. No experience required.