Technical Support Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Technical Support

Technical Support Interview Questions

"Technical support jobs combine computer know-how with customer service skills in order to help customers troubleshoot computer-related issues. While some employers require candidates to have a bachelor's or associate's degree in computer science, others may only be looking for some level of computer knowledge and an ability to learn as you go. In an interview, expect to answer a variety of troubleshooting questions, such as how you would help a customer with a program that keeps crashing or a computer that won't connect to the internet."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What is your troubleshooting process?

1 Answer

getting all the facts first to identify the problem thoroughly and go through the steps necessary to rectify the issue. CEO who is also head of IT and the lead developer incorrectly corrected me by stating troubleshooting is going through a lengthy list of possibilities and making sure everything is correct. That is however incorrect due to the fact that such a process is counterproductive to assessing issues based on customer need to identify and take care of one problem that exists rather than a multitude of possibilities that do not fit the description of whatever the issue is. If there are multiple issues there are multiple fixes that may or may not relate to one another but time management is key in IT Support to quickly identify the customer's issue and fix it to minimize downtime for your client. An obvious red flag that this would be an oversight and not plausible business in client relations.

Tell me your greatest strength

Whats the difference between an API and a SDK

1 Answer

What port do you change for email? What is the difference between a private and public ip address? How would you handle an irate customer. When is a time you went above and beyond for a customer.

1 Answer

They asked about the city I live in. And they also asked my technical capabilities with Apple software and if I was willing to learn. They also asked about my home environment and if it was suitable for their work.

11 Answers

How would you handle a situation where there is no clear solution to a problem

7 Answers

Past job experience how would u handle difficult customer

6 Answers

Tell me about a time where you had a hard time working with a team member(s). Can be in work or outside of work.

4 Answers

They will ask you to explain how to put together a PC, and what you know about DNS and basic webhosting. They just want to see if you can do the very basics.

4 Answers

You work on 60th floor of 100 story building. You walk into your office and find a bomb sitting on your desk. It reads 90 seconds and is counting down. What do you do?

5 Answers