IBM Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.8

175 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Interview

The coding challenge was moderately easy with 6 behavioral questions and 3 coding questions. I got a reject after that. I prepared the questions from glassdoor. mostly all of them were on glassdoor.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Baltimore, MD) in October 2017.

Interview

Had me do an online video/code interview. Basically there were a list of questions that I would give a video response for and then some coding questions. The coding questions allow you to enter the code to a web based compiler.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about myself, what did I want to tell them about myself.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM in September 2017.

Interview

Online process using Hire Vue comprised of three open answer (mostly behavioral) questions, then three coding questions (30 min, 45 min, 45 min), then three more open answer questions that leaned more towards the technical side (i.e. Explain the method you used on the third challenge). For each open answer question, I received the prompt, had around 2 minutes or less to plan a response, then either hit record or the video started recording automatically. There was only one chance to record an answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a language you are learning right now and what its benefits and disadvantages are.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Berkeley, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online after school event and they got back to me in 5 days. It was heavily focused on string parsings and regular expressions which I don't really like. Also, during the coding, the camera was turned on the whold time (which means it was turned on for almost 2 hours and half). I felt like I was supervised even though it was an online coding challenge. I prepared data structure part for the position, but while I was taking it, I realized that their interview questions were not testing what i am good at. So, I felt they don't fit into my career.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM in September 2017.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

University Hire. Spoke with recruiter then was contacted by hiring manager. Had a quick chat with the hiring manager and went over resume. Got asked about previous internship. No technical questions were asked

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I applied online and 3 weeks later got an email for the first interview. The interview was through HireView and it had basic interview questions as well 3 technical questions i remember only one of them, which is the fizz buzz question.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM in May 2017.

Interview

Did several phone interviews and went into a panel interview. All is good with verbal assurance of offer as well as written assurance on LinkedIn and email. Offer never came. Interview process was nearly 3 months. Unreliable Recruiting poc and no communication from hiring manager. Really frustrated at the whole process. If you choose not to hire let me know instead of dragging the process over several months. I have asked repeatedly whether the offer is based on contract award. Was initially told it wasn't. But now no response. So I have basically given up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Got an email asking to fill a coding challenge on HireVue. Had a few coding questions. Some behavioral type questions that were recorded video. And another recording of the explanation for one of the challenges. – It was all online.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

1. Applied Online- Basic application on their website. Pretty simple. Received reply within about two weeks.
    2. Coding Challenge- 3 coding challenge with 5 behavioral questions and 3 coding. Received reply that I passed within a few days.
    3. Guru Interview - 1 on 1 with a Software Developer at IBM
    4. (still waiting to do my guru interview)