IBM Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in October 2015.

Interview

First, I was given a coding challenge where I was asked to do some coding in java. This took about 3 hours. Then a week later, I had a live, online interview via webcam with two employees there for about 45 minutes. They asked about my experience and some basic java questions.

Interview Questions

• What is reflection in java?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Two interviews:
    1. Phone Screening. HR talked a lot about IBM Analytics, asking some of my technical information: Language preferred, past experiences.

2. Techinical Phone Interviews, a friendly guy talked with me about basic programming concepts

Interview Questions

• 1. SQL things: Left Join, View
      2. OOD Concepts
      3. More about my technical background   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Boston, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

First round was an informal one. Was asked about my previous company and projects which I did in my masters and undergrad. Second round was a simple technical round. Basic oops and Java questions where asked.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge you faced in your previous company and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

After the phone screening and coding challenge there is the on site interview. It takes 3-4 hours during which you meet the entire project team. Some may ask technical questions, but generally they ask behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Social/Behavioral questions   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

They sent me an email and schedule a phone call interview, and it took about half an hour for the interview, some basic resume questions and ask me to describe the most impressing projects that have ever done, and then some questions on the projects that they will do.

Interview Questions

• Introduce the project that will be working on, and also some system design stuff   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Applied online and the team member contacted me after like a month through email. We set up a time for a technical interview. He was 30 mins late for the interview. Interview went good, but never got a response from them after that.

Interview Questions

• 1) Sort the integers in an array
      2) Design an elevator system
      3) Some question involving linkedlist and hash table.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Tucson, AZ) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied though college recruiter website.
    Then got an email a month later to set up an interview. Was technical and behavioral. Nothing too difficult.
    Asked about a lot of projects and work experience. Also informed me on what they do there.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had a conflict with someone   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in January 2015.

Interview

Only behavioral questions were asked. We went through each part of my resume and talked about my experiences. The hiring process involves an online test before the official offer, which is quite challenging. Other than that, the interviewers were nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I was referred through a friend; I sent him my resume and they contacted me about a week later. I had an in-person interview with 2 engineers who asked me more about my availability and interests - pretty easy and relaxed. I had a technical phone interview afterwards with the lead engineer. All were straightforward OOP questions that you should know if you're going into software development.

Interview Questions

• What are linked lists, what is inheritance, as well as questions like what my hobbies are, etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with five individuals from the group that was hiring. The group was already interested in an interview based on a recommendation from a current employee. Travel accommodations had a number of mishaps, which dragged out the process, but once confirmed went flawlessly. Airfare, car rental, and food were covered.

The interview commenced after a short tour of the current office space (the group will be moving to a new location soon). All interviews were done in the same conference area with short breaks to allow for refreshments and restroom breaks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were working in a group setting and there was a disagreement between group members. How did you help to resolve this situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question