IBM Applications Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Applications Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Lexington, MA) in May 2009.

Interview

It was for an internship position and I only had one phone interview. It was relatively low on technical questions since they were looking for someone soon. They did go through some of my previous work and since I had a decent portfolio for an intern the offer was easy to get.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't expecting questions about management and team work since it was a technical job. Questions like how did you work with the team when deadlines were not met or working with someone who was not a good collaborator, etc.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (East Lansing, MI) in February 2010.

Interview

Two interviews, one technical and one behavioral. The interviews were conducted back to back and then the offer letter was sent within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to completely describe a project I did years before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Baton Rouge, LA) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied on October 23rd. Got called for an interview on October 30th. Got flown out to Baton Rouge November 7th. Had a technical and personality interview on November 8th. Received job offer November 20th.

Interview Questions

• What is inheritance?
      What is encapsulation?
      What is an object?   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Interview

phone,in person,face to face,overall app understanding,core,prev project,company,HR related,location constraints,offer,onshore chances,architecture,Program,functional,people management,salary,benefits,prev company,reason for leaving,long, term plans,strengths,Question relevant for project life cycle. Managing of multiple projects. Cost management, time management, Quality management etc. Continuous improvement, Lean, Waterfall, V model, Agile project management

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted two parts, one technical and one functional interview. The technical interview asked questions pertaining to your technical skills to understand what you knew for the position you were applying for and the functional asked you more of the traditional interview questions. It lasted a total of about an hour and a half. It was not too intimidating very friendly people.

Interview Questions

• During the technical interview one question that was asked was, "What was polymorphism?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Charlotte, NC) in February 2011.

Interview

Straight forward tech interview. Mostly Java, J2ee questions. There were questions about image processing. Having experience with IBM tools always help.There was first round done by contracting company another round by IBM.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (East Lansing, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with IBM employees at the East Lansing office who have similar developer skills. More than one employee cautioned me against working here, and stated that the East Lansing Michigan Development Center was really an in-house temp agency for IBM, morale was very low, and this is only an option if you have to stay in the Lansing area. I was told that your career is secondary to the goals of the leadership team here, who are only there to serve themselves. There is no one to talk to about your career goals as all that matters is your hourly "utilization rate." A reoccurring comment was that the manager's here are absolutely terrible leaders and could care less about their people. Turnover is very high due to how badly people are treated. The mangers, called a Blue Manager, apparently can blow off all questions or concerns from their direct reports and seemingly only care about how many hours you can work in a week. One person mentioned that he had only met his manager two or three times in three years. He also said this manager does his yearly review but has no clue or idea of what the person worked on all year.

There appears to be nothing normal about this office as no one has permanent seating and people are grouped together by skills in an open and very, loud, call center-like area. There is no free coffee or free anything (no perks, period) unless the leadership staff have scraps and leftovers to hand out after a meeting. There are no events or activities like there might be at a normal IBM office. The employee policies are also different than they are for all other IBM employees. Be sure to ask about this as one person flat out lied to me when I brought up the issue. One woman told me how she became very ill and had to take one week off for sick days. Her manager told her that every hour she was out would have to be made up for by working nights and weekends. The minimum hours that can be billed here is 45 per week, not including any administrative tasks your manager might give you, such as mandatory training. These hours are on top of your 45 hours per week. You cannot take a vacation day without giving three to four months notice. There are no advancement opportunities other than what is related to your billable hours nor are there positions to advance to in East Lansing. I have a family friend who is retired from IBM and she said that you can work for one year and then transfer but this also appears to not apply to employees here as no one heard of this and no one knew of anyone who has done it successfully.

Interview Questions

• What project experience do you have from school? What kind of projects did you work on?   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Interview was straight and smooth. Asked some basic aptitude, data structure and java questions.
    2 rounds of written test . one is aptitude and other is technical. Then F2F technical interview. Asked some java and unix questions. Then HR round where some behavior questions were asked. Then after 2 weeks I was offered.

Interview Questions

• About some basic data structure and java questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Baton Rouge, LA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was very frIendly. I applied online after four week I got notice that I am pre selected for next step of the interview A friend told me he has coding test. In my case there wasn't. Generally no difficult question or no unexpected moment. very smooth cooperative interviewer. I can say it really was good experience. Brushing up core java will be crucial.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (East Lansing, MI) in August 2010.

Interview

I applied online, got an e-mail for a technical phone interview which was for around 45 mins. then i was called in for an interview on site which was a one on one technical and resume review which was hardly for 15 mins.

Interview Questions

• Difference between a string and a stringbuilder   1 Answer