IBM Application Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

81 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Applications Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Baton Rouge, LA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email back about setting up in person interviews. Before the in person interviews, I was requested to take their infamous IPAT test. Don't worry too much about it, a bunch of basic math questions. You won't finish, but chances are, you passed. There were two interviews on the same day. The first was technical and the second behavioral.

Interview Questions

• List definitions for all basic programming concepts. (ex. for loop, array, linked list)   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Boulder, CO).

Interview

The interview took place 20 years ago after I had contracted with IBM. Interview was conducted individually by developers, project managers and executives. Each level of management addressed different areas of interest. They evaluated both the qualifications and the social skills.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past experience and how would you contribute to IBM's success?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Monroe, LA) in October 2016.

Interview

Overall great experience. The people who constructed the interview were well prepared and made my time there one to remember. Though I did not get a offer, it taught me what not and to do next time around

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Interview was straight and smooth. Asked some basic aptitude, data structure and java questions.
    2 rounds of written test . one is aptitude and other is technical. Then F2F technical interview. Asked some java and unix questions. Then HR round where some behavior questions were asked. Then after 2 weeks I was offered.

Interview Questions

• About some basic data structure and java questions.   1 Answer

Applications Developer Interview

Interview

phone,in person,face to face,overall app understanding,core,prev project,company,HR related,location constraints,offer,onshore chances,architecture,Program,functional,people management,salary,benefits,prev company,reason for leaving,long, term plans,strengths,Question relevant for project life cycle. Managing of multiple projects. Cost management, time management, Quality management etc. Continuous improvement, Lean, Waterfall, V model, Agile project management

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (East Lansing, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with IBM employees at the East Lansing office who have similar developer skills. More than one employee cautioned me against working here, and stated that the East Lansing Michigan Development Center was really an in-house temp agency for IBM, morale was very low, and this is only an option if you have to stay in the Lansing area. I was told that your career is secondary to the goals of the leadership team here, who are only there to serve themselves. There is no one to talk to about your career goals as all that matters is your hourly "utilization rate." A reoccurring comment was that the manager's here are absolutely terrible leaders and could care less about their people. Turnover is very high due to how badly people are treated. The mangers, called a Blue Manager, apparently can blow off all questions or concerns from their direct reports and seemingly only care about how many hours you can work in a week. One person mentioned that he had only met his manager two or three times in three years. He also said this manager does his yearly review but has no clue or idea of what the person worked on all year.

There appears to be nothing normal about this office as no one has permanent seating and people are grouped together by skills in an open and very, loud, call center-like area. There is no free coffee or free anything (no perks, period) unless the leadership staff have scraps and leftovers to hand out after a meeting. There are no events or activities like there might be at a normal IBM office. The employee policies are also different than they are for all other IBM employees. Be sure to ask about this as one person flat out lied to me when I brought up the issue. One woman told me how she became very ill and had to take one week off for sick days. Her manager told her that every hour she was out would have to be made up for by working nights and weekends. The minimum hours that can be billed here is 45 per week, not including any administrative tasks your manager might give you, such as mandatory training. These hours are on top of your 45 hours per week. You cannot take a vacation day without giving three to four months notice. There are no advancement opportunities other than what is related to your billable hours nor are there positions to advance to in East Lansing. I have a family friend who is retired from IBM and she said that you can work for one year and then transfer but this also appears to not apply to employees here as no one heard of this and no one knew of anyone who has done it successfully.

Interview Questions

• What project experience do you have from school? What kind of projects did you work on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Raleigh, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

I got a call for internship from IBM for SAP Analyst role. And it was converted to full time position. So I did not go through any interview for full time.

In my internship interview, I was asked about my academic projects. I was also asked a few behavioral questions, Agile methodologies etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted two parts, one technical and one functional interview. The technical interview asked questions pertaining to your technical skills to understand what you knew for the position you were applying for and the functional asked you more of the traditional interview questions. It lasted a total of about an hour and a half. It was not too intimidating very friendly people.

Interview Questions

• During the technical interview one question that was asked was, "What was polymorphism?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Radford, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Radford, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Technical interview went over knowledge of Java and C++ average knowledge a college graduate should be able to say on command. Behavioral interview asked moral 'what if' questions. All pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• What is tree statements? (This question was worried weird)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Baton Rouge, LA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was very frIendly. I applied online after four week I got notice that I am pre selected for next step of the interview A friend told me he has coding test. In my case there wasn't. Generally no difficult question or no unexpected moment. very smooth cooperative interviewer. I can say it really was good experience. Brushing up core java will be crucial.