IBM Associate Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017

2.6

374 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

aptitude, reasoning , group discussions on random technical subject , personal interview of technical rounds followed by HR interview to assess the attitude of the candidate . the whole process may span multiple days

Interview Questions

• Why IBM ?
    Subject specific questions
    attitude assessment
    questions from previous projects
    questions from education majors
    case study
    group discussions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Applied through employee referral drive. Has a 2 written tests followed by a f2f intervew. From about 500 people, they selected 50 after the tests and nearly all were selected in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions to find the next term in series. The questions were timed.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY).

Interview

Hiring process was pretty simple. It happened as part of campus placement in college. There was an aptitude test followed by a round of technical interview, in which not many technical questions were asked

Interview Questions

• Asked me about design of reinforced concrete beams which was unexpected, as I was interviewing for a software position   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Interviewer was friendly and cordial, got a good mix of technical and HR questions, interviewer checked my knowledge in programming and algorithms, asked some question on extra curriculars as well

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM in January 2013.

Interview

It was an on campus interview. Had a 1. written test 2. Group discussion and Technical interview+HR interview. The written test was an hour long and had around 40 questions. The questions were simple.

Interview Questions

• 1. Basic DBMS questions and some HR questions to test your personality. Technical questions were from the projects mentioned in the resume. Group discussion was on some general topic on some issue which was going on or opinion on some general practice existing   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Endicott, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Endicott, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Received an email months after I applied saying I was selected for a phone interview. Selected a date and a representative from the local IBM office called me. 14 out of the 15 minutes we talked, I was asking various questions about the position. Received an email the next day to take the IQ/Reasoning test which was simple considering I took it 2 am in the morning and passed. In a few weeks another phone interview was setup and 14 out of the 15 minutes I was asked questions about how I would react to certain situations. Very simple and straight forward until 3 months went by and I did not hear about any updates. Then received a phone call and an offer in my email for a part-time position.

Interview Questions

• A customer wants to alter specifications which may comprise the project end date. How would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM (Hyderabad (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

The written test was the worst. We had to start at 11am but it was started at 4 pm and there we people whose exam started at 7pm but before completion of all students results were announced. Next day in the interviews ibm document upload servers were intentionally blocked and students were rejected with the reason that their documents were not uploaded. An employee was smoking in the premises despite of saying him it was against rules of the college and another person from ibm was seen taking interviews with pan in his mouth some people suspect that they may been drunk but it was not spotted.
    They had a quarrel with the training officer and used some un parliamentary language.
    IBM was a very good company in my opinion but those idiots spoiled the reputation of the company with their stupid actions the drive was in GITAM university hyderabad campus on 14 15 and 16thseptember 2017

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Pune (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

It happened at MIT Pune. it took whole one day.before the interview there was two round of online test after that they shortlisted 69 students out of 550.the interview was mainly based on our resume and they are asking some technical questions in between.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patna, Bihar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Patna, Bihar (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

Initially there was online test.
    18 ques on quantitative aptitude
    18 ques on mathematical reasoning
    22 ques on english language

then the shortlisted students were called for the interview the next day
    the technical round +hr round were conducted together

Interview Questions

• explain your projects in detail   1 Answer
    • what is the current situation of the IT industry in India   1 Answer

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

The interview was great, the interviewer was helpful and it was a great experience. The interviewer checked if i am comfortable with the basic cs concepts and asked about relocation and live project scanerio s.