IBM Associate Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Associate Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.6

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Applied through employee referral drive. Has a 2 written tests followed by a f2f intervew. From about 500 people, they selected 50 after the tests and nearly all were selected in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions to find the next term in series. The questions were timed.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY).

Interview

Hiring process was pretty simple. It happened as part of campus placement in college. There was an aptitude test followed by a round of technical interview, in which not many technical questions were asked

Interview Questions

• Asked me about design of reinforced concrete beams which was unexpected, as I was interviewing for a software position   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Interviewer was friendly and cordial, got a good mix of technical and HR questions, interviewer checked my knowledge in programming and algorithms, asked some question on extra curriculars as well

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM in January 2013.

Interview

It was an on campus interview. Had a 1. written test 2. Group discussion and Technical interview+HR interview. The written test was an hour long and had around 40 questions. The questions were simple.

Interview Questions

• 1. Basic DBMS questions and some HR questions to test your personality. Technical questions were from the projects mentioned in the resume. Group discussion was on some general topic on some issue which was going on or opinion on some general practice existing   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Endicott, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Endicott, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Received an email months after I applied saying I was selected for a phone interview. Selected a date and a representative from the local IBM office called me. 14 out of the 15 minutes we talked, I was asking various questions about the position. Received an email the next day to take the IQ/Reasoning test which was simple considering I took it 2 am in the morning and passed. In a few weeks another phone interview was setup and 14 out of the 15 minutes I was asked questions about how I would react to certain situations. Very simple and straight forward until 3 months went by and I did not hear about any updates. Then received a phone call and an offer in my email for a part-time position.

Interview Questions

• A customer wants to alter specifications which may comprise the project end date. How would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

The interview was great, the interviewer was helpful and it was a great experience. The interviewer checked if i am comfortable with the basic cs concepts and asked about relocation and live project scanerio s.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

one of my friend referred me to join, and got the call from HR for F2F Interview and it was conducted very well and was comfortable. questions will be covered as per your current profile, entire interview process took more than a week to get the offer in hand

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

the interview process took 2 days.The first round consists of general aptitude and logical questions. An additional test was taken. On the second day technichal and HR interview was there and basic questions were asked .

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Chennai (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

"When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it”
                                                  - Paulo Coelho

On 10-02-2017, I got my call letter for interview. Test venue: Chennai Institute of Technology.
    On 13-02-2017,
                             I attended 1st round which consists of 3 sections.
    1st IPAT test(18-number series & 18-Quants),
    2nd Kenexa(Business English),
    3rd JAVA Simple Programming round(Mostly String operations).

IPAT & Kenexa was not a big deal, we can crack it by proper practise. Just go through previous year questions in indiabix and m4maths.

JAVA Programming round was unexpected as it was not told in any reviews. I guess we were the first to attend that round. It contains 2 test string outputs and we have to code for that.
    Some programming questions,
    1)WAP to change the first letter in every word of the string into uppercase(this was given to me).
    If input is “Hello world” then output will be “Hello World” note that they will give the input and output test cases. You have to write a code for that.
    2)WAP to search for a particular word in string.
    3)WAP to reverse a string(palindrome).
    4)WAP to find the word with maximum letters in a string.
    And refer all the string operations that found on internet.

After these rounds were done without any breaks, we were asked to wait in the conference hall. Then they announced the selected candidates for next round. We got some invitation mail also. We were asked to upload all original documents in their portal.

On 14-02-2017,
                             We were asked to come at 9.00 AM. There were total of 6 panels of HR. I was interviewed at 2nd panel. There was no separate TR&HR. Only one round was there.
                             My HR was a nice person, He greeted me with smile and made me comfortable.
    First, I was asked to tell him about myself. Then, He asked me to write any program I knew. Then, He asked me to rate myself in analytical skills. I said 7 out of 10. He gave me 3 puzzles(note: stick with your answer even if you feel it is wrong. Don’t change the answer. He will twist you). Then, He asked me one DBMS query.
    Finally, He asked, “Any Questions”. I said “No”. And he shook my hand and asked me to leave.
    Then I was called to another room where the original documents were verified. And I gave my Bio-metrics(finger prints). And then another gentleman sat beside me whispered “You are shortlisted”. I asked him twice to confirm that I was selected. Because I had faced many rejections before that. I was on cloud nine.
    Then, they sent some forms to fill for background verification.

On 20-02-2017, I got my “Expression of Interest” letter. And I’m eagerly waiting for my Offer letter.

Tips:
    1)Take all original documents & mark sheets. Scan all of them and take it in pen drive also.
    2)While uploading originals, make all scanned documents in to a single pdf file and then uplod it.
    3)After clearing first round, You will have 99% chance to become an IBMer. So don't get nervous in TR&HR round. Because it looks like just a formality round. Speak confidently and speak without any major grammar mistakes.
    4)Prepare your CV/Resume attractive and be genuine. It is your question paper. Most of the questions will be asked according to your CV/Resume only.
    5)Don't miss the coupon given to you. That's your identity in those 2 days of selection process.
    6)Learn about IBM. History,Inventions, Why it is called Big blue?, What is WATSON?, IBM founder, CEO, Current trend in company, What is your job role, etc.,(These questions may be asked in interview).

All the best friends. If you are not selected, don't feel sad. You will deserve more than this. I was unemployed for 8 months & I deserve this. :) Everything will come to you at right time.

Interview Questions

• Write a query to delete all duplicate data in a table?   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM in February 2017.

Interview

Ibm came for our college on 7/2/2017 for assosiate system engineer role, first round was aptitude.

Aptitude consisted of 18 ques on series,
    18 questions on quantitative,each questions had 2.15 min timer.
    Next 22 ques on english communication.
    Questions wer repeated from m4maths and indiabix even from r.s.agarwal.Practice well u can clear aptitude.

I had interview on 9th.
    Questions wer mainly from resume . He askd me about my skills and project.HR was very friendly .out of 140 ppl 12 ppl gt placed in ibm.
    If u clear aptitude,be confident n face interview.