IBM Associate Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Associate Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY).

Interview

Hiring process was pretty simple. It happened as part of campus placement in college. There was an aptitude test followed by a round of technical interview, in which not many technical questions were asked

Interview Questions

• Asked me about design of reinforced concrete beams which was unexpected, as I was interviewing for a software position   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Interviewer was friendly and cordial, got a good mix of technical and HR questions, interviewer checked my knowledge in programming and algorithms, asked some question on extra curriculars as well

Anonymous Employee in Endicott, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Endicott, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Received an email months after I applied saying I was selected for a phone interview. Selected a date and a representative from the local IBM office called me. 14 out of the 15 minutes we talked, I was asking various questions about the position. Received an email the next day to take the IQ/Reasoning test which was simple considering I took it 2 am in the morning and passed. In a few weeks another phone interview was setup and 14 out of the 15 minutes I was asked questions about how I would react to certain situations. Very simple and straight forward until 3 months went by and I did not hear about any updates. Then received a phone call and an offer in my email for a part-time position.

Interview Questions

• A customer wants to alter specifications which may comprise the project end date. How would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

the interview process took 2 days.The first round consists of general aptitude and logical questions. An additional test was taken. On the second day technichal and HR interview was there and basic questions were asked .

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM in February 2017.

Interview

Ibm came for our college on 7/2/2017 for assosiate system engineer role, first round was aptitude.

Aptitude consisted of 18 ques on series,
    18 questions on quantitative,each questions had 2.15 min timer.
    Next 22 ques on english communication.
    Questions wer repeated from m4maths and indiabix even from r.s.agarwal.Practice well u can clear aptitude.

I had interview on 9th.
    Questions wer mainly from resume . He askd me about my skills and project.HR was very friendly .out of 140 ppl 12 ppl gt placed in ibm.
    If u clear aptitude,be confident n face interview.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Mangalore (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

First round: Number Series, Quantitative Aptitude, Business Communication, Java Coding round.
    These all were online tests. There was a time limit of 2min15 sec for each question in number series and quantitative aptitude, and if one is not able to submit overall 3 questions within this 2min15sec then the system gets locked. So please do not miss any question and submit within the time frame. There is no auto submit so you have to submit manually. There is no negative marking so keep an eye on timer and submit the question before time gets expired. For business communication there was overall 20 min and there is no timer in this so you have to keep track of time on your own.
    Second Round: Technical plus HR

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Mangalore (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

There were two rounds 1.Aptitude 2.Interview Aptitude round had 36 questions each having a time limit of 2min 15sec .Second part in aptitude had business english it had 20 questions in 22 minutes.Next round was interview process.

Interview Questions

• Explain all topics written in resume like achievements ,projects etc.   Answer Question
    • How was life in college etc?   Answer Question
    • If you had an option between Microsoft and IBM with same package which would you choose and why?   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Chennai (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through online. It was a referral drive. After 15 days they called for interview. The process took 2 days. There were 2 rounds. The first round result were sent through mail.

The candidate should carry all the documents they have mentioned in the mail like all educational documents for 10th standard to highest degree certificates including all semester mark sheets and college transfer certificate and provisional certificate and also one photo ID proof like Aadhar or PAN or Voter ID.
    Don't forget.

The Candidate should upload these documents in their portal after the first round.

Interview Questions

• The first round was in Aptitude, English assessment and Programming. Concentrate more on Number series. Refer m4maths for 1st round.
      There will be one program.

If you got shortlisted in the first round then you have 90% chance to get selected.

In HR round he asked me to explain about the final year project.
      Then asked me to write and explain the program to find difference between two dates.
      Then he asked,"do you have any questions?".HR was friendly.

After HR round they verified all our documents and then they announced the result.

All the Best!!!
      Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

Interview

Hello aspirants,

I would like to share my interview experience with IBM at Chennai Institute of Technology, Chennai. I have attended IBM off campus for the designation "Associate System Engineer" which was conducted on 13-02-2017. It was a two day recruitment process. The process consists of two rounds, In which the first round is a online written test which includes 3 modules.

The first module is number series and aptitude and second module is Business Communication module and the third module is Java coding round. In this coding round, we have to write a program for the input given and execute the test cases. All the three modules needs to be cleared to enter into the second round.They will announce the names of the shortlisted candidates who are selected for the second round.

On the next day, they conducted the second round of Interview, which included both Technical and H.R round. IBM interviewer's was very friendly and they will make to feel comfort with their friendly welcoming nature. They will make us feel free. The interviewer asked to tell about myself (explain about the projects that you have done in your graduation very clearly), after that he asked me to write the java program of my own choice(may differ) and after that asked some questions on Database (may differ)as I kept it in my area of interest, some analytical,logical questions after that he asked about my interests.In the last, he asked "Do you have any questions for me?".

After that they have verified the documents and completed the Bio-metric verification for the candidates who were shortlisted in the second round. On the next day they had send an email which consists of some forms to fill up and agree the terms. The whole process was well organised and the IBM interviewer's make every candidate feel free with the process.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Hyderabad (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

I Applied through college. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CMR college (Hyderabad)
    The selection process of ibm are very simple. It have three rounds
    1.aptitude and number series
    2.Business english
    3.HR(both tr and hr in one round)

The candidates should carry all the documents from 10th to highest degree certificates and also one government id like Aadhar card or PAN card. They must carry all these documents otherwise they won't allow you to take test.

Interview Questions

• Aptitude questions are basic questions you can easily solve them. Number series are some what moderate you need to practice a lot. Coming to Business English round you can get almost all questions from previous IBM questions .   Answer Question