Mastercard Software Development Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 8 of over 929 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mastercard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mastercard (New York, NY) in Feb 2021

Interview

During the interview there were two people on the call, one asking about behavioral questions and a lead software engineer asking about technical questions. Everyone was very kind and seemed like they wanted to be here. A extensive introduction about the role was given at the beginning of the interview.

Interview Questions
  • They ask about things listed on your resume.
    1 Answer

Mastercard

Application

I interviewed at Mastercard

Interview

Very straightforward. I applied and they reached out for an interview. We set up a time and conducted it over video chat. They let me know a few weeks after.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Pune)

Interview

I applied through a referral on LinkedIn. Got a callback from HR after 17 days, and she gave me a test link. I got selected in that round and my technical interview got scheduled. The technical round was based on core Java, SQL, and Spring questions. I answered all the questions asked by the interviewer properly. He also asked me algorithmic problems and I solved that too properly. After the interview concluded, the interviewer said that I would get a call back from the HR. It's been over a month now, and the HR didn't even had the courtesy to call or even mail me any feedback regarding the interview. I even, sent a follow-up email to the concerning HR, enquiring about the status of my application but that too to no avail. I wasn't expecting such poor business etiquette from HRs of an organization like MasterCard. My advice to the management would be that please have the courtesy to send a feedback (whether selected or rejected) so that you don't waste the time and efforts of serious candidates.

Interview Questions
  • Fibonacci Sequence using recursion Core Java concepts Spring fundamentals
2 people found this interview helpful

Mastercard

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mastercard

Interview

One round interview. They mostly look if you are interested in the field or not, not necessary having much knowledge of DSA. but knowing DSA will have benefits. But the guys taking interviews are not good. They are not able to understand properly a few things.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Dublin, Dublin) in Feb 2020

Interview

First was a phone interview with two people from the team, one the lead and another senior position. This section was about 30-40 minutes long, basic programming, personalility questions nothing to extream for a junior position. After this there was an update phone call from HR asking about salary and benefits and talking about the next stage. Next was a take home assessment, which has a basic version and advanced program to write, and do an onsite about the solution (final stage). The solution was basiclly the same but the advanced version had more work to do. The onsite was done with three people two from the phone call and one additional person. At the beginning of the interview two of the people interviewing where talking to each other when I was aswering question for the other interviewer. It was hard to answer when someone is basiclly interrupting the interview by talking over you. After this part was done the two talking at the start began the section on questioning my solution, and a bunch of programming questions were also asked. They when over time in there section to the point that I didn't have time to ask any questions really and the interviewer, who at the start that was asking question while the other two talked to each other, had to get them to stop so I could get aleast one or two before someone kicked us out of the meeting room for their own work. About two weeks later I hear final word that I didn't get the job but that there was no negitve feedback just they went with someone else.

Interview Questions
  • How would you improve your solution.

Mastercard

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard in Jan 2020

Interview

Was a 40 minute phone call, with some general questions about background experience. Overall, the team that I interviewed with was very relaxed about it, with some general expectations involving the role itself.

Interview Questions
  • Asked about general internship experience.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mastercard (Pune) in Dec 2019

Interview

Techgig hackathon challenge, then invited for interview directly and also shared job opening on email. I scored 80th rank at National level in the Techgig Hackathon challenge that mastercard organized. Then was shared job opening by HR directly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Mastercard

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mastercard

Interview

It was a phone screen , the panel had two people , one was an agile coach and other was a Senior software development engineer. The interview started with Agile coach and the the other interviewer was late to the interview , so we kept waiting for 5 mins , the senior engineer was close to rude , he suddenly asked me to share screen and open my ide on my desktop(I was never informed my own ide would be used)..asked me to write a simple program and a test case on spring boot , i did that, and ran the spring boot app , no questions there, then he asked a few basic java questions , all answered , after a few minutesm, i understood that the seior engineer is not technically as skilled ans was not an experienced interviewer i have 10 yrs of technical dev experience and i was asked a particular question about removing an element from an arraylist while i was traversing it , it was a simple answer i.e Concurrent modification Exception , i also gave him the alternate solutions i.e iterator and copyonwritearraylist...now i went ahead and started discussing with him if there are multiple threads and they are using iterator remove , he then said a CME would be throws which was wrong and i mentioned the same CME is probabilistic and not deterministic and you should never rely on cme..i was shocked...such a senior engineer does not know basics of java...by that time i had made my mind about Mastercard...it's just all marketing stuff and fluff..the engineering is not nearly as good , they are just running on marketing and once competition comes..will be difficult for Mastercard...and guess what..the hr never even came back...although i din't probe the fr..but that says something about HR function as well..it's the same story...big corporate running just cos of Marketing and no competition..

Interview Questions
  • Most difficult question asked was Concurrent Modification Exception
RSS Feed</>Embed