Microsoft Software Development Engineer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Software Development Engineer Intern Interview Questions

3.2

70 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

I applied online and received interview after 2 weeks

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

Was contacted after a career fair. Was asked a basic question on string reversal. Got a reject in 2 weeks with no additional information as to what they didn't like.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

A phone interview after 3 weeks of applying.

Interview Questions

• Prepare data structures - array, list, linked list, binary tree, hash maps, etc   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in October 2013.

Interview

I gave my resume to a Microsoft recruiter at a presentation at my university. I got an email from another recruiter a week or two later. They said that they'd like me to come in for an on-campus interview, and asked for a quick response so they could schedule it. I responded immediately and gave my availability (which ended up being only one day), and then never heard from them until NOON OF THAT DAY, when they asked if I could come in at 2 PM.
    I had given up on the interview by then, but I agreed to come in even though I was unprepared. The interviewer asked me one question about linked lists, but he seemed almost as unprepared for interviewing as me, and the interview lasted only about 20 minutes. By the end of it, we both knew it wasn't going anywhere.

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I gave my resume to college recruiter. Invited to attend a what to expect during the interview meeting. Then given an on campus interview the day after. The interviewer was a developer from Redmond. This was round one of process. I was told round two and three would be at Redmond.

Interview Questions

• There were behavioral questions and some technical questions. The one technical question I remembered was N-queens problem.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

Basically just received an email that told me to schedule an interview time. I did and signed up for a phone interview. A week later, I completed a phone interview. We talked about responsibilities of the position, and then went into the technical questions. I was asked a basic sorting question, then asked to describe my preferred search algorithm. All pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would install and configure a router for a home network?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was what you expect from a Microsoft interview. I was contacted for an on-campus interview. The interviewer was very quiet, but he knew what he was talking about. He asked the standard fare of behavioral questions and then asked the technical question. The solution he offered me wasn't correct though, not that I answered it correctly either.
    Additionally, it seemed he didn't have much mobility in the company since he said he has been in part of the team for the Start button for years now.

Interview Questions

• Being only the first interview, there were no hard questions, but they asked why I liked library A or library B and such questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in December 2010.

Interview

Recruiting personnel were top notch. The process of flying out to Redmond was smooth and easy. I was never lost or confused about where to go. The series of 4 interviews was challenging and mentally exhausting, but I felt pretty good about it all--even after tripping up a bit on some questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you write a program to show a stack trace given a raw stack dump.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was possible. The compensation was already very high.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Great culture, really friendly recruiter, and awesome welcoming process to Seattle. They really made sure I enjoyed my stay and came to know the city and the culture.

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

A phone interview, followed by 3 interviews in Seattle.

Interview Questions

• The DSP round: I was not expecting this, but I was bombarded with various questions on DSP. Though since I was interviewing for the video DSP team, I should have known better.   Answer Question