Oracle Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle Program Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter first, then the hiring manager, then the director. All were very pleasant and helpful, trying to make sure it was the right fit for them and for me. All over the phone, except one in-person visit with the hiring manager, who gave me a brief tour of HQ. Once the offer was extended, they gave me a chance to think it over and negotiate a bit. Glad I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Nothing in particular--we discussed my skills and experience, and I had people familiar with the my work that recommended me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, there was a bit of back and forth as I considered other offers, as well. They weren't able to fully match another offer, but I knew it was a better fit.

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Four phone interview process with the hiring manager, and three peers. Straight forward questions on business acumen, project management skills and program management experiences. Following the interviews and positive feedback, the hiring manager called with the position and salary offer. Upon verbal acceptance, HR followed with the on boarding documents to be signed and FedEx-ed back.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle managing projects that conflict with each other in resource, timelines and other factors?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Denver, CO) in February 2009.

Interview

Recruitor found me off of LinkedIn. Initial phone screen with recruiter, couple of calls with hiring manager. Didn't have a face to face with ANYBODY from the company until I had worked there almost 2 years

Interview Questions

• don't recall anything asked outside of general skills knowledge   1 Answer

Negotiation

told them my expected salary and that was exactly what they offered me. No negotiation. Suspect this is not the norm.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Brussels (Belgium)) in May 2015.

Interview

Oracle has a highly professional recruiting organization. The recruiting team will organize the whole cycle, the interviews, the background checks, reference checks, and the set up of the recruiting cycle. Business leaders are heavily involved, put you to the test and ask relevant questions, often by letting you present your view on a case study. You will present this in front of the main decision makers. All very professional and thorough. Real good recruiting process in my point of view

Interview Questions

• Case study that you need to prepare and present
      Motivation, view on Oracle, the value you can add to Oracle and the other way around
      1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

Three round process, It took around 15 days to get the call scheduling the interview. On said date had first telephonic round. Afet one week, I was put across for ne more telephonic round from osite Manager.It was followed with F2F with team at Bangalore followed by background Check and offer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle in October 2011.

Interview

Very informal discussion of my specific experience

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had with software sales bookings.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

It was worst. No time management. Schedules were changed frequently. People never kept their words. The emails only flowed, not actions. Very pathetic experience. The cycle was long.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oracle in September 2010.

Interview

This was an interview to move from contractor to permanent hire after Oracle acquired Sun Microsystems. The interview was mostly about salary and compensation, not skills (I was already doing the job as a contractor). The option of increasing responsibilities were not availed.

Interview Questions

• If you were offered this position, would you take it?   1 Answer
    • The salary is fixed by the position and grade, would you accept $110k with a bonus potential of 17-19%?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated a $5K salary increase (4.5%), other aspects were not negotiable. Be willing to walk if you want to negotiate more.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oracle in April 2009.

Interview

I met with an Oracle recruiter on-site at a career fair and applied to be a program manager directing customer success programs. The interview consisted of two stages: one phone interview and one on-site interview at the headquarters. The phone interview was purely behavioral with the questions relating to what you would do in certain scenarios regarding deadlines, project management, and teamwork. The on-site interview was a more rigorous version of this.

Interview Questions

• You have a project that involves both technical and non-technical teams. You meet with the technical team and jot down their understanding of what needs to be done and need to translate the project requirements to the non-technical team. How would you approach translating the information and presenting it to your managers?   1 Answer