PwC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 19, 2018
7,452 Interview Reviews

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC in June 2018.

Interview

After talking with a recruiter I was set up with an over the phone technical screening the next day. The technical screening lasted about 30 minutes and was centered around questions about my experience, but was pretty conversational.

After the technical interview I received an email scheduling me for two in person interviews a couple of days later. These interviews were with managers and were also pretty conversational. Mainly chatting about what projects I had worked on and how I handle difficult situations. Then we went on to discussed the role.

Overall they were relaxed, conversational interviews compared to some others I've had

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were able to save a customer money on a project.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (San Francisco, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

The interview was quite basic. it consisted with an informal meet and greet with a "buddy" for the day and then it was a series of four, more or less, behaviorally based interviews: two partner interviews and two manager / director interviews

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced an ethical dilemma in the work place. Who was involved? How was it resolved?   Answer Question

Negotiation

yes. they always low ball the initial salary. I was offered a much lower offer for a city that is much more expensive to live in that I was initially looking at.. they were helpful and understanding.

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in January 2016.

Interview

Fairly straightforward process. I was told about this opportunity through an employee referral. Their system is 2 phone interviews followed by an in person interview with a case study. I had both of the phone interviews, which i felt went pretty well but in the end wasn't offered a position.

Interview Questions

• An example of a time you dealt with diversity in a team setting?   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Recruited on-campus for first round interviews. Got invited back to travel to a central office for Super Day, which consisted of an interview with 1 case study and 2 behavioral interviews. Overall smooth process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

On campus basic fit questions. Know your resume and the business in the first round. Second round is more situational questions that can get a little tricky at times but as long as you have though through your experiences ahead of time, you will be okay.

Interview Questions

• How has your experience made you a good fit for this role?   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Boston, MA) in September 2010.

Interview

I had 3 phone interviews, the 1st one was with the HR which consisted of basic questions the other 2 were with managers which were 30min and 15min long. The 4th round was at the Boston office where I had to meet 7 people which included 2 Partners, 1 Director. It was interactive and all of them were very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Mention an incident where you faced a problem with a team member?   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Tampa, FL) in July 2011.

Interview

Snobby culture. Interview standard. Review background and listen to them talk and talk

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was professional and efficient. I interviewed with six partners all of which I found to be professional, emotionally intelligent and focused. They all wanted to find the right fit for me so they asked very good questions and were attentive listeners.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about my background and what I wanted to do that would interest me professionally.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straight forward. They made me an offer which I accepted.

Corporate Tax & Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

online assessment, than interview with second online assessment

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Signed up via my university's career fair. Offered an interview about a month after the applications were submitted. It was a 1:1 behavioral interview with a director at the office. Second round began about three weeks after the first round, and was the same, except I interviewed with a partner and manager, each 1:1, with the interviews revolving around behavioral questions and examination of my resume. Extended an offer two weeks later, which I accepted over the phone with a partner.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were working with a team and things were not getting done. What did you do to fix this, and how did you go about implementing your strategy?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation involved. I was extended an offer over the phone and promptly emailed the details of the offer, which I accepted.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PwC (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2011.

Interview

The first day of interviews consisted of two interviews from managers and directors of the firm. The first one was very nerve wrecking and lasted for over an hour. The interview did not consist of knowledge/education awareness questions. They have already pre-screened individuals per your resume and transcript to identify individuals academically qualified. If you get to the first round, it is to see if you can talk using manners, and with a smile. Tip: smile a lot, laugh when appropriate, wear business professional (black/gray suit with a white shirt/non-colored, tie that isn't Hawaiian, POLISH your shoes). The interview is challenging because the questions and discussions have absolutely nothing to do with the field of work.

If you make it through this interview process, you will be invited to an evening social event after which you will be introduced to your entire future prospective team. They will ALL be assessing you to see if your personality will be a good fit for the team. You will be taken out to dinner where again, the employees will outnumber the interviewees. This is again, to test your demeanor. Keep it professional, use humor, understand that these people are all human beings and want to see if they can stand working 80 hours a week with you during the busy season.

The day after the evening social comes the real interviews. You will be given a morning presentation. After that, you will have a series of appointments for interviews (4 or 5.) Each interview will last approximately 30 - 45 minutes. You will go to lunch this day with a few employees, and a few interviewees. There should be a 1:1 ratio over lunch.

All interviews are one on one. They are tough. They will ask you questions that pertain to your ability to handle clients in a professional manner, while delivering the quality standards that are expected to you. Be prepared. Know what your field does, and be prepared to answer what-if scenarios pertaining to client situations. Be prepared to talk to a partner during these interviews. This is the hardest day. Any interviewer has the right to object to your hiring. This is for good reason. Understand that it is part of the process, and they are in need of you.

They need good people and if you made the office visit, you already academically qualify. Just be yourself, stay relaxed, don't regurgitate rehearsed answers, stop and think for a few seconds before delivering a well reasoned response. Do these things and you should get a call within a few days from the Partner who interviewed you offering you a position. Don't ask about salaries, it will come in time.

I have been through harder interviews, so just remember that they are interested in you as much as you are in them. Stay yourself and shine!

Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in which you are auditing a client and find that documentation is missing, or something isn't right, and you suspect foul play?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-existent. This firm is competitive with industry standards and they offer a benefits package that is very generous. Take it or leave it.