Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teller Interview Questions

"Employers hiring bank tellers are looking for candidates who can provide superb customer service regardless of stressful circumstances. Expect a lot of situational or role-play questions that will assess your ability to diffuse unsatisfied customers and handle money professionally. In addition, bank tellers must also be comfortable with counting and handling bills efficiently and accurately, so come prepared to answer a mental math counting teaser."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

1. Let's role play, sell me a bank product..... 2. If im a customer and I declined what you are trying to sell me...

4 Answers

1. Hello, welcome to chase, how can I be of assistance to you today? I see that you're not enrolled in our chase dollar for dollar, would you like more info on that today? 2. Customer: no, I don't have time. Teller: Well, can I write down your info and have a personal banker call you later? I think this is where I messed up, saying this, lead the branch manager to thinking I was over qualified. She mentioned tellers usually don't want to sale people anything, they just want to do a transaction.

I think you did a great job. Another way to handle it would be (re 2) "I understand. I'd like for our personal banker to provide you with more information. When would be a good time for them to call you"? Then obtain phone number

Avoid yes/no questions. They leave customers with an easy way out. “Ok, I understand you’re busy. We can reach out and get you enrolled at a better time. What’s the best email/phone number to reach you at?” A question like this doesn’t have the easy way out of simply saying yes or no.

(1:1 Hiring Mgr) What is the extent of your cash handling experience?

3 Answers

How did you handle an irate customer?

2 Answers

How does good customer service sounds, feels, and looks like?

1 Answer

What are the steps you take to handle customer's transactions?

1 Answer

If you were asked to withdraw 200,000 dollars out of an account, what would you do?

11 Answers

Basic customer service questions, mostly scenarios.

4 Answers

What are your personal Values?

4 Answers

Most questions were straight forward and not difficult.

5 Answers