Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teller Interview Questions

"Employers hiring bank tellers are looking for candidates who can provide superb customer service regardless of stressful circumstances. Expect a lot of situational or role-play questions that will assess your ability to diffuse unsatisfied customers and handle money professionally. In addition, bank tellers must also be comfortable with counting and handling bills efficiently and accurately, so come prepared to answer a mental math counting teaser."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

How did you handle an irate customer?

2 Answers

Listen to them, understand their questions or concerns and proceed accordingly.

Yes you listen. Then relate back to them what they are concerned or upset about. Let them know you can help and if you can't personally, you would like to share their concern with someone that can help further to resolve their issue immediately.

What are the steps you take to handle customer's transactions?

1 Answer

1. Let's role play, sell me a bank product..... 2. If im a customer and I declined what you are trying to sell me...

2 Answers

How does good customer service sounds, feels, and looks like?

1 Answer

(1:1 Hiring Mgr) What is the extent of your cash handling experience?

3 Answers

How do you handle a customer with multiple requests

3 Answers

Did you or any family memeber make any contribution to the election campaign?

3 Answers

In the group interview, we had to pair up, then introduce and "sell" each other to the rest of the room (dumb, but not hard). Really, they are more concerned with how you do than what your partner says about you. Another question was, "What kind of (sales) goals did your employer set and what did you do to meet them?" Also asked about a time you went above and beyond for a customer, why Wells Fargo again, etc.; format was open - the interviewer would ask a question, then allow whomever wanted to answer. I tried to go within the first three or four people (I was in a group of twelve total).

3 Answers

If we were to call your former employees, what would they say about you?

2 Answers

What is the most important thing about customer service?

110 of 4,525 Interview Questions