IBM Entry-level Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Entry-level Software Developer Interview Questions

3.5

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM in October 2016.

Interview

A week after I applied for the position through IBM career site, I received a link to take the IPAT cognitive test.

I prepared for the test going through reviews and FAQs on IBM cognitive tests. Search for them on the internet. They are very helpful.

The test consisted of 2 sections. Number series and aptitude. Each section consisted around 18-20 questions and every question has got like 1minute15seconds of time. So you have to be very quick to respond.

I havent received any email about the test results yet. Waiting for the next step in the hiring process

Interview Questions

• What comes next?
    2, 9, 28, 65, 126 ?
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (New Orleans, LA) in April 2016.

Interview

The process takes about two weeks. Got contacted first by a recruiter with some preliminary questions. Then she set me up for two video chat interview, one behavioral and one technical. I think I did a decent job on those, and they said they were going to get back to me when the decision is made, but they never did. Tried to contact the recruiter but didn't get a response either. I mean its fine if they wouldn't give me the job, but at least let me know. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the time when you come up with a new way to tackle the problem at hand.   Answer Question

Entry-level Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I met the hiring manager at a career fair. She e-mailed and setup an onsite interview. At the onsite interview, I met with the hiring manager and a senior architect for the project that I would be working on. The questions from the hiring manager were very behavioral. The senior architect spent most of the time talking about the project. He asked me some questions about my background and experience with the languages, systems, and services that they were currently using. Overall, it wasn't too bad. I received an e-mail the next day saying that they wanted to move forward with the offer process. I had to take an exam and fill out background paperwork. The offer came about 5 days later.

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Software Developer Entry Level Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

the interviewer was late for an hour, but he was very nice. The questions are most about Java and C++, algorithm, pattern, and concurrency. No behaviour question was asked. At the end he told me to wait for a followup.