Technical Support Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Technical Support Analyst Interview Questions

Technical support analyst interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you handle a situation where there is no clear solution to a problem

7 Answers

Someone

Successful

Small

Describe a time where you were given multiple tasks to do at the same time, how did you handle these task and why.

3 Answers

It wasn't a serious of tough or difficult questions. There was a series of questions which I answered, and then because I thought I properly done my homework. when I was asked if there were any questions I had for the interviewer, I asked if they had tested their pages against some security issues that were going on at the time. The interviewer had to admit no they hadn't.

Do you have Knowledge of Active Directory

3 Answers

What is the square root of Pi?

2 Answers

How would you handle a call from an unhappy executive who had been waiting for help for 2 days?

2 Answers

Are you more of a Hardware tech or a Software tech?

2 Answers

Questions were pretty simple. A couple SQL questions and simple support scenarios. My only issue is with the later questions, interviewer seemed to want answers they required you to know how their support system is set up. Using Telnet, knowing what Server command and control they have set up to monitor the system status. Majority of my support work has been dealing with highly protected systems from classified government systems to highly secure cloud-based servers like the Amazon S3 servers. These systems use layers of security to protect them from hacker attacks. The use of scripting protocols and permission levels would be used, instead of the security laden connection tools such as telnet. I explained this to interviewer, which seemed to actually annoy him. He was hard to read. They were having a big support issue, and it looked like he had to take over to solve it. So interview became rushed at the end. The interviewer I met about the SQL questions, was very friendly, and I impressed him very quickly with my SQL and advanced Data Modeling knowledge. He offered my a great compliment that I had the skills they really needed on their team.

2 Answers

What does it feel like to receive bad customer service?

1 Answer

Can you describe the difference between system x and system y?

1 Answer