Technical Support Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Technical Support Analyst Interview Questions

Technical support analyst interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

Questions were pretty simple. A couple SQL questions and simple support scenarios. My only issue is with the later questions, interviewer seemed to want answers they required you to know how their support system is set up. Using Telnet, knowing what Server command and control they have set up to monitor the system status. Majority of my support work has been dealing with highly protected systems from classified government systems to highly secure cloud-based servers like the Amazon S3 servers. These systems use layers of security to protect them from hacker attacks. The use of scripting protocols and permission levels would be used, instead of the security laden connection tools such as telnet. I explained this to interviewer, which seemed to actually annoy him. He was hard to read. They were having a big support issue, and it looked like he had to take over to solve it. So interview became rushed at the end. The interviewer I met about the SQL questions, was very friendly, and I impressed him very quickly with my SQL and advanced Data Modeling knowledge. He offered my a great compliment that I had the skills they really needed on their team.

2 Answers

Was told by initial recruiter that I was their top pick, but after reading all the reviews on Glassdoor, I was sceptical at best. My expressions of employees in support center, they were not very happy. Through if offered I would of taken job, since I love challenges and saw many layer of improvements I could help implement. Probably better in long run not to get into this company. With so many bad reviews, seems like they have a high turn around rate. I want long term relationship with a company, not to join only to have to leave after a year.

I worked at eGain for a long time. While I can't recommend the company unless you are Indian, I can tell you I knew everyone there. Ali Chan is the support manager and he is a good person. I was not in his organization but I knew he treated people very well. If people looked unhappy, it's probably because the company beats the crap out of its people. They are super cheap about everything!

How would you handle a difficult, frustrated or disgruntled user?

1 Answer

Why are manhole covers round?

1 Answer

What is the square root of Pi?

2 Answers

What technical experience do you have.

1 Answer

Where do you locate the configuration settings to add a printer to the network?

1 Answer

The vacuum cleaner question because I wasn't sure how far they wanted me to go with it but it went fine,.

1 Answer

Why are man hole covers round?

1 Answer

Basically the interview questions were all standard.

Would you be able to start training within 2 weeks