Technical Support Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Technical Support Analyst Interview Questions

Technical support analyst interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Questions were pretty simple. A couple SQL questions and simple support scenarios. My only issue is with the later questions, interviewer seemed to want answers they required you to know how their support system is set up. Using Telnet, knowing what Server command and control they have set up to monitor the system status. Majority of my support work has been dealing with highly protected systems from classified government systems to highly secure cloud-based servers like the Amazon S3 servers. These systems use layers of security to protect them from hacker attacks. The use of scripting protocols and permission levels would be used, instead of the security laden connection tools such as telnet. I explained this to interviewer, which seemed to actually annoy him. He was hard to read. They were having a big support issue, and it looked like he had to take over to solve it. So interview became rushed at the end. The interviewer I met about the SQL questions, was very friendly, and I impressed him very quickly with my SQL and advanced Data Modeling knowledge. He offered my a great compliment that I had the skills they really needed on their team.

2 Answers

Was told by initial recruiter that I was their top pick, but after reading all the reviews on Glassdoor, I was sceptical at best. My expressions of employees in support center, they were not very happy. Through if offered I would of taken job, since I love challenges and saw many layer of improvements I could help implement. Probably better in long run not to get into this company. With so many bad reviews, seems like they have a high turn around rate. I want long term relationship with a company, not to join only to have to leave after a year.

I worked at eGain for a long time. While I can't recommend the company unless you are Indian, I can tell you I knew everyone there. Ali Chan is the support manager and he is a good person. I was not in his organization but I knew he treated people very well. If people looked unhappy, it's probably because the company beats the crap out of its people. They are super cheap about everything!

describe your customer service experience, and your customer service philosphy

1 Answer

How many HDD's are in this laptop?

1 Answer

The most difficult question asked of me was what would I do if a computer powered off and wouldn't power back on. The only other technical question asked was if I knew how to unlock accounts via Active Directory

1 Answer

"I see you were prone to leadership roles in group work, are you able to take the backseat when needed or do you need control? (sic)"

1 Answer

What is the square root of Pi?

2 Answers

Mike Rydin asked how my previous employer felt about losing me as an employee.

1 Answer

What kind of Candy Bar would you be and why? - Asked by the Support VP, who always tries to throw in a zinger question, so it could be something different everytime.

1 Answer

Technical questions about my previous job.

1 Answer

Why would you want to take a lower-paying job?

110 of 279 Interview Questions