IBM Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2017

2.6

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Pune (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

I was selected for IBM off campus placement process in Feb 2017. It started with an aptitude round which was followed by a technical interview on the next day.
Aptitude round consisted of 3 parts . The first part was the series question which was a bit difficult. The remaining 2 parts were comparatively easy consisting the basic mathematical aptitude questions and questions based on formal writing formats. They had a 20 percent cut-off for the final round and we were told to come the next day for the technical interview.
Students who cleared this round had 80 percent chance of getting recruited. We were told to carry all our mark sheets and also complete the online form registration given in the link provided by them.
The next day students gathered at 9 am sharp but it took almost 6 more hours till my chance came.
The interviewer was an elderly man who wasn't very friendly. He kept asking questions regarding my current project and resume. He didn't seem to be impressed by any of my answers. Maybe they just want me to tremble and fumble upon my words. I confidently answered all of his questions.
Then the next round was the bio-metric verification wherein they weren't allowing the students who hadn't passed the technical interview. They were also very specific about marks that had to be more than 58% EA. They re-calculated my mark-sheet as they weren't considering the grace marks given by the university. After 3-4 days, I received an EOI for IBM.
Just a word of advice for preparing the IBM interview, prepare the series questions thoroughly and be confident during the interview. Also be prepared with the details of your current project.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Hyderabad (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

he ask me about my self introduction , educational qualifications , my strenghts , known technologies, final year project and some technical questions .my family details , previous job offers , willing to do night shifts , do your under pressure or not?, do you prefer smart work or hard work etc

Interview Questions

• do you prefer smart work or hard work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

written test

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

1. Aptitude Round :which consists of (a)Number series ques :: 18 ques 2 min 15 sec each ques.ques were quite tough but all the ques came from m4maths , so don't be panic about it.(b)aptitude question :: 18 ques 2 min 15 sec each ques. ques were easy. () business communication question::22 ques 20 minutes. some ques came from business writing and some from use of grammer.

AFTER THAT only one interview round was there . which is mix of both technical and hr ques.
    As i told my favourite subject is Networking so he asked ques from networking and java only. ques they asked from cv only.

Interview Questions

• 1. Difference between static and dynamic routing.
      2. Difference between OSPF and EIGRP.(also asked full form of OSPF and EIGRP). what does it mean by cost effective in eigrp and how we calculate the cost of network.
      3.What is presentation and application layer in osi model, work of both layers.
      4.What is class . Difference between class and interface,use of interface.
      Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durgapur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Durgapur, West Bengal (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

first round consist of aptitude mainy prepare from m4maths website that too english questions .
    second interview mostly based on ur resume and hr questions 1st round is elimination round.speak english fluently.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhimavaram (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Bhimavaram (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

First round consists of quantitative aptitude (number series, time and work) , logical and verbal of nearly 36 questions. After shortlisted for 1st round, names were announced, followed by thumb verification process. Next day, Tr and Hr rounds are held, technical questions and some basic questions on our resume followed by family and personnel details

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your project
      paper presentations
      Tell me about yourself, father's occupation
      Would you like to relocate
      Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhubaneswar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Bhubaneswar (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview is not too hard.There will two round one written and face to face interview.
    In written round, they asked some aptitude and some general question.In face to face interview based on your resume.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Interview

So there was an aptitude test based on number patterns and test on business letter writing... After clearing both the test I was called for the interview it was a tech and hr interview... Technical was about project and questions were asked about DBMS and Basics of programming and hr was the basic questions

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

It was a campus recruitment process.one written test consisting of general aptitude questions and technical questions in mcq format one technical round consisting of basic questions from the B.E course and one more managerial round.

Interview Questions

• related to operating systems and data structures algorithms, little bit if c/c++   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durgapur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Durgapur, West Bengal (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was easy.The interviewer was very friendly.was aksed very basic oops questions.he gave me a puzzel to solve which was also very easy.Just be confident and the interview will be very easy to crack.
    They just check your basics ,your communication skills and your confidence.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for freshers

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhimavaram (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Bhimavaram (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

Initially we had gone through two rounds, one is on mathematical ability and the other is on business English.And then in face-to-face interview, if we are good at technical and communication skills ,it is fair enough to get a job in IBM.