IBM Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 10, 2018

2.6

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Chennai (India)).

Interview

There were totally three rounds. first round was written exam which included quans,number series and business english. they have particular cutoff for each session ,you have to reach their cutoff. after that there will be a group discussion. they basically check your communication skill in that. after that technical hr round where they will ask you to write programs and basic questions on c and java.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Interview at my campus
    2 rounds
    1)written(series questions)
    platform was not at all good .. be careful while appearing..
    totally concentrate on series problems
    2)single interview where your confidence is tested rather than your answers..
    I told him many wrong answers confidently....even though got selected.
    he asked me about AI we had a long debate where I was really confident which made me to impress him.
    he asked me which one is faster ?? java or c?? I don't know the answer so I just said java and gave some explanation confidently

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tirupati (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Tirupati (India)) in December 2017.

Interview

It was a pool drive conducted by IBM. First two rounds were written tests. Third round was GD and the fourth round wasTR&HR. First two rounds were easy. Prepare well for the GD as the major elimination occurs in GD round.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Pune (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

It was a pool campus in Pune. Around 200 students participated. The first round was aptitude where the timer was for every question.You cannot go back to the same question once you move ahead.If you pass the first test you can attend the next test which is business communication test. After that you are selected for interview.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhopal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Bhopal (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

Company name : IBM Ltd.
    Profile: Associate System Engineer
    Criteria : 65% throughout.
    I want to share my IBM placement experience.
    Firstly, I would like to share placement process of Big Blue i.e. IBM :-
    In IBM Placement process there are mainly two rounds.
    First is written test and second is Interview (Technical +HR).
    In Written test round there were 3 types of questions which were as follows.
    1)18 questions were from series completion.
    2) 18 questions were from quantitative.
    3)22 questions were from business communication and basic grammars.
    It is mandatory to note that for series and quantitative there was an individual time of 2 min 15 sec for each question
    and after that was a 30 sec gap for the next question to appear if you fail to mark and proceed to next.And if You are unable to attempt consecutive three question then Your exam session will be locked.There is no negative marking.
    Now coming to the English part there were questions form Direct and indirect speech conversion , active to passive
    voice conversion, business communication questions and questions on format of a business letter and basic grammar,punctuation errors.
    For this section total time was 20 min for 22 questions and there was no individual timer for each question.
    Then after written test, result was announced on the same day. I was happy because I was selected in written test.
    On the same day, the bio-metric test was taken.
    They checked all the academic credentials and took fingerprint of index finger.
    After completing this,they called us next day for interview.
    Next day, interview process started...

Interview Questions

• When my turn came, I went to interviewer’s room and asked for permission to enter the room , Interviewer was friendly and asked me to sit.
      The very first question he asked was " Tell me about yourself".
      I started to describe myself.
      Then he talked to me about many different topics from core subjects like DBMS,Data Structure and algorithms,any programming language of your choice, Operating system ,basics of artificial intelligence and natural language classifiers.
      He listened carefully to my answers and then he asked me to make any 5 promises before joining the company.
      Then I replied that I will pick up any platform like IBM Bluemix, and start working on it from now on wards.
      I will devote minimum 5 hours for coding daily.
      I will develop as many android applications as possible in current semester.
      I will brush up my programming skills and data structure algorithms.
      After listening he said nice and OK !!
      The next question was to describe the project in five minutes starting from the ER model, relationship between
      various entities used in the project and the technology that was used in the project to show it on the web page.
      I answered thoroughly.
      Then he asked questions on cognitive technology and Watson platform.
      I gave various examples on them.
      He was pretty much satisfied with my answers.
      Then he told me to discuss program related with business application.
      I replied calculation of Simple interest, compound interest,employee and employer Provident Fund,
      Gross Salary of the employee,Stock Buy Sell to Maximize Profit and linear programming problems,Maximization and Minimization problems fall in this category.
      At Last he asked " Do You have any question to ask?"
      I said yes.
      I asked questions on Bluemix platform and the popular buzzword Watson.
      It is easy to crack interview. They generally check communication skills and confidence and your keen willingness to solve any type of problem.
      If You have any query please let me know.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greater Noida (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM (Greater Noida (India)).

Interview

I applied through college. The drive held in Sharda University. First there was an Online Test(Aptitude+Business Development). [Solve previous years questions of IBM test to qualify for interview]. Result was declared within 2 hrs. Then on the 2nd day interview process took place. There were 9 panels for the interview process. On the first day they asked easy questions but on 2nd day the started asking technical questions too(maybe because they selected lot of students on the first day). Be confident in front of them is the key to get selected.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your yourself.
      Give 2 reasons if you would quit the job   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Pune (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

I was selected for IBM off campus placement process in Feb 2017. It started with an aptitude round which was followed by a technical interview on the next day.
    Aptitude round consisted of 3 parts . The first part was the series question which was a bit difficult. The remaining 2 parts were comparatively easy consisting the basic mathematical aptitude questions and questions based on formal writing formats. They had a 20 percent cut-off for the final round and we were told to come the next day for the technical interview.
    Students who cleared this round had 80 percent chance of getting recruited. We were told to carry all our mark sheets and also complete the online form registration given in the link provided by them.
    The next day students gathered at 9 am sharp but it took almost 6 more hours till my chance came.
    The interviewer was an elderly man who wasn't very friendly. He kept asking questions regarding my current project and resume. He didn't seem to be impressed by any of my answers. Maybe they just want me to tremble and fumble upon my words. I confidently answered all of his questions.
    Then the next round was the bio-metric verification wherein they weren't allowing the students who hadn't passed the technical interview. They were also very specific about marks that had to be more than 58% EA. They re-calculated my mark-sheet as they weren't considering the grace marks given by the university. After 3-4 days, I received an EOI for IBM.
    Just a word of advice for preparing the IBM interview, prepare the series questions thoroughly and be confident during the interview. Also be prepared with the details of your current project.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Hyderabad (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

he ask me about my self introduction , educational qualifications , my strenghts , known technologies, final year project and some technical questions .my family details , previous job offers , willing to do night shifts , do your under pressure or not?, do you prefer smart work or hard work etc

Interview Questions

• do you prefer smart work or hard work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

written test

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Noida (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

It Consists of two rounds
    1. Aptitude
    2. Face 2 Face hr + tech

complete your interview then wait for generations to get call letter.

overall a nice company to start your career with

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thanjavur (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Thanjavur (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

three was 2 rounds 1 st round consist of aptitude question half of them from number series .and half from general aptitude from profit and loss,time and distance etc.,easy questions only.And verbal type questions easy. 2nd round is interview general questions basic technical questions.