IBM Java Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Java Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

2.5

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM in March 2018.

Interview

The 3 hours online test. Which involves the practical implementation of java programs. And few Questions about the java principles. Once you clear online you are asked for face to face interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX).

Interview

I applied online and got an email a month later requesting a phone interview. The interview had basic questions on java, sql, web development(javascript and css), and finally lots of questions regarding projects on the resume.
    I was informed a week later that I was selected and would soon be contacted by HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting, they send me OA, which is a 3-hour long, video on, behavior and technical OA. Then they scheduled a video interview for me. They use HireView which is a company that provides video interview platform, but HireView is so hard to use. I can't pass the connection at my home, and campus wifi is still not good enough to have smooth connection. After the interview, they told me that I have positive feedbacks, but their recruiting cycle for this year has concluded............ Such a bad experience

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

There was a brief over-the-phone interview (maybe 45 minutes) with general questions about previous work experience.

We then scheduled an in-person interview which lasted a little over an hour. Here, they asked more technical java questions but none were very specific.

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Monroe, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Three interviews, one behavioral, and two technical. Also a test(maths mostly), probability, permutation and combination type questions. The interview was mostly on the phone. I got one technical call from India and the other from here in US. The behavioral was done over a video chat with one of the mangers from the center I work in.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle situation where your team mate is not giving enough importance to the work?   1 Answer
    • What is your approach for debugging a code?   1 Answer
    • What is difference between object oriented programming language and object based programming language?   1 Answer
    • What is Inheritance?   1 Answer
    • Difference between method Overloading and Overriding.   1 Answer
    • abstraction and encapsulation?   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in February 2015.

Interview

The contract house sent in my resume. I had one ten-minute interview with a senior developer. It was very shot and easy. We reviewed my resume, and that was that.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

I was called for an interview for a specific project. HR did really good job at coordinating but the interviewer lacked basic manners. He was not ready to accept any answers other than what he expected.
    Firedrill started during interview and we were expected to vacate the building. I asked his number to come back after 30mins. After 30 mins, when I called back, he said he's still moving back to his place and asked to call after sometime (crowd had dispersed around 20 mins ago). When I called after 30 mins, he disconnected and I received call from HR telling I didn't perform well.
    I did or did not perform and that deserves a respectful rejection. People who work at such organizations at the senior post lack some basic manners and assume they own the company. Any sensible person would value others time.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Telephonic , then face to face , then managerial round , some people they conduct the test as well.
    Collections, Hashmap , lambda expression, some.logical questions.
    .SQL.basic questions also asked and down angualr questions along with java scopt

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Mumbai (India)) in January 2019.

Interview

Checked aptitude and reasoning , not too much technical knowledge is expected you must just have your basics clear and should have a positive approach and good personality is what they expect the most

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Markham, ON (Canada)) in January 2010.

Interview

The interviewer was basically interested in knowing if I worked on a large project before. I did, so he asked my contribution in it. How many lines of code, classes I wrote. Asked about a few terms and technologies. No logic or brain teaser question. Very straight forward interview!

Interview Questions

• Behavior Questions like "Give me an example of you leading a project and your team members not agreeing to each other. How did you handle it ?   1 Answer